I got Dynasty Warriors 6 BABY!

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 FullSurface
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts
man is it great, i love how they focus on everyones story deeply, so deep, it's in a deep kind of way lol, well my guy Zhao yun kicks butt, can't wait to use Gan Ning soon. hows everyone else going on the game?
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
I want to play it asap. I am dissapointed they took out a few characters and changed them up. They Changed LU BU you cant do that Koei. Oh well I will still buy it. It will be better than 4 though. I am also upset the took out Meng Hou and Zhu Rong the Nanman group
f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts
I read it was pretty bad, worst one in the series, hasn't reviewed very well so far. I'm passing on it
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
the game looks simply terrible
tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
I 'm sorry!
Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts
i lost interest in the Dynasty Warriors series, after i played my first one(lol) It's too boring for my tastes, plus except for a new coat of paint on the visuals, the game is the exact same as its predecessors
LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

i lost interest in the Dynasty Warriors series, after i played my first one(lol) It's too boring for my tastes, plus except for a new coat of paint on the visuals, the game is the exact same as its predecessorsSteel_Rain777

If you played your first one, how could you say it's the same? As a matter of fact, they're using a totally new engine for this one, alos the combos seems more complexes. At the Eb Games next to where I live they didn't had it on time, so meh I'm left to wait for a tad longer.

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

I read it was pretty bad, worst one in the series, hasn't reviewed very well so far. I'm passing on itf50p90

I played the older ones...they were fun for about an hour... but thats it... it gets pretty mindless after that

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

hasn't reviewed very well so far.f50p90

None of the DW series has reviewed well. Literally. None.
I picked mine up today, just waiting for my gf to finish playing NMH to give it a go.

fakecliche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 fakecliche
Member since 2008 • 668 Posts
People still play Dynasty Warriors? Hmm, we truly do learn a new thing every single day.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

man is it great, i love how they focus on everyones story deeply, so deep, it's in a deep kind of way lol, well my guy Zhao yun kicks butt, can't wait to use Gan Ning soon. hows everyone else going on the game?FullSurface

That's good to know that the individual story is deeper... I alway Max out Gran Yu first in every single DW games. I will be doing the same. :)

FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FullSurface
i started the game on hard mode with zhao yun, i've been playing it since my first post. this one to me is the best in the series, there was a point where it was an all out war, i couldnt tell who was who. I was like ahhhhh take that cao cao. lol i love this game!
FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FullSurface
I heard they also took out Jiang Wei, i gotta find out for myself though, i'll keep u posted.
jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
the trailer on the Playstation store was like those videos you see of the Holocaust
Jack_Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jack_Force
Member since 2007 • 2693 Posts
They supposedly took out pang de too :( don't get it in UK til March :( double sad times I'll be playing through wei first either Xiahou Dun or Dian Wei, I always max Wei Generals 1st.
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

i started the game on hard mode with zhao yun, i've been playing it since my first post. this one to me is the best in the series, there was a point where it was an all out war, i couldnt tell who was who. I was like ahhhhh take that cao cao. lol i love this game!FullSurface

Hows the graphic? I mean, I heard that the graphic isn't up to the standard, I looked at the screen shots as well as some vid, it didn't look that bad to me.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I would rather pull my teeth out with pliers than play this game, but i am glad you are enjoyig it.
willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
hey guys i still cant find the game in my area and its getting me mad. It was supposed to pre-ship in my area on the 18th and its still not on the shelves. Anyway i hope its in tomorrow i wanna play it pretty bad, love using SHU. Anyways how does it play? Good frame rate?
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

hey guys i still cant find the game in my area and its getting me mad. It was supposed to pre-ship in my area on the 18th and its still not on the shelves. Anyway i hope its in tomorrow i wanna play it pretty bad, love using SHU. Anyways how does it play? Good frame rate?willyc09

I did the install option and levels load in like 2 seconds, the only slow down occurs when there is a lot of people on screen, and I mean quite a bit of people, I actually had to turn around and run away about twenty yards so I could survey what the hell was happening.

The gameplay feels slightly different, however, everything looks so much smoother than past installments thanks to the mo-cap; enemeis actually die more realistically and some bodies remain for a little on the ground. I like it, of course, I'm one of those who plays DW religously.

FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FullSurface
graphics are great im playing on an LCD, the game supports 720p, "correct me if im wrong but I believe Diversity is an old old wooden ship back in the civil war era."
FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 FullSurface
this game should be in stores around 2day till the 26th, after that its guarenteed cuz im cool like that.
willyc09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 willyc09
Member since 2006 • 412 Posts
hope so cause i'd like to play it before i head back to school. I'm on reading week break so i have the week off, would be nice if it would arrive today so i had a lil time to play it.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="willyc09"]hey guys i still cant find the game in my area and its getting me mad. It was supposed to pre-ship in my area on the 18th and its still not on the shelves. Anyway i hope its in tomorrow i wanna play it pretty bad, love using SHU. Anyways how does it play? Good frame rate?Prinze

I did the install option and levels load in like 2 seconds, the only slow down occurs when there is a lot of people on screen, and I mean quite a bit of people, I actually had to turn around and run away about twenty yards so I could survey what the hell was happening.

The gameplay feels slightly different, however, everything looks so much smoother than past installments thanks to the mo-cap; enemeis actually die more realistically and some bodies remain for a little on the ground. I like it, of course, I'm one of those who plays DW religously.

QFT,
it doesn't change a lot like you'd have assumed, but, it's a good, solid DW entry...
But, with that said, only DW fans will enjoy it.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
well if its as much fun as dynasty warriors gundam then good for u lol
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Andrew_Xavier

well if its as much fun as dynasty warriors gundam then good for u lolurio1

Much better than gundam,
controls are tighter, you can swim and such,
load times are minimal.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 urio1

[QUOTE="urio1"]well if its as much fun as dynasty warriors gundam then good for u lolAndrew_Xavier

Much better than gundam,
load times are minimal.

ok but it is more fun??? u didnt mention dat lol... :twisted:

zeke2040

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 zeke2040
Member since 2005 • 1575 Posts
well i bought the game yesturday and its not bad at all.. i'm playing with my nephew so he can help me level character's two at a time...lol also i know they toke out alot of character... but the thing is , they'll probably have download content on the playstion store... they might have new character's, or more deeper story for the character or maybe more missions for it...
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="urio1"]well if its as much fun as dynasty warriors gundam then good for u lolurio1

Much better than gundam,
load times are minimal.

It's more fun, and I liked DW: G, but, like I said, it's def a DW title, if you like killing hordes of enemies as a famous historical figure, then yes, you'll have lotsa fun, however, if killing hordes upon hordes of enemies is not for you, then you'll find it too hack and slashy and you'll blame me for endorsing it, and I'll die a little inside :cry:

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 urio1
[QUOTE="urio1"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

[QUOTE="urio1"]well if its as much fun as dynasty warriors gundam then good for u lolAndrew_Xavier

Much better than gundam,
load times are minimal.

It's more fun, and I liked DW: G, but, like I said, it's def a DW title, if you like killing hordes of enemies as a famous historical figure, then yes, you'll have lotsa fun, however, if killing hordes upon hordes of enemies is not for you, then you'll find it too hack and slashy and you'll blame me for endorsing it, and I'll die a little inside :cry:

nooo don't do dat!! i'll definitely rent it :) lol seriously me and my friend loved dynasty warriors 5 and as long as there is a character with a huge sword hahahahaha i'll be good

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 siwelcram
Member since 2008 • 1183 Posts
Koeii = EA Japan. Neither of those companys deserve my hard earned dollar. Nuff said.
ShaolinSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ShaolinSun
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

any other people playing this game?? im debating whether to buy it... =/... no biased views please :D

Toadso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Toadso
Member since 2007 • 643 Posts

I am looking forward to this game. It wont be released in Europe until March, so I just have to wait patiently.
I am waiting for the reviews from the different gaming sites now. No matter how bad reviews it will get, I will still buy it. It has become a tradition for me to buy each DW game.

LordReithgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LordReithgar
Member since 2004 • 826 Posts

any other people playing this game?? im debating whether to buy it... =/... no biased views please :D

ShaolinSun

lol no biased views, if someone tells you they gonna buy it, for a reason or another, they have a biased view whatsoever...

I'm gonna go get it, because I have this craving to try a new DW entry hehe.

ShaolinSun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShaolinSun
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts
[QUOTE="ShaolinSun"]

LordReithgar

lol no biased views, if someone tells you they gonna buy it, for a reason or another, they have a biased view whatsoever...

anyone think ill be disappointed if i pick this up? cuz if i do it will be my first time playing the series :P

FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FullSurface

Koeii = EA Japan. Neither of those companys deserve my hard earned dollar. Nuff said.siwelcram

Koei and EA are two diffrent companies, and whats wrong with Japan u d#m a$$, keep ur hard earned dollar, cuz the game costs sixty, takes more than 1, slim

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts
[QUOTE="LordReithgar"][QUOTE="ShaolinSun"]

ShaolinSun

anyone think ill be disappointed if i pick this up? cuz if i do it will be my first time playing the series :P

I would suggest you rent it before you buy it. DW has a lot of fans, but everyone else hates it. You will find people that are middle of the road every now and then, but it's mostly a love/hate series. Koei definitely doesn't try too hard as of late in the series, with the "upgrades" being very minor. It almost seems like they have no interest in gaining new fans, but only pushing out new games because they know they can make their money back with the current fanbase.

Anyway, I would say my opinion is fairly unbiased, because I enjoyed DW4 and before 4, they continually got a little better. I just see each game now getting a little "worse" in the sense that for it's time, each game is less and less impressive. I will note I haven't played DW6 yet, so saying they have been getting worse since 4 means only one game, basing my opinion of DW6 solely on the videos available. I will rent the game soon enough though, but most likely no chance of me buying it.

LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts
I had to go to my local EB Games store 3x just to get this game. IMO this game is the best in the series because it brings something new to the franchise. The ability to swim and climb ladder gives the player the ability to plan their next move. Also the horses can jump. Not really needed but a nice feature nonetheless. Also the addition of grappling move and special move (Not musou, even though it's in the game) made me excited about every character. I also like how the enemies are way tougher than the previous installments. There's also an RPG element in the game. As you kill more enemies,generals,lieutenants etc...you're awarded points to upgrade your characters (very much like the sphere grid if you've played FFX) at the end of each stage. The fun part is every character have different upgrades, so the replay value is very high. My only disappointment is that they took out like seven characters. I'm guessing this is because they couldn't fit all the characters into the DVD format for the 360 with all the new features, so they had to cut some characters. Other than that this is a must buy for fans of the franchise. If you're a newcomer then give it a rent and who knows maybe you'll like it. :P
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#38 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

If they had actually been numbering these games appropriately it would be Dynasty Warriors 32 or something wouldn't it?

What exactly have they done new with it? I'd love to see the series finally release a great game after being incrementally altered each release.

Deadpool8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Deadpool8
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts
As long as Zhou Tai is in it im happy.... hes in it right?
LuckyLy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 LuckyLy
Member since 2008 • 1987 Posts

As long as Zhou Tai is in it im happy.... hes in it right?Deadpool8

Ya he's in the game.

fireforceps2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 fireforceps2
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am gonna get it... I love the game I mean who doesnt love killing hoards of enemies? I mean talk about best stress reliever ever! And please no bashing the game I have heard enough for 10 lifetimes.
FullSurface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FullSurface
its the best one in the series, if you've played Dw4 and say they get worse since then, go jump off a bridge. one of my favorite features is when your running in hordes of enemies and the officer challenges you. everyone then rounds up in a circle with you and the enemy fighting, after the fight everyone runs out like the cops just came lol.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

Let's see, I remember playing the last Dynasty Warriors game bout there years ago (clue 1), I hacked and slashed my way into a few levels then stopped playing it after level 3(clue 2). I've played and finished plenty of games after it. Eventually, I took DW to the local Gamestop and sold it (clue3).

I'll pass on this.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#44 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Koeii = EA Japan. Neither of those companys deserve my hard earned dollar. Nuff said.FullSurface

Koei and EA are two diffrent companies, and whats wrong with Japan u d#m a$$, keep ur hard earned dollar, cuz the game costs sixty, takes more than 1, slim

What he means is that Koei does the EA, put rehashed sequels out every year. To better illustrate it for you

Madden 06= Madden 07, plus some small tweaks and rooster updates

Dynasty Warriors 5= Dynasty Warriors 6, plus some small tweaks, like swimming and climbing ladders

And he didn't insult Japan, he insulted Koei as a company.

Learn to read buddy, it'll save you from an intestinal disease:D

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MyzeDivine

its the best one in the series, if you've played Dw4 and say they get worse since then, go jump off a bridge. one of my favorite features is when your running in hordes of enemies and the officer challenges you. everyone then rounds up in a circle with you and the enemy fighting, after the fight everyone runs out like the cops just came lol.FullSurface

Being that the TC wanted an unbiased opinion, your attitude does nothing to develop an interest in the title. You obviously retain a bias for the series, which is fine, but just because someone else has seen something you don't or can't (again, because of a biased view) does not mean that person is wrong and you are right. Telling me to kill myself because I don't like a game you do dampens any respect others will have towards your opinion and further accentuates your immaturity.

siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 siwelcram

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Koeii = EA Japan. Neither of those companys deserve my hard earned dollar. Nuff said.FullSurface

Different but very similar to the fact the take the same crap and keep pumping it out. THey just keep adding another number to it and tweak there and bang you have a sequel. Ask anyone who played Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Dynasty Warriors has not changed in 10 years. Both companies love to beat that dead horse over and over. On a side note thanks for the compliment I switched to healthier eating, lite beer and working out. It clearly is paying dividends for me.
C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

[QUOTE="FullSurface"]its the best one in the series, if you've played Dw4 and say they get worse since then, go jump off a bridge. one of my favorite features is when your running in hordes of enemies and the officer challenges you. everyone then rounds up in a circle with you and the enemy fighting, after the fight everyone runs out like the cops just came lol.MyzeDivine

Being that the TC wanted an unbiased opinion, your attitude does nothing to develop an interest in the title. You obviously retain a bias for the series, which is fine, but just because someone else has seen something you don't or can't (again, because of a biased view) does not mean that person is wrong and you are right. Telling me to kill myself because I don't like a game you do dampens any respect others will have towards your opinion and further accentuates your immaturity.

Myze, the guy you're arguing with, he is the TC:lol:

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MyzeDivine
[QUOTE="MyzeDivine"]

[QUOTE="FullSurface"]its the best one in the series, if you've played Dw4 and say they get worse since then, go jump off a bridge. one of my favorite features is when your running in hordes of enemies and the officer challenges you. everyone then rounds up in a circle with you and the enemy fighting, after the fight everyone runs out like the cops just came lol.C-Himura

Myze, the guy you're arguing with, he is the TC:lol:

Hmm...lol...ok, well, replace "TC" with "the guy who wanted to know if they would like the game and wanted an ubiased opinion.":oops:

braindead_hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 braindead_hero
Member since 2004 • 1174 Posts
I hoping to recieve mine within the next few days, getting it imported from US to UK, man I love region free
siwelcram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 siwelcram
[QUOTE="FullSurface"]

[QUOTE="siwelcram"]Koeii = EA Japan. Neither of those companys deserve my hard earned dollar. Nuff said.C-Himura

What he means is that Koei does the EA, put rehashed sequels out every year. To better illustrate it for you

Madden 06= Madden 07, plus some small tweaks and rooster updates

Dynasty Warriors 5= Dynasty Warriors 6, plus some small tweaks, like swimming and climbing ladders

And he didn't insult Japan, he insulted Koei as a company.

Learn to read buddy, it'll save you from an intestinal disease:D

At long last some one get me. Even if you are a mythological creature. At this point I will take what I get. Thanks bro.