God of War Ascension the Trials of Archimedes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Essian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Essian
Member since 2007 • 3444 Posts

I heard that this particular section of the game is absolutely brutal in terms of frustration.  Now, after the first game I swore I would never undergo another ****fest like the towers in Hades.  I have to know, is this segment that frustrating?  The guy who reviewed for IGN said it took him 6 hours just to get past this one part.  Is it really that bad on Normal? Should someone who hates frustration avoid the game? 

For the record, I LOVE the God of War franchise, and have only held off on buying this game because of money problems.  Now I finally have some, should I really buy it, or is it just going to be a frustrating trial of attrition?

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

They actually patched that part to make it easier. When I did it, I only found the first part challenging. After that it wasn't too bad. Might take a few tries, but no way in hell will it take a few hours.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Difficulty spikes have been patched. I played the game on Hard the first time through and didn't think it was that hard. Pretty sure GoW 3 killed me on hard and I ended up finishing it on easy the first time. So if you've played GoW on normal or hard previously, it's about the same or possibly easier. (again, assuming what the above poster is true and it must have been patched or something).
Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#4 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Difficulty spikes have been patched. I played the game on Hard the first time through and didn't think it was that hard. Pretty sure GoW 3 killed me on hard and I ended up finishing it on easy the first time. So if you've played GoW on normal or hard previously, it's about the same or possibly easier. (again, assuming what the above poster is true and it must have been patched or something). 2Chalupas

I'm actually finding GoW:A harder than previous GoW games (and I've platinum'ed GoW3 twice). I still havent reached the Trials of Archimedes part yet so I cant say for sure how hard it is but, I know I died more in GoW: A so far than GoW3 on hard mode

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#5 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it's not that bad. it actually gets easier as it goes, only the first stage is pretty tough. the last stage is a joke
KiriharaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 KiriharaZro
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts
Yeah, actually the only frustrating thing is that if you pass the first stage and die later you begin from the start of the trials again, I took about 1 hour to complete that part of the game.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I played on hard before the patch and it took me a few hours. If only they would patch the game and make the controls more responsive and make less frames of vulnerability...
KiriharaZro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 KiriharaZro
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

I played on hard before the patch and it took me a few hours. If only they would patch the game and make the controls more responsive and make less frames of vulnerability...Chaos_Bladez

And a better sound effects sync!!!

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I played on hard before the patch and it took me a few hours. If only they would patch the game and make the controls more responsive and make less frames of vulnerability...KiriharaZro

And why not just make it a better game overall? Man... I was so disappointed by that. I even traded it in and broke even. Never thought I'd trade in a GoW game.
ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
It took me about 7 tries. It is a challenge but I enjoyed it. I then figured out that I can just stomp em off the platform.
cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
I thought it was actually really easy and remembered reading about a super hard difficulty spike but upon completion I wondered where that section was... I just juggled the enemies and spammed the purple blades magic attack and rage attack. I died once on my hard playthrough but once you get past the first wave its a cakewalk. Personally I think the Pollux fight is the hardest in the game and even thats easy with a hit and run strategy.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]I played on hard before the patch and it took me a few hours. If only they would patch the game and make the controls more responsive and make less frames of vulnerability...KiriharaZro

*jumps*

5 seconds later......

"Heee-ugh!"