Does anyone think MGS4 has a short storyline?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Davyvfr
Member since 2008 • 789 Posts
I've been playing Far Cry 2 for a while and there's so much missions and objectives to do. Basically, I thought MGS4 had a short storline and ends quickly. I completed the game on Liquid easy in 3 hours. I really liked all the cool gadgets but the storline was short.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
3 hours? You're either grossly exaggerating or are a very poor liar. There's around double that just in cutscenes :|.
d_ano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 1

#3 d_ano
Member since 2005 • 2522 Posts

amm no i dont. looking back at my game save my final game save was done after 23hours of playing. that is a lot of play time for a single player game. and i really rushed through the game because i just wanted to know more and more about the story. my second play through was much much longer because i took time to admire the work put into it

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

lmao im speechless! and like silent-hal said lol.......

MyNameisaMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 MyNameisaMeme
Member since 2009 • 661 Posts

We obviously didn't play the same MGS4.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

There is no way in logic that you have played MGS4 on Liquid Easy and saw every cutscene in the game in 3 hours.

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Davyvfr
Im not including the cut scenes. Just playtime.
irish4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 irish4eva
Member since 2008 • 570 Posts
Im not including the cut scenes. Just playtime.Davyvfr
Did you kill anyone,my first game i clocked 16 hours of gameplay :P
Thetaguru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thetaguru
Member since 2006 • 1394 Posts

Maybe he played a cheaprip off, Mental Gyro Saddle 4....

jarhead20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 jarhead20
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts

Its very long, the first playthrough I did was on liquid easy and killing almost everyone and I took me a good chunk of time, far more than 3 hours of gameplay plus all the cutscenes..

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#11 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Yea...That game was a very long a$$ game... I mean, If you think about it you must've dreamnt the whole thing in fast forward gettin to the points.....Even tho the WHOLE thing was the point..
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
You either left out the 1 or 2 in front, or a 0 at the end.
DirkXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 DirkXXVI
Member since 2008 • 498 Posts

While I enjoyed returning to certain somewhere. I still didn't like how the game kept on having you jump all over the world. To me it made the game fell a little disjointed. When I found out it took me 16 hours to beat the game I was surprised I had thought I had spent less time. Still an excellent game but I would rather have one big world to go through like the Big Shell or Shadown Moses then a bunch of relatively small locations.

Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen
Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Davyvfr
I killed a few people. I mostly just ran to the objective. I got to the part were Snake sees Liquid but doesn't kill him. Liquid then boards a helecopter and takes off. Thats the end, right? Unless I missread the timer, I think I completed the game.
atxman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 atxman06
Member since 2004 • 108 Posts

WoW! please tell me ur kidding lol.. isnt that still act 1? lawl..

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Davyvfr
I went under the game save and I read 3:11:42. I have 33,900 points to buy weapons. The only way I could see the game taking 15 hours or more is buy killing every enemy in the game. Just out of curiosity, are you including the cutscenes or playtime only?
Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Davyvfr
I dont seem to get it. So I just completed Act 1? Then why won't it let me move on? It made me install the game again. Then it brought me back to the main menu.
atxman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 atxman06

Are you sure ur not playing a demo? or something? lol because i can tell u for sure thats not how MGS4 ends.

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Davyvfr
Ok, I found the problem. When I finished Act 1 I had to install and I thought that it was going to install Act 1 again. So I cancelled the game and went to the main menu. I went back right now, installed it and found out that all what the game had to do was install Act 2. I originally thought it was going to install the same thing over again. So I found the problem. Just wondering, how many Acts are there? Thanks for your help and so the game continues.
atxman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 atxman06

Np, and i want to say there are 5 acts in total.. its a long game with ALOT of cutscenes and long ones at that.. Stick through the cutscenes and submerge yourself into the story, cause its a good one.. dont just rush through you'll only be ripping yourself off if u do that. MGS4 is truly a beautifuly made game.

Wildedge93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wildedge93
Member since 2007 • 835 Posts

Ok, I found the problem. When I finished Act 1 I had to install and I thought that it was going to install Act 1 again. So I cancelled the game and went to the main menu. I went back right now, installed it and found out that all what the game had to do was install Act 2. I originally thought it was going to install the same thing over again. So I found the problem. Just wondering, how many Acts are there? Thanks for your help and so the game continues.Davyvfr
lmao dont u feel stupid right now?? lol anyway there are 5 acts and good luck and have fun

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

This has got to be a joke topic. You skipped all the cutscenes and yet you think MGS4's storyline is short. Ok first, the storyline of Metal Gear is not only found in MGS4. It's a pretty frickin complicated long twisted but awesome storyline that no game can be matched with not to mention most Hollywood movies. MGS4 is a tip of the iceberg if you want to talk about the storyline of Metal Gear. MGS4 has 8 and half hours of detailed awesome Hollywood-like cutscenes filled with detailed story elements and EPICNESS. MGS4 is the 7th chapter in the Metal Gear storyline. You just can't say MGS4 has a short storyline because it's completely wrong. All of the seven chapters are connected to each other. Anyway, you haven't watched the cutscenes so you have no rights to judge MGS4's story at all.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 THQ88

I killed a few people. I mostly just ran to the objective. I got to the part were Snake sees Liquid but doesn't kill him. Liquid then boards a helecopter and takes off. Thats the end, right? Unless I missread the timer, I think I completed the game.Davyvfr

OMG! LOL. BEST THING EVER!!!!! LMFAO!!!

atxman06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 atxman06

lol, its all good he's seen the error in his ways. Atleast he didnt continue to be ignorant an keep saying he finished the game. But yea this thread did make me chuckle a little bit..

lordmasterrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#27 lordmasterrof
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

What the hell?! Short? You have got to either have very high standards, or be an idiot - Metal Gear Solid games probably has the longest storyline in game history - it is probably the best too... Short?! I mean, threads like this really piss me off cause i bet my ass you have never played Metal Gear Solid 1 -2 or 3... so before posting a thread like this, read the cover of the game, and if it has a number like "2" "3" or in this case "4" use your common sense, and maybe think "could there be a pre-quel" and not only that, it was so hyped, you were almost bound to know that there was a history ongoing - not only to mention you most likely would be have been like "what the **** is this" or "why is this happening" somewhere in MGS4 since you have never played the prequels... maan i'm sorry i'm sounding harsh, but it's just a stupid question you asked...

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 I_pWnzz_YoU
Member since 2007 • 6032 Posts
I killed a few people. I mostly just ran to the objective. I got to the part were Snake sees Liquid but doesn't kill him. Liquid then boards a helecopter and takes off. Thats the end, right? Unless I missread the timer, I think I completed the game.Davyvfr
Thats just...Wow...
villeseche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 villeseche
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I've heard of people beating all 5 chapters in less than 3 hours but they skip all plot and aim for a quick, stealthy finish. It took me about 18 hours my first run through. I can beat MGS1 in less than 3 hours lol.
Ermachko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ermachko
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts

I played through on naked normal for work.(which should be up soon BTW), skipping about 60% of the CS's I still clocked in @ 13:31:43. and it was my 3rd time through.

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Davyvfr

How in the world did this thread become a hot-topic? lol. Its hard to believe.... there's no purpose of the thread now.

MyNameisaMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MyNameisaMeme

How in the world did this thread become a hot-topic? lol. Its hard to believe.... there's no purpose of the thread now.

Davyvfr

Come back to it when actually beat the game and tell us what you think of the game's storyline. :P

Enjoy the game, man.

Davyvfr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Davyvfr

[QUOTE="lordmasterrof"]

What the hell?! Short? You have got to either have very high standards, or be an idiot - Metal Gear Solid games probably has the longest storyline in game history - it is probably the best too... Short?! I mean, threads like this really piss me off cause i bet my ass you have never played Metal Gear Solid 1 -2 or 3... so before posting a thread like this, read the cover of the game, and if it has a number like "2" "3" or in this case "4" use your common sense, and maybe think "could there be a pre-quel" and not only that, it was so hyped, you were almost bound to know that there was a history ongoing - not only to mention you most likely would be have been like "what the **** is this" or "why is this happening" somewhere in MGS4 since you have never played the prequels... maan i'm sorry i'm sounding harsh, but it's just a stupid question you asked...

- Yea, now its a stupid thread. However,I agree on that MGS4 has the longest storyline, but not the longest playtime. Far Cry 2 beats every game in that way. Over 50 hours of gameplay. I haven't seen a game that can top that.

MyNameisaMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MyNameisaMeme

- Yea, now its a stupid thread. However,I agree on that MGS4 has the longest storyline, but not the longest playtime. Far Cry 2 beats every game in that way. Over 50 hours of gameplay. I haven't seen a game that can top that.

Davyvfr

There are so many games that top 50 hours!! Try just about any RPG.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 I_pWnzz_YoU

Davyvfr
Because your posts could be in YLYL.
teck157713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 teck157713
Member since 2008 • 364 Posts

thats is pretty funny...the first time i played MGS4 with big boss hard difficulty i complete in 40hrs...do u see naomi hunter during the cutscenes when liquid n snake face each other oru hav a 3D-fighting with liquid be4 the end?

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

well if you take out the cutscenes, it probably wouldnt take your more 8 hours to beat it unless you take your sweet time, so yeah i think the game should've had more gameplay.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Um, the Metal Gear story spans for YEARS and nobody beats the game in three hours because that is impossible. You can have cheats, no clipping and be on Liquid Easy and it still wouldn't be three hours.

Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
scissor me timbersssss.Davyvfr
ur lying..
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

I've been playing Far Cry 2 for a while and there's so much missions and objectives to do. Basically, I thought MGS4 had a short storline and ends quickly. I completed the game on Liquid easy in 3 hours. I really liked all the cool gadgets but the storline was short.Davyvfr
The storyline was short because you rushed through it and skipped all the story (cutscenes).............DRRRR!!!!!

strobeshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 strobeshow
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

just here to brag - i have the BBE

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="lordmasterrof"]

Davyvfr

WOW!..... just wow.... its as if you just started playing games a couple of years ago, not only you make the dumb mistake and asume that the game was re-installing act 1 (which you should of gotten the first time out that if there are acts numbered, then that must mean that there are more acts to come, then you bring out a medicore game and compare it to MS4. GTA San Andreas ALONE brings over 100 hours worth of gameplay, far more that Far Cry 2 can ever cover, plus I can name you any RPG in existence that tops that also in a heartbeat.

And then you wonder why people get suspended in here......

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 THQ88

just here to brag - i have the BBE

strobeshow

I have all 40 emblems, unlocked all the weapons and every damn thing in this game so yea!

vibrantdesign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vibrantdesign
Member since 2008 • 530 Posts

Im not including the cut scenes. Just playtime.Davyvfr

Well your missing out on one of the game's best parts, it's story.

I_pWnzz_YoU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 I_pWnzz_YoU

Yea, now its a stupid thread. However,I agree on that MGS4 has the longest storyline, but not the longest playtime. Far Cry 2 beats every game in that way. Over 50 hours of gameplay. I haven't seen a game that can top that.

Davyvfr

World of Warcraft...Nuff said :lol:

chohighlb50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chohighlb50
Member since 2008 • 94 Posts

i remeber my first playthrough was completed in about 30 hours.yea i kno super long but hey i enjoyed the greatness

ispaans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ispaans
Member since 2009 • 221 Posts

definetly not short game beated it in more or les 18 hours

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

Davyvfr

It became a hot topic because everyone is wondering how someone who plays video games for so long could think the game was done after the first act. So you paid $59+ for the game and finished it in under 5hrs. Great buy.lol

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
ive played it 23 hours on my first go and around 50 hours altogether.