French on game cases and manuals.

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redpyramidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redpyramidman
Member since 2008 • 155 Posts
It's on every PS3 game I've bought in the last few months. Don't know about 360 though since the last purchase was in May, and Wii even further back. So is this a PS3 only thing, and in any case, why are they doing it? Looks so tacky.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:
seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 seannn199
Member since 2008 • 1137 Posts
it depends what store you buy your games at. some have english noly im pretty sure. also to bad it ant be like dvd were you can flip the paper of the case and its english only >_>
Ryder123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Ryder123
Member since 2005 • 1984 Posts
Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..
Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Starscream35
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts

It's on every PS3 game I've bought in the last few months. Don't know about 360 though since the last purchase was in May, and Wii even further back. So is this a PS3 only thing, and in any case, why are they doing it? Looks so tacky.redpyramidman

How about a french guy from france says the same thing about engish???...

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
The only game with French stuff in the manual I've got it's SCIV and I don't read the manual that much so I don't really care.
Pezhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Pezhead
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:Starscream35

So what...just dont read it there is an english part too,you dumb......never mind some post are just so stupid.

second that

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

Quebec is gay anyways. didnt they want to break away from canada like 5 yrs ago they should all learn english or get the hell outZigsZags

Tolerance FTL, uh??

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts
I don't know where you live but at least it's not like the US where everthing is in spanish.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:Starscream35

So what...just dont read it there is an english part too,you dumb......never mind some post are just so stupid.

Why should the back of my game cases look cluttered when its much easier to just print 1 language anyway.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
I know it's pretty dumb. It's because of those stuck-up French Canadians (I'm Canadian and even I don't like them).
ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ZigsZags
Member since 2003 • 137 Posts

[QUOTE="ZigsZags"]Quebec is gay anyways. didnt they want to break away from canada like 5 yrs ago they should all learn english or get the hell outGreenGoblin2099

Tolerance FTL, uh??

sorry got worked up and it reminded me when they did try to break away, sorry if u from quebec and it offened u but if u from the states id be like california or flordia saying they wanna be part of mexico

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 I_pWnzz_YoU

It's not because you can't read it. It's because the game case becomes so cluttered. I'm going to guess that you're a French Canadian judging by your post.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 I_pWnzz_YoU

Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..Ryder123

This is Canada damnit! People should learn how to speak the language. If they put French (along with English) on gamecases in the US, people would round up in a mob equipped with pitchforks and shotguns.

ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZigsZags

[QUOTE="Ryder123"]Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..I_pWnzz_YoU

This is Canada damnit! People should learn how to speak the language. If they put French (along with English) on gamecases in the US, people would round up in a mob equipped with pitchforks and shotguns.

HAHAHAH ya they would

seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 seannn199
Quebec is gay anyways. didnt they want to break away from canada like 5 yrs ago they should all learn english or get the hell outZigsZags

more like 30 years ago, give or take, and some still do..
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts
Actually it doesn't really bother me, I mean it's a good way of learning a new language
Pezhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pezhead
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"]

[QUOTE="Ryder123"]Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..ZigsZags

HAHAHAH ya they would

On the flipside we have spanish on everything

ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ZigsZags

[QUOTE="ZigsZags"]Quebec is gay anyways. didnt they want to break away from canada like 5 yrs ago they should all learn english or get the hell outseannn199

im not even 25 and i remember it sorry if i was off like 4 years it wasnt that long ago why would i dislike quebec so much then??? i dont hold grudges over stuff that didnt happen in my lifetime... so how can it be 30 yrs ago?

ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ZigsZags
[QUOTE="ZigsZags"][QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"]

[QUOTE="Ryder123"]Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..Pezhead

HAHAHAH ya they would

are u forced to learn spanish in school though??

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="ZigsZags"][QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"]

[QUOTE="Ryder123"]Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..Pezhead

HAHAHAH ya they would

Really? I never knew that. I never thought 'd actually learn something on an internet forum :lol:

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts
Did anyone forced anyone to read the french part? Didn't think so.
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Starscream35"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:ZigsZags

It's not because you can't read it. It's because the game case becomes so cluttered. I'm going to guess that you're a French Canadian judging by your post.

yep i also hate french canadians like common they cant even get street lights correct hahahahaha

Imagine if Stephane Dion would've been elected Prime Minister. I would've moved to the US. Then if McCain got elected there then I would've moved tooo.....Hmmm......

ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ZigsZags

Did anyone forced anyone to read the french part? Didn't think so.BaraChat

um no not to read a manual but u are forced to learn french i think it till grade 9 or 1

ZigsZags

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ZigsZags
[QUOTE="ZigsZags"][QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Starscream35"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:I_pWnzz_YoU

yep i also hate french canadians like common they cant even get street lights correct hahahahaha

Imagine if Stephane Dion would've been elected Prime Minister. I would've moved to the US. Then if McCain got elected there then I would've moved tooo.....Hmmm......

England thats where i'd go lol after the US

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts

I'm Canadian bilingual in both languages, it is simply to abide to government labeling regulations, seeing as Canada is officially a french and english speaking country.

I KNOW Quebec is pretty much the only french speaking province in the nation, but don't forget we have french dwellers within Ontario itself, in Sudbury, Waterloo, and even in Toronto (there are many elementary schools and high schools that teach exclusively french to native speakers)

So though you may be ignorant thinking about English speakers, it actually is the French speakers that are being respected as a minority.

BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#31 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

And believe me Quebec would've gotten out if Canada let them. Well, most people there don't give a **** about the rest Canada.

And I honestly think it's great they still speak french and that they don't wanna be assimilated by english people. So shut the hell up you ignorant people who think they "should just learn english." If there was no law on language they'd be speaking all english now and most of its cultural history would be gone, which would be a shame.

seannn199

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seannn199

[QUOTE="seannn199"][QUOTE="ZigsZags"]Quebec is gay anyways. didnt they want to break away from canada like 5 yrs ago they should all learn english or get the hell outZigsZags

im not even 25 and i remember it sorry if i was off like 4 years it wasnt that long ago why would i dislike quebec so much then??? i dont hold grudges over stuff that didnt happen in my lifetime... so how can it be 30 yrs ago?

theve been wanting to seperate for a logn time and they still do not everyone, but it started a long time ago maybe even more thne 30 years
Avatar image for JeePeeDee_basic
JeePeeDee_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JeePeeDee_basic
Member since 2002 • 142 Posts

just because thier games box is bilingual they turn into a racist fest and say abusive things when they dont know anything about Quebec or French culture. get out of your gaming world and learn about differents countrys and culture then yours..

Because I dont care if you are not happy with your box bilingual stuff. Respect others and you will be respected and this is far more important then your games box.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts
[QUOTE="Starscream35"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:americahellyeah

Why should the back of my game cases look cluttered when its much easier to just print 1 language anyway.

Because by having 2 languages, they cover more terrain with one printing, and no need for a redesign of the box. I really dont care.

sdkingsht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#37 sdkingsht
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts

Maybe because not everyone speaks English?..Ryder123

gold star to the first non-ignorant response in this thread. who cares people? read the english parts and keep it moving. why is this even a thread topic? why?

Avatar image for JeePeeDee_basic
JeePeeDee_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JeePeeDee_basic
Member since 2002 • 142 Posts
Realy? And what do you think of insults with no reason about french people on this threat ?
I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 I_pWnzz_YoU

Realy? And what do you think of insults with no reason about french people on this threat ?JeePeeDee_basic

We're not insulting them, we're simply saying that the French on the game cases is not needed.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Wow. And I thought that the PS3 board was safe from the recurring Québécois bashing happening on the OT board.....oh well! All I can say to the haters is thank you for proving us (separatists) right in our desire for secession.

On the subject, I think complaining about writings on a game cover is downright nit-picking. Have fun staring at your game cover while I actually PLAY the game!

spanky333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#42 spanky333
Member since 2004 • 885 Posts

On the subject, I think complaining about writings on a game cover is downright nit-picking. Have fun staring at your game cover while I actually PLAY the game!

QuebecSuperstar

Seconded. Nit picking about the back of a game box is fail.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 I_pWnzz_YoU

Wow. And I thought that the PS3 board was safe from the recurring Québécois bashing happening on the OT board.....oh well! All I can say to the haters is thank you for proving us (separatists) right in our desire for secession.

QuebecSuperstar

Oh we'll be having plenty of fun, don't you worry. Soon there will be a category when reviewing games. The new category will be "Cover design".

Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Starscream35

I know it's pretty dumb. It's because of those stuck-up French Canadians (I'm Canadian and even I don't like them).I_pWnzz_YoU

Canadian Rednecks.....

Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Starscream35
[QUOTE="Starscream35"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]its on 14 out of the 34 PS3 game i own.. its stupid... only 1 province in canada speaks french and the rest of us have to suffer :evil:I_pWnzz_YoU

First of all i leave in quebec but hate all those quebec guys,i was born here and my parents are immigrants.Real Quebec people are renecks....And second i go to french school and talk french with friends other than that my life is english....movies....music...games anything.I hate watching Movies translated in french,i hate litsening to french rap,and specially i hate to see my ps3 sayind "vous etes maintenant connecter" or something like that.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_pWnzz_YoU
[QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Starscream35"]

First of all i leave in quebec but hate all those quebec guys,i was born here and my parents are immigrants.Real Quebec people are renecks....And second i go to french school and talk french with friends other than that my life is english....movies....music...games anything.I hate watching Movies translated in french,i hate litsening to french rap,and specially i hate to see my ps3 sayind "vous etes maintenant connecter" or something like that.

Okay I'm confused. First you'e defending French Canadians then you're against French Canadians. And I'm not 100% sure but I think you called me a redneck :?

Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Starscream35

Wow this big thread for a stupid reason....

Starscream35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Starscream35
[QUOTE="Starscream35"][QUOTE="I_pWnzz_YoU"][QUOTE="Starscream35"]

Okay I'm confused. First you'e defending French Canadians then you're against French Canadians. And I'm not 100% sure but I think you called me a redneck :?

OK...gotta be more specific cause some people are only smart with video games.....I hate Separatist cause they hate Immigrants and all other Canadians...and remember, in quebec there aren't onlys separatists.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

OK...gotta be more specific cause some people are only smart with video games.....I hate Separatist cause they hate Immigrants and all other Canadians...and remember, in quebec there aren't onlys separatists.

Starscream35

Sorry but yes, I am a separatist and no, I don't hate immigrants and Canadians (in fact, I'm a big fan of the Canadian musical scene). Just like I said to somebody else, my political allegiance is not motivated by hatred. It just happens I have my reasons to believe both Québec and Canada would benefit from a secession. It just goes to prove that you're as narrow-minded as the ones you hate.