I'm starting to feel like we're getting left out in the cold.

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 si7ver
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

All I see is negative reactions from the media and others. While M$ gets all the respect and love. I know that once Halo 3 is released, Sony's PS3 sales are going to really struggle. Then in turn that makes dev weary of developing for us. I really hope I'm wrong about this, but our future doesn't look promising.

-777-

FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FireFalkon
Member since 2004 • 866 Posts
what love? if anything the media is praising halo 3, MS still hasn't showed anythig big at TGS, the single place few people are interested in the 360.
NismoNissan41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NismoNissan41
Member since 2003 • 432 Posts
I am waiting for a 9.5 or higher game on the ps3. PS3 has the best system out, but with no games to back it up. I dont know why people buy the ps3. My main reason why I bought it was for Formula 1 CE. Motorstorm was my second reason.
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jamie_1987
Member since 2006 • 1822 Posts
well its not like sony is doing much to help there situation, confusing consumers about there original price cut(more of a system dump)delaying home, no price cut, lack of games. Sony needs to get off there hill of money and buy some exclusives
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jamie_1987

what love? if anything the media is praising halo 3, MS still hasn't showed anythig big at TGS, the single place few people are interested in the 360.FireFalkon

ninja gaiden 2 was pretty big imo

si7ver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 si7ver
Member since 2003 • 656 Posts

well its not like sony is doing much to help there situation, confusing consumers about there original price cut(more of a system dump)delaying home, no price cut, lack of games. Sony needs to get off there hill of money and buy some exclusivesJamie_1987

I agree w/ you bro. I love sony too. But they really need to produce some 'A game' results.

-777-

EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts

I think the big thing with the media is they can't offend the 10million Xbox owners so they have to kind've pander to them a bit. It's kind've ridiculous, but that is how the press has to work. I'm happy knowing I've got the best system. Don't need the media to tell me.

I'm not worried about developers at all there are far more quality games coming out for PS3 than any other system.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

All I see is negative reactions from the media and others. While M$ gets all the respect and love. I know that once Halo 3 is released, Sony's PS3 sales are going to really struggle. Then in turn that makes dev weary of developing for us. I really hope I'm wrong about this, but our future doesn't look promising.

-777-

si7ver

ninja gaiden II

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

Not to bash people, but most of the world is stupid, and Gaylo 3 is a stupid game, that you have to be pretty stupid to fall in love with. Therefore the media, the mass unintelligent population and most game sites wet themselves over it because I guess they feel accepted in playing G3 with others of the same mindset. But, as analysts have said - the 360 will be last in sales overall, so not even Gaylo can put a dent in what PS3 really is.fntsycloud

fanboy

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Halo3 just nowcoming out after what 2 years since came out 360, that is a long time...... PS3 has only less than a year old. well, wait till PS3 turns 2 years old, we'll see all of AAA games.
Deviltrigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Deviltrigger
Member since 2003 • 343 Posts

sonys behaviour is weird, halo and mass effect are going to be released, what sony does to reply? delays home and doesn't announce a price cut anytime soon...

I guess sony is putting too much hope on mgs4 and ff13...

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I starting to feel like kicking a puppy.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
Halo3 just nowcoming out after what 2 years since came out 360, that is a long time...... PS3 has only less than a year old. well, wait till PS3 turns 2 years old, we'll see all of AAA games.Dogswithguns
Exactly. People need to be more patient.
SiiSsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SiiSsy
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
I starting to feel like kicking a puppy.donnygorgas
And what would that accomplish? :|
suralucard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 suralucard
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Not to bash people, but most of the world is stupid, and Gaylo 3 is a stupid game, that you have to be pretty stupid to fall in love with. Therefore the media, the mass unintelligent population and most game sites wet themselves over it because I guess they feel accepted in playing G3 with others of the same mindset. But, as analysts have said - the 360 will be last in sales overall, so not even Gaylo can put a dent in what PS3 really is.fntsycloud

Aww your just mad because you can't have a fun game like halo 3 on your ps3....and by your logic your stupid :D nice going

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
[QUOTE="Dogswithguns"]Halo3 just nowcoming out after what 2 years since came out 360, that is a long time...... PS3 has only less than a year old. well, wait till PS3 turns 2 years old, we'll see all of AAA games.lusitanogamer
Exactly. People need to be more patient.

yup. it's not going to happen over night
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
man, when kz2, and socom come out you'll be singin a new tune :P seriously dont worry about it sony will be back in the running soon enough
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

[QUOTE="donnygorgas"]I starting to feel like kicking a puppy.SiiSsy

I just want to see how far it would fly. So I could make a thread about how it should have gone much further and whine about it to all of you.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

[QUOTE="SiiSsy"][QUOTE="donnygorgas"]I starting to feel like kicking a puppy.donnygorgas

I just want to see how far it would fly. So I could make a thread about how it should have gone much further and whine about it to all of you.

:lol:
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

i have to ask this why would halo 3 being released hurt ps3 sales?... anyone who wants halo probably already has a 360 and most people who love halo had no intention of getting a ps3 in the first place

as for the arguement of no games? the 360 is getting 2 good games this christmas HALO and MASS EFFECT... we are getting ratchet and clank, uncharted, haze, unreal 3 etc...

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#24 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts

I am waiting for a 9.5 or higher game on the ps3. PS3 has the best system out, but with no games to back it up. I dont know why people buy the ps3. My main reason why I bought it was for Formula 1 CE. Motorstorm was my second reason. NismoNissan41

Oblivion got a 9.5

nerdomatic3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nerdomatic3000
Member since 2006 • 838 Posts
Ok, I don't have a PS3 and I do have a 360. I think ps3 is a great system. Most likely better then 360, but there are hardly and good games for the ps3. Sony needs to start making some games.
Theibault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Theibault
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

In the end, to me it doesn't really matter the popularity of the consoles and such, even if playstation fully bombs out this generation and doesn't make any money it won't really matter, there will still be a playstation 4, so that doesn't really concern.

What concerns me is games, I have all three systems and both handhelds, and I can honestly say that I use my ps3 the most and I am anticipating way more games on it than any of the others. For instance, these games will just make me one of the happiest gamers,

1. FF13
  2. FF Versus 13
  3. Star Ocean 4
  4. White Knight Story
  5. Little Big Planet
  6. Gran Turismo 5
  7. MGS 4
  8. MGS online
  9. Persona 4
  10. Disgaea 3
  11. Tekken
  12. Uncharted
  13. Folklore
  14. Ratchet and Clank
  15. Eye of Judgment
  16. Killzone 2
  17. Motorstorm 2
  18. Resistance 2
  19. God of War 3
  20. Eternal Sonata with extras
  21. Socom Confrontation
  22. Socom 4
  23. Wipeout ps3

Now those are just the exclusive titles coming out for ps3 that we know about as of this time and that list highly outweighs the exclusive games I'm anticipating on getting for any of my other consoles, so I mean idk what all the fuss is about but to me, even if the ps3 does do poorly, either way, I'm still gonna have all those awesome ass games and that's all that matters to me. Oh and I know technically Eternal Sonata is a multi, I just put it in there since it has the extra characters and stuff.

7CloudStrife7

I'm surprised you left of Dissidia:Final Fantasy considering your first two choices. LOL

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
dont worry before March was gonna be our saviour. Then September and now 2008. I hope 2008 is are year:D
Windblade91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Windblade91
Member since 2006 • 4343 Posts

if gthere was a stime for a surprise announcement it would be now

this TGS is disappointing

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jamie_1987

i have to ask this why would halo 3 being released hurt ps3 sales?... anyone who wants halo probably already has a 360 and most people who love halo had no intention of getting a ps3 in the first place

as for the arguement of no games? the 360 is getting 2 good games this christmas HALO and MASS EFFECT... we are getting ratchet and clank, uncharted, haze, unreal 3 etc...

xxgunslingerxx

seriously if you really think the 360 is getting only two good games this christmas then your a fanboy, theres alot of great games for both systems but its no question that the 360 has more, but you have to remember the 360 has been out alot longer then ps3.

xxgunslingerxx what about Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, PGR4, Beautiful Katamari, Ace combat 6, Army of Two, Guitar hero 3, Blacksite aera 51, Need for Speed Prostreet, Assassins creed, World in Conflict... anyway theres alot more but i think you get the point.... silly fanboy

FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FireFalkon

Jamie_1987
as big as FF and MGS?
Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jamie_1987
[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"]

FireFalkon

as big as FF and MGS?

for me yes, only because I'm a big NG fan and I didnt expect to see anything on NG 2 at TGS, so I was really surprised and excited

Bulldog-mT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Bulldog-mT
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i feel you. i have the 360 and i cant afford the ps3 so i am jelous that u even have it .for reall its the best system u get free online, web browser and all that. plus URT3, killzone 2, haze, uncharted drakes fortune, and so much more so i think ur right
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FireFalkon

seriously if you really think the 360 is getting only two good games this christmas then your a fanboy, theres alot of great games for both systems but its no question that the 360 has more, but you have to remember the 360 has been out alot longer then ps3.

xxgunslingerxx what about Orange Box, Call of Duty 4, PGR4, Beautiful Katamari, Ace combat 6, Army of Two, Guitar hero 3, Blacksite aera 51, Need for Speed Prostreet, Assassins creed, World in Conflict... anyway theres alot more but i think you get the point.... silly fanboy

Jamie_1987
other than Ace combat and katamari ( both aren't clear to be exclusive or not) and PGR all of those games are multiplats. oh yeah, I forgot the RTS for consoles.... MS depends on Halo and Sony depends on UT3, that's where the industry got to, two simple arcade shooters trying to be the console sellers.
FireFalkon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FireFalkon

for me yes, only because I'm a big NG fan and I didnt expect to see anything on NG 2 at TGS, so I was really surprised and excited

Jamie_1987
but for japan consumers it isn't, MS should be getting a lot of JRPGs if they don't want to continue being outselled 10:1 by the ps3 and god knows how much to one by the Wii
gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
When you think about it, M$ is just buying votes. What is your price? M$ will buy you too. Just like they buy themselves out of the RROD issue.
narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

i feel you. i have the 360 and i cant afford the ps3 so i am jelous that u even have it .for reall its the best system u get free online, web browser and all that. plus URT3, killzone 2, haze, uncharted drakes fortune, and so much more so i think ur rightBulldog-mT

plus it's a reliable system

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jamie_1987
[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"]

FireFalkon

but for japan consumers it isn't, MS should be getting a lot of JRPGs if they don't want to continue being outselled 10:1 by the ps3 and god knows how much to one by the Wii

so, what about here in america, that really is the main market right? look at how well sony is doing here and compare that to ms.

personally though i think ms should just forget about japan, no one wants a 360 there.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I say uncharted is gonna wipe his a$$ with the current 360 games.
EmperorSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 EmperorSupreme
Member since 2006 • 7686 Posts
[QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]

Jamie_1987

Um... Almost all of those are coming to PS3 also.

narpclinic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 narpclinic
Member since 2007 • 225 Posts

When you think about it, M$ is just buying votes. What is your price? M$ will buy you too. Just like they buy themselves out of the RROD issue.gamenux

I don't think so. From what I hear, the RROD issue is still alive and kicking. It's the medical equivalent of putting a bandaid over a shotgun wound to the chest.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jamie_1987
[QUOTE="Jamie_1987"][QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]

EmperorSupreme

Um... Almost all of those are coming to PS3 also.

see in my first paragraph how i said "both systems"?

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#43 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts
[QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]

Jamie_1987

Aren't all those coming to the PS3 as well? Just wondering. BTW, even though you mentioned "theres alot of great games for both systems" your comment about "but its no question that the 360 has more" made it sound like you were about to talk about 360 only titles and not multiplats. So are there any more for your list because I'm only seeing four other games and one is on the PC.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jamie_1987

-oG-ShAdY

Aren't all those coming to the PS3 as well? Just wondering.

wow people need to learn how to read, I said "Both Systems" in my first paragraph, did you not see that? just wondering

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -oG-ShAdY
[QUOTE="-oG-ShAdY"][QUOTE="Jamie_1987"][QUOTE="xxgunslingerxx"]

Jamie_1987

Aren't all those coming to the PS3 as well? Just wondering.

wow people need to learn how to read, I said "Both Systems" in my first paragraph, did you not see that? just wondering

Wow you're quick. Couldn't wait for my edit? Read above post please for reasoning.

Jamie_1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Jamie_1987

-oG-ShAdY

Aren't all those coming to the PS3 as well? Just wondering. BTW, even though you mentioned "theres alot of great games for both systems" your comment about "but its no question that the 360 has more" made it sound like you were about to talk about 360 only titles and not multiplats. So are there any more for your list because I'm only seeing four other games and one is on the PC.

Gamespot has a section for Upcoming release dates, maybe you should try that?

shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

lol, after halo 3 ps3 will do better.

wanna know why, cuz there is no AFTER halo 3.

halo 3 is the end of halo, and teh end of 360's reign of terror. after it being new dies down, every1 will think everything else i boring and buy a ps3.

the future of 360 ends on tuesday.

phan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 phan1
Member since 2004 • 125 Posts

In the end, to me it doesn't really matter the popularity of the consoles and such, even if playstation fully bombs out this generation and doesn't make any money it won't really matter, there will still be a playstation 4, so that doesn't really concern.

What concerns me is games, I have all three systems and both handhelds, and I can honestly say that I use my ps3 the most and I am anticipating way more games on it than any of the others. For instance, these games will just make me one of the happiest gamers,

1. FF13
  2. FF Versus 13
  3. Star Ocean 4
  4. White Knight Story
  5. Little Big Planet
  6. Gran Turismo 5
  7. MGS 4
  8. MGS online
  9. Persona 4
  10. Disgaea 3
  11. Tekken
  12. Uncharted
  13. Folklore
  14. Ratchet and Clank
  15. Eye of Judgment
  16. Killzone 2
  17. Motorstorm 2
  18. Resistance 2
  19. God of War 3
  20. Eternal Sonata with extras
  21. Socom Confrontation
  22. Socom 4
  23. Wipeout ps3

Now those are just the exclusive titles coming out for ps3 that we know about as of this time and that list highly outweighs the exclusive games I'm anticipating on getting for any of my other consoles, so I mean idk what all the fuss is about but to me, even if the ps3 does do poorly, either way, I'm still gonna have all those awesome ass games and that's all that matters to me. Oh and I know technically Eternal Sonata is a multi, I just put it in there since it has the extra characters and stuff.

7CloudStrife7

THink that says it all right there. Yeah, even I have to admit PS3 is going to have their butts handed to them this holiday season, but we're just going to have to wait. The only people that should be complaining really are those that actually put $600 (or more) on a system with no games on it yet. I got mine for $350. :)

chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

This kind of topic is getting really old. You guys need to be patient. The good games will come. I guess the $600 game tag comes with paranoid and impatient behavior. All I see in this kind of topic is people complain about games being delays, and people listing future games to justify their division for buying a PS3, and people who bash, blame, and whine about the media giving out more praise for 360 and being bias.

It's not even a year yet. Chill guys. The AAA games will come and if it doesn't in about 2 years then we can get piss.

-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -oG-ShAdY

This kind of topic is getting really old. You guys need to be patient. The good games will come. I guess the $600 game tag comes with paranoid and impatient behavior. All I see in this kind of topic is people complain about games being delays, and people listing future games to justify their division for buying a PS3, and people who bash, blame, and whine about the media giving out more praise for 360 and being bias.

It's not even a year yet. Chill guys. The AAA games will come and if it doesn't in about 2 years then we can get piss.

chatri10

I agree with you man. It seems like every time there is a Sony or Gaming event or announcement everyone has to rain on the parade and talk about how everything is going terribly wrong. I can wait. I'm happy with Resistance, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, R6:V, Warhawk, Super Stardust and the dozens of other titles before home and everything else comes out.