How to setup Media Server

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Betamax001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Betamax001
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

So I set it up according to the guide and it works and all and I got some of my old videos I made with my camera and some videos I made using Windows Movie Maker to play on my PS3, but this one video file that is in MP4 wont add to my library so I can stream to my PS3. I downloaded a codec to allow MP4s to work with WMP, but it still doesnt seem to want to add to the library? Anyone know how I can get it to add to my library?

Axcalay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#52 Axcalay
Member since 2008 • 197 Posts

I use the Java PS3 media server v 1.10.51

It does everything automatically for you and even streams MKV videos.

drdeviant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 drdeviant
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Want a Quick simple solution....? That works for Wii, PS3, Xbox 360, PC's w/ Internet access (Anywhere in the World), and some Mobile phones, Including Iphone, Ipod Touches, and blackberrys? Try ORB! Not a gimmick . I have all the devices listed. And can stream media on the fly anywhere along as the PC with the contetnt Im looking for in connected to the NET. Movies, Pictures, Audio! ORB media server is FREE! @ Orb.com and allows for Customization and custom user profiles! want a friend to see only movies give them an account that you create locally with a password and username. want family to access Photos ... easy do the same! Ive tried all the methods listed including the free Jave ps3 media server available through google labs, orb works the best.. streams through a webpage by logging in through mycast.orb.com where the user inputs there account login w/ password. or simply connect to a local network (ie: home and stream to any wifi enabled device or network pc! Its awesome Trust ME! you'll reccomend to everyone like I have! get it while its free! or you'll be hitting yourself! http://www.orb.com ....http://mycast.orb.com/ -Dr. Deviant
anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

Here is a tutorial i made if anyone wants to use WMP12 to stream media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssZLczCuaRY

aamirshahji01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 aamirshahji01
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Thank you for the efforts, but it looks like your tutorial link is not working anymore.

arcticavengers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 arcticavengers
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
thank u
scorpoinz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 scorpoinz
Member since 2012 • 54 Posts
setting up ps3 media server is always be the headache of most of us but thankx for sharing this easy guide for playstattion media server with us.