do not buy deamon's souls

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 saybakara
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
if your thinking:"hmmm...im not really in to rpg games ,but that online feature seems pretty cool.im gonna get this game !" NO, dont! let it be clear : the online mode in the 80$ DS game has MAJOR horrible issues. issues like : lets play on-line for 2sec & then disconnect,literally 2sec.! DS the developer ATLUS does'nt even think of this game any more(wanna proof):check the website, everything is outdated ,i also found many other posts of same issue ,in multiple forums dating back to 2009. i guess i should ve check it more deeply,,,so guys dont buy this masterpiece of **** unless you wanna feel as stupid as me!
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

I've always pegged this game to be a single player experience anyways. Honestly never really expected an online mode.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Yeah it's more of a single-player game anyway.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
O, another thing you got wrong... Atlus published the game... FROMM software developed it.
MPHhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MPHhunter
Member since 2006 • 652 Posts
I bought Demon's Souls. I love Demon's Souls. The only time I'm disconnected is when my own connection to the internet(rarely) fails for about 5 minutes. My suggestion: Get off of AT&T or whatever ISP you're using right now, and switch to a more reliable one. The most important thing is that it works where you live, because you're most likely not going to be traveling all over the USA with it.
hbk7137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#8 hbk7137
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
This is nonsense..............
GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts
one easy thing play it offline and you'll be fine
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 saybakara
thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!
MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!saybakara
Maybe for you... :lol:
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!saybakara

I think that's more you than anybody else. You're the first person I've seen actually mention that it has an online mode..:?

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="saybakara"]thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!Denji

I think that's more you than anybody else. You're the first person I've seen actually mention that it has an online mode..:?

Really? Have you played it? The online is an awesome part of the game.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Its really just a single player mode with a few multiplayer features,

juden41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 juden41
Member since 2010 • 4447 Posts
You don't have to play the game online, I haven't yet. It's a really fun game, one of my favorites.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 saybakara
did anyone ,ever had the connection problems im talking about?
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 saybakara
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.

so when i can tell people not to buy a game,when my ps3 blow up in my face !
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

It's a mighty fine game - Too hard for some so they hate :)

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
[QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.

Read your post, make some sense, and then try posting again. ;)
CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.saybakara

Yes.

GeneralHawx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 GeneralHawx
Member since 2009 • 1853 Posts

[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.saybakara

yea pretty much

CDuG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 CDuG
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts

He's totally right though people. You should definitely not buy Deamon's Souls.

On a completely unrelated side note I heard there is a sweet game called Demon's Souls. So you should probably check that one out.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.hazelnutman
Here I am, purchased LE copy on the first day, and still stuck on my 3rd level
fishman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fishman100
Member since 2007 • 226 Posts

if your thinking:"hmmm...im not really in to rpg games ,but that online feature seems pretty cool.im gonna get this game !" NO, dont! let it be clear : the online mode in the 80$ DS game has MAJOR horrible issues. issues like : lets play on-line for 2sec & then disconnect,literally 2sec.! DS the developer ATLUS does'nt even think of this game any more(wanna proof):check the website, everything is outdated ,i also found many other posts of same issue ,in multiple forums dating back to 2009. i guess i should ve check it more deeply,,,so guys dont buy this masterpiece of **** unless you wanna feel as stupid as me! saybakara

I dont know what are you trying to pull here mate but honestly its not working. Demons souls is gamespots game of the year and my favourite RPG which destoryed Final Fantasies and other RPGS for me. I dont feel like playing any other RPG after playing demons souls.

Online is just a small part basically its Single player and it rocks. it changed my life man. I highly recommend it. This thread is wrong

dgrief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dgrief
Member since 2009 • 82 Posts

Well, it certainly isn't a title for everyone. It is, however, one of the best games I've played this gen. I don't think of it as a multi-player / online game by any means and never felt it was marketed as such, but its use of online is a nice bonus and it has a creative way of using the online feature to its and your advantage. Yes, it is brutally hard at times and not a game for the hack n' slash generation of gamers (yes I tend to think the "casual game" moverment has ruined most games these days...bigger market means appealing to the less skilled, less informed, and less-expectation filled gamer). I say ignore this guys opinion and even my opinion...rent it and see for yourself.

Assassin1349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Assassin1349
Member since 2009 • 2798 Posts

I'll buy whatever I want.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="saybakara"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Too bad, TC. I already purchased a LE copy on the first day, have beaten it, and enjoyed it immensely. Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.hazelnutman

Read your post, make some sense, and then try posting again. ;)

LOL, You can tell people not to buy a game when ever you want but don't expect a following when you do so on the internet. On a side note, I never had problems with the online mode and seems kinda funny thats your reason to tell people not to buy, oh and the out dated posts on the web site LOL, the game has been out a while now.

amekhov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 amekhov
Member since 2007 • 987 Posts

This thread needs to get locked, mindless noob bashing a great game.

sunkcontrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sunkcontrol
Member since 2006 • 368 Posts

you know you cant be liked by everyone and you cant please everyone... this is a great game, tuff as an old pair of boots and it aint gonna be everyone's cup of tea, but yet, the most rewarding game out there.no problems with online here.

R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts

I bought it when it first came out, and played it quite a bit. I'm glad i bought the Deluxe Edition while i had the chance, because they were gone shortly after lol

zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

This is nonsense..............hbk7137

so completely true!!! this game is fantastic, and it does not deserve a trash thread like this for ppl who have not yet experienced this masterpiece.

--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.hazelnutman
Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesnt mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didnt. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts
It's a really fun game, one of my favorites.juden41
Same here. The online definitely needs some work though, but not as far as the OP's problem. Ringers hanging out below 120 with "PvP builds" thrashing the chit out of accurately leveled players pretty much ruins the experience for alot of folks.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Demons Souls is one of my all time favorites. Must buy.
damnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 damnet
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts

heh, oh my...

So basically this genius can't setup his router properly, blames the game and comes here and tells people not to buy it...

I remember playing extensive sessions of demons souls with the online working flawlessly, yeah some disconnects happened, but they were very rare, and I'm sure most of them occurred either because of the psn itself or my crappy router.

Seriously Saibakara, go bang your head against the wall or something.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
No. No its not. Its a single player game. The online features are there for two things: To help you or destroy you. The problem with the connection could just be other people logging off or whatever. When I was first playing and I'd be doing horrible on a boss or was taking my time exploring the other guys would just leave. Maybe nobody wants to help you. If you don't enjoy playing the game then maybe nobody enjoys playing it with you. If you're one of the many people who bought this game just to battle someone else then you've missed the whole point of the game and did infact waste your time.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"]Just because you had problems with it doesn't mean you can go around telling others not to buy it.--Rob--
Yes, he absolutely can. Who are you to tell him he cant? Doesnt mean that you or anyone else have to listen or agree. Many people have bought DS, and quickly wished they didnt. So what? Its that type of game (love/hate)

Yeah, but those many people weren't dumb enough to jump on an internet forum and demand others not to buy it cause they couldn't stay connected to the internet during their single player game. I agree that the game is not for everyone, but the people who aren't going to enjoy this game either won't research it enough to know what they are actually getting themselves into or are too busy playing Madden or Halo 3 to even get up and go to GameStop in the first place.
Laxer04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Laxer04
Member since 2008 • 1256 Posts

[QUOTE="saybakara"]thx method man, srry, thank you. oh!,,,i mean sorry.oh! yes guys its more of a solo type adventure but the online feature is the biggest selling point of the game!Denji

i love demons souls. it is my favorite game this gen. but i bought this game because of the online elements and i must say they are pretty damn amazing. the only time i get booted playing online is if the person whose game i invaded dies or if they reach the boss

nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
God....can someone please translate that for me? I buy whatever the hell I want. Sorry :(. *Eats topic*
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

I'll buy Demon's Souls. Deamon's Souls dosen't exist.

yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

if your thinking:"hmmm...im not really in to rpg games ,but that online feature seems pretty cool.im gonna get this game !" NO, dont! let it be clear : the online mode in the 80$ DS game has MAJOR horrible issues. issues like : lets play on-line for 2sec & then disconnect,literally 2sec.! DS the developer ATLUS does'nt even think of this game any more(wanna proof):check the website, everything is outdated ,i also found many other posts of same issue ,in multiple forums dating back to 2009. i guess i should ve check it more deeply,,,so guys dont buy this masterpiece of **** unless you wanna feel as stupid as me! saybakara

2 things: It's primarily a single player RPG and it's prolly your connection not the game. So yes, you should feel stupid but not because you bought a bad game but because you can't figure out why you can't play. This is easily one of the greatest action-RPG's of all time.

aka_Static

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 aka_Static
Member since 2009 • 415 Posts

You convinced me. I'm never going to buy deamon's souls.

In the meantime I'll hold on to Demon's Souls (considering it's my favorite game on the PS3).

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
TC is a bigot. Nothing more to see here.
Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

Seems like the TC just wants attention. Meh.

cyee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cyee
Member since 2006 • 252 Posts

I literally bought this game on amazon after reading this thread. lol

saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 saybakara
thx every one
saybakara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 saybakara
ok, i think you all gonna hate me even more! its working again,i had to forward ports or something in my router.my friend did it for me; apologies to all of you ! really sorry for my ignorance ! if anyone knows how to close this thread plz tell me! PS: sorry again
SlitYourGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#50 SlitYourGuts
Member since 2010 • 153 Posts

Stupid op is really stupid. Demon's Souls is one of the best games on the PS3 and Atlus owns.