I am totally going broke

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kidunique
Member since 2009 • 186 Posts

There are so many good games coming out for both platforms it's amazing. This is going to be the biggest year in video game history(psychcreation of mario, zelda, pacman i don't think so)if all the games keep there release dates. Which they most likely won't. a killed dream.:?

Just in case you didnt' know

KillZone 3 (I'll probably wait a couple months before I get it.)

Battlefield 3 has been confirmed for Q4 but i doubt it.

Uncharted 3 definite must have 1st day

Resistance 3 I'm on the fence about this one. I liked the Resistance 2 single campaign.

All The Trilogies

LA Noire

SOCOM 4 I'm on the fence with this one as well

Spec Ops: The Line I can't wait for this one

Homefront looks great

Metal Gear Solid Rising I might not get it this year

Ratchet & Clank All 4 0ne I don't recall ever playing any of these games.

Max Payne 3 if it does keep date this time I'll most likely get it at the top of my list

Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Yakuza 4 I am not going to let anyone talk me out of this game. These games look awesome.:P

Mortal Kombat

Knights of Amalur

Maybe we will get another Sims game as well I didn't get 3 for PS3 because I already have it for PC. Avoided that Hassle.

No Grand Theft Auto 5 has been confirmed. But I have a feeling we might get surprised. ( I am on my way to gamestop to go get the complete edition of gtaiv):D

And then we have our sport games that are released annually. I might try madden this year.

So is 2011 going to be awesome or what. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I didn't expect all of these games to come out this year and unfortunately they all won't.:cry:

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
by the end of the year you will only have half of the games you listed
LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts

You probably wouldn't have the time to play them all thoroughly anyway. Most of those are meh to me anyway. At least we have Elder Scrolls V at the end of the year.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kidunique
by the end of the year you will only have half of the games you listedRatchet_Fan8
i know. my big plays r UNcharted 3 SOCOM 4 GTA 4 the complete edition Spec ops normal plays Killzone 3 Max payne I can't wait until saints row 3
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

The only game i'm really really really looking forward to is Elder Scrolls V. The rest can wait.

ThePerro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 ThePerro
Member since 2006 • 3105 Posts

I'm only interested in the Fallout New Vegas DLC's, Marvel vs Capcom 3, Metal Gear Solid Rising, and the new Mortal Kombat game. No matter what though, I'll be waiting for a price drop on all of them :lol: I've yet to buy a game at retail price and no game as of yet convinced me otherwise.

Ewan-Lumsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ewan-Lumsden
Member since 2011 • 95 Posts
List all the pros and cons of each game and narrow the list down until you've found a reasonable amount of games you can afford.
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Ha, i sold my Wii and Wii game collection and pre-purchased Little Big Planet 2, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm, Killzone 3, Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Motorstorm Apocolypse, Infamous 2, Socom 4 and Tigerwoods 2012. I am completely covered for the first half of the year anyway. Only a few games i have to actually spend money on, like the ICO/Shadow of Colossus collection, maybe Sorcery, then the end of the year games like Uncharted 3 of course.

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
That's what Gamefly is for.
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
So far my biggest PS3 games this year are/will be: LBP2 (have it, it's great) And the epic trio! Marvel vs Capcom 3 (have it. Best fighter IMO) Killzone 3 (preordered! Can't wait) Uncharted 3
xxFallenAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxFallenAngel
Member since 2011 • 753 Posts

I dont know about you but I'm excited for Infamous 2. The latest game I bought was GT5 and I probably have to wait for another 2 months to get LBP 2 :( As well I have to finish other games like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, UC1, Modnation Racer etc.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#12 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

My PS3 wishlist is huge, in fact there are many that I'll be renting at some point aswell. Luckily I have a job to pay for it all :P

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

And here I was thinking that 2010 was the year I'd go broke buying video games. Tomorrow I'm going to Gamestop before I head into work to put in some preorders for some more games.

JAMullins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JAMullins
Member since 2003 • 582 Posts

I had a huge list and now narrowed it down just so I can played the games I purchase as much as possible instead of buying a game that I never get to play.

Q1 Games
Dead Space 2 (also purchased Dead Space 1 same day as Dead Space 2)
Bulletstorm
Crysis 2

Q2
Portal 2

Q3
Gears of War 3

Q4
Uncharted 3
Battlefield 3

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
so far: -Dead Space 2 -LBP2 plan to get(will probably change): -Uncharted 3 -Mass Effect 3 -ICO Collection -Last Guardian(doubt it's 2011 title) -Killzone 3 -L.A. Noire -Dragon Age 2 definitely rentalst: -infamous 2 -gears of war 3 -resistance 3
kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kidunique
That's what Gamefly is for.Pvt_r3d
I don't rent games. Just not worth it to me.
kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kidunique
[QUOTE="Pvt_r3d"]That's what Gamefly is for.kidunique

Gears of War 3 is coming out too? Wow. I forgot about Infamous. To some of the previous comments. I don't actually plan on buying all of these games just so that is clear. I was just naming the line up for video games coming out. Some which are multiplatform.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I have pretty large list. So far this year I've only bought Mass Effect 2, but I have a lot more games I plan on purchasing

-Crysis 2

-Portal 2

-LA Noire

-Mass Effect 3

-Dark Souls

-The Elder Scrolls V

-Battlefield 3

Among others that will probably be announced at E3. Though I'd have to say of all those games, Dark Souls is definitely my #1 game to get. After how good Demon's Souls was, Dark Souls just looks amazing.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I got about 20ish games on my wishlist, a few that I'm not sure if I'm going to even get, but there are quite a lot of games I want this year.
BakedDank420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BakedDank420
Member since 2010 • 473 Posts

Buy used from GameStop, return it within the week. Week aint enough? go back and buy it the next day. They don't keep records, and who gives a darn what the employees think, ur getting free gameplay. Only downside, you have to wait about 1 week or so till someone Trade it in. you could get lucky and get it within a few days of launch, i suggest checking the GameStop website and see if any of them get any in each day. Remember only works with Used games.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

Wow man you need to tune it down a little.:P

Hell I'm only definitly getting like 3 of those games.:lol:

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Games I'm definitely getting:

Duke Nukem Forever (PC)
Rage (PC)
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
L.A Noire (PS3)
Uncharted 3: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Games I'm considering:

Mass Effect 3 (PC) - My dillema here is DRM. Lately EA has been using limited online activations (again) and I'm seriously against it.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC) - I have lost interest in the series and am on the fence about this one.

My grand total will be about 300 dollars with the games I'm definitely going to purchase. Not bad for one year.

Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

No Duke Nukem Forever love (I only read the first page so it might have been mentioned) I hate being a fanboy for a game that no one else cares about, it makes me feel like such an idiot when people make these lists and I'm the only one who mentions it. Duke might be good... Maybe

EDIT: Just found out the second page is only a couple posts long, and the person above me posted Duke Nukem Forever, now I feel like a bigger idiot :P

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
For me: Killzone 3? Homefront Socom 4? Driver Sanfrancisco Redfaction Armageddeon Motorstorm Apocolypse LA Noire Then I have plenty of games I have to pick up like Reddeas Redemption and Mass Effect 2 just to name a few inFAMOUS 2 Uncharted 3 Resistance 3 Battlefield 3
teck157713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25 teck157713
Member since 2008 • 364 Posts

I have to complete Assassin's Creed: BrotherHood

Final Fantasy XIII

Grand Theft Auto : Episodes from Liberty City

Mass Effect 2.

I'm currently stopping myself from buying games 'til the day I completed those games..

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

No Duke Nukem Forever love (I only read the first page so it might have been mentioned) I hate being a fanboy for a game that no one else cares about, it makes me feel like such an idiot when people make these lists and I'm the only one who mentions it. Duke might be good... Maybe

EDIT: Just found out the second page is only a couple posts long, and the person above me posted Duke Nukem Forever, now I feel like a bigger idiot :P

Silos911
You should never feel like an idiot for liking what you like. There's no reason to try to fit in when it comes to personal taste. Everyone's different.
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts

already bought

lbp 2

dead space 2 limited edition

mvc 3 fate of two worlds

will be buying

kz3

bulletstorm

motorstorm 3

uncharted 3

infamous 3

socom 4

resistance 3

top spin 4

crysis 2 or homefront

any cricket game 2011

dirt 3

shift 2

gears of war 3

forza 4

kinect

fight night champion

la noire

max payne 3

mw 3

battlefield 3

next assassin creed

yeah i know that a lot and yeah my parents LOVE me ;)

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kidunique
[QUOTE="Silos911"]

Yea sorry but that game doesn't tend to get a lot of buzz around where I am from I heard of it before but it's from this guy i knew in high school.
kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kidunique
[QUOTE="blaze_adeel"]

already bought

lbp 2

mvc 3 fate of two worlds

will be buying

kz3

bulletstorm

motorstorm 3

uncharted 3

infamous 3

socom 4

resistance 3

top spin 4

crysis 2 or homefront

any cricket game 2011

dirt 3

shift 2

gears of war 3

forza 4

kinect

fight night champion

la noire

max payne 3

mw 3

battlefield 3

next assassin creed

Now those are a lot of games. yea rack up on your parent's dough as much as you can before they start going through retirement. LA Noire I'm still a little shaky on it. I really don't want the driving to be live it was in Mafia II. It feels all loose when turning at least it was on the demo of mafia ii. But I guess it was pretty real I guess. The only racing games I tend to like is the need for speed series. and i haven't really gotten into the newest one. I think crysis 2 might be better than homefront. i guess it depends on who you are.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I am still backed up with 2009 and 2010. I probably won't play most thing from this year until next year. The only games I will play for sure this year are Mortal Kombat, Resistance 3, and Uncharted 3. I still have to play Infamous 1. I also have a huge Wii list as well.

blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
[QUOTE="kidunique"][QUOTE="blaze_adeel"]

already bought

lbp 2

mvc 3 fate of two worlds

will be buying

kz3

bulletstorm

motorstorm 3

uncharted 3

infamous 3

socom 4

resistance 3

top spin 4

crysis 2 or homefront

any cricket game 2011

dirt 3

shift 2

gears of war 3

forza 4

kinect

fight night champion

la noire

max payne 3

mw 3

battlefield 3

next assassin creed

Now those are a lot of games. yea rack up on your parent's dough as much as you can before they start going through retirement. LA Noire I'm still a little shaky on it. I really don't want the driving to be live it was in Mafia II. It feels all loose when turning at least it was on the demo of mafia ii. But I guess it was pretty real I guess. The only racing games I tend to like is the need for speed series. and i haven't really gotten into the newest one. I think crysis 2 might be better than homefront. i guess it depends on who you are.

lol when u got a big restaurant chain there is no retirement !! :P
n1vek21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 n1vek21
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I am most looking forward to Uncharted 3. This is a certain must-have for me and likely will be pre-ordered.

I am also possibly interested in Brink, as I like some of the dynamics that they will be including in that shooter. That is a wait-and-see purchase, primarily dependent on early reviews and player base.

For PC, I will be buying Rift. I am not sure when I will hop into the game. I am very busy over the next two weeks, so I may wait to see if the price for the box will drop after launch.

Wild card: Diablo III will be a must-buy, lock the doors title if it drops in 2011. I am aprehensive about the porting of this title to console. I will most likely be buying for PC, as I feel this title will be killed without a mouse.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Luckily I have a job.

March is going to kill me though.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kidunique
[QUOTE="blaze_adeel"][QUOTE="kidunique"][QUOTE="blaze_adeel"]

already bought

lbp 2

mvc 3 fate of two worlds

will be buying

kz3

bulletstorm

motorstorm 3

uncharted 3

infamous 3

socom 4

resistance 3

top spin 4

crysis 2 or homefront

any cricket game 2011

dirt 3

shift 2

gears of war 3

forza 4

kinect

fight night champion

la noire

max payne 3

mw 3

battlefield 3

next assassin creed

lol when u got a big restaurant chain there is no retirement !! :P

yea well i mean at some point they will retire and if it is a family business they will most likely want you somewhere involved in the business so your spending patterns may or may not change.
prostreet678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 prostreet678
Member since 2009 • 421 Posts

There are so many good games coming out for both platforms it's amazing. This is going to be the biggest year in video game history(psychcreation of mario, zelda, pacman i don't think so)if all the games keep there release dates. Which they most likely won't. a killed dream.:?

Resistance 3 I'm on the fence about this one. I liked the Resistance 2 single campaign.

All The Trilogies

LA Noire

Homefront looks great

Max Payne 3 if it does keep date this time I'll most likely get it at the top of my list

Yakuza 4 I am not going to let anyone talk me out of this game. These games look awesome.:P

Mortal Kombat

Knights of Amalur

Maybe we will get another Sims game as well I didn't get 3 for PS3 because I already have it for PC. Avoided that Hassle.

No Grand Theft Auto 5 has been confirmed. But I have a feeling we might get surprised. ( I am on my way to gamestop to go get the complete edition of gtaiv):D

And then we have our sport games that are released annually. I might try madden this year.

So is 2011 going to be awesome or what. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I didn't expect all of these games to come out this year and unfortunately they all won't.:cry:

kidunique

I honestly have no faith in 2011.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 kidunique
[QUOTE="prostreet678"]

[QUOTE="kidunique"]

All The Trilogies

LA Noire

Homefront looks great

Mortal Kombat

Knights of Amalur

I honestly have no faith in 2011.

How can you not enjoy 2011? Is it your gaming preference underrepresented this year? Because I mainly listed shooting games. So there will be a lot more of other genres represented if that is the case.
enciksal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 enciksal
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Agreed! especially if you want to finish the game 100% :)
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I can't wait for Crysis 2 and Rage.

Hammstray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 Hammstray
Member since 2010 • 890 Posts

LBP2 was one of my favorite games. Also:

Infamous 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

maybe Portal 2

and maybe some other games but I only picked a couple because I am saving up for the NGP!

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kidunique
[QUOTE="Hammstray"]

LBP2 was one of my favorite games. Also:

Infamous 2

Motorstorm Apocalypse

maybe Portal 2

and maybe some other games but I only picked a couple because I am saving up for the NGP!

I still have yet to play little big planet. Maybe I should both on the list pretty soon.
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I know the feeling. I can probably only buy less than one-fourth of the games I want.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kidunique
Battlefield 3 is definitely coming out this fall. Can't wait. Just seen some footage and it looks better than black ops..
ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#44 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

I am not going broke by any means, but I have come to a point where I am just going to hold off on picking everything I want up on day one, so that I can enjoy some of the games I have for awhile instead. Too many games get set aside before I am really done enjoying them because of all the hot new releases that I always buy on day one.

After picking up Dragon Age II tomorrow, I am going to settle down and get the full enjoyment out of what I have for awhile. I even have some older games that I have been wanting to go back and play, but I never get around to it because of all these new releases. It's about time I chilled on the buying for a few months, so I can get the full worth out of my games. Those new releases are not going anywhere and will be there when I am ready for them.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
thank god i work 2 jobs lol, besides from what u listed only games im getting are, L.A. Noir, infamous 2, resistance 3, uncharted 3, socom 4, batman: A.C., silent hill downpour. i think thats it for now that i know of from top of my head. i already paid in full for more than half of these games i mentioned. so im kinda set. dont gotta worry much
kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kidunique

I am not going broke by any means, but I have come to a point where I am just going to hold off on picking everything I want up on day one, so that I can enjoy some of the games I have for awhile instead. Too many games get set aside before I am really done enjoying them because of all the hot new releases that I always buy on day one.

After picking up Dragon Age II tomorrow, I am going to settle down and get the full enjoyment out of what I have for awhile. I even have some older games that I have been wanting to go back and play, but I never get around to it because of all these new releases. It's about time I chilled on the buying for a few months, so I can get the full worth out of my games. Those new releases are not going anywhere and will be there when I am ready for them.

ironcreed

The title of the board was not to represent the reality of the subject at hand. It was really a metaphor symbolizing. i'm not actually going broke it is supposed to draw in readers.

ironcreed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#47 ironcreed
Member since 2005 • 14195 Posts

[QUOTE="ironcreed"]

kidunique

The title of the board was not to represent the reality of the subject at hand. It was really a metaphor symbolizing. i'm not actually going broke it is supposed to draw in readers.

LOL, that's fine. I was merely speaking for myself, while also agreeing with you that there are so many games coming out that it is like a landslide. I am going to have to hold off on a lot of them, so that I can take the time to enjoy what I have.

coltgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 coltgames
Member since 2009 • 2120 Posts

definite buys Infamous 2 , twisted metal, resistance 3 , dynasty warriors 7 and oblivion almost forgot about drake every other game can wait

edit gotta mention motorstorm apocalypse thats lookin good from the previews ive seen

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I can sympathize with that.. but some of the games are very much worth the price. I have sinked over 11 hours online with Killzone 3 already (and finished the campaign), Dragon Age 2 is superb, six hours into the game and I'm barely scratching the surface,

This is only March, third and forth quarter of 2011 are going to bee real money spenders, start saving. ;)

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 kidunique

I can sympathize with that.. but some of the games are very much worth the price. I have sinked over 11 hours online with Killzone 3 already (and finished the campaign), Dragon Age 2 is superb, six hours into the game and I'm barely scratching the surface,

This is only March, third and forth quarter of 2011 are going to bee real money spenders, start saving. ;)

Sokol4ever

I haven't even went to go pick Killzone 3 up yet. Because Homefront and Yakuza 4 is out right now. I'm not sure which to go with first. I might actually get Grand Theft Auto IV complete edition before any of the three.

And for the people who think Yakuza 4 is just a chinatown Grand Theft Auto get a grip. Because it deserves more attention and respect than it is actually getting. After Grand Theft Auto III I felt like it was the same things just a different city. Except for San Andreas that is.