do not buy deamon's souls

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Weiki_Weiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Weiki_Weiki
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

This is a poor attempt at trolling. Amazing game with a great online experience.

Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts

to anyone who thinks this is meant to be a single player game i feel sorry for you. i can say ive spent 50% of the countless hours on my countless accounts invading other people. its just that fun

--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
Stupid op is really stupid. SlitYourGuts
OP is directly above above you... admitting his frustration was due to his own setup, and apologizing multiple times to everyone. He's also new to the forum. No need to be a little puke about it. (I've yet to call any of these jamokes on the hate-MW2 bandwagon any names, even though Id be justified)
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#54 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
I absolutely love Demon's Souls. It's definitely one of the best games I have played this gen. I sunk 125 hrs into it so far and only stopped to play the flood of awesome games that just came out.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#55 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts
[QUOTE="saybakara"]ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again

All good man, we all jump to conclusions from time to time and when you spend money on something that frustrates you it can be very aggravating. :D
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts
did anyone ,ever had the connection problems im talking about?saybakara
I have the game and cannot invade of summon, its annoying but i've just about finished the game and it's really is good but can cause extreme frustration. And I was checking out the top ranked players, some guys have collected like 99999999999999 souls and have been playing for over 200 hrs,
GingerDeadMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 GingerDeadMan
Member since 2009 • 807 Posts

It really sounds like pure flame bait to me. The game is amazing.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.--Rob--
Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesnt mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didnt. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)

And who are you to tell me that I can't criticize the opinions of others? He posted his opinion on a forum and he can expect criticism from people like me. The world ain't all sugar and rainbows. There will be disagreements, and you have to learn to accept it.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
shut up vanille
Reiji-Arisu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Reiji-Arisu
Member since 2009 • 651 Posts
Where can I get this "Deamon's Souls" ?
jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

Seriously, TC it's likely your connection or the other players. Sometimes it doesn't like to connect but just try again and usually it works. I love the online aspects of this game. It's so well implemented and makes for interesting game mechanics. Coop Demon's Souls is great because it helps you overcome terrifying odds and bosses and sometimes players will show you already levels, which helps you when you go to play it later on. It also benefits all players because phantoms get souls and life back and live players get help with bosses.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#63 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts
if your thinking:"hmmm...im not really in to rpg games ,but that online feature seems pretty cool.im gonna get this game !" NO, dont! let it be clear : the online mode in the 80$ DS game has MAJOR horrible issues. issues like : lets play on-line for 2sec & then disconnect,literally 2sec.! DS the developer ATLUS does'nt even think of this game any more(wanna proof):check the website, everything is outdated ,i also found many other posts of same issue ,in multiple forums dating back to 2009. i guess i should ve check it more deeply,,,so guys dont buy this masterpiece of **** unless you wanna feel as stupid as me! saybakara
When i got my Demon's Souls, i didn't have an internet connection at that time... yet, it's still one of the best games i've played.
killme00012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 killme00012
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Well, it certainly isn't a title for everyone. It is, however, one of the best games I've played this gen. I don't think of it as a multi-player / online game by any means and never felt it was marketed as such, but its use of online is a nice bonus and it has a creative way of using the online feature to its and your advantage. Yes, it is brutally hard at times and not a game for the hack n' slash generation of gamers (yes I tend to think the "casual game" moverment has ruined most games these days...bigger market means appealing to the less skilled, less informed, and less-expectation filled gamer). I say ignore this guys opinion and even my opinion...rent it and see for yourself.

dgrief
u said so much, and at last u wanna us to ignore u
_Doomsayer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 _Doomsayer_
Member since 2008 • 18616 Posts
Demon's Souls is an excellent game and the online features are really neat ideas. It was worth every penny for me, and then some.
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
[QUOTE="--Rob--"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.hazelnutman
Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesnt mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didnt. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)

And who are you to tell me that I can't criticize the opinions of others? He posted his opinion on a forum and he can expect criticism from people like me. The world ain't all sugar and rainbows. There will be disagreements, and you have to learn to accept it.

I never told you any such thing, try reading it again with an attempt at actually comprehending what it is that your reading. You are the one telling people what they can and cannot do. I love disagreements and argueing. I also love the forumites shouting thier "flame bait" and "troll" theories... relax detectives, someone had some frustration with a game you really like. It'll be ok.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

if your thinking:"hmmm...im not really in to rpg games ,but that online feature seems pretty cool.im gonna get this game !" NO, dont! let it be clear : the online mode in the 80$ DS game has MAJOR horrible issues. issues like : lets play on-line for 2sec & then disconnect,literally 2sec.! DS the developer ATLUS does'nt even think of this game any more(wanna proof):check the website, everything is outdated ,i also found many other posts of same issue ,in multiple forums dating back to 2009. i guess i should ve check it more deeply,,,so guys dont buy this masterpiece of **** unless you wanna feel as stupid as me! saybakara

Who is Deamon and why does he have souls?

Also, your post is about as easy to read as a child's writing scrawled on the wall.

alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#69 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

Shame really I am pretty much ordering this for my birthday, Baring the whole "It's too Hard" argument this is the only negative thing I have read about the game. Also i feel this argument is pretty weak myself.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i came in here expecting a laugh, and it met my expectations :P
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

The online in Demon's Souls is not something people should worry about.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Never had a problem. Played through many times helping and being helped and it always worked fine.

Maybe your internet connection is horrible?

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
Epic thread fail - One of the best games of recent years and I had zero problems with online aspects.
gtyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 gtyu
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts

the game is made for single player the multiplayer is something extra they didn't give it enough attention

colejd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 colejd
Member since 2007 • 506 Posts

I didn't buy a game named "deamon's souls", but I did buy a game named Demon's Souls and I enjoy playing it very much and I've never had a problem playing it, online or off.

Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts

[QUOTE="saybakara"]thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!TheEldestGod
No. No its not. Its a single player game. The online features are there for two things: To help you or destroy you. The problem with the connection could just be other people logging off or whatever. When I was first playing and I'd be doing horrible on a boss or was taking my time exploring the other guys would just leave. Maybe nobody wants to help you. If you don't enjoy playing the game then maybe nobody enjoys playing it with you. If you're one of the many people who bought this game just to battle someone else then you've missed the whole point of the game and did infact waste your time.

This. You're not really going to find much sympathy around here by telling people not to buy such a superb game. Honestly, your opinion is valid, as ridiculous as it is, but going round telling gamers not to buy a game is a big "no-no" around here imo.

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

the game is made for single player the multiplayer is something extra they didn't give it enough attention

gtyu
I think the multiplayer aspects are pretty well thought out and all serve the purpose of augmenting the single-player. For example, the hints system benefits you (healing w/ recommending of msgs) as much as it benefits those that get the hints that know know what is ahead. The blood stains and white phantoms can also help single-player as they show you what is ahead. PvP as a Black Phantom allows you to get your body back for your own game. Coop as Blue Phantom does the same. You call in help from Blue Phantoms to get help fight tough enemies and fend off Black Phantoms. To me, all of these aspects are extremely well designed and thought out decisions by the developer, AND NOT some extra tacked-on multiplayer component. It got plenty of attention and I love it as is, minus lack of voice chat, but I can see how that would mess up the atmosphere.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#79 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="--Rob--"] Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesn't mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didn't. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)--Rob--

I never told you any such thing, try reading it again with an attempt at actually comprehending what it is that your reading. You are the one telling people what they can and cannot do. I love disagreements and arguing. I also love the formalities shouting their "flame bait" and "troll" theories... relax detectives, someone had some frustration with a game you really like. It'll be ok.

Were you trying to give off the assumption that you are wise, or that you like being annoyingly ironic? If you do find yourself to be intelligent, re-read your entire conversation and see it for the huge irony that it is. Otherwise, feel free to either stop talking now or leave some sort of insult due to a lack of being able to come up with a better reply. Speaking of, I fixed your basic spelling/grammar mistakes in your last two posts. You're welcome.

GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts

the only reason you should feel stupid is spells demon's as deamon's... other than that i have had no problems with the online..MethodManFTW
lmao xD

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="--Rob--"] Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesnt mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didnt. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)--Rob--

I never told you any such thing, try reading it again with an attempt at actually comprehending what it is that your reading. You are the one telling people what they can and cannot do. I love disagreements and argueing. I also love the forumites shouting thier "flame bait" and "troll" theories... relax detectives, someone had some frustration with a game you really like. It'll be ok.

Hey, I found a cool wikipedia page for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony

Also, I'm disagreeing with TC's comments, you're telling me that I can't, I tell you that I can, and then you tell me that you never told me that I couldn't? Way to be consistant. It looks like you're the one who should be reading again.

Also, that flame bait and troll detective comment better not have been directed at me, because I never said or implied such a thing.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
This is nonsense..............hbk7137
Yeah I agree. I thought this was going to compare about the difficulty or something...
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 saybakara
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="saybakara"]ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again[/QUOTE
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 saybakara
[QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"]ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again[/QUOTE

saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 saybakara

You're an idiot.

Altiar25
yes, i have my moments
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 saybakara
[QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"]ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again[/QUOTE

saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 saybakara
[QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="saybakara"]ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again[/QUOTE

plz help me close this thread
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
The game worked fine for me and I enjoyed every minute of it.