I Just Got HAZE! I'm Open To Questions...

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Flam3Thr0w3r
Member since 2007 • 1222 Posts

Well guys, I just bought HAZE today and I have just arrived home and it is currently installing the game data.

I will post my opinion on the game once I have had a chance to play it, but I don't want anyone posting and saying, " Haze sucks! It's a waste of money! " because I enjoyed the demo which is why I bought the game.

So yeh, I'm open to questions about the game and how it plays.

Just have to wait a few more minutes for it to install. :D

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 ONLYDOD
Member since 2006 • 6026 Posts
If the game data has installed yet, how long does it take to install? 5GB seemed like a big install for what I hear is like a 5-10 hour single player campaign.
Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Hmm i dont know if ppl will b wanting to ask questions because (personally) the gamespot review COMPLETELY stopped me from buying this game and i really dont know what to ask. I never had a chance to play the demo (because it isnt on the ps store) but from what ppl said that was crap. Well i guess i want to know how is the online, that is when u get a chance to play online.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

haze sucks and is a waste of money :D Just let me know if you play the game from start to finish.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flam3Thr0w3r

If the game data has installed yet, how long does it take to install? 5GB seemed like a big install for what I hear is like a 5-10 hour single player campaign.ONLYDOD

It has just finished installing.

It took no longer than 15 minutes.

Pretty good if you ask me.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flam3Thr0w3r

Hmm i dont know if ppl will b wanting to ask questions because (personally) the gamespot review COMPLETELY stopped me from buying this game and i really dont know what to ask. I never had a chance to play the demo (because it isnt on the ps store) but from what ppl said that was crap. Well i guess i want to know how is the online, that is when u get a chance to play online.

Blaiyze1

I would never trust a Gamespot review man.

ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ONLYDOD

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]If the game data has installed yet, how long does it take to install? 5GB seemed like a big install for what I hear is like a 5-10 hour single player campaign.Flam3Thr0w3r

Yeah that's not to bad I guess, thanks alot!

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flam3Thr0w3r

Right, I am currently playing my first online match.

I decided I would try the online out before the single player seeing as one of the reasons I bought it for was the online.

So far, it is brilliant! I have only played for five minutes or so, but damn!

There is no lag at all, the map I am playing on is a good size and overall, the only seems great to me!

I did notice that when I searched for a deathmatch, there was only 11 or 12 rooms, so the community isn't that big yet, but hopefully it will get bigger.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Flam3Thr0w3r
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

[QUOTE="ONLYDOD"]If the game data has installed yet, how long does it take to install? 5GB seemed like a big install for what I hear is like a 5-10 hour single player campaign.ONLYDOD

Yeah that's not to bad I guess, thanks alot!

No problem man. :D

Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

I decided I would try the online out before the single player seeing as one of the reasons I bought it for was the online.

There is no lag at all, the map I am playing on is a good size and overall, the only seems great to me!

I did notice that when I searched for a deathmatch, there was only 11 or 12 rooms, so the community isn't that big yet, but hopefully it will get bigger.

Flam3Thr0w3r

11 or 12 rooms... where do u live?? coz there might b less ova here (uae)
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

Flam3Thr0w3r

yaa me 2 cant find to many rooms..coz evry body is playing story mode co-op 4 players and the co-op thing is tons of fun try it dude :)

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Flam3Thr0w3r
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

Blaiyze1

UK, but that was just deathmatch, maybe there will be more rooms for team deathmatch or team assault...?

I have just started playing the campaign.

I haven't actually played yet though, at the start you are kinda just moving to each location and then you get a onto a plane type of thing that I'm guessing takes you to the first mission.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Flam3Thr0w3r

Ok, I've started playing properly now.

The plane type thing that you have to go onto takes you to the first level of the game, which is the level from the demo.

By the looks of things, the level looks pretty much the same as the demo. So I'm afraid that the people who were hoping for better graphics than the demo will be dissapointed.

I still don't think the game looks that bad at all though.

kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
[QUOTE="Blaiyze1"][QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

Flam3Thr0w3r

UK, but that was just deathmatch, maybe there will be more rooms for team deathmatch or team assault...?

I haven't actually played yet though, at the start you are kinda just moving to each location and then you get a onto a plane type of thing that I'm guessing takes you to the first mission.

now you will notice that the story mode graphics for the full game > graphics for the demo

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Flam3Thr0w3r
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"][QUOTE="Blaiyze1"][QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

kratos_q80

now you will notice that the story mode graphics for the full game > graphics for the demo

Ermmmm, as far as I can see, the graphics look exactly the same...

It does look a little bit brighter, but as far as I can see, the textures and graphics overall look the same.

jojo198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 jojo198
Member since 2005 • 1924 Posts
Haze is a waste of money, get Burnout Paradise instead, Haze 6.0 Burnout Paradise 9.0, see the differents??
AaronHullLfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AaronHullLfc
Member since 2008 • 863 Posts
you should do a review :D
charomid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 charomid
Member since 2005 • 901 Posts

Haze is a waste of money, get Burnout Paradise instead, Haze 6.0 Burnout Paradise 9.0, see the differents??jojo198

the man asked politely to not bash the game and say that it is a waste of money. you may think that but he bought the game because he enjoyed it and likes it, i hope no more people come in and say dumb things because its so childish

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Flam3Thr0w3r

[QUOTE="jojo198"]Haze is a waste of money, get Burnout Paradise instead, Haze 6.0 Burnout Paradise 9.0, see the differents??charomid

the man asked politely to not bash the game and say that it is a waste of money. you may think that but he bought the game because he enjoyed it and likes it, i hope no more people come in and say dumb things because its so childish

Thank you.

This guy is right, why come in here and bash the game when I asked people not too?

I bought the game because I enjoyed the demo, I'm not just going to go with the crowd and not get it because other people don't.

And yeh, I might do a review once I have finished it.

I just thought that this thread would be good to give people my opinion and answer their questions.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flam3Thr0w3r
Oh, and if you had looked at my signature, you would have noticed that I already have Burnout Paradise. :D
CrytekSamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 CrytekSamuel
Member since 2008 • 291 Posts

I played the first four missions yesterday, it wasn't bad, but the online is definitely the best part of the game. I must admit, I did shoot my own team mates a few times in the back to see them go nectar crazy. Couldn't resist.

What difficulty are you playing at? When I played through the first few missions, I did co-op on hard, which admittedly is easier then when you're playing on your own.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Flam3Thr0w3r

I played the first four missions yesterday, it wasn't bad, but the online is definitely the best part of the game. I must admit, I did shoot my own team mates a few times in the back to see them go nectar crazy. Couldn't resist.

What difficulty are you playing at? When I played through the first few missions, I did co-op on hard, which admittedly is easier then when you're playing on your own.

CrytekSamuel

I'm playing it on normal.

I usually play all games that I get on normal first then once I have completed it, try to complete it again on the harder difficulty.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Flam3Thr0w3r
Nobody got any questions...?
ONLYDOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ONLYDOD

For the part of the story where you play as a Mantel soldier do you always play as the Regular class of soldier or do you switch between Regular and some of the other classes shown in the booklet that comes with the game?

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Flam3Thr0w3r

For the part of the story where you play as a Mantel soldier do you always play as the Regular class of soldier or do you switch between Regular and some of the other classes shown in the booklet that comes with the game?

ONLYDOD

So far, I've only played as the regular class. Maybe I will get to be some of the other classes when I get a bit further into the game?

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

haze sucks and is a waste of money :D Just let me know if you play the game from start to finish.

Staryoshi87

^What this guy said, who never added me on PSN. :( Anyways, beat it last night and I gotta agree with Staryoshi. The campaign only lasted 5 hours and while I liked the last level, the actual ending left a lot to be desired. I won't spoil it for anyone, but don't expect much.

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Is the A.I really bad? Im not the type that believes everything in a review (Since GS said that DMC4 is repetetive) i finished it on all difficulties and enjoyed every second!
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Flam3Thr0w3r

Is the A.I really bad? Im not the type that believes everything in a review (Since GS said that DMC4 is repetetive) i finished it on all difficulties and enjoyed every second! dmc_freak978

No, the A.I isn't nearly as bad as Gamespot and other sites have said.

It isn't brilliant, but it is good enough.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

I got the game this morning, played up intill apart where you return to the rebel village to defend it, playing it co-op, split screen and on hard for my first play thru, right now i've got no complaints, you notice some of the stuff mentioned in the reviews (the flamethrower issue really smacks you in the face; sheer uglyness) but nothing as of yet has outraged me. The fact you cant set your aim sensitivity is anoying but other then that nothing has yet to stop me dead in my tracks and kill the fun i've been having.

ONLYDOD

Nah, you only play as a basic soldier, and even then its only for round 2 missions, after that you jump ship.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
[QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

BioShockOwnz

^What this guy said, who never added me on PSN. :( Anyways, beat it last night and I gotta agree with Staryoshi. The campaign only lasted 5 hours and while I liked the last level, the actual ending left a lot to be desired. I won't spoil it for anyone, but don't expect much.

Hmm, despite all of your bashing you've done here on Haze, you still got it. May I ask why you still bought it?

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

[QUOTE="dmc_freak978"]Is the A.I really bad? Im not the type that believes everything in a review (Since GS said that DMC4 is repetetive) i finished it on all difficulties and enjoyed every second! Flam3Thr0w3r

Thanks for the fast response =)!

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Flam3Thr0w3r
[QUOTE="Flam3Thr0w3r"]

[QUOTE="dmc_freak978"]Is the A.I really bad? Im not the type that believes everything in a review (Since GS said that DMC4 is repetetive) i finished it on all difficulties and enjoyed every second! dmc_freak978

Thanks for the fast response =)!

No problem! That's what the thread is for! :D

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

jt4mtb

Hmm, despite all of your bashing you've done here on Haze, you still got it. May I ask why you still bought it?

Because I'm a gamer.

canuck19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 canuck19
Member since 2007 • 365 Posts

hows the muptiplayer? does it work like halos online with guests and stuff.

Oh and also how is the offline multiplayer like me vs one of my buddies.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts

Staryoshi87
at the moment its keeping me hooked its a good game, and online good being a rebel to overdose a mantel troop is funny.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
man i was thinking on getting this game but i wanted to know how the multiplayer is? is it in any way compatable to cod4 or not even close?
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shadowkiller11
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"][QUOTE="Staryoshi87"]

BioShockOwnz

Because I'm a gamer.

that made me laugh.
Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts

The Landcarrier map online seems really awesome.

Is the story really that bad? What of the AI?

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

My question is:

Why did you bought that crappy game?!?!

-yours truly x832659q6824593665429834298364597

Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts

QUESTION about your personal opinion.

Voice Acting - just curious about your thoughts because I personally didnt think it was that bad. Kinda felt like they did a good job setting the tone for the nector. Maybe it was just me but I kinda thought it was a nice touch conveying nector the buzz and adrenilin and how cocky it would make a person. Just wanted to ask a question and I recently watched the video review and how the guy absolutly hated the voice acting.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shadowkiller11

My question is:

Why did you bought that crappy game?!?!

-yours truly x832659q6824593665429834298364597

x2926014
shouldn't you say in my opinion because lots like the game, aswell as some don't.
Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flam3Thr0w3r

hows the muptiplayer? does it work like halos online with guests and stuff.

Oh and also how is the offline multiplayer like me vs one of my buddies.

canuck19

The multiplayer is brilliant and it works really well.

You can basicly search for games or create your own games. You can even have bots which seem to work pretty well!

I have experienced no lag at all online so far, it's all very smooth.

etcetcetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 etcetcetc
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts

i wont say that it sucks but instead ill ask "does it suck?" and if not why

good luck this ones a brainbuster, oh and no lying trust me ill know if ur lying lol

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Flam3Thr0w3r

QUESTION about your personal opinion.

Voice Acting - just curious about your thoughts because I personally didnt think it was that bad. Kinda felt like they did a good job setting the tone for the nector. Maybe it was just me but I kinda thought it was a nice touch conveying nector the buzz and adrenilin and how cocky it would make a person. Just wanted to ask a question and I recently watched the video review and how the guy absolutly hated the voice acting.

CorporateHammer

I kinda agree with you, the voice acting isn't as bad as the reviewers have said, although some parts did make me cringe, like, " We knock them down like skittles! " or something like that, but yeh, it isn't that bad.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Flam3Thr0w3r

i wont say that it sucks but instead ill ask "does it suck?" and if not why

good luck this ones a brainbuster, oh and no lying trust me ill know if ur lying lol

etcetcetc

No, it doesn't suck.

Why? Because it has an enjoyable campaign, the nectar works great and it is original, the co-op works great offline and online, the online works brilliantly, with no lag whatsoever and the Sixaxis motion sensitivity is used very well.

Overall, it's a very solid first person shooter.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Flam3Thr0w3r

man i was thinking on getting this game but i wanted to know how the multiplayer is? is it in any way compatable to cod4 or not even close?muller39

As I said before, the multiplayer is awesome.

I don't think anything will compare to COD4's multiplayer at the moment, because it is just so deep, but HAZE will definetly be the game in my disk slot for a while to come because of the enjoyable and fun online.

Flam3Thr0w3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Flam3Thr0w3r

The Landcarrier map online seems really awesome.

Is the story really that bad? What of the AI?

detroitpistons0

Well, I havn't can't really give my verdict on the story seeing as I havn't completed it, but so far, it seems fine.

The A.I is, in my opinion, nowhere near as bad as Gamespot have made it out to be.

It's not brilliant, but it's good enough.

etcetcetc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 etcetcetc
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
well i kinda cancelled my preorder a while back thanks to ign buuut a few more questions, does it have good dual shock compatibility as in quality vibrations rather the crappy wiimote ones and are the graphics any better than the demo cause they were terrible and every review ive read says their terrible so if u say their good...well i dunno who to believe
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
I was finally able to get to EBGames today to pick my copy up. I'm playing right now just beat the first level and enjoyed it. The graphics aren't all that great but they certainly aren't bad either. I'll be playing through most of it tonight after the hockey game and post my thoughts.