Games that have a Black Main Character

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#101 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]skin pigmentation has nothing to with how your personality should be. Gordon from Half-Life is mute and he has a personality. It's just game developers making characters they know the best... If you want more black main characters be a game developer. Scianix-Black

Supported.

Game developers, for the most part, are either white or asian, therefore, you can expect a good amount of video game protagonists to be either of those 'races.' They don't know, again for the most part, how to create a main character outside of those two 'races' without feeding into stereotypes, that's why you rarely ever see Hispanic or African American protagonists, and when you do, they're usually pretty stereotypical.

Is it bad that I want to play Ballad of Gay Tony because a reason is that the protagonist is Latino? Am I a bad person? :lol: :P
jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 jbc7343
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts

imo it betrays some latent racism that is in all of us when someone merely says "oh it would be nice to have more black main characters"

...and the reaction is "omg demanding more black characters! You're racist for not wanting to play games with whites and because you should be relating to characters based on their personality not their looks! Blah blah I object to the inclusion of more black characters because I'm not a racist!"

clicketyclick

To each his own I suppose. I just want to know how you got that out of what I said. I never said those things. You apparently haven't read anything that I've typed. Or you have and just came up with your own random conclusion because you really don't a counter arguement for our last post. This, my friend, is a feeble attempt at trying to make someone look bad by putting words in their mouth.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#103 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

imo it betrays some latent racism that is in all of us when someone merely says "oh it would be nice to have more black main characters"

...and the reaction is "omg demanding more black characters! You're racist for not wanting to play games with whites and because you should be relating to characters based on their personality not their looks! Blah blah I object to the inclusion of more black characters because I'm not a racist!"

jbc7343

To each his own I suppose. I just want to know how you got that out of what I said. I never said those things. You apparently haven't read anything that I've typed. Or you have and just came up with your own random conclusion because you really don't a counter arguement for our last post. This, my friend, is a feeble attempt at trying to make someone look bad by putting words in their mouth.

She didn't quote you though. :|
jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 jbc7343

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]skin pigmentation has nothing to with how your personality should be. Gordon from Half-Life is mute and he has a personality. It's just game developers making characters they know the best... If you want more black main characters be a game developer. supa_badman

Supported.

Game developers, for the most part, are either white or asian, therefore, you can expect a good amount of video game protagonists to be either of those 'races.' They don't know, again for the most part, how to create a main character outside of those two 'races' without feeding into stereotypes, that's why you rarely ever see Hispanic or African American protagonists, and when you do, they're usually pretty stereotypical.

Is it bad that I want to play Ballad of Gay Tony because a reason is that the protagonist is Latino? Am I a bad person? :lol: :P

Most definetly not. You're not a bad person. Why would you think that?

Play whatever game you want to.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 jbc7343

[QUOTE="jbc7343"]

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

supa_badman

She didn't quote you though. :|

I know. But I could tell it was directed at me.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 clicketyclick
Member since 2008 • 7136 Posts

I think you're confused. This is the parent's job. Not a video game developer. All I want to communicate is that if people (parents) explained to children that race does not matter and that everyone is created equal then racism today will die. If people are brought up to know they are equal to someone of another race then they won't wonder if they're different. They won't care.

jbc7343

No I'm not confused. It's not a parent's job. It's a video game developer's job if they want to relate to their audience. In any case, you're making a jump from "would be nice if there were" to "should". No-one said developers ought to include more blacks and underrepresented characters. But the point is that they're underrepresented - that is, they're not even being represented to the extent of their minority status. Many underrepresented groups are also poorly portrayed.

And no, educating your kids that race doesn't matter doesn't change the natural human reaction to notice differences and feel different, even when you recognise different is equal. I have been educated to view the races and genders as equal but I still notice it. There's a difference between being non-prejudiced and being blind.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#107 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Yes I am human. As as a human, I have a human reaction to things.

The trend in human behaviour is that when you are vastly outnumbered by another visible group and you're a visible minority, you become extremely conscious of your difference (i.e. that you are black/white/male/female/hispanic/middle-eastern/etc.) The people in the visible majority don't think much about or notice race, but the people who are part of the visible minority become extremely conscious of it.

This has been studied in social psychology with children. When asked to describe themselves, children who are members of visibly identifiable groups and are put in a classroom full of people from another group such that they are part of a minority are far more likely to describe themselves by mentioning their visibly identifiable group than the children who are part of the majority group. And it works either way. When females are in theminority in a large group of males, they have heightened awareness of their femaleness. When men are in the minority, they have heightened awareness of their maleness.

When you are a minority or underrepresented, the typical human reaction is a rather constant, heightened awareness of your difference and how you don't fit in.

Putting a minority/underrepresented character in a game says "yes you do fit in and you're not different."

clicketyclick

This is fun, guys. :]

Anyway.. that just sounds like insecurity to me, but that's just off topic psychological bull**** .

I'm pacific islander. None of my islander friends are gamers. I've never played as an islander in a video game. In fact, I've never played as anyone I could remotely relate to, because it's their adventure, not mine, but that's a matter of personal preference and how different people enjoy things differently. The closest I've ever seen to a representation of me or my 'people' is Call of Duty World at War, or any WWII game in the pacifics, when you see Americans running around tearing up Japanese people on my homeland.

It really doesn't bother me, though. I don't need to feel like I'm included in anything because just playing the game is enough for me. Why do you guys have to feel this way?

I'm just curious is all.

I seriously don't understand why the main character has to be a certain race in order for you to relate, and rather than debate it, I'd rather fix it.

I understand the "yes you do fit in and you're not different." part, but why do we need the kind of validity from video games, of all places?

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]skin pigmentation has nothing to with how your personality should be. Gordon from Half-Life is mute and he has a personality. It's just game developers making characters they know the best... If you want more black main characters be a game developer. supa_badman

Supported.

Of course not. I support diversity and I'll argue that race makes no difference, but if someone were to make a game with an islander, I'd probably buy it if it was good.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

Exactly. I think that's where all the confusion i coming from. Its as if we were actually having a white vs black debate. I am completely nutrual here and couldn't care less what color my character is. However, I can completely understand why a person of a certain creed or color would like to play as a character that resembles them. Yes, I understand that people can be resembled through personality, but I'm also not so closed minded that I don't recognize the importance to some people that the character's appearance matches them as well. Especially when you almost never get that from a video game. Im also not too ignorant to realize that certain creeds and colors have completely different cultures than others and to truly represent them they should be represented through their cultural personalities as well as their appearances. I know and totally understand the various reasons why developers don't do more to include minorities as main characters. I'm totally fine with it. I don't blame them. But if anyone thinks that this topic was started with the intentions of being racist then you yourself are as much to blame for your ignorance and lack of compacity to see why a person would feel the way they do. The End.
MaximussX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 MaximussX
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

How could you forget afro samuri aith samuel jackson??? Bad spelling i know

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 jbc7343

[QUOTE="jbc7343"]

I think you're confused. This is the parent's job. Not a video game developer. All I want to communicate is that if people (parents) explained to children that race does not matter and that everyone is created equal then racism today will die. If people are brought up to know they are equal to someone of another race then they won't wonder if they're different. They won't care.

clicketyclick

No I'm not confused. It's not a parent's job. It's a video game developer's job if they want to relate to their audience. In any case, you're making a jump from "would be nice if there were" to "should". No-one said developers ought to include more blacks and underrepresented characters. But the point is that they're underrepresented - that is, they're not even being represented to the extent of their minority status. Many underrepresented groups are also poorly portrayed.

And no, educating your kids that race doesn't matter doesn't change the natural human reaction to notice differences and feel different, even when you recognise different is equal. I have been educated to view the races and genders as equal but I still notice it. There's a difference between being non-prejudiced and being blind.

Thinking like that will keep this race issue going. I wish there was a way for everyone just to not care. I hope for a world where we don't care what color someone is or how they're features are different from your own.

Finally, it is a parent's job to tell their children they are not different and they blong. A video game company or movie studio does not have to validate my feelings or my race. My mother taught me that I'm not different by cracking two eggs (one white and one brown) and asking me what was different on the inside. We had a long talk about it afterwards.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Scianix-Black

My mother taught me that I'm not different by cracking two eggs (one white and one brown) and asking me what was different on the inside. We had a long talk about it afterwards.

jbc7343

lol, God, that is the cutest thing I've ever heard.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 jbc7343

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

Yes I am human. As as a human, I have a human reaction to things.

The trend in human behaviour is that when you are vastly outnumbered by another visible group and you're a visible minority, you become extremely conscious of your difference (i.e. that you are black/white/male/female/hispanic/middle-eastern/etc.) The people in the visible majority don't think much about or notice race, but the people who are part of the visible minority become extremely conscious of it.

This has been studied in social psychology with children. When asked to describe themselves, children who are members of visibly identifiable groups and are put in a classroom full of people from another group such that they are part of a minority are far more likely to describe themselves by mentioning their visibly identifiable group than the children who are part of the majority group. And it works either way. When females are in theminority in a large group of males, they have heightened awareness of their femaleness. When men are in the minority, they have heightened awareness of their maleness.

When you are a minority or underrepresented, the typical human reaction is a rather constant, heightened awareness of your difference and how you don't fit in.

Putting a minority/underrepresented character in a game says "yes you do fit in and you're not different."

Scianix-Black

Anyway.. that just sounds like insecurity to me, but that's just off topic psychological bull**** .

I'm pacific islander. None of my islander friends are gamers. I've never played as an islander in a video game. In fact, I've never played as anyone I could remotely relate to, because it's their adventure, not mine, but that's a matter of personal preference and how different people enjoy things differently. The closest I've ever seen to a representation of me or my 'people' is Call of Duty World at War, or any WWII game in the pacifics, when you see Americans running around tearing up Japanese people on my homeland.

It really doesn't bother me, though. I don't need to feel like I'm included in anything because just playing the game is enough for me. Why do you guys have to feel this way?

I'm just curious is all.

I seriously don't understand why the main character has to be a certain race in order for you to relate, and rather than debate it, I'd rather fix it.

I understand the "yes you do fit in and you're not different." part, but why do we need the kind of validity from video games, of all places?

Scianix-Black. You are my hero.

I could not have said it better myself.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 jbc7343

[QUOTE="jbc7343"]My mother taught me that I'm not different by cracking two eggs (one white and one brown) and asking me what was different on the inside. We had a long talk about it afterwards.

Scianix-Black

I was like 5. So yeah ... :oops:

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

I know that I am a little late to the discussion but Afro Samurai. Voiced by Samuel L. Jackson, it doesn't get much blacker than that.

The game was actually pretty decent too and you can probably buy it for like $10.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I too see where Terrencec06 is coming from..it's more of a relate thing (like who you relate to more). I tend to relate more to black characters and would prefer to play as one. People come in here saying race doesn't matter (but to some it does and that's fine)..it's just like most of us guys would prefer to play as a guy character over a girl if given the choice..why does the feeling of race have to be any different? I usually don't care, but sometimes I would like to play as a black character that isn't the GTA:SA - CJ type. I think it's usually a specific group of people that are of a particular race I wont name as to why we keep seeing the stereotypical black characters written the way they are in some of these games.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 clicketyclick

I'm just curious is all.

Scianix-Black

If it's just insecurity, it's insecurity that every race and both genders suffer from, because you can take a majority group and make them a minority in the setting and then they start self-identifying by reference to their physical difference and visible group membership.

in every psychological study, there are people like you who are unaffected. But the point of observing lots of people in these studies is to find general trends in human behaviour. And the general trend is that, when the difference from the majority is very noticeable (male vs female, black vs white), it is far more likely that the person who is in the minority in that particular setting will have a heightened awareness of their difference from the "norm".

And to answer your last question: people yearn for that kind of validation in video games because it's nice to feel included and represented in your hobby. To feel like it's acceptable for you to be doing it. Do you really think Nintendo's rash of ads showing female celebrities playing video games was not a conscious decision to portray females playing games? It normalises it, makes it socially acceptable, even expected. When a visible group is represented and recognised by developers, they're far more likely to want to - and feel they can - join in.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
I don't care what anyone says but Jade is black... yes. I said it. Jade. Is. Black. lol so is homer simpson by the way...but I digress.
JVevV-3J2a87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 JVevV-3J2a87
Member since 2009 • 253 Posts

I don't know if this has already been mentioned, but True Crime NYC .

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#120 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I don't care what anyone says but Jade is black... yes. I said it. Jade. Is. Black. lol so is homer simpson by the way...but I digress.verbalfilth

Homer Simpson is yellow and voiced by a white dude. Besides, have you ever seen him dance?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="jbc7343"]My mother taught me that I'm not different by cracking two eggs (one white and one brown) and asking me what was different on the inside. We had a long talk about it afterwards.

Scianix-Black

nice good example

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

As a black person myself I really don't care. It could be male, female or hell even an alien with pink skin and purple dots, as long as the character has a great personality I don't mind.

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Terrencec06

I too see where Terrencec06 is coming from..it's more of a relate thing (like who you relate to more). I tend to relate more to black characters and would prefer to play as one. People come in here saying race doesn't matter (but to some it does and that's fine)..it's just like most of us guys would prefer to play as a guy character over a girl if given the choice..why does the feeling of race have to be any different? I usually don't care, but sometimes I would like to play as a black character that isn't the GTA:SA - CJ type. I think it's usually a specific group of people that are of a particular race I wont name as to why we keep seeing the stereotypical black characters written the way they are in some of these games.gamer082009

Well said

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Terrencec06

As a black person myself I really don't care. It could be male, female or hell even an alien with pink skin and purple dots, as long as the character has a great personality I don't mind.

GrandJury

I feel you on that one too.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="clicketyclick"][QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

I'm just curious is all.

If it's just insecurity, it's insecurity that every race and both genders suffer from, because you can take a minority group and make them a minority in the setting and then they start self-identifying by reference to their physical difference and visible group membership. in every psychological study, there are people like you who are unaffected. But the point of observing lots of people in these studies is to find general trends in human behaviour. And the general trend is that, when the difference from the majority is very noticeable (male vs female, black vs white), it is far more likely that the person who is in the minority in that particular setting will have a heightened awareness of their difference from the "norm". And to answer your last question: people yearn for that kind of validation in video games because it's nice to feel included and represented in your hobby. To feel like it's acceptable for you to be doing it. Do you really think Nintendo's rash of ads showing female celebrities playing video games was not a conscious decision to portray females playing games? It normalises it, makes it socially acceptable, even expected. When a visible group is represented and recognised by developers, they're far more likely to want to - feel they can - join in.

I totally agree. Anyone who doesn't realize this just isn't seeing things the way they are. People can disagree with it and not understand it all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that it is the way it is. Since it is the way it is people shouldn't think its wrong for someone to be that way. People are just suffering from their own humanity.
Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

Black peeps have it better than me.

Sadly, I am a Ginger and although I do have a soul, I have never ever seen a Ginger be the lead character in a video game.:cry:

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 clicketyclick

Too often I've seen "what should race matter to you? We're all the same aren't we? Do you dare disagree?" to excuse and shut down all discussion of latent racism - that is, gross underrepresentation of a certain race in good roles and overrepresentation of a certain race in bad ones.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 clicketyclick

Sadly, I am a Ginger and although I do have a soul, I have never ever seen a Ginger be the lead character in a video game.:cry:

Reemer99
Heavenly Sword. Dry those tears. :P

I highly, highly doubt that this conversation was brought up to learn about black characters in games. It just seems like another excuse to bring raceinto aforum topic.

BlackhawkBix
Oh teh evil blackz with their secret agendazzzz!!! They be tricksters!
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TheEldestGod
I too see where Terrencec06 is coming from..it's more of a relate thing (like who you relate to more). I tend to relate more to black characters and would prefer to play as one. People come in here saying race doesn't matter (but to some it does and that's fine)..it's just like most of us guys would prefer to play as a guy character over a girl if given the choice..why does the feeling of race have to be any different? I usually don't care, but sometimes I would like to play as a black character that isn't the GTA:SA - CJ type. I think it's usually a specific group of people that are of a particular race I wont name as to why we keep seeing the stereotypical black characters written the way they are in some of these games.gamer082009
Exactly. More often than not games with female leads do not appeal to me. That doesn' make me sexist does it? Oh, and that last part should be quoted for truth.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
So Terrence, did you you really want a list of games or were you looking for the thread to be this profound discussion? As of right now either your topic is misleading or nearly 90% of this thread is off topic.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 TheEldestGod
Dude, ClicketyClick, you keep hitting the nail on the head.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Scianix-Black

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

I'm just curious is all.

clicketyclick

If it's just insecurity, it's insecurity that every race and both genders suffer from, because you can take a majority group and make them a minority in the setting and then they start self-identifying by reference to their physical difference and visible group membership.

in every psychological study, there are people like you who are unaffected. But the point of observing lots of people in these studies is to find general trends in human behaviour. And the general trend is that, when the difference from the majority is very noticeable (male vs female, black vs white), it is far more likely that the person who is in the minority in that particular setting will have a heightened awareness of their difference from the "norm".

And to answer your last question: people yearn for that kind of validation in video games because it's nice to feel included and represented in your hobby. To feel like it's acceptable for you to be doing it. Do you really think Nintendo's rash of ads showing female celebrities playing video games was not a conscious decision to portray females playing games? It normalises it, makes it socially acceptable, even expected. When a visible group is represented and recognised by developers, they're far more likely to want to - feel they can - join in.

Ok, so if this study you're talking about is legit, then we're all in understanding that race doesn't matter, we just have different preferences as far as playing them goes, right?

So, we can all agree that race is not a big deal when it comes to video games (otherwise, we wouldn't be here), but when presented with the choice, it would be nice to play as someone we can relate to on an ethnic/racial level. It's not a matter of racism or preferring your own race over another, it's just a preference that the degree of which differs from person to person.

And that when it comes to that study, JCBC7343 and I are the odd ones out.

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 jbc7343

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Terrencec06

nice good example

Thanks, I just want you and everyone to know that I'm attacking you. I'm really not. I respect your opinion. I think it would be great to play a more diverse video game character. The only thing is that I don't understand how or why people could possibly care about the color of a protagonist in a video game. I will probably never understand but I do acknowledge how you feel. That is probably the best I could give you though.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheEldestGod
So Terrence, did you you really want a list of games or were you looking for the thread to be this profound discussion? As of right now either your topic is misleading or nearly 90% of this thread is off topic.emitsu97
I think its wrong to assume that he started this topic for the sake of racist debate.
jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 jbc7343

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

I'm just curious is all.

Scianix-Black

And to answer your last question: people yearn for that kind of validation in video games because it's nice to feel included and represented in your hobby. To feel like it's acceptable for you to be doing it. Do you really think Nintendo's rash of ads showing female celebrities playing video games was not a conscious decision to portray females playing games? It normalises it, makes it socially acceptable, even expected. When a visible group is represented and recognised by developers, they're far more likely to want to - feel they can - join in.

Ok, so if this study you're talking about is legit, then we're all in understanding that race doesn't matter, we just have different preferences as far as playing them goes, right?

So, we can all agree that race is not a big deal when it comes to video games (otherwise, we wouldn't be here), but when presented with the choice, it would be nice to play as someone we can relate to on an ethnic/racial level. It's not a matter of racism or preferring your own race over another, it's just a preference that the degree of which differs from person to person.

And that when it comes to that study, JCBC7343 are the odd ones out.

That is a very good question. Any answers?

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I think its wrong to assume that he started this topic for the sake of racist debate. TheEldestGod
Assumption? I asked a question.
clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"] Exactly. More often than not games with female leads do not appeal to me. That doesn' make me sexist does it?

It especially doesn't make you racist because most female leads are objectified to begin with, and that very act makes them more difficult to relate to, because you can't really see them as human beings but as cartoonishy... objects. :p Let me clearly delineate what is racism/sexism and what isn't, because many people seem to be confused in this thread, and suggesting that the original poster may be racist. Okay: I feel I can relate better to playable characters that are also members of my visibly identifiable group. Racist: I refuse to play as playable characters that are not members of my visibly identifiable group. Okay: I can't relate as well to female leads and would prefer to play as males. / I can relate better to female leads and would prefer to play them rather than males. Sexist: I refuse to play this specific gender because I am not a member of that gender.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#140 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

Reemer99

oh god did this make me lol. nice one man. nice one. there are no ginger games, youre right. this would be a much shorter thread if we were discussing gingers in games :P

jbc7343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 jbc7343

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I think its wrong to assume that he started this topic for the sake of racist debate. emitsu97

He's been doing that a lot.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="clicketyclick"]

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

I'm just curious is all.

And that when it comes to that study, JCBC7343 and I are the odd ones out.

Yes, that is correct. Its all based on personal preference and you and JCB7343 fail to understand how or why anyone would prefer it.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="emitsu97"][QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I think its wrong to assume that he started this topic for the sake of racist debate. jbc7343

He's been doing that a lot.

Yeah? So have you.
Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 Terrencec06

So Terrence, did you you really want a list of games or were you looking for the thread to be this profound discussion? As of right now either your topic is misleading or nearly 90% of this thread is off topic.emitsu97

I laughed at it too. I was really just talking about how many games have a black main character with a plot. And that I would like to see more. Some of the people in the trend went crazy with it.

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 clicketyclick
[QUOTE="BlackhawkBix"] For your info there clicketyclix, I'M BLACK!

Doesn't make your suggestion any more valid. It's just as uncalled for regardless of what you say your skin colour is.
ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
Lets just drop the issue and try to gather a list for Terrance. Sorry but all that I know are already listed earlier.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 TheEldestGod
[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"]I think its wrong to assume that he started this topic for the sake of racist debate. emitsu97

I do apologize but the way you worded your question you seemed to be insinuating that he never wanted a list of games and only wanted to start this crazy debate and that his topic was misleading. Sorry.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#148 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

[QUOTE="Denji"]

Well I don't think much of it myself, but if I did I would be SOL because there are no mixed lead roles:P

clicketyclick

Oh you're a half-and-half?

Mmmm, coffee. :P

Yep, like a nice cup of coffee:lol: Though I'm pretty light and can pass for a "white guy" though:P

clicketyclick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 clicketyclick
Lets just drop the issue and try to gather a list for Terrance. Sorry but all that I know are already listed earlier.ExoticAnimal
I think the very fact that this sort of a discussion broke out perfectly illustrates why there needs to be more black characters in games. Anyway, you're right. Let's get back to the main subject. :) I wonder which was the first black character portrayed? Mike Tyson's Punch-Out on the NES? :P