FIFA 09 Demo was not good

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

devil_mehdi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 devil_mehdi96
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Ok i think my perspective should be taken as im ranked higher than all of yous in fifa 08 and will put yous on show anyday:P. I really liked fifa 08, I mastered the scoring, passing, dribbling etc but this fifa 09 has a different feeling to it.IMO the game should not be changed, fifa 08 was perfect, maybe just improve the speed and so but leave it as it is. The way you use to score in 08 doesnt work in 09 and shots from outside the box seem to go outv the stadium even if you barely press the shoot button. Im a PES fan but gotta admit fifa was better last year.......hope the real fifa 09 game is much different to demo.....8)
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

[QUOTE="Fitipali"]someone knows when the PES demo is coming? i miss the old good PES games, this Fifa demos it's like a bad patch of fifa 08signore

WTF are you talking about? can everybody explain how this demo is "crap", and give reasons? If you like FIFA 08', like i did, this game should be great to you.

i don't know i think that the trailers gave a different perspective of it (like the most supreme soccer game ever) and what i just felt playing it was like a FIFA 08 in FFWD with bad control response and different shooting physics IMO.

the game is coming in October 2nd isn't it?

i will wait for PES demo to decide though

CONMAN999PS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CONMAN999PS
Member since 2008 • 1163 Posts
damn i still need to install it
SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SBLiveEmcee
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
Agree!!
gusnitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 gusnitro
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts

Its been a while since ive played any fifas. so i dowloaded fifa 09. And thought it was pretty cool. But one thing that bugged me was that it was little choppy.

When its just you and the goaly. Its pretty smooth. But once it gets into the stadium. its pretty nasty.

lauchaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 lauchaz
PES IS AND WILL BE MUCH BETTER THAN FIFA, wow fifa looks retarded next to juiced up PES... and this coming from a FIFA fan since 96..... HAHAHA
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
[QUOTE="andymanu"][QUOTE="foossilo"]

its an improvment. Too much like euro. And euro is too much like PES. FIFA is still an arcade game though, but its closing in on becoming an actual footbal simulation. No matter what, PES has by far the best gameplay. JUST FIX ALL THE OTHER FEATURES. Mix PES gameplay and FIFA's gloss, golden game.

IGN UK review of PES2008: 9.2 (Gameplay recieved a 10)

IGN review of FIFA: 6.5 (Gameplay recieved a 6.5)

I'd take gameplay over graphics and gloss anyday.

And if anyone uses gamespot's review as an argument.....LOL at all of gamespot reviews

signore

Why in the blue hell are you using IGN's review as an argument for! you really trust that review when in game there is an ign logo plastered everywhere when you play a game?

theres nothing more pathetic than these PES clownboys coming here and claiming PES is still the football gaming king, especially pointing at their realism. What is realistic about PES? FIFA requires skill, to think like an actual footballer to score, in PES you can just get your best player, start at your own goal and just use the turbo speed button and get past everybody.

and this is comin from someone who swore by the PES series for a while, up until last years FIFA renaissance, and Konami's garbage

I have never owned a PES game. Only FIFA. FIFA 08 was garbage. Everything was stiff. Its like the player were robots. AND THE THROUGH PASSES SUCKED!!! How can you call this a football sim when through passes don't actually exist? What ever happened to that beautiful through pass between the center backs?Of course every FIFA is going to continue to improve. The game suck! THere is so much room to improve. No quick free kicks in FIFA, and you're calling this the real football sim?

LOL you guys remember FIFA 06 and 07? In 06 no matter what, if you tried to run down the line, the defender would always get you. THen in FIFA 07, no matter what, the guy would always get past you down the line. Thats a sim game? See, so much room for improvment for FIFA.

I was disappointed with PES 08 features. Gameplay wise, PES won me over, but the presentation, music, and online...blagh.

If they fix this in 09, PES will dominate. And LOL about you saying how in PES you can just outrun everybody. Did you play FIFA 07? In FIFA 08, it still exists, but not as bad. You can use drogba to go by everybody. The trick stick is way too powerful in FIFA 08 as well. FIFA 08 also took PES' button configuration.

You can play FIFA if you want, but comparing FIFA with PES is like comparing MLS to EPL. MLS is garbage btw, they have playoffs.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#58 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts

I didn't really like Fifa 08 too much, it felt too stiff and like someone else said, the through balls, I don't even know what went wrong there. It felt like wherever I wanted to make a through pass, the trajectory would change just slightly enough so that the play didn't work. Euro 2008 seemed to correct these issues, but now it feels like they've gone back to the old 08 style again. Oh well, I'll wait for the final build.

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 foossilo

I didn't really like Fifa 08 too much, it felt too stiff and like someone else said, the through balls, I don't even know what went wrong there. It felt like wherever I wanted to make a through pass, the trajectory would change just slightly enough so that the play didn't work. Euro 2008 seemed to correct these issues, but now it feels like they've gone back to the old 08 style again. Oh well, I'll wait for the final build.

allnamestaken

I enjoyed Euro. That was a greatt footy game. I wish EA would focus much more on gameplay rather than little stuff like"custom celebration". That was stupid

laptop12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 laptop12
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts
it was just appeared more something, and disappeared something too. like we can play a whole match, use more club, but we can do full thing in instant replay (roling camera, so i cannot see the grafik clearly), the color looks not artistic like pc version, althought the simple grafik in pc:question: (my opinion)
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#61 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts

i loved the demo :(supa_badman

me 1 :(

Everything feels much better to me

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12397 Posts
PES looks and feels much worse than Fifa, to me PES feels like an arcade soccer game rather than a real soccer game.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

Ok i think my perspective should be taken as im ranked higher than all of yous in fifa 08 and will put yous on show anyday:P. I really liked fifa 08, I mastered the scoring, passing, dribbling etc but this fifa 09 has a different feeling to it.IMO the game should not be changed, fifa 08 was perfect, maybe just improve the speed and so but leave it as it is. The way you use to score in 08 doesnt work in 09 and shots from outside the box seem to go outv the stadium even if you barely press the shoot button. Im a PES fan but gotta admit fifa was better last year.......hope the real fifa 09 game is much different to demo.....8)devil_mehdi96

now i realize why some of you are hating on the demo,, its because you were good at fifa 08, and now suck at 09 hhaha thats lame. You were probably good at 08 because the game was scripted, there was like 3 ways to score, and the rest were off of turnovers,, this has been adressed 09 has much more fluidity and scoring a goal takes way more effort with better sense of accomplishment.

I wont address any PES response because the second they say PES 08 was superior to FIFA 08 and 09, they lose all credibility. The only improvement on the new PES is that they added CL liscence, everything else looks dated and stale like last years

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 foossilo

[QUOTE="devil_mehdi96"]Ok i think my perspective should be taken as im ranked higher than all of yous in fifa 08 and will put yous on show anyday:P. I really liked fifa 08, I mastered the scoring, passing, dribbling etc but this fifa 09 has a different feeling to it.IMO the game should not be changed, fifa 08 was perfect, maybe just improve the speed and so but leave it as it is. The way you use to score in 08 doesnt work in 09 and shots from outside the box seem to go outv the stadium even if you barely press the shoot button. Im a PES fan but gotta admit fifa was better last year.......hope the real fifa 09 game is much different to demo.....8)signore

now i realize why some of you are hating on the demo,, its because you were good at fifa 08, and now suck at 09 hhaha thats lame. You were probably good at 08 because the game was scripted, there was like 3 ways to score, and the rest were off of turnovers,, this has been adressed 09 has much more fluidity and scoring a goal takes way more effort with better sense of accomplishment.

I wont address any PES response because the second they say PES 08 was superior to FIFA 08 and 09, they lose all credibility. The only improvement on the new PES is that they added CL liscence, everything else looks dated and stale like last years

wait......what did you see about scoring in FIFA 08?!

ROFL LMAO!!!!

Of course FIFA keeps on getting improved, there is so much room for improvment.

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 foossilo

PES looks and feels much worse than Fifa, to me PES feels like an arcade soccer game rather than a real soccer game.Nonstop-Madness

how? IN fifa 06, you just held "Defend" and no matter what, you would get the player. No need to actually time your tackles.

In fifa 07, no matter what, no one could stop you running down the line.

Now in 08, the attacking thing still exists, but everything is so stiff. Trick stick is way too powerful. Through passes....ya.....lol...shooting is way too easy, goalies are dumber than Bush, advantage is properly implemented (when someone breaks my leg, and advantage plays on, I expect the ref to give a card once the play is over), no quick free kicks, you can't interact with your wall (10 man wall is awesome), no diving (lol, you're portugese, you guys love it lol, im kidding, but the diving in PES is really hard to get it to work). I also love how, if your player gets tackled badly, they take him out on the side, and treat him, and sometimes he comes back on, but sometimes he is injured.

If you are going to say that FIFA is not an arcade game, prove your point

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 foossilo
bump
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

[QUOTE="Nonstop-Madness"]PES looks and feels much worse than Fifa, to me PES feels like an arcade soccer game rather than a real soccer game.foossilo

how? IN fifa 06, you just held "Defend" and no matter what, you would get the player. No need to actually time your tackles.

In fifa 07, no matter what, no one could stop you running down the line.

Now in 08, the attacking thing still exists, but everything is so stiff. Trick stick is way too powerful. Through passes....ya.....lol...shooting is way too easy, goalies are dumber than Bush, advantage is properly implemented (when someone breaks my leg, and advantage plays on, I expect the ref to give a card once the play is over), no quick free kicks, you can't interact with your wall (10 man wall is awesome), no diving (lol, you're portugese, you guys love it lol, im kidding, but the diving in PES is really hard to get it to work). I also love how, if your player gets tackled badly, they take him out on the side, and treat him, and sometimes he comes back on, but sometimes he is injured.

If you are going to say that FIFA is not an arcade game, prove your point

Word.

i think a thread of PES vs FIFA facts by players will be awesome when the PES 09 demo hits the Store, seriously, i'm waiting for it and see you guys in that thread when the demo is available.

johanlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 johanlee
Member since 2004 • 305 Posts

I enjoyed the demo, alot! But I still think PES is, and will be, better than FIFA:)

Sekiam

is PES09 demo available yet?

moka85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 moka85
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

here is what i thought about it

i played this demo, it looks better than fifa 08 lil' bit

but the gameplay is not fun, i mean come'on 90% of ur shots will go with the wind although i didn't fill the power that much

passing from a defender with/without tricks is just HUGE pain in the butt, the defender plays a super hero role

i hope that pes2009 is better than 2008 or we will have another year of football epic fail!

olliegoody3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 olliegoody3r
IMO, fifa 09 demo is worse than fifa 08. But then again, i still prefer it to PES2008. Im hoping that either fifa 09 real game is better than the demo, or if pes2009 is better than fifa 09, i may become a pes fan.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 foossilo

IMO, fifa 09 demo is worse than fifa 08. But then again, i still prefer it to PES2008. Im hoping that either fifa 09 real game is better than the demo, or if pes2009 is better than fifa 09, i may become a pes fan.olliegoody3r

did you like Euro? That was exactly like PES. I hated PES before, but FIFA 08 made me switch over. I'm so happy they fixed the shooting in PES 2008. I hope PES 2009 is good. FIFA 09 looks like improved crap

fnd461

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 fnd461
Member since 2005 • 179 Posts
Personally, I think they're heading to a good direction if more tweaking is done. PES 2008 was disappointing, so this year, I'm getting FIFA to see if it'll disappoints.
flashytoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#73 flashytoken
Member since 2008 • 147 Posts
No it's called football
burek123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 burek123

first of all... half of you guys dont know anything about football... the fifa demo was amazing for a demo at-least... Pes is the same **** every year. almost no changes. fifa on the other hand makes improvements evey year. i admit, fifa 08 and all the previous fifa games had alot to work on... but this year it heavily enchanced its gameplay. for example the passing is so quick and fluid, graphics did actually improve since fifa 08 its much more crisp and clear. another thing is the goalies are much better than fifa 08 and responsive. and when you shoot the ball its much more realistic. they also added a new physics technique, tackles are just amazing and jumping for the ball to get a header is amazing and realistic. also when you do tricks its much quicker and responsive.

whoever says the new fifa is arcade and not simulation is wrong... i know what football is i live in croatia, and they live for football,i watch football games almost every day and i can tell that fifa 09 is both arcade and simulation meaning that it is both fun and realistic.

you guys are wondering how i know this well... i live in europe and they get fifa earlier, on the 3rd of october. i got it the first day.and i can tell you it is worth getting over PES 09. And yes, i played PES 09 and it sucks. i dont expect ignorant PES fans to listen to what i have to say but... it is their loss.

I recommend Fifa 09... highly! Im no FIFA OR PES fan, i just love football and thats why i am enjoying fifa 09.

burek123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 burek123

first of all... half of you guys dont know anything about football... the fifa demo was amazing for a demo at-least... Pes is the same **** every year. almost no changes. fifa on the other hand makes improvements evey year. i admit, fifa 08 and all the previous fifa games had alot to work on... but this year it heavily enchanced its gameplay. for example the passing is so quick and fluid, graphics did actually improve since fifa 08 its much more crisp and clear. another thing is the goalies are much better than fifa 08 and responsive. and when you shoot the ball its much more realistic. they also added a new physics technique, tackles are just amazing and jumping for the ball to get a header is amazing and realistic. also when you do tricks its much quicker and responsive.

whoever says the new fifa is arcade and not simulation is wrong... i know what football is i live in croatia, and they live for football,i watch football games almost every day and i can tell that fifa 09 is both arcade and simulation meaning that it is both fun and realistic.

you guys are wondering how i know this well... i live in europe and they get fifa earlier, on the 3rd of october. i got it the first day.and i can tell you it is worth getting over PES 09. And yes, i played PES 09 and it sucks. i dont expect ignorant PES fans to listen to what i have to say but... it is their loss.

I recommend Fifa 09... highly! Im no FIFA OR PES fan, i just love football and thats why i am enjoying fifa 09.

daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts
I bought fifa the other day, it is an amazing game and should be crowned the best football game ever. It has everything.
Mitten123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#77 Mitten123
Member since 2008 • 402 Posts

This demo was really disappointing for me. the gameplay feels super duper fake. the animations look fake. This is just heartbreaking. FIFA 08 and UEFA were awesome. The art direction looks like FOD as well. what the hell happened?SBLiveEmcee

I agree...I slated the demo - numerous times on here...then played the pro evo demo and thought Fifa just edged it - so bought it on releaase day...my god....the demo must of been from some other game or something - the real game is amazing!

burek123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 burek123
yo you are right.. i posted a comment too... read it lol.
burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#79 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts
I just bought FIFA 09, and I am/was a PES fanboy. I am at work at the moment so I can't play it but will report tonight after playing it.
DarkStar4565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#80 DarkStar4565
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

i thought it was awesomeNSR34GTR

agreed

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
Where can I play the FIFA 09 demo? I checked the UK store and there is only the PES 09 demo I played that and it felt the same as the previous PES games.
daftdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 daftdog
Member since 2003 • 910 Posts

Where can I play the FIFA 09 demo? I checked the UK store and there is only the PES 09 demo I played that and it felt the same as the previous PES games.Star650

Fifa 09 should be on the store somehwre i downloaded it the other day before i bought it yesterday. Demo is not v.good anyway just go buy it. Zaavi have it for £35 or Blockbuster have it for £34.99 + a free football and £5 off any other game! Best deals so far in the UK.

mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts

I just bought FIFA 09, and I am/was a PES fanboy. I am at work at the moment so I can't play it but will report tonight after playing it.burock76

I'll wait for your report :)

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

[QUOTE="Star650"]Where can I play the FIFA 09 demo? I checked the UK store and there is only the PES 09 demo I played that and it felt the same as the previous PES games.daftdog

Fifa 09 should be on the store somehwre i downloaded it the other day before i bought it yesterday. Demo is not v.good anyway just go buy it. Zaavi have it for £35 or Blockbuster have it for £34.99 + a free football and £5 off any other game! Best deals so far in the UK.

Ok thanks.

sub-raid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#85 sub-raid
Member since 2006 • 1613 Posts

This demo was really disappointing for me. the gameplay feels super duper fake. the animations look fake. This is just heartbreaking. FIFA 08 and UEFA were awesome. The art direction looks like FOD as well. what the hell happened?SBLiveEmcee

what are u crazy fifa 09 is fine the way it is the demo was so good i am getting this game for sure

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#86 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts

[QUOTE="burock76"]I just bought FIFA 09, and I am/was a PES fanboy. I am at work at the moment so I can't play it but will report tonight after playing it.mirko_j

I'll wait for your report :)

Well I have played FIFA 09 for about 4 hours yesterday and the following words come from a former PES fan. I would love to see PES with this kind of improvements but FIFA has done it all. Here it goes;

First of all the game is very realistic, it's hard to score and you can't fly past the defenders as easily as you used to. Which is a good thing. You have to time your jumps, passes and shots in order to get good results. Also for PES players; as if EA knew that more PES players were going to get FIFA, you can assign the exact same button configuration as PES, so you don't feel uncomfortable with the controls. (a nice detail I wanted to share)

The movements seem very lifelike and you don't see anything out of the ordinary as far as the movement goes. The player drops according to the direction of the impact. The tricks are fairly easy but in the tension of the game I think more experienced players would remember to do these. The graphics are beautiful as always with FIFA. The gameplay is not as fast as WE games which I think adds to the reality, seeing open players waving their hands for open spaces, choosing the way of goal celebrations are but little details which takes FIFA even closer to the real game.

The licensing is once more taken very seriously by EA. I don't think they have left any unlicensed league in the game. And they are very up to date with the recent transfers, news etc.

There seems to be little problems with online play though. You can find random matches quiet easily, but if you want to create a custom match you keep getting (well that's what happened to me at least) "the EA servers are not available right now" or " the max. amount of lobbies are reached" I think EA will sort that out shortly because most of the world wwill be playing this game in my opinion.

Saying this makes me a bit sad but I've never played a PES game at this quality. Being a former PES fan FIFA ha won over my heart and I don't think I will be getting PES this year since you have got everything the sport has to offer in FIFA 09.

I would really recommend to all the lovers of the game if they want to experience a real thrill of a football.