Has anyone noticed graphical problems on RDR? (ps3 version)

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="Jinroh_basic"]

i've been hearing talks about the PS3 version is rendered in "sub-HD".... is that true?

Jinroh_basic

technically. ps3 versions native resolution is 640p and the 360's is 720p... to normal people i would assume they look virtually the same.

so it's true then? i'm sorry but...... it's a pretty major gimp no matter how i see it. it's not just about the graphic quality, which as you said is probably a minute difference. it's more about respect. our system has better hardware and we pay just as much for the game..... it irks me that we have to suffer substandard product for no reason at all.

the PS3 does not have "better hardware" than the 360.... it has a better processor and a worse graphics card.... sounds even to me... stop being a fanboy.
GramDubs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 GramDubs
Member since 2010 • 636 Posts

after playing both versions, they both have the same problems of pop ins and framerate, they both look good overall, and i cant tell much difference.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

after playing both versions, they both have the same problems of pop ins and framerate, they both look good overall, and i cant tell much difference.

GramDubs
I figured as much, alot of ps3 owners also own gaming pcs. Once you get used to high framerates, this stuff becomes more noticeable.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="GramDubs"]

TerrorRizzing

I figured as much, alot of ps3 owners also own gaming pcs. Once you get used to high framerates, this stuff becomes more noticeable.

EXACTLY! I have a gaming PC and when I saw GTA IV on consoles it looked like a slideshow lol. whatever, RDR will be awesome on PS3 either way.

wompus70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 wompus70
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Major problem...JM keeps drawing and pointing weapon even with no ammo he pulls knife...will not revert to non-combat mode....erased everything from PS# but when game is reloaded problem is back...what can I do?????????????????????
bobdood99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 bobdood99
Member since 2007 • 1862 Posts
I never had a problem with it... only thing odd is that when I play it sounds like my PS3 is scratching the disc. No other games do this.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#57 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
There's pop-in on the 360 version too. The only real complaint I have with the PS3 version is that the resolution is lower than the 360 one, which makes everything a bit blurry. GTA4 had the same problem.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
Your nuts. RDR looks great for a huge open world game. It should of been more rpg like though, to keep things more interesting.
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#59 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts

Not really, once in a while I use to though. Hell, with every game comes some graphical errors.