Dead Space 3 demo....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#1 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

As most of you guys know the demo came out this week on the "OTHER" systems network, but no worries it will be up on the PSN next Tuesday.

I got a chance to play it so here are my quick impressions. The graphics are pretty good(as with all the Dead Space tittles) and the gameplay mechanics are the same except now you have the ability to duck. Even though this is not a pure survival horror tittle, the atmosphere is still pretty intense and the necro's look a lot more disturbing and they are HARDER to put down.

I haven't had a chance to try out the weapons modification system or co-op yet but when I do I'll post my thoughts on that as well.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

The graphics sure are impressive. They're amazing.

But that doesn't fool me. I saw through Dead Space 3's shiny graphics to see it's nothing more than another rehashed, generic shooter.

I wasn't impressed by the game as a whole. Not buying.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MarcRecon

But that doesn't fool me. I saw through Dead Space 3's shiny graphics to see it's nothing more than another rehashed, generic shooter.

I wasn't impressed by the game as a whole.

GeoffZak

:P....I can't argue with you on that...but you know what EA and all the other publishers say.....if it's not broke!!!!:lol:

undeadgoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 undeadgoon
Member since 2006 • 706 Posts

:P....I can't argue with you on that...but you know what EA and all the other publishers say.....if it's not broke!!!!:lol:

yep if its not broke.... fix it till it is...:)

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

I will be pre-ordering next week. I don't need a demo to tell me this game will be great. I have enough footage. The demo wa just gameplay footage already available on Youtube any way.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 StrongBlackVine

I wasn't impressed by the game as a whole. Not buying.

GeoffZak

Your loss then. DS3 will have plenty of tense moments in dark rooms if that is what you think you be lacking.

shoppocos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 shoppocos
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
LOL graphics sure are impressive. Good game!
badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

The weapon crafting part of the Demo alone is worth the download IMO. Unless Colonial Marines pulls off a stunner of a campaign I'll probably buy this one 1st day. I personally don't mind the direction it's headed either. I mean whats the point of building a badass weapon only to use it once in a while. Oh well my 2 centavos

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I didn't like it very much and this is coming from a huge DS fan. It looks good, but the ice on Isaac's face is horrendously pixely. Playing it wasn't the best either. It's just cheap jump scares all around that don't work. Cover shooting is TERRIBLE. WHY OH WHY IS IT IN THERE? The new necromorphs with guns are just stupid. They don't flinch at all and are just boring to fight. The drill boss was just plain bad. Co-op isn't fun either. Strategic dismemberment gets thrown out the window since your partner will shoot who you're trying to shoot which doesn't allow for accuracy, just rapid fire shooting. That's what Dead Space has devolved to: rapid fire shooting. I'm done.
Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I love it, it was a great demo. I honestly think they did a great job on the third game, the demo convinced me to pick the game up.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#11 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

The graphics are impressive just like all the others, but I'm disappointed it isn't scary.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MarcRecon

The graphics are impressive just like all the others, but I'm disappointed it isn't scary.

Venom_Raptor

Yeah, I know but it's still gonna be a solid tittle.:)

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#13 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

MarcRecon

Yeah, I know but it's still gonna be a solid tittle.:)

I agree it'll be a solid entry for the series, but the franchise has drifted away from the atmospheric environents where every second had a sense of dread.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I still need to try it out even though I've already downloaded it.

beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

I'm busy downloading it really looking forward to it hey regardless of how the demo turns out :P

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongBlackVine

Demo is about 20 minutes long so you can't judge much about the atmoshere like many are doing.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

I played few minutes ago and it is impressive as it has good visuals, however it feels like it is loosing its core deadspace feel. Not much dark corriders, instead sunny outside environments and guys who can shoot back at you. I duno, mayb im one of those stuck with the first game but its preety much going to actiony root now, just at a slower pace than Resident Evil

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarcRecon

Demo is about 20 minutes long so you can't judge much about the atmosphere

StrongBlackVine

You are correct, the game will probably have it's intense moments "BUT" the demo did do a good job of giving you a general idea of the pacing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MarcRecon

its preety much going to actiony root now, just at a slower pace than Resident Evil

megaspiderweb09

Sad but true:cry:

thekazumalord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 thekazumalord
Member since 2010 • 216 Posts

I played it a few hours ago on my PS3 and although it looked prety good visual wise.. it's just wasn't fun enough to warrent a purchase when it comes out.. i'll save my money for a better game to come out instead I think . It wasn't bad or anything mind you , in fact it was kind of fun for a while. but the character was too slow to dodge enemies especially the boss enemy.. and it took a lot of ammo to kill.. maybe i'll get in in a year or so when the price goes down to about 25 or 30 dollars , but there's no way i'd buy it when it first comes out.

beanz777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 beanz777
Member since 2009 • 156 Posts

Alrighty then. Tried it out. Definitely still felt like a dead space game to me. I only got to try the single player demo which was cool. I liked the weapon crafting a lot ther is so much variety in crafting weapons/med packs etc. Graphics wise it looked top notch apart from the initial moments when you see Isaacs face. Now that i've played the demo I am really looking forward to the full game. February 8th can't come soon enough~

HK_Rider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HK_Rider
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I was play Dead Space 1 & 2 both r amazing games i cant wait for 3:D

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

As most of you guys know the demo came out this week on the "OTHER" systems network, but no worries it will be up on the PSN next Tuesday.

I got a chance to play it so here are my quick impressions. The graphics are pretty good(as with all the Dead Space tittles) and the gameplay mechanics are the same except now you have the ability to duck. Even though this is not a pure survival horror tittle, the atmosphere is still pretty intense and the necro's look a lot more disturbing and they are HARDER to put down.

I haven't had a chance to try out the weapons modification system or co-op yet but when I do I'll post my thoughts on that as well.

MarcRecon

It is a 3rd person Sci-Fi shooter survival horror.

StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StrongBlackVine

I played it a few hours ago on my PS3 and although it looked prety good visual wise.. it's just wasn't fun enough to warrent a purchase when it comes out.. i'll save my money for a better game to come out instead I think . It wasn't bad or anything mind you , in fact it was kind of fun for a while. but the character was too slow to dodge enemies especially the boss enemy.. and it took a lot of ammo to kill.. maybe i'll get in in a year or so when the price goes down to about 25 or 30 dollars , but there's no way i'd buy it when it first comes out.

thekazumalord

You can't judge much that short demo. And he wearing a heavy ass suit so yeah he is a bit immobile. What game do you think will be better in the next few months?