FIFA 09 Demo was not good

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SBLiveEmcee
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts
This demo was really disappointing for me. the gameplay feels super duper fake. the animations look fake. This is just heartbreaking. FIFA 08 and UEFA were awesome. The art direction looks like FOD as well. what the hell happened?
mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts

This demo was really disappointing for me. the gameplay feels super duper fake. the animations look fake. This is just heartbreaking. FIFA 08 and UEFA were awesome. The art direction looks like FOD as well. what the hell happened?SBLiveEmcee

yeah, I was dissapointed too. It was also too short, I mean you are trying to get a feel of the gameplay and the game is over. I am still interested in the online team mode though.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Maybe it was an early build, but I sort of agree.
gbpman630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gbpman630
Member since 2003 • 2795 Posts
Yeah, it looks just like last year's, but plays worse.
SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SBLiveEmcee

yeah hopefully the final build quality will be spot on. I would threaten to leave and get pro evo but last years played rather nasty. The online was a total mess

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Football games suck anyways....
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

God from reading this i must be the only person on here which enjoyed it.

Also PES needs to give me a years training with the England football team before I buy this years game after the well woeful game of 08

Sekiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Sekiam
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

Also PES needs to give me a years training with the England football team before I buy this years game after the well woeful game of 08

alstevens83

I enjoyed the demo, alot! But I still think PES is, and will be, better than FIFA:)

SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SBLiveEmcee
The Pitch on PES looks like green sand
Sekiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Sekiam

The Pitch on PES looks like green sandSBLiveEmcee

That may be true, but gameplay-wise, there's no comparison.:)

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 alstevens83

What the unconsistance game play?

Trust me 10 of my mates who have played last years PES said and i qoute "PES can f**k off, i am never playing that game series again"

Last year's game was woefully bad and was out gunned and out classed by last years Fifa

Sekiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sekiam

What the unconsistance game play?

Trust me 10 of my mates who have played last years PES said and i qoute "PES can f**k off, i am never playing that game series again"

Last year's game was woefully bad and was out gunned and out classed by last years Fifa

alstevens83

Well, you're friends are in for a treat:)

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 alstevens83

Why, because they have the champions league and there version of be a superstar mode?

Sorry unless PES is almost perfect in every aspect (game play, online visuals ect) they (like myself) are going to boycott the game

SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SBLiveEmcee
The online in PES was so wretched that I(dare i say) traded it in at gamestop!!! and for like 12 dollars 2 days after i had paid 60.00 for it. That game is a scab
NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
i thought it was awesome
Grizzly_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grizzly_7
Member since 2007 • 158 Posts

dont jump to conclusion u know what I Mean?

Fifa 08's demo seemed wackkk to me but when I actually played the game I couldnt stop...

andymanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 andymanu
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts
Your all crazy it's waay better than 08, no crazy keepers who get lost at sea from a simple cross and slower but bigger players have a chance against fast players thanks to the new jostling system and when i score i get that sence of reward feeling that i used to get from pro because you have to be creative to get your chances.I just hope the online works well and we will find out who the top players are instead of who can abuse you with ronaldo or the barcelona attack the best or who can pass it accross the goal line the best. Defo day 1 purchase me, well i was gonna get it day 1 demo or no demo.
supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts
i loved the demo :(
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
[QUOTE="alstevens83"]

Sekiam

I enjoyed the demo, alot! But I still think PES is, and will be, better than FIFA:)

I enjoyed it too, but it was not that different from FIFA 08. The moves still feel unreal, and the passes and kicks feel sometimes weird. I will wait for the PES09 demo, since PES 08 was crap, but at least the gameplay was still amazing. So if they fix all the crap things in PES08, then I will deff buy PES 09.

SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SBLiveEmcee
i agree!! People piss me off with Man U! I think the ia just cheats actually! I lost a game versus a guy. i was playing with chelsea and him with Man U and he beat me 4 goals to 1 and then i rematched. played with the chicago fire and beat the hell out of him 6 goals to nil
robobie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 robobie
Member since 2007 • 2172 Posts

Football games suck anyways....rogerjak

You suck anyway

TheKonspiracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheKonspiracy
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
i thought the demo was great.
don_mayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 don_mayo
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
btw alstevens83, ea copied be a pro mode from konami...if u did not know dat....i did not like d fifa09 demo...PES2009 is goin 2 be really gud this year...
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 alstevens83

btw alstevens83, ea copied be a pro mode from konami...if u did not know dat....i did not like d fifa09 demo...PES2009 is goin 2 be really gud this year...don_mayo

Did they, i am sure that PES 08 didn't have that feature on the game, they had the same boring set up, fair play if you think PES is going to be a better game then all power to you, me personally I dont have any real hopes for 09 of PES thanks to in my eyes one of the worse pse games relesed (and considering I have played all of them on PS2 and was (key word WAS) a big fan of the series that is saying something), however i dont want to be accused of being a Fifa fanboy so i will give the 09 PES demo a try then i will make up my own mind, but as i said and I shale carry on saying I was impressed with EA demo

Javinho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Javinho
Member since 2008 • 20472 Posts

i thought the demo was good

its not terrible

LeonPrz7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LeonPrz7
Member since 2007 • 68 Posts

its called soccer

don_mayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 don_mayo
Member since 2005 • 98 Posts
it wasnt in pes08 but it was in a J-league 2007 version of d game n it was called fantasista mode which was b4 be-a-pro mode
RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

its called soccer

LeonPrz7
Sorry but you are wrong , English already played football in the 15th century(history channel ftw) , how about usa?It didnt even exist so stop it please, it is football.
foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts

its an improvment. Too much like euro. And euro is too much like PES. FIFA is still an arcade game though, but its closing in on becoming an actual footbal simulation. No matter what, PES has by far the best gameplay. JUST FIX ALL THE OTHER FEATURES. Mix PES gameplay and FIFA's gloss, golden game.

IGN UK review of PES2008: 9.2 (Gameplay recieved a 10)

IGN review of FIFA: 6.5 (Gameplay recieved a 6.5)

I'd take gameplay over graphics and gloss anyday.

And if anyone uses gamespot's review as an argument.....LOL at all of gamespot reviews

foossilo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 foossilo
Member since 2004 • 715 Posts
[QUOTE="LeonPrz7"]

its called soccer

RoOodriGowW

Sorry but you are wrong , English already played football in the 15th century(history channel ftw) , how about usa?It didnt even exist so stop it please, it is football.

this. Next thing you know, hockey will be called football just because you sometimes use your foot with the puck.

comeon123987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 comeon123987
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts
Demos are never good for me

1324-1.jpg picture by Ivan_Sasukeawdsdf.jpg picture by Ivan_Sasuke

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

its an improvment. Too much like euro. And euro is too much like PES. FIFA is still an arcade game though, but its closing in on becoming an actual footbal simulation. No matter what, PES has by far the best gameplay. JUST FIX ALL THE OTHER FEATURES. Mix PES gameplay and FIFA's gloss, golden game.

And if anyone uses gamespot's review as an argument.....LOL at all of gamespot reviews

foossilo
So the true football taste is not dead.Totally agree with you!
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

lol da hell @ this topic..

this demo was ok, i like the graphics ALOT and the goal keeping is improved from what i feel. gonna buy this on day 1

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

I enjoyed it.

Off the ball gameplay seemed alot better.

Your team mates making different runs and calling for the ball looked so great.

Everything seemed to be improved.

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

Would the TC or anybody care to explain why this demo was not good? they improved on 08's gameplay in virtually every way. The only disappointing part was how short the demo was.

I played PES for 5 years, switched to fifa last year (after PES's atrocity), and wont switch anytime soon. Sure, the CL liscense is cool, but ive seen gameplay vids of PES 09', and it looks exactly like last years rubbish. Konami was scared to release this week, because it would show how bad it is in comparison and thats a fact

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Would the TC or anybody care to explain why this demo was not good? they improved on 08's gameplay in virtually every way. The only disappointing part was how short the demo was.

I played PES for 5 years, switched to fifa last year (after PES's atrocity), and wont switch anytime soon. Sure, the CL liscense is cool, but ive seen gameplay vids of PES 09', and it looks exactly like last years rubbish. Konami was scared to release this week, because it would show how bad it is in comparison and thats a fact

signore

indeed. PES hasn't stepped up to the current gen, the developers are still on last gen development.

I won't buy PES until they show that they have improved by alot.

SBLiveEmcee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SBLiveEmcee

The art direction seems a bit...cartoonish! I mean cmon I expected more realism by way of graphics. Not that graphics are everything, its similar to what they did with fifa street. why does fifa street 2 on ps2 look better than fifa street 3 on ps3 and xbox360. The players lok like they are running extremely fast but they arent actually going anywhere! The motion looks ridiculous. I honestly like the animations on Fifa 08 over what this demo has shown. Why do the players look so damn skinny? Didier Drogba isnt frail! hey all look tall and frail pretty much.

Maybe I should go back and play it longer to see if it grows on me. But i honestly thought they would use the same enhancements that were implemented in UEFA which I thought were awesome...except for the fact that they only had euro teams. Control may be better on 09 but the look of it is totally throwing me off.

And to hell with PES! Maybe im the only one that doesnt think the gameplay is good. How can the gameplay be good when the animations look like crap? ugh! Sliding tackles have no...well..."slide" to them. The ball moves like it is coated in mud. The pitch looks awful. PES 08 looks like a super nintendo game. I had alot harder time getting the hang of PES than Fifa.

Hiddren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Hiddren
Member since 2008 • 1146 Posts
This demo was really disappointing for me. the gameplay feels super duper fake. the animations look fake. This is just heartbreaking. FIFA 08 and UEFA were awesome. The art direction looks like FOD as well. what the hell happened?SBLiveEmcee
I have not tried it yet but EA are still working on it.
TraXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 TraXxX
Member since 2006 • 1820 Posts
EA messed it up! They took a step back this year. FIFA 08 was probably the greatest soccer game i've played but they totally messed it up with 09. It feels so arcady now and a lot like FIFA 07. I was really looking forward to this game and I have to say I'm really disappointed.
Blinkensnout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Blinkensnout
Member since 2008 • 193 Posts

I must admit i did feel pretty let down by the demo but then i scored a goal and controlled the celebration!!!! LMAO how cool!!!! played it for a while now and my opinion is changing on it and i think the final build will be spot on!!! yes there are some teathing problems at the minute but i am sure all will be sorted :D i would say that it does feel a little more realistic than 08 and the fact that the keeper doesnt hold onto everything is a boost also. and o yeah we have a ref and linesmen now on the pitch!!!

heres hoping the games a winner!!!!! :D :D

andymanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 andymanu
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts

foossilo

Why in the blue hell are you using IGN's review as an argument for! you really trust that review when in game there is an ign logo plastered everywhere when you play a game?

signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 signore
[QUOTE="foossilo"]

andymanu

Why in the blue hell are you using IGN's review as an argument for! you really trust that review when in game there is an ign logo plastered everywhere when you play a game?

theres nothing more pathetic than these PES clownboys coming here and claiming PES is still the football gaming king, especially pointing at their realism. What is realistic about PES? FIFA requires skill, to think like an actual footballer to score, in PES you can just get your best player, start at your own goal and just use the turbo speed button and get past everybody.

and this is comin from someone who swore by the PES series for a while, up until last years FIFA renaissance, and Konami's garbage

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts

Yeah man i hated the demo so much and i have FIFA 08, i will wait for the PES demo, i don't think the final product will change from this demo to the final FIFA 09.

thanks to this demo i will probably get the PES.

Seriously, everything in this new fifa it's so so fake, the game it's coming in less than a month

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
I spent all that time downloading it and I am so deppressed. I thought "Hey I'm going to get Fifa 09 it will own Pes 09" but I guess I'm wrong. Also I know the team feature in online seems so good but did you guys hear that PES 09 will involve CO-OP Mode online? So 2 people from 1 house can play another 2 that is awsome. Fifa will always suck.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 signore

wow, what is wrong with fifa 09, i cant fathom your complaints. I dont know what you want out of a football sim. 08 was a good game, but the goals were far too scripted and repetitive, button responsiveness was horrible and it was nearly impossible to take on players,, all these issues have been addressed. I know you guys are just the minority, any credible reviewer will notice these improvements.

Youre all probably just upset because the game on demo is so short, go play NBA Jam soccer,,, i mean PES 09

kerching

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kerching
Member since 2005 • 353 Posts
I REALLY! liked the demo carnt wait for the game.. the only thing that did annoy me was when the final whistle went... I WANNA PLAY LONGER :(
Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
someone knows when the PES demo is coming? i miss the old good PES games, this Fifa demos it's like a bad patch of fifa 08
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 signore

someone knows when the PES demo is coming? i miss the old good PES games, this Fifa demos it's like a bad patch of fifa 08Fitipali

WTF are you talking about? can everybody explain how this demo is "crap", and give reasons? If you like FIFA 08', like i did, this game should be great to you.

jharknett01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jharknett01
Member since 2005 • 162 Posts

it should be noted that the game displayed in the demo is obviously still an early build, several transfers that went through in the last week or so have not been made, such as cissee on loan to sunderland. Therefore the dev team working on it have more than likely used an early build, and scaled down graphics n sound to minimise download size

And personally i think that the demos is good, slightly lacking in some places, jus hope my theories right :D