final fantasy 8 remake

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dice099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dice099
Member since 2004 • 46 Posts

theres a lot going on about people wanting a ff 7 remake, but i dont know about u guys...but i would rather see sony/squaresoft do a final fantasy 8 remake much more!!! does anybody else agree with me on this?

CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
Nope. Sorry.
PureDante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PureDante
Member since 2007 • 925 Posts
Any old ff remake would be great.
-Holtz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Holtz-
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

Id be so mad if they did a FF8 remake instead of a FF7. not because FF8 is a bad game (its very good and im sure the remake would be amazing tbh) But more just because it would have meant S.E had decided to do a remake and totaly gone against the fans! :P

and a FF8 remake would be good

A FF7 Remake would be AMAZING!

-Holtz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -Holtz-
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

Id be so mad if they did a FF8 remake instead of a FF7. not because FF8 is a bad game (its very good and im sure the remake would be amazing tbh) But more just because it would have meant S.E had decided to do a remake and totaly gone against the fans! :P

and a FF8 remake would be good

A FF7 Remake would be AMAZING!

-Holtz-

ah can i just say, i meant SE had gone agaisnt the fans in the way off, they had ignored to do the game people are crying out for:P

kryu88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#6 kryu88
Member since 2006 • 9301 Posts
Bleh, more remakes. I'm indifferent to remakes...they're nice in that the people who may have missed them the first time around get to play them. But those who did play them...feel it's a waste of time and resources, when they could be working on another new project or something.
ShaizanHgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ShaizanHgh
Member since 2006 • 1022 Posts

Many people dislike FF8 due to plot holes and poor story development. I however liked the game, and prefer the FF games that take place in future settings. I never played all the way through FF9 as it didnt interest me.

I would hope they would remake FF7 first, over FF8, but sadly I don't think either will happen. Those games are best left in the past. The stories have been told and it is time to move on with new ones.

tiger35010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 tiger35010
Member since 2004 • 859 Posts
8 was great but the story let me down a little ^ i quit playing 9 a little bit after the woods part lol
dice099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dice099

i beat ff9 but i wasnt to big of a fan of it either...

ginraisama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ginraisama
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

theres a lot going on about people wanting a ff 7 remake, but i dont know about u guys...but i would rather see sony/squaresoft do a final fantasy 8 remake much more!!! does anybody else agree with me on this?

dice099

i guess you're alone on that one m8... but don't give up :)

Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

i think i would like to see both of them remade. FF8 at some point in the future anyway. it was my first FF game and i love it and found it to be pretty amazing. The draw system was boring but it felt like the more you did it the more powerful you became, instead of just learning a new spell. FF7's materia system is awesome to though of course.

I think it wouldnt be a suprise to say that if they are remaking any ff game, its 7. which is fine by me. i only played through it once, would love to again. and you know even the people who have played it over and over and over again...would play the remake over and over and over again most likely.

Avatar image for cloud_strife007
cloud_strife007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cloud_strife007
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts
I'd love to see a FF8...just after FF7.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I would prefer not to see anymore remakes. Having said that, I think Square should re-release all the titles up to 10 in one huge special edition package.
tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
I would prefer gettin one of the old retro FFs remade. Pref FF6, gief Kefka!!!
donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts
I want both. Nothing wrong with that.
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
i totally agree. I much preferd ff8 over 7. i cant really pinpoint why but i really think its down to the graphics, story and the load times between areas.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Any old ff remake would be great. PureDante

and theyre doing it on the DS :D

Avatar image for xoxINSOMNIACxox
xoxINSOMNIACxox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xoxINSOMNIACxox
Member since 2008 • 647 Posts
I want a remake of this game as well. I even prefer it from FF7. But having both remake will be awesome!
gera34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gera34
Member since 2008 • 343 Posts

in my opinion... i hate ff7... it was excelent till they decide make and remake!!!! games every 5 mints about alternative histories and movies and bla bla bla...

I HOPE THAT THEY MAKE A FF8 REMAKE... i cant imagine te summons :shock:

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

dice099

No thank you. We limit remakes to the *good* FF games.

dice099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 dice099
haha if u dont have ff 8 in the good games something is wrong with u!!
[QUOTE="dice099"]

Velric

Bloody_Demons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Bloody_Demons
Member since 2003 • 219 Posts

dice099

i totally agree with you!!!!! o my god i love final fantasy 8....the storyline was so good and what i was going thru in my life when i played it made it much more better....thats the only final fantasy i played all the way thru cause the storyline caught my attention from the get go....i might go play it again....what great memories you just brought back!!!!

carneyfolk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 carneyfolk
Member since 2006 • 608 Posts
I dont even care if it is a remake, i just want them to release ff7 on the store.
Leon7J7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Leon7J7
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
How about all ff games get remade for next gen systems??
whodeysay85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 whodeysay85
Member since 2006 • 3237 Posts
I personally would much rather see a remake of FF VII first. Also, i enjoyed IX more as well.
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts
I'd much rather see a FFVI remake than any other game. Period.
Takiwara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Takiwara
Member since 2006 • 1150 Posts
Omg, finally other people who want FF8 remade. i missed the game so much that im playing it via emulator right now :]
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#28 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
.... i dont know . id love to see eather remade but for me i would rather see ff6 redone. its my #1 game of all time. i dont know why it just had that .... i dont know what, tecnicly ff7,8,9 were better,bigger ect but ff6 to me had the best charicters ect.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#29 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
Omg, finally other people who want FF8 remade. i missed the game so much that im playing it via emulator right now :]Takiwara
you do know the ps3 can play it right :p
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
I want a FF7-12 remake ^^
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
i never played Ff7 since i couldnt get into the story at the time of its release. However i loved FF8 so i would love a remake.
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts
Final Fantasy VIII was a excellent game. It was a good following after VII.
UOducks521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 UOducks521
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
[QUOTE="dice099"]

Velric

well as far as i see it, alot of different people including myself consider FF8 to be a 'good' Final Fantasy game.

fs_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 fs_metal
Member since 2005 • 25711 Posts
8 sucked. A remake of 6 would be great...or 9
paul999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 paul999
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

I would buy it, cuz iam a fan of ff8.

Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
i totally agree. I much preferd ff8 over 7. i cant really pinpoint why but i really think its down to the graphics, story and the load times between areas. shabab12

But in a remake the graphics part and load times part are obselete.
skylinenissan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 skylinenissan
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts

we should be greatfull if they make any remakes

i think they should remake 6-9 because i never really got to play them

and to the people who think theyd kill it im pretty sure theyd do a better job remaking it than you would

and if they do remake it theyll just change the graphics

skylinenissan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 skylinenissan
Member since 2004 • 158 Posts

lol X X-2 XI ( the lamest final fantasy for ps2 or xbox 360 since you had to pay) and FF12 are just fine xD

i play x all the time the graphics are fine

but 6 8 and 9 the ghraphics where great for its time but seriously the graphics suck on todays standerds

7 was a great game but i hate the graphics :[

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts
i think they should remake final fantasy 13 cos it looks like its gonna be awesome the first time around
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts
i wouldnt want a FF8 remake because its already great as it is. however FF7 is crap so a remake is nice way to save it.
Lpsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Lpsquall
Member since 2004 • 329 Posts

As much as I enjoyed FF7, FF8 holds a special place to my heart. Hell I even tattoo Squall's Chain (Griever) on my arm. My thoughts with the whole FF7 remake is that Square-Enix is going to package the FF7 remake with the Blu-Ray version of FF7-Advent Children. We haven't heard anything more about the movie for about a year now since the mention a Blu-Ray version of the movie. So my guess they are packaging both to make a serious profit.

Now with FF8. Boy would I love a remake. I believe a lot of people complain about the junction system and the love story. First off the junction system is amazing because allows for some serious customization. The love story I could understand why people didn't like it but, every RPG has a one point the theme of love between characters. So what makes FF8 any different?

All in all I would love a remake of both games but my preference would be FF8 then FF7. But Square-Enix would never do release FF8 before FF7.

f0361c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42 f0361c
Member since 2005 • 227 Posts
I think you all will kill me because of this but I would rather like Final Fantasy "Classics" to be on PSP not PS3.

Square Enix started porting FF's to PSP with I, II and Tactics. Then they publish FF7:CC. I would love to see all FF's up to 9 on PSP so Sony's consoles would have them all.

Is SE publish FF 1-9 (yes, remaking 7,8 and 9 with the FF7:CC engine) it woud be incredible. I can only Hope.

SE should be investing a lot of money giving us NEW Final Fantasies on PS3. Let the "old ones" be on PSP.

F.
vegetattack15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 vegetattack15
Member since 2007 • 1686 Posts
I want both. Nothing wrong with that.donnygorgas
I agree with this. I would be happy if they just through the originals up on PSN.
Masterbeat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Masterbeat2
Member since 2007 • 766 Posts
I think FF8 doesn't need a remake.. It's just perfect for me! and if there is any ff remake I want to see FF6 and maybe Chrono Trigger.. but I think they cancelled CT..:cry:
zuntyh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zuntyh
Member since 2005 • 3192 Posts
VIII was my first and favourite of the series as a game itself. However VII had an incredible story and cast of characters that I wanted it to be my favourite, that is possibly the same with others and just put it there as their favourite. A remake, of course I'd play the remakes and most likely love them but. Square-Enix need to stop leeching off old titles for money which SquareSoft developed. I just feel its better to see past titles as relics of the mind and great memories. Not crop up every next gen because fans want to play with better graphics. Then you also have those people who were too stubborn to play VII just because of the graphics then they will be like : "Oh yeah this is awsome". Uhh 10 years ago you said the same game was crap. VIII Would be very nice to see but the original is good enough in my opinion. I heard also IV was to be remade, won't be long until it scales up the series, they need to stop living in the past for money, Final Fantasy was supposed to be their 'Final' game and it saved them I know that. But perhaps they need to overcome the past and start work on new series, the more FF games that appear the more I'll buy. But really they need to focus on something fresh, work more on 'The Last Remnant' and other future titles.
Rigour_Mortise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Rigour_Mortise
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

dice099

Im with ya pal, FF8 = The best ever final fantasy. Its well better than 7. Although dont get me wrong, 7 is pretty good.

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

As much as I enjoyed FF7, FF8 holds a special place to my heart. Hell I even tattoo Squall's Chain (Griever) on my arm. My thoughts with the whole FF7 remake is that Square-Enix is going to package the FF7 remake with the Blu-Ray version of FF7-Advent Children. We haven't heard anything more about the movie for about a year now since the mention a Blu-Ray version of the movie. So my guess they are packaging both to make a serious profit.

Now with FF8. Boy would I love a remake. I believe a lot of people complain about the junction system and the love story. First off the junction system is amazing because allows for some serious customization. The love story I could understand why people didn't like it but, every RPG has a one point the theme of love between characters. So what makes FF8 any different?

All in all I would love a remake of both games but my preference would be FF8 then FF7. But Square-Enix would never do release FF8 before FF7.

Lpsquall

For me it wasn't the love story that was the problem it was the annoying characters, lack of development, the junction system, and plotholes like crazy. Selphie, Quistis, Rinoa and Irvine all acted as if they were 13 years old.(you might even add zell to that list but i actually liked his character) Then it came to character development it was just stinking horrible you knew more about Seifer then you did with most of your own playable characters. The junction system would've been a great idea if it didn't discourage you to use magic. Don't even get me started on the plotholes since you switch main enemies about 20 times throughout the game.

There are goods like Squall and Zell, graphics, and weapons and GFs. Don't get me wrong, it is a really good game but it comes nowhere close to the likes FFVI and FFVII. It will be remade eventually,more than likely at the 20 anniversary of FF8 it will be remade (which is in i think 2019).

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

dice099

I love 7 but I would rather see 8 done. I'll agree with most that that would be dumb on squeenix's part because most of the fans want 7. for most fans it would be like winning a million dollars but they decide to give you 800000 instead, you're still getting something great just not quite what you want.

phinch1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 phinch1
Member since 2005 • 63 Posts
Id rather a final fantasy 8 remake, final fantasy 7 is good, but 8's story is way better final fantasy 7 just has alot of poeple jumping on the badwagon saying its the greatest, when it isnt ,theyve made extras for final fantasy 7, a preqaul and a film cant argue with that, now give final fantasy 8 summit, even if they remade it on the ps2 with final fantasy 10 graphics, it would be awesome and i bet so many people would buy it, and i bet its cheap for developers to make a ps2 game now
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
Id rather a final fantasy 8 remake, final fantasy 7 is good, but 8's story is way better final fantasy 7 just has alot of poeple jumping on the badwagon saying its the greatest, when it isnt ,theyve made extras for final fantasy 7, a preqaul and a film cant argue with that, now give final fantasy 8 summit, even if they remade it on the ps2 with final fantasy 10 graphics, it would be awesome and i bet so many people would buy it, and i bet its cheap for developers to make a ps2 game now phinch1
id rather people not bump months old threads :|