dude, what is the DEAL with PS3 download times???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on this
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisslvrraven9

Get faster internet.

My downloads go 1mb/sec which is fast. PS3 online for me is fast.My internet is supplied by Rogers Hi-Speed, and I get 8mb/sec download speed.

So you want it to go faster, get better internet.

Otherwise, ensure you have a wired connection - and nothing else is running on your network while downloading things on the PS3. (eg. Shut off your PC while playing PS3)

deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisLtColJaxson

Get faster internet.

My downloads go 1mb/sec which is fast. PS3 online for me is fast.My internet is supplied by Rogers Hi-Speed, and I get 8mb/sec download speed.

and the downloads are gonna get faster soon cause sony signed wit some company forgot the name and there gonna send a patch wit a firmware to quicken download times

etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
my demo and patch downloads take anywhere from 15-30 mins to finish, where as on my 360 demos download in 5 mins and patches take less then 30 secs.
Demeritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Demeritus
Member since 2008 • 269 Posts
i havent had speed issues downloading stuff, i got a 3 meg connection at home and at school its a t1 i think so i have no problems, check your connection and perhaps resetting it might make it faster but it depends who you go through
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LtColJaxson
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisdeon99

Get faster internet.

and the downloads are gonna get faster soon cause sony signed wit some company forgot the name and there gonna send a patch wit a firmware to quicken download times

It's true. I heard that too, and my mind has blanked about what the company is called too! lol

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 slvrraven9

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisLtColJaxson

Get faster internet.

Otherwise, ensure you have a wired connection - and nothing else is running on your network while downloading things on the PS3. (eg. Shut off your PC while playing PS3)

i got time warner cables road runner turbo speed wich clocks at speeds up to 17mbps. if that isnt fast enough then i dont know what else to get...i got all my other computers turned off same for my consoles. the ps3 is the only one running...i cant wait for that firmware update to become active. any idea on when thats supposed to happen???

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
The longest time I've got form a d/l was like 6hrs and it was day 1 with the DMC4 demo. The others d/l in about 30 mins tops.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LtColJaxson
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisslvrraven9

Get faster internet.

i got time warner cables road runner turbo speed wich clocks at speeds up to 17mbps. if that isnt fast enough then i dont know what else to get...i got all my other computers turned off same for my consoles. the ps3 is the only one running...i cant wait for that firmware update to become active. any idea on when thats supposed to happen???

That's strange that your internet is so fast, but the downloads go slow. I don't know.

But as someone already said, Sony is gonna be upgrading the service to go faster sooner or later. So you'll just have to wait.

footfoe2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 footfoe2
Member since 2007 • 3014 Posts

let it download over night while your "folding at home" thats the only solution just get used to it, man.

Zombies!!

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts

why does it matter how fast the download is? Its not like we have to watch the screen while doing nothing else is going on. I remember at the beginning where we had to download and not do anything until the download was finished. Horrible times. lol

rsoxguy12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 rsoxguy12
Member since 2007 • 1602 Posts

why does it matter how fast the download is? Its not like we have to watch the screen while doing nothing else is going on. I remember at the beginning where we had to download and not do anything until the download was finished. Horrible times. lol

BrettB7400

that seems soo long ago lol

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 slvrraven9

mabey it has to do withthe fact that i JUSt bought my ps3 like a week ago and this is the first REAL time im spending with it. i just got my hdmi cables in the mail today and i had refused to play it with the dang composite cables. but could it be because i have the 80 gig version? is there some dl problem with those versus the 60 gig or 40 gig?

also i AM using my ps3 wirelessly but i checked my sig strength and everything is top notch....yeah i guess you guys are right...ill just have to put up with it until the patch comes out...whenever that is? aside from this i think the ps3 is great and im dying to play motorstorm online. hey anyone can add me on to their friends list too by the way...my username is "DrFeloni"

hopefully ill see some of you online pretty soon

mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisslvrraven9

Get faster internet.

I have the same service and they download real fast.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 slvrraven9
well im trying to download the update for the motorstorm update for multiplayer play, and during that screen all you can do is cxl the download or wait
somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts
considering the old method of getting game demos was going to the store and stealing them from OPM, I think waiting 30 minutes doesn't sound too bad.
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slvrraven9
[QUOTE="slvrraven9"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="slvrraven9"]i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thismozesx

Get faster internet.

I have the same service and they download real fast.

yeah they do man....especially since the speed increase for the internet service. they used to top out at somewhere around 7mbps a couple years ago

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

In Japan, downloading takes less than a minute :(

NA gets screwed over a bit, but considering the other stuff NA gets, we really shouldn't be complaining.

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 somesthetic
Member since 2004 • 3344 Posts

NA gets screwed over a bit, but considering the other stuff NA gets, we really shouldn't be complaining.

hazelnutman

its easy to have a fast network when your country is a small island.

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
It's your interenet speed. I live at home but also go away to school. I am home right now for spring break and have found that the downloads on the PS3 are MUCH slower here than at my house near school. It all comes down to yuor internet speed.
catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]

somesthetic

its easy to have a fast network when your country is a small island.

There's your solution topic creator, move to Japan lol.

On a serious note, have you had any problems with online i.e. not connecting?

Avatar image for Uberbadassmufuh
Uberbadassmufuh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Uberbadassmufuh
Member since 2004 • 1006 Posts

It could also be physical location relative to the servers. I don't know where the PSN servers are in North America. I can confirm that the DL's are quite fast (bottleneck is my connection, not theirs) in Los Angeles.

PS3videos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PS3videos
Member since 2007 • 834 Posts

PSN download times are slow. Assuming you have broadband, it's not because of your internet. PSN servers just aren't the greatest. Stuff, the same demos, downloads much faster on my 360.

dreadgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dreadgames
Member since 2006 • 34 Posts
That stinks, I use a wireless connection and even with my comp turned on it only took about 45min to dl Paradise
Jking98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 Jking98
Member since 2003 • 1313 Posts
heres my speed of my internet.
gwf123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gwf123
Member since 2007 • 411 Posts
holy cow urs nearly triples mine ur dl speed that is but My ping is better
Jking98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Jking98
Member since 2003 • 1313 Posts
lol but my ping isnt that bad
neovalkyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 neovalkyr
Member since 2003 • 1097 Posts
If you have a good connection, then chances are you probably just have a bad connection with sony.
Mrbiggerdems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mrbiggerdems
Member since 2005 • 554 Posts
well, heres mine
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
my download clock out at 100kb, my internet sucks, i live out in the country.
deerdance114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deerdance114
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I just started downloading the psn version of BF3 and when i did the math it looks like its gonna take about 8 hours!!!!
OceansBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OceansBloom
Member since 2011 • 91 Posts
Yeah, it's internet speed. I'm wireless, but my router is right beside my setup, and I get pretty good download speed. My other PS3 across the hall gets bad download speed. The WiFi is a bit sensitive.
23Jarek23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 23Jarek23
Member since 2009 • 2647 Posts

i dont consider myselfimpatient by any means....but waiting hours upon hours on end for a dl for a demo or just to play multiplayer for a game is F'in REDICULOUS. is there some way to shorten the time, seriously someone help me on thisslvrraven9

It's Ridiculous...and it's not PSN, my Internets fast and my DL's are really quick.

Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

NECRRROOOOoOOOOOoooo!

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#35 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
It's fine for me. Through a wired connection I can get 1.2 MB per sec of downloading.
4NGoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 4NGoods
Member since 2007 • 1030 Posts
I just started downloading the psn version of BF3 and when i did the math it looks like its gonna take about 8 hours!!!!deerdance114
seriously? you've just revived a 4 year old thread?
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

slowdownload_2.jpg

my download speeds are fine

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ps3 has nothing to do with your dl times...its either you have a really slow internet or you background dl everything so thats why its slow....i can dl a demo 1+gb in 10-15 minutes at most...dcuo which was 17 gigs in a couple of hours...

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Dude, get use to it, it is just the way it is with PS3. Nothing is wrong with your internet.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
ya this thread is from 2008 but the slow dl is a psn problem not the internet provider. xbl downloads are a lot faster
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

My downloads seemed much faster a few months ago with there being no change in my connection speed.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts

This was a problem in 2008, and it is still a problem in 2012...obviously. There is nothing wrong with my internet connection; my PC downloads excellently, and so does the Xbox. You don't have to go three years of college studying electronics and computer hardware/software to understand that the PS3 is limiting the DL speed someway... it's just basic troubleshooting. I can download 1 Gb of data during 5-10 minutes on my pc. The Ps3 takes 6 hours! downloading that very same content! My Ps3 says my signal strength is top notch. It is true that this problem SEEMS to disappear when I PLAY games online (or if it just doesn't drain the same bandwidth). Some people say that they use WiFi and their PS3 can download just like mine SHOULD be doing. Are there any different (hardware-wise) when it comes to the PS3 Fat, and the PS3 Slim when it comes to the modems/WiFi?

Avatar image for doolindesperado
doolindesperado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 doolindesperado
Member since 2004 • 296 Posts

took me over two days to download the splinter cell triolgy. I could of walked to my local game store, which is six miles away and gotten it faster.