This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

Well I get home today and play a few rounds of Uncharted MP beta.. HOLY Snikeys is this a blast.. anyway I decide that its time to finally get to play FFVII...

*flashback*
The year is late 1997/early 1998 and I have put in well over 40+ hours into ffvii on the playstation.. I go to play one day. *memory card fubard.. you are the suck* says my playstation.. damn man.. I just lost all my data.. the game wasnt mine and this was the first rpg I had ever gotten into.. Well I gave the game back to a friend and NEVER finished..

*fade to present day*
start up FFVII that I downloaded last night from Sony..
Start playing.. surprised that the game looks decent looking on a hd tv.. Sony definitely touched the game up before releasing it... Play for about an hour.. bypass the first save point.. Go to save and my ps3 tells me.. *memory card fubard... you never formatted a ps1 memory card idiot.. haha you have to start ALL THE **** OVER again! after you make a fake memory card*

FYI.. if you have an original ps1 memory card with FFVII saves on it, you can load them up.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

That sucks!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

You can only load the original saves if you've got the memory card adaptor, which is a rip off considering you only use it once.

Just start over.

Funny story though.

TROD_BING

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TROD_BING
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts
well atleast u only spent an hour on it, when that kind of stuff happens to me I give the game a break for a while then I just breeze back to where I was.
Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts

I actually spent exactly 33 minutes on it before I realized the same thing you did

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

You can only load the original saves if you've got the memory card adaptor, which is a rip off considering you only use it once.

Just start over.

Funny story though.

Scianix-Black

I made sure I used mine more than once. Besides, it was just $15 anyways. But it does come in handy just having it around for situations like this. You never know when you're going to go back to an old game.

nextgen2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nextgen2007
Member since 2007 • 744 Posts

was "memory card fubar, you are the suck" a direct quote? :-)

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dilrod

was "memory card fubar, you are the suck" a direct quote? :-)

nextgen2007
Sure as hell seemed like thats what it said.. All in all.. I got a laugh out of it.. not mad.. just had to share this.
touchyourtoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 touchyourtoes
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

I had a similar issue with RE: Directors Cut from the PSN. Excitedly waited for the d/l to finish, loaded up the game the instant it finished. Played for an hour and stopped at a typewriter, save to memory card; yes. Memory card not found. WTF! I created a virtual memory card, press PS button, no XMB. So I quit the game, as it's no biggie to get where I was, only to find I had a PS2 but no PS1 virtual card.

Create PS1 memory card; yes.

Loaded up RE:DC yesterday and played for an hour, making it farther than I had before, only to have the typewriter tell me no memory card found. Of course now I'm really mad because I know for a fact it's there. Quit the damn game again. Check WTF is wrong now, only to find I never assigned the PS1 virtual card to a slot in the PS3.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Well I get home today and play a few rounds of Uncharted MP beta.. HOLY Snikeys is this a blast.. anyway I decide that its time to finally get to play FFVII...

*flashback*
The year is late 1997/early 1998 and I have put in well over 40+ hours into ffvii on the playstation.. I go to play one day. *memory card fubard.. you are the suck* says my playstation.. damn man.. I just lost all my data.. the game wasnt mine and this was the first rpg I had ever gotten into.. Well I gave the game back to a friend and NEVER finished..

*fade to present day*
start up FFVII that I downloaded last night from Sony..
Start playing.. surprised that the game looks decent looking on a hd tv.. Sony definitely touched the game up before releasing it... Play for about an hour.. bypass the first save point.. Go to save and my ps3 tells me.. *memory card fubard... you never formatted a ps1 memory card idiot.. haha you have to start ALL THE **** OVER again! after you make a fake memory card*

FYI.. if you have an original ps1 memory card with FFVII saves on it, you can load them up.

Dilrod

Your story brought back some memories for me too........................painful ones.

About the same time as you, 97/98 me and my best friend were playing FF7. We were on disc 3 with over 78 hours logged into the game. We stayed up most the night playing, went to bed, woke up to play, then my memore card told me something in the lines of I suck at lif, and all our value play time was gone. We tried to restart the game but after that, we couldnt even get into it. I now plan on downloading it when I get home this week and am glad you reminded me about formatting the memory card or I very well may have done the same thing you did. That would have been a kick in the balls.

DavidDisorder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DavidDisorder
Member since 2009 • 148 Posts
I feel your pain man. I played FF9 for 30 hours of gameplay, trying to make a perfect game. 15 of which was storyline, 15 for massive leveling purposes. My brother did an overwrite with a level three Zidane. I didnt let him play again after that...
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

haha good stuff. That must suck a lot.

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I'm yet to create my "fake" mc in ps3. I'm so excited to play FF 7 for 12th times now. This will test my memory to remember all secret, side mission, missable materia, master materia creation, password, etc.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Eh, I had the same thing when I played Legend of Dragoon.

However I went around 4 hours before deciding to make a save... Not only did I forgot to format the File but I continued to play for another hour after and realised I forgot to assign the bloody slot as well.

It's one of those mistakes you only make once. ;)

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
[QUOTE="DavidDisorder"]I feel your pain man. I played FF9 for 30 hours of gameplay, trying to make a perfect game. 15 of which was storyline, 15 for massive leveling purposes. My brother did an overwrite with a level three Zidane. I didnt let him play again after that...

dayyum, that sucks bro. i loved ff9 haha. yea, happened to me before. i got right up to necron for my first time and then my cousin started a new game and overwrote the save file :(
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
I'd ball up in a corner and cry, begging the lord Jesus to show me the error of my ways.... lol Na, that sucks, dude. But look on the bright side: You just got some replay value out of your purchase!! ;)
Otoribashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Otoribashi
Member since 2009 • 81 Posts

When I saw the title of your thread I really got in to right something like: yes you are, true dat, you are an idiot...etc. But when I read it, I had a flashback. It's 2001 and I'm 14 years old, and I just got back from school and as always, I'm excited to unlock the remaining cars in Gran turismo 3: A-Spec. But after I started the game, I couldn't find the save data... someone deleted it... I never knew who did it and I never touched the game again. I didn't know how many hours I've put into the game but I've played it everyday for months...... sigh..... Allow me to share your grief my friend...

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Do you need a PS1 memory card to save to or can you just use the HDD for PS1 games?
Treytone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Treytone
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

just an hour? your fine not much lost. yeah, i think the ps3 memory card thingy gets corrupt also. someone fillme in on that.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

That stinks. I had old memory saves from when I played FFVII on my PS3 a year or so ago. Got about 13 hours into the game and stopped because it bored me. Still, it's nice I can start from there if I ever want to get back into the game.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Do you need a PS1 memory card to save to or can you just use the HDD for PS1 games?Big_Bad_Sad

No mate, you don't need any PS1 cards (or PS2 for that matter).

You just use your PS3 hard-drive and format the small portion of it (not more then 10MB for one slot). It's super easy and fast.

After that you just assign your newly formatted portion to a slot (1 or 2) and you're set, the whole process takes around 15 seconds. ;)

Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

That bites but thanks for the heads up.

Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dilrod

That bites but thanks for the heads up.

Mcortijo01
Yeah I am hoping that people will see this before they do the same thing.
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

What was always fun as well was playing a ps1/ps2 game, trying that first save, and you don't have enough memory left. It took more time trying to figure out how to clear the space than it would have to run out and buy a new memory card.