Has a game's story ever made you cry?

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Yes. And since it's available now in HD for the PS3 I CAN talk about it here: "Beyond Good & Evil". That game has great character development, and you genuinely care about them. When bad stuff starts happening, I got effected - Surprising as could be, honestly, because I was one of the people who was GLAD when Aeris died in FFVII and tended to laugh at fanboys who sobbed over it - But it happened. That's why I respect the game to this day, beg everyone to play it, and await a sequel patiently.

:)

When people like Roger Ebert say that a game can't be art, I hold "Beyond Good & Evil" up for their scrutiny. Amazing game. Perfect in every way.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts

Yes. And since it's available now in HD for the PS3 I CAN talk about it here: "Beyond Good & Evil". That game has great character development, and you genuinely care about them. When bad stuff starts happening, I got effected - Surprising as could be, honestly, because I was one of the people who was GLAD when Aeris died in FFVII and tended to laugh at fanboys who sobbed over it - But it happened. That's why I respect the game to this day, beg everyone to play it, and await a sequel patiently.

When people like Roger Ebert say that a game can't be art, I hold "Beyond Good & Evil" up for their scrutiny. Amazing game. Perfect in every way.

MonkeySpot
You shouldve written spoiler for those who didnt know.
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

I shed a little tear at the end of MGS4, and although this doesnt really count as its not story related, I just almost cried when I died at Zone 74 on Wipeout HD!

DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

I did get sad over a few games, but I never cried. The last game that got me sad was Yakuza 3 when...

[spoiler] Rikiya died :( . [/spoiler]

G-CITY8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 G-CITY8
Member since 2011 • 82 Posts
No.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

sagejonathan

You shouldve written spoiler for those who didnt know.

For what? FFVII? If you don't know Aeris dies by this point you've been under a gaming rock! I spoiled nothing about BGE, bad things happen to characters in games, that's generally how plot developes...

Piroshki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Piroshki
Member since 2011 • 242 Posts
You shouldve written spoiler for those who didnt know.sagejonathan
The term limit for spoilers is just a few years, FFVII is way past that point. Talking about what happens to Aerith is no longer considered spoiling anything, since the vast majority of people who have any interest in the game at all would have long since played it, or found out about that some other way, quite a while ago now.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
FF7 did it for me :( I was 13 years old though tbf. a bit choked at the end of legacy of kain also, followed it since blood omen, epic series of games, the end of defiance was defo a choker lol
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#59 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts

Final Fantasy X ending me cry and hearing the music in the background too.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

MGS 3 & 4 made me drop some tears, the story is just amazing.

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

MGS4s' ending made me tear and when I replayed FFX...that ending did the same as well.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

never really cried but the closest i got was in FFX ending. i got sad it was over and got a bit emotional. i love that game man my favourite game of all time.

Vanillamarble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Vanillamarble
Member since 2011 • 232 Posts
No but Red Dead Redemptions ending was pretty darn sad.
Avatar image for Defy_The_Fallen
Defy_The_Fallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#64 Defy_The_Fallen
Member since 2011 • 621 Posts

Ouch, I've really got to think back to try and figure out whether I have or not! People might say it's strange if you cry at a video game, but video games are more in depth than a movie for example. I just don't see how people can cry over movies when they've only seen the character for 2 hours? games make you attached to the character and really feel what there going through.
I'd probably say the closest I've been was either during the turret song at the end of portal 2, knowing there can't possibly another portal unless valve are really clever, or vanquish were I believed Sam Gideon had died, those two were tough moments. Other than that I don't think so.

Back to the movie debate, the only film I felt attached to was the Harry Potter series as it spanned over my entire childhood! :P

Karnya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Karnya
Member since 2009 • 126 Posts

Have to say the evil ending for infamous 2 nearly got me.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts
No but Red Dead Redemptions ending was pretty darn sad. Vanillamarble
This, no tears just sad surprise.
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#67 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

MGS3 almost did. What an amazing game.

Avatar image for htownallstar555
htownallstar555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 htownallstar555
Member since 2006 • 172 Posts

My cousin said Infamous 2 almost got him teary eyed and my brother said a few Final Fantasys got to him...I have yet to experience that so I'm wondering has a game ever made you cry? If so, what game?

laker0724
Wow if infamous made him cry all I can say is Pus*y
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Not this gen but there were some parts in Heavy Rain that made me want to kinda :P

Also, pretty much the whole ending of RDR from

[spoiler] when Dutch tells John that "They're just going to use you and then find a reason to do away with you as well" (or something like that), my heart just sank cause I could pretty much tell what was going to happen eventually and then when all the army men popped up to kill John and then his wife died a few years later, then the MacFarlanes moving away at the end and oh the whole ending was just so depressing :cry: [/spoiler]

Avatar image for silentnightmere
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 silentnightmere
Member since 2009 • 1520 Posts
It was on 360 but Screw it. Gears 2 made me teary eyed. I would say why but its a spoiler so nah
commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

It was on 360 but Screw it. Gears 2 made me teary eyed. I would say why but its a spoiler so nahsilentnightmere

[ spoiler] *insert text here [ /spoiler]

take out the spaces and spoil away! :P

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus is the main culprit.

Nier didn't make me cry, but it was very depressing playing through the additional endings.

GAMBIT1551

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 GAMBIT1551
Member since 2010 • 384 Posts

No. Not quite sure why, I've cried at the end of a few movies but thats about it.

laker0724

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 laker0724
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts
[QUOTE="laker0724"]

My cousin said Infamous 2 almost got him teary eyed and my brother said a few Final Fantasys got to him...I have yet to experience that so I'm wondering has a game ever made you cry? If so, what game?

htownallstar555
Wow if infamous made him cry all I can say is Pus*y

i said almost
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I've never cried, but there are moments where I get teary-eyed, but not enough to cry.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Nope but a TON of games have made me really sad or had me mesmerized by how well the story was. FFX was definitely one of those games...

silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 silentnightmere

[QUOTE="silentnightmere"]It was on 360 but Screw it. Gears 2 made me teary eyed. I would say why but its a spoiler so nahcommonfate

[ spoiler] *insert text here [ /spoiler]

take out the spaces and spoil away! :P

[spoiler] Well Theres a part were Tai, the "rock" of the group, willpower is broken and hes spirtual and such and the locust broke him down and marcus handing him the shotgun and said lets go turns nack towards Tai and ....BOOM Tai f*cking blew his brains on the ceiling. Man that messed me up. I paused the game and took a break. I didn't cry but damn it hurt little bit. [/spoiler]

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="silentnightmere"] [QUOTE="commonfate"]
It was on 360 but Screw it. Gears 2 made me teary eyed. I would say why but its a spoiler so nahsilentnightmere
[ spoiler] *insert text here [ /spoiler] take out the spaces and spoil away! :P

[spoiler] Well Theres a part were Tai, the "rock" of the group, willpower is broken and hes spirtual and such and the locust broke him down and marcus handing him the shotgun and said lets go turns nack towards Tai and ....BOOM Tai f*cking blew his brains on the ceiling. Man that messed me up. I paused the game and took a break. I didn't cry but damn it hurt little bit. [/spoiler]

Yeah totally agree, I think that is the most emotional moment in the entire series so far.
silentnightmere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 silentnightmere
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="silentnightmere"] [QUOTE="commonfate"] [ spoiler] *insert text here [ /spoiler] take out the spaces and spoil away! :P

Yeah totally agree, I think that is the most emotional moment in the entire series so far.

It definitely was. I mean I had never done that before in a game. Nothing came close. And I had to walk away. I cant wait for Gears 3
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#81 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

No thus far that has not happened. I'm rather hardened by life. I do cry but not easily or often.

Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts

In Shadow of the Colossus, I was paralyzed with shock when [spoiler] your horse falls off that cliff. What made it worse was that he made an effort to save you before falling. [/spoiler]

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
Nope.
LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points