Demon's souls overrated?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

hey i just beat demon's souls and man it was hard as hell, (although the last boss wasnt hard cuz i had 2 phantoms with me). i wanted to get into the online pvp but i dunno to me it kinda sucks. i get backstabbed from ppl who arent even behind me to begin with. its rare that i find a 1 vs 1 match. everyone online is a nerd (don't take offence anyone). what i mean by that is everyone always has these huge ass weapons and crazy spells that god knows how they even got in that level in the first place. and i get killed in 1 hit. and if they're not gangbanging me then there using some crazy fire spell that kills ppl in 1 hit. im not being a sore loser or anything but i mean cmon, i can barely beat 1 dude like wth. if you invade you always get gangbanged. is it me or does it seem like they shouldve made the online a bit more organized or something.

i know its a really fresh and original game and its being praised by every1, but i think its a little overrated cuz of its difficulty. ppl are saying its the greatest game cuz its so hard, but does that really make it a great game? i would say its a good game obviously cuz i wouldnt have played it all the way through if it wasnt, but i woudnt really say its great. imo, the online is flawed and the level design is kinda lame. i know its supposed to be brutally hard and unforgiving and all, but they shouldve atleast gave some pointers, or warnings or something. i lost my full gloom armour cuz i couldnt carry the silver armour when i beat that dude, then i lost silver armour when i couldnt carry the brushwood armour lol like wtf.

and then its kinda like you have to play new game plus to get into the online, i mean the games good and all but i really dont feel like going through all that again and grinding and what not just so i can have a chance in pvp. obviously this is just my opinion. cuz the graphics are average, the level designs are pretty lame, theres isnt really any story and the online pvp is just wierd. to me it seems overrated, i dont think just cuz a game is really hard it should be considered such a great game.

i like rpgs and jrpgs. i played and beat ff13 and thought it was awesome. i like jrpgs a bit better cuz i really like final fantasy and ive noticed that jrpgs always have more emphasis on story and level design. i mean when i was playing ff13 sometimes i would just walk through the levels instead of running just to take in and appreciate the graphics and scenery, (i know demon's souls shoudnt be compared to ff) but i mean in terms of level design, demon's souls doesnt even compare. i really think a lot of ppl over looked the sheer quality of ff13 cuz it really is amazing to look at. also, western rpgs always seem to have a more dark lord of the rings type of feel to them. jrpgs always have nice looking environments compared to western rpgs where its mostly like wasteland type of stuff. which is the reason i didnt get fallout (played and loved oblivion though).

lol sorry for the read i just needed to express my self. with that said im interested in dragon age. i really value story in a rpg and i heard it has really good story. is this true? thats why i really like ff cuz of all the story and cut scenes. also, i heard theres a ultimate edition of dragon age coming out soon that includes the dlcs with the game, is this true? if so does anyone know when its coming out? im looking to buy dragon age. but can you guys recommend me some good ps3 rpgs as well? i dont know but it seems like theres a bit of a lack of rpgs on ps3 these days no? specifically jrpgs. last question, how much do you guys think i will get at EB games for demon's souls say if i were to go trade it in for dragon age? thanks

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
tl:dr but for the first paragraph, you only play online with people within ten levels of you. you are being a sore loser. :)
dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dkjestrup
Member since 2007 • 1214 Posts
Yeah basically you're getting destroyed and wondering why. There are ways of backstabbing from the front if you know what you're doing. There are a lot of things like how to parry in Pvp, hyper armor frames etc that you'll never learn unless you get serious. I'm going to say your build is wrong and you're not good. There are no spells that will OHKO you if you gouged VIT enough, at SL120 IIRC which is the designated PVP level from what I remember. They're not nerds, you're just losing. Explain how they're any different from hardcore FPS/Fighting/RTS players?
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

i didn't read all of the post, but i do think the game is a bit overrated. my reasons differ from yours though.

Dragon Age Ultimate Edition is coming out in October... 12th, I think, so it's just around the corner. Also released in October is Fallout New Vegas, one of the most hyped RPG titles this year. i'm not interested but you might wanna check it out.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 idunnodude

october 12th really? can you confirm this or anything? and as i expected the demon's souls fanboys got offended cuz i said the pvp kinda sucks and is wierd. im sorry but i dont feel like spending 100 hours farming and making special builds so i can have a chance on pvp all just to get owned by some dude and his phantoms or some dude and his ridiculous fire spell all day.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MethodManFTW
You didn't listen to what I said... You only play with people within 10 levels of yourself. So you don't have to spend hours upon hours to be good at it... But yeah, here's something about the DA.. Gamestop is usually pretty good with release dates. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/dragon-age-ultimate-edition-to-include-awakening-and-all-dlc/
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
i think the game is good i like the style. the online is ok but the PvP is not that great because there is way to much lag with other p;ayers. i would like to mention that i am looking for someone to trade with me i am looking to give away all that i have for 3 things that i don't even need to keep, just hold to finish my plat for the game. i am looking for the +5 marrow weapon +5 blade or Pure stone.. and the friends ring. for these 3 thing i will give you everything i have. no kidding. i'm SL 150. if you are interested my psn id is. untouchable7
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

Overrated? Hardly. The game is obviously not for everyone.

It's definitely one of the best action/rpg this generation. The only weakness I personally found were the story, which was present to decent extent but I believe it could had been fleshed out more.

The gameplay, atmosphere, progression satisfaction and unique online interaction made it into my top 5 rpg's so far.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
They probably forged their weapons using weapon-specific stones / demon's souls to get them to a higher level. Also, I forgot the name since it's been a while since I played it, but there's a ring that hides you pretty well from black phantoms....the players are probably using that to kill you easily via back stabs....or simply finding a way to manipulate your movement to position themselves in a manner that enables them to stab you in the back. Anyways, when you choose to invade a world...just know that another player probably has assistance with him ....so be careful. Also, people tend to focus their skills towards one direction...so you probably met someone who efficiently upgraded his mage well ...enough to pretty much end you quickly. There are also different types of armors and weapons that work well against different classes.....but that just depends on luck since invading someone's world is basically venturing into unknown territory.
ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

my character in demons souls uses the kneel dragon bone crusher (i think thats whatthe weaponis called), and i boost my strength up almost everytime... i dont have problems with people invading me cause i can knock them out fast.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]You didn't listen to what I said... You only play with people within 10 levels of yourself. So you don't have to spend hours upon hours to be good at it... But yeah, here's something about the DA.. Gamestop is usually pretty good with release dates. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/03/dragon-age-ultimate-edition-to-include-awakening-and-all-dlc/

Well its actually a percentage ratio not exactly 10 levels. I'm level 712 and I play with people who are in the 500s.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

Damn FF.

I'm SL 75. I'm trying to make a mage build.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
The level designs are definitely pretty lame. Makes it feel more like a small action game, instead of an epic rpg. Take the swordplay from demons souls ( not the magic ) , and throw it in oblivions world. Now you would really have something special.
1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

The level designs are definitely pretty lame. Makes it feel more like a small action game, instead of an epic rpg. Take the swordplay from demons souls ( not the magic ) , and throw it in oblivions world. Now you would really have something special. bussinrounds

Dragon age?

Brawler-Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#15 Brawler-Dude
Member since 2008 • 1418 Posts

People really have to stop making "Demon's Souls overrated" threads. What is this the 15 thread about it already. If you don't like it you don't like it. You don't have to make a thread about it. If you like it, fine, if you hate it fine, just stop making threads about it, its getting annoying

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I do think it's overrated, the difficulty really only appeals to people who like or can at least tolerate trial and error. I for one cannot. I find it's a lazy way to make a game challenging rather than putting in some interesting puzzles or really smart boss fights. The only boss fight I thought was really done in that game was the Tower Knight, every other boss was just kinda lame for me. It also doesn't help that I really don't like the medieval setting. There's multiple things in that game that don't appeal to me but I totally see why someone else would love it. It's not a game for me.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

[QUOTE="bussinrounds"] The level designs are definitely pretty lame. Makes it feel more like a small action game, instead of an epic rpg. Take the swordplay from demons souls ( not the magic ) , and throw it in oblivions world. Now you would really have something special. 1bigsmoke55

Dragon age?

Dragon Age has neither, it has a boring button mash combat system and a bland, boring, empty world (people may say Oblivion has a generic, bland world but DA:O is much worse).

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bussinrounds
WRONG. Dragon Age is amazing, but the combat is best played as a tactical rpg, not a button masher ! Lol. ( pause & give commands/position party members, repeat .. like a game of chess ) The battes are about your strategy and behind the scenes dice rolls, not your reflexes, or timing of button presses. It's more like a traditional style rpg, which i'm sure alot of you know nothing about. Plus it's story/writing/dialog/characters are miles better than these games. It's not for everyone, especially today's typical ocd cod type gamer. Learn how to play the game the right way at least.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

WRONG. Dragon Age is amazing, but the combat is best played as a tactical rpg, not a button masher ! Lol. ( pause & give commands/position party members, repeat .. like a game of chess ) The battes are about your strategy and behind the scenes dice rolls, not your reflexes, or timing of button presses. It's more like a traditional style rpg, which i'm sure alot of you know nothing about. Plus it's story/writing/dialog/characters are miles better than these games. It's not for everyone, especially today's typical ocd cod type gamer. Learn how to play the game the right way at least.bussinrounds

Lol, I'm a typical CoD gamer because I didn't like one game... Way to stereotype...:roll: It doesn't matter if you can command your players around or not, the game is still a button masher, either you spam the attack button or you send your teammates to spam attacks on the enemies, I know there are different skills and special attacks you can get but there basically the same thing with a different animation. I also didn't find the characters or story interesting (save a kingdom, how original...), however I did enjoy the dialogue and dialogue choices concept.

Edit: Also, it's not so much of the repetitive combat that made the game not as enjoyable, it was how repetitive it was, you'd literally go through 15-20 minutes of gameplay encountering the same enemies over and over again with absolutely nothing happening, you'd just attack enemy after enemy with no variety or nothing to break up thisrepetitivegameplay, though the combat didn't help at all.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MethodManFTW
I haaaaated Dragon Age... It was a bioware game so I figured I'd love it, bought all the DLC before I played it.. Played the game for 2 hours and couldn't take anymore. (for reference, the only first person shooter in my rotation right now is Borderlands...)
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bussinrounds
What ? Button mashers are games like GOW and DMC, not DA. That's not how i play it at least.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#22 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

OK I definitely didn't read all that, lol...but I do agree DS is very overrated. I can see why people like it, but I'm not into trial and error passing off as "challenging", slow gameplay in an action RPG. I found the graphics, story and overall environment very bland as well.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dkjestrup
Dragon Age is definitely NOT a button masher. You clearly have no comprehension of the meaning of the word if you are to call it one. I'm fed up with these Demons Souls is Overrated threads. It's a NICHE game! It got good scores and a GOTY and then everyone wants it, surprised to find that not all of them like it. IT'S NICHE, not everybody will like it. Also, whoever said Demons Souls has bad level design... What are you on? Seriously, the levels are perfect, give you a great sense of tension, suspense and atmosphere. It's not supposed to be some epic Dragon Age type game. Not every game has to be that. Seriously, start critiquing Demons Souls for what it is, not what it isn't, and you have an awesome, awesome game.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 idunnodude

relax buddy i never said its a crap game, if it was i wouldnt have bothered to play it all way through and beat it. lol im sorry i dont check these boards everyday so i didn't know ppl kept making these threads, im just expressing my opinion, as you are entitled to do so aswell. i just think its an overrated game. u dont have to agree with me on it, no reason to pms over it. i just dont see how just cuz its hard as hell makes it the greatest game. look at the other parts of the game like story and level design and stuff like that. so much trial and error, sometimes it felt more like a chore then actually fun gameplay (again im not saying i didnt enjoy it, its a good game lol).

i know the difficulty is the main thing thats making this game great, but think about if it was easier. i admit that the level design works for the game, but look at it compared to other games. one level is a huge swamp with little wooden bridges, another is a series of dark hallways, another is a dungeon with exploding bugs. yeah it worked for the game, but if it wasnt so hard i think ppl would see that its pretty bland, not a lot of detail in the levels. also, a lot of the bosses you can just hide in a corner and shoot them a bunch of times till their dead. there wasn't really much variety in the enemies as well. lots of the enemies were the same zombie dudes, and then the stronger zombie dudes in the later levels. i dunno but i just dont see how people can praise this game this much just for being hard, when games like FF13, or uncharted or whatever (i was actually surprised at the difficulty on ff13, harder than i thought). had so much quality in terms of story, graphics, level design. i mean cmon, am i the only one here that thinks the levels and graphics in ff13 were amazing?

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

The game is not for everyone I'm loving it Im on my second playthrough,its actually not tha hard if you play very conservativly and not take the game lightly, I only really struggled with false king allant and flamelurker to be honest.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#26 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
What ? Button mashers are games like GOW and DMC, not DA. That's not how i play it at least. bussinrounds
My thoughts exactly. You cannot even button mash in Dragon Age: Origins. It's more of a point and click, similar to World of Warcraft.
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

This game isn't overrated, underrated if anything after hearing how many people dislike the game. If you invade peoples game expect to be gangbanged. I always played as a soul unless I was playing co-op, there is no reason not to.

If your getting owned by fire spells, get some fire protection like the purple flame shield, gloom armour isn't a very good choice for pvp.

Don't even know why people say the game is that hard, I can recall plenty of games were died far more times than I did beating demons souls

clruff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clruff
Member since 2010 • 275 Posts

It is what it is and a lot of people like the experience of it. So it's not overrated. To you it's different than to most and this makes it particular to your skills and tastes.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts

Overrated? Hardly. The game is obviously not for everyone.

It's definitely one of the best action/rpg this generation. The only weakness I personally found were the story, which was present to decent extent but I believe it could had been fleshed out more.

The gameplay, atmosphere, progression satisfaction and unique online interaction made it into my top 5 rpg's so far.

Sokol4ever
This. And TC any game that is 9.0 is always considered overrated here on the fourms didn't you know that? And nice new avatar and sig:).
johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Sorry i thought you were someone i knew TC.
RustedTruck650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RustedTruck650
Member since 2010 • 204 Posts

the game is hard for pvp since must of those folks are purely build to kick ur ass and not for playing against the computer. ust gom to wiki and learn how to build pvp the same thing happened to me plus if u want 1 on 1 then lay down red eye stone dont invade.

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts

I dunno about overrated, maybe more false advertising. After hearing so many countless people proclaim the game as the hardest ever, I was laughing my way through levels as a mage and killing about 90% of bosses on my first try. Really thought it'd be hard. Of course then everyone seems to proclaim that as a mage, yea it's gonna be easier. Pffft, don't talk about a game being hard when one of the major classes (of which there are what, 2?) can easily get through the game.

Add in the fact that the whole 'oooh if you die, you lose sooouuuulllsss' supposedly to make you fear death. That is until you realise the souls you lose tend to come from the level itself, so no biggie really, since you're gonna re-collect them anyway going back through the level. It's like an old wives-tale to scare children.

Oh and I did try the early parts of the game as a melee. I probably found it about 10% harder...

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

hey i just beat demon's souls and man it was hard as hell, (although the last boss wasnt hard cuz i had 2 phantoms with me). i wanted to get into the online pvp but i dunno to me it kinda sucks. i get backstabbed from ppl who arent even behind me to begin with. its rare that i find a 1 vs 1 match. everyone online is a nerd (don't take offence anyone). what i mean by that is everyone always has these huge ass weapons and crazy spells that god knows how they even got in that level in the first place. and i get killed in 1 hit. and if they're not gangbanging me then there using some crazy fire spell that kills ppl in 1 hit. im not being a sore loser or anything but i mean cmon, i can barely beat 1 dude like wth. if you invade you always get gangbanged. is it me or does it seem like they shouldve made the online a bit more organized or something.

i know its a really fresh and original game and its being praised by every1, but i think its a little overrated cuz of its difficulty. ppl are saying its the greatest game cuz its so hard, but does that really make it a great game? i would say its a good game obviously cuz i wouldnt have played it all the way through if it wasnt, but i woudnt really say its great. imo, the online is flawed and the level design is kinda lame. i know its supposed to be brutally hard and unforgiving and all, but they shouldve atleast gave some pointers, or warnings or something. i lost my full gloom armour cuz i couldnt carry the silver armour when i beat that dude, then i lost silver armour when i couldnt carry the brushwood armour lol like wtf.

and then its kinda like you have to play new game plus to get into the online, i mean the games good and all but i really dont feel like going through all that again and grinding and what not just so i can have a chance in pvp. obviously this is just my opinion. cuz the graphics are average, the level designs are pretty lame, theres isnt really any story and the online pvp is just wierd. to me it seems overrated, i dont think just cuz a game is really hard it should be considered such a great game.

i like rpgs and jrpgs. i played and beat ff13 and thought it was awesome. i like jrpgs a bit better cuz i really like final fantasy and ive noticed that jrpgs always have more emphasis on story and level design. i mean when i was playing ff13 sometimes i would just walk through the levels instead of running just to take in and appreciate the graphics and scenery, (i know demon's souls shoudnt be compared to ff) but i mean in terms of level design, demon's souls doesnt even compare. i really think a lot of ppl over looked the sheer quality of ff13 cuz it really is amazing to look at. also, western rpgs always seem to have a more dark lord of the rings type of feel to them. jrpgs always have nice looking environments compared to western rpgs where its mostly like wasteland type of stuff. which is the reason i didnt get fallout (played and loved oblivion though).

lol sorry for the read i just needed to express my self. with that said im interested in dragon age. i really value story in a rpg and i heard it has really good story. is this true? thats why i really like ff cuz of all the story and cut scenes. also, i heard theres a ultimate edition of dragon age coming out soon that includes the dlcs with the game, is this true? if so does anyone know when its coming out? im looking to buy dragon age. but can you guys recommend me some good ps3 rpgs as well? i dont know but it seems like theres a bit of a lack of rpgs on ps3 these days no? specifically jrpgs. last question, how much do you guys think i will get at EB games for demon's souls say if i were to go trade it in for dragon age? thanks

idunnodude

Demon's Souls is not hard, people just think it is. Dying is part of learning in this game, and once you get it down it's smooth smailing.

The weapons are all available for you, bigger doesn't necessary mean better. And people who enters your game (or vice versa) has to be in the same soul level range as you.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 idunnodude

i wasnt talking about just the difficulty, read my last post. and i dont know how u found this game easy lol. but yeah i realize that this game is for hardcore gamers only.

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

as an owner of both games Dragon Age is a better story with more in depth gameplay.

I do believe Demon souls is a bit overrated though.

dkjestrup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dkjestrup

as an owner of both games Dragon Age is a better story with more in depth gameplay.

Delroc
Better story? Maybe better written but that incredibly cliched story is nothing compared to the atmosphere and mood of Demons Souls. Story telling is about more than good dialogue.
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
The level designs are definitely pretty lame. Makes it feel more like a small action game, instead of an epic rpg. Take the swordplay from demons souls ( not the magic ) , and throw it in oblivions world. Now you would really have something special.bussinrounds
TOTALLY disagree, not every games needs to or should be sandbox. That would destroy so many things that make it special. What you should be saying is "Oblivion needs to learn a few things about gameplay from DS so it can feel like an epic RPG.' :)
Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
If you think it's the difficulty that's supposed to be what makes it great you're missing out on the big picture. It's about how everything comes together that makes it so special and unique. @TC
z4twenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 z4twenny
Member since 2006 • 4898 Posts

i mean cmon, am i the only one here that thinks the levels and graphics in ff13 were amazing?

idunnodude

the levels? you mean that one really long path you walked down? the graphics were good, but everything else was either A) terrible for a final fantasy title OR B) mediocre for a run of the mill jrpg.

as for demon souls i have my minor complaints with it but found it to be one of the most entertaining games this gen.

Delroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Delroc
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts

[QUOTE="Delroc"]

dkjestrup

Better story? Maybe better written but that incredibly cliched story is nothing compared to the atmosphere and mood of Demons Souls. Story telling is about more than good dialogue.

there is no atmosphere in DS that can compare to the first time you go into the Deep Roads in DAO. the dark sense of unknown and how you slowly uncover the Darkspawns reasons is very well planed out. Demon souls even shows its age in the graphics department, it looks like it was made in 08. if you think DAO is "cliche" then what does that make DS. "old baddy rises from his slumber..." lol

look i REALLY enjoyed DS but dont make it out to be this Epic RPG which it is not,i BOUGHT the game because people on these forums made me believe it was a epic story/journey. I'm sorry bro but porting to set levels in set zones in not "creative". in the end i see DAO as a REAL old school RPG and DS as a timed hack and slash with very difficult propertys. i think people are confusing hard game with good game.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
Demons Souls is still my favorite game this generation.
JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
So basically... Demon's Souls is overrated because you suck at it? That's a wasted thread and deserves to be locked.
Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
So basically... Demon's Souls is overrated because you suck at it? That's a wasted thread and deserves to be locked.JohnF111
Couldn't agree more.
Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
[QUOTE="JohnF111"]So basically... Demon's Souls is overrated because you suck at it? That's a wasted thread and deserves to be locked.Citrus25
Couldn't agree more.

The dude did say he beat the game.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 idunnodude

So basically... Demon's Souls is overrated because you suck at it? That's a wasted thread and deserves to be locked.JohnF111

ok seriously did no one read past me saying i sucked at it lol? and yeah i did beat the game so thats gotta count for something. go read my last posts, why are you people so ignorant. what are you offended that i dont have the same taste as you? its not like i said it was a crap game either like wtf.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 idunnodude

[QUOTE="dkjestrup"][QUOTE="Delroc"]

Delroc

there is no atmosphere in DS that can compare to the first time you go into the Deep Roads in DAO. the dark sense of unknown and how you slowly uncover the Darkspawns reasons is very well planed out. Demon souls even shows its age in the graphics department, it looks like it was made in 08. if you think DAO is "cliche" then what does that make DS. "old baddy rises from his slumber..." lol

look i REALLY enjoyed DS but dont make it out to be this Epic RPG which it is not,i BOUGHT the game because people on these forums made me believe it was a epic story/journey. I'm sorry bro but porting to set levels in set zones in not "creative". in the end i see DAO as a REAL old school RPG and DS as a timed hack and slash with very difficult propertys. i think people are confusing hard game with good game.

thats what im trying to say, but no one payed attention to what i said past me saying that i sucked at the game. im not just talking about the difficulty. this is a good game, i never said it was crap. i just think its overrated cuz everyone thinks its the best thing cuz its so hard. and yeah i havent played dragon age but i hear really good things, gonna trade in demon's souls and get it soon.

lordfalsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lordfalsus
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

you prefer FF13 over demons souls? FAIL!

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 idunnodude

lordfalsus

ok u know what whatever, i give up. geez like what the hell. seriously whats wrong wit u people, i repeated myself over and over but ur ignorance is just amazing. i dont know what it is but a lot of people on gamespot are so ridiculously uptight, like did u not get enough hugs when you were a kid or something?

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#49 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

[QUOTE="lordfalsus"]

idunnodude

ok u know what whatever, i give up. geez like what the hell. seriously whats wrong wit u people, i repeated myself over and over but ur ignorance is just amazing. i dont know what it is but a lot of people on gamespot are so ridiculously uptight, like did u not get enough hugs when you were a kid or something?

Haha, totally agree with you man. Alot of users here have tunnel vision. Their games are better than yours, always. :P The definition of "opinion" and "preference" do not apply here most of time. With that said, I think the people on my lists are the coolest peeps on GS. :)

iDontBathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 iDontBathe
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
>.> this thread fails to the second degree ....!