GT5 Earning Experience, Endurance Races

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedidooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jedidooks
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I have a question regarding the endurance races in GT5, is the experience earned in the 4 hour and 24 hour racesbased on time driven or laps driven?

For example I set-up a 24 hour race and start to race thenI turn off the TV and come back tomorrow, say 24 hours later, will i have earned any experience points?

I ask becauseI have not tried it myself and have not had the time to wait that long.

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

The points are earn according to the place you finish the race, no matter how many laps or whatever you've done

Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Pretty sure it's based on what place you come in. You will gain EXP but it will be such a low amount it's not even funny. Don't think doing these endurance events and leaving your system on will net you lots of EXP, it won't. The best way to gain EXP is to grind Indy in the Dream Car series. If you have the X1 you made rig your controller so it grinds for you all day. You can google it.
jedidooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jedidooks
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Okay even ifI set it up for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, earning a total of 4,593,700 for 1st place, and the besti would get is of course12th place andlet say i earn 1/12th the experience thats 380,000experience points for doing nothing while I'm not even there. I can live with that.

I will have to go see this set-up for grinding experience points. Thanks.

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Okay even ifI set it up for the 24 Hours of Le Mans, earning a total of 4,593,700 for 1st place, and the besti would get is of course12th place andlet say i earn 1/12th the experience thats 380,000experience points for doing nothing while I'm not even there. I can live with that.

jedidooks

Um, wait a second. Are you suggesting that you will get 380K exp for getting last place in a 24hr race?

I've folllowed some threads over the past couple of months and thought I read that its MUCH lower than that.....like only 9K experience for last place. They were saying that PD anticipated players trying this.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

jedidooks
It doesn't work like that. Their isn't a linear increase in xp based on position, so the difference between 1 and 2 will be much greater than the difference between 11-12.