Forget BulletStorm, Rage, and Crysis 2! Its time for B...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Coolboy420x
Member since 2004 • 2235 Posts

BRINK!!! Omg this game looks way better than any of the upcoming shooters I've seen... The Gameplay, The graphix, The Customization, the Campaign, it has it ALL! check out the video on the page below, it shows you all the shooters coming up and personally BRINK is topping them all in every aspect of a FPS, I am excited for this!!! What do you guys think after watching the videossss?

UpComing FPS

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Coolboy420x
Ohhh did I mention all the GUNS it has, about 30 of them! and so much customization within them...!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#3 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

BRINK!!! Omg this game looks way better than any of the upcoming shooters I've seen... The Gameplay, The graphix, The Customization, the Campaign, it has it ALL! check out the video on the page below, it shows you all the shooters coming up and personally BRINK is topping them all in every aspect of a FPS, I am excited for this!!! What do you guys think after watching the videossss?

UpComing FPS

Coolboy420x
Once he said the makers of FO3 and Oblivion.....I was listening..
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Brink and Rage are definitely two of my most anticipated games; for sure. I love the whole concept of Brink, it's like TF2 + Mirrors Edge.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
It looks like a fun Co-op game but I am not to sure about that MP.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

Brink does look freaking awesome, I'm still more excited for Bulletstorm & Rage, but they all look great.

Raidenheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Raidenheart
Member since 2010 • 29 Posts
[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

UpComing FPS

Young_Charter

This isn't from Bethesda. They're publishing it, but Splash Damage is developing it.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#8 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
It looks like a fun Co-op game but I am not to sure about that MP.GrandJury
Hopefully it is a good co-op game..
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Coolboy420x

Brink and Rage are definitely two of my most anticipated games; for sure. I love the whole concept of Brink, it's like TF2 + Mirrors Edge.

hxczuner
I saw the gameplay of Rage and it felt like METRO 2033 if you know about that game, plus I personally can't play an open world game if my life depended on it, cuz usually those games have such sorry excuses for stories, FARCRY 2 was a bad experience... And Brink has two diff. story lines with diff. cutscenes and all that so looking forward to it...
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hxczuner
[QUOTE="hxczuner"]

Coolboy420x
I saw the gameplay of Rage and it felt like METRO 2033 if you know about that game, plus I personally can't play an open world game if my life depended on it, cuz usually those games have such sorry excuses for stories, FARCRY 2 was a bad experience... And Brink has two diff. story lines with diff. cutscenes and all that so looking forward to it...

I'm excited for Rage based on it's pedigree alone. Yeah, it's an open world game, and it looks like what would happen if Doom/Quake and Borderlands had a kid, but it's an original IP from id so I'm psyched.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]I'm excited for Rage based on it's pedigree alone. Yeah, it's an open world game, and it looks like what would happen if Doom/Quake and Borderlands had a kid, but it's an original IP from id so I'm psyched.hxczuner

EXACTLY. I still don't know much about the game but it's freaking id.

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hxczuner

[QUOTE="hxczuner"][QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]I'm excited for Rage based on it's pedigree alone. Yeah, it's an open world game, and it looks like what would happen if Doom/Quake and Borderlands had a kid, but it's an original IP from id so I'm psyched.razzkazz

EXACTLY. I still don't know much about the game but it's freaking id.

Yeah, it's a shame that so many gamers have no idea who id even is.
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
I just looke up Brink videos, it does look awesome....
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Bulletstorm, Brink and Crysis 2 all have me absolutely excited. Rage, not so much.

Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Coolboy420x
Bump...?
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i don't know... looks alright. But then again, everything looks simply "alright" after BFBC2 to me.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Bullet storm = no Rage = Looks like Borderlands/fallout = no Crysis2 = No, the game offers nothing but graphics atleast the PC version.
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

Yeah I'm planning to buy it. Too bad it got delayed

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Title of the article IGN is apt. "Shooter Overload".

The "SMART" abilties were pretty much already done in Mirror's edge. It's nice to see another game with that mechanic, but that doesn't mean this game is going to be any good. Looks rather bland to me overall. Even the titles of these new IP's are lame. "Brink". "Bodycount". "Bulletstorm". Really?... that's the best that we can come up with? I guess the names of the sequels on that list aren't much better...

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Im still more excited for Crysis 2, but Brink does look really good. Im definitely buying both.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
It's looking really cool. The SMART system looks like a good innovation for FPS games, and something I've been thinking would be great. Chasing someone across rooftops with SMART will be cool. What worries me is the Multiplayer. I prefer traditional matchmaking, with tons of options for gametypes, maps, weapons allowed, etc. Like Halo.
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hxczuner

Title of the article IGN is apt. "Shooter Overload".

The "SMART" abilties were pretty much already done in Mirror's edge. It's nice to see another game with that mechanic, but that doesn't mean this game is going to be any good. Looks rather bland to me overall. Even the titles of these new IP's are lame. "Brink". "Bodycount". "Bulletstorm". Really?... that's the best that we can come up with? I guess the names of the sequels on that list aren't much better...

2Chalupas

Brink isn't a bad title at all. Bodycount and Bulletstorm might not be that great, but they're both very accurate. Bodycount's Stewart Black said that you're going to kill "a lot of people". Bulletstorm? It's from Epic...

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#24 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Brink looks fun. Probably not a day one purchase for me, but then again very little is. Especially since you can wait 2-3 weeks for a price drop or sale.

But to me, it isn't in the same league as Rage. From a technical standpoint, it was the most impressive piece at E3. But I'd expect nothing less from id.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#25 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
I am not excited for Brink at all, on the other hand, the other 3 shooters you listed look amazing.
a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts

I liked Brink the least of all the shooters you mentioned, in fact while i will buy all of Rage, Gears 3,Halo Reach,Crysis 2 and Bulletstrom, i have zero interst to even rent Brink, the level design is bland and graphics look mediocre, the setting is totally missing any art and the enemies areextremely boring too

Why did you like it ? Looks very dated and common imo

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts

I liked Brink the least of all the shooters you mentioned, in fact while i will buy all of Rage, Gears 3,Halo Reach,Crysis 2 and Bulletstrom, i have zero interst to even rent Brink, the level design is bland and graphics look mediocre, the setting is totally missing any art and the enemies areextremely boring too

a_simple_gamer
Sorry, but are you serious? The graphics are very nice, the artistic design is actually very cool, with the exaggerated body shapes etc. The enemies are human. How many games honestly have that many interesting enemies? Maybe Halo, Resistance and Killzone?
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Brink doesn't look that great to me. It looks average at best. The look of the game reminds me of Mirror's Edge however.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

Also, the AI looked stupid as hell. He jumped down and ran into that openingand they stopped shooting at him and wouldn't even look at him lol.

a_simple_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 a_simple_gamer
Member since 2010 • 1338 Posts

[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]

dkjestrup

Sorry, but are you serious? The graphics are very nice, the artistic design is actually very cool, with the exaggerated body shapes etc. The enemies are human. How many games honestly have that many interesting enemies? Maybe Halo, Resistance and Killzone?

Human enemies are extremely boring to me, Resisatance, Gears, Halo and Bulletstorm have far more intersting enemies, the shooters with human enemiesw like Uncharetd, killzone make them totally boring to me

Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

I'm tired of first person shooters. I'm laying off the genre for a very, very long time. At least until Doom 4 and Half-Life 3. Although, I may get Rage.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#32 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I'm looking forward to Bulletstorm, RAGE and Brink, they all look awesome, can't wait!!

Crysis 2 however looks medicore at the moment, gameplay wise and graphics unfortunately.

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts

I'm looking forward to Bulletstorm, RAGE and Brink, they all look awesome, can't wait!!

Crysis 2 however looks medicore at the moment, gameplay wise and graphics unfortunately.

Venom_Raptor
Wait, graphics wise??? Compared to the first yes, but every other game, really? The game looks amazing. Artistically it is kind of bland but technically the game is gorgeous.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
They all look great.
co-oper182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 co-oper182
Member since 2010 • 91 Posts

I'm tired of first person shooters. I'm laying off the genre for a very, very long time. At least until Doom 4 and Half-Life 3. Although, I may get Rage.

Animatronic64
same here there milking the genre dry. most fps are the same with a little twist im getting soo bored now
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Coolboy420x
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

zbdyx
Wait, graphics wise??? Compared to the first yes, but every other game, really? The game looks amazing. Artistically it is kind of bland but technically the game is gorgeous.

I had a whole diff. topic about Crysis Graphics looking very MEH... since they are on Consoles they are downgraded alot compared to the PC version, They look much worse than the first Crysis and I think and people agreed that the game look way too clean art wise, no gritty looks at all...
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coolboy420x

Also, the AI looked stupid as hell. He jumped down and ran into that openingand they stopped shooting at him and wouldn't even look at him lol.

Diddies
I thought exactly the same thing when I looked at the video but then it all made sense b/c it was MP and the ppl were standing there to be shot by the guy showing the video...
Coolboy420x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Coolboy420x
[QUOTE="a_simple_gamer"]

dkjestrup

Yaa Simple guy did u even look at the video, the graphics look amazing I think better than Crysis2, art direction is great, a bit too simple and futuristic but thats just one of the game's level... customization of characters and weapons is amazingly deep...
orca54321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 orca54321
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

I sure was waiting for Borderlands 2 to be announced!

cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="Coolboy420x"]

UpComing FPS

Young_Charter

I think Betheda is the publisher.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

There are too many FPSes coming out for me to follow or get excited about. The only FPS (if you want to call it that) I'm excited for is Portal 2 because the first one was a blast and it's not something you see a whole lot of in the market today.

Botodile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Botodile
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts

Brink looks pretty cool, but I'm much more excited for RAGE and BulletStorm. They both look like they will turn out to be amazing! Crysis 2...I Don't know about it. It feels like the first game has become more of a computer benchmark than a credible series.

MalachiLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MalachiLiu
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

The game looks very promising but too bad it was delayed again.. =(

O well they can take as much time as they need to make a perfect game. Love the art style.

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
Looking forward to GR: Future Soldier, Bullet Storm and Rage more.