Cole redesigned again... but for the better!

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

He got a haircut! And looks uglier. Sweet, looks perfect!!
videogamesasart.com/infamous2
Some of those are his E3 designs some are the new design, like the first pic.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
He looks like the first one's Cole when he was younger but still much better than that atrocity shown at E3
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 _Cadbury_
Member since 2006 • 2936 Posts
He looks like a seriously old man now.gross. I like his look with slightly longer hair.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 _Cadbury_
He looks like the first one's Cole when he was younger but still much better than that atrocity shown at E3funsohng
Atrocity?really? all thats changed is his hair... which has aged him 20 years.
lucky_star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lucky_star
Member since 2003 • 2307 Posts

Looks a bit better than the early shots, but i still prefer the old cole :( He had reasons to be angry and grumpy, he was the perfect character for moral choices.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
Cole does look a little better than the first screens of inFamous 2, but I still like the original cole better although I will settle. I'm gonna get the game no matter what.
Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

I don't like it. It seems like he is straying away from the original Cole.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

You know no matter how much they change Cole's look before release there are still going to be people who don't like it so I feel it's best for Sucker Punch to just leave Cole the way he is and concentrate on the bigger picture; levels, weapons, story, open environment etc. People will just have to learn to like Cole like they did with the first game.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]He looks like the first one's Cole when he was younger but still much better than that atrocity shown at E3_Cadbury_

come on, he looked like a Drake clone. That totally destroys why Cole was such a likable character in the first one.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

You know no matter how much they change Cole's look before release there are still going to be people who don't like it so I feel it's best for Sucker Punch to just leave Cole the way he is and concentrate on the bigger picture; levels, weapons, story, open environment etc. People will just have to learn to like Cole like they did with the first game.

Swift_Boss_A

this. i love it when a post comes together.

Kleeyook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#11 Kleeyook
Member since 2008 • 5213 Posts
I like him better than in E3 2010. He looks a lot like the old Cole, though he looks nicer and more softhearted imo.
_Cadbury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 _Cadbury_
[QUOTE="_Cadbury_"][QUOTE="funsohng"]He looks like the first one's Cole when he was younger but still much better than that atrocity shown at E3funsohng

come on, he looked like a Drake clone. That totally destroys why Cole was such a likable character in the first one.

I didn't really find him likable. Or any of the characters really. I think they could have done so much more with the game tbh.
Temps567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 Temps567
Member since 2007 • 663 Posts

well hey, I really don't care how Cole looks like. I just wanna see the New Orleans-like environment. Not much games take place in the swampy depths of a lively, older and fun city. Cant wait! Although I also wanna see him travel to other places too... like Los Angeles. I'd be thrilled to see what Compton, Watts, LBC, and Commerce looks like after a huge radiational blast that wipes out a quarter of a city block...

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

I love his pants with that white pattern and all that!

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
I still prefer the old Cole. But I'm still going to buy the game no matter what though.
CyberAltair5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#16 CyberAltair5
Member since 2008 • 1346 Posts

He looks pretty good here, way better then the E3 one.

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

A haircut? Like, really? I don't care bout his haircut i want his pants and jacket back!!!

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

I liked his Nathan Drake hair better.

DarthJohnova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 DarthJohnova
Member since 2010 • 4599 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="_Cadbury_"] Atrocity?really? all thats changed is his hair... which has aged him 20 years._Cadbury_

I didn't really find him likable. Or any of the characters really. I think they could have done so much more with the game tbh.

Aha, the first thing i thought when i saw him was that he looked like that guy from Unchartered...and i haven't even played Unchartered xD Not got a problem with that though, so long as the all-round game is good =]
TheDrunkenLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheDrunkenLord
Member since 2010 • 367 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="_Cadbury_"] Atrocity?really? all thats changed is his hair... which has aged him 20 years._Cadbury_

agreed, I liked the game, but all the lead characters were pricks. They could change any of them and I wouldn't put up a fight.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#21 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

meh, not keen on it

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Looking more like Cole from what I can tell. The shorter hair fits him much better. Cole just seems like the kind of guy who's going to keep his hair short-cropped. Looks like they changed the face a little too, but I could be mistaken there. From what I can see there I think I'd be satisfied with that look. Whatever they do I'm fine with the new threads and the tattoos. Actually I dig the tattoos, I hope they stay. No matter what I'm going to buy the game obviously. I loved the first one, yet saw much room for improvement.

Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Swift_Boss_A

A haircut? Like, really? I don't care bout his haircut i want his pants and jacket back!!!

inFamousLemon

ew then it would look like Cole never changed his clothes, no his costume in the first game should be an unlockable. His new attire is fine and I really like it.

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
Why are people so bent out of shape about the way the guy looks?
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Swift_Boss_A

Why are people so bent out of shape about the way the guy looks?chathuranga

I guess we gamers tend to get attached to characters, I know I do but I don't mind the new look of Cole.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I liked the first redesign they showed at E3. I guess it doesn't really matter though. It's not like any of us have much of a say in the matter. I'll still buy the game regardless of how he looks. And if anybody actually doesn't buy the game because they think he looks lame then they're extremely petty and will miss out on a great game for a really stupid reason.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
He looks stupid to me all 3 ways. I didn't like the way the character looked, acted or sounded in the first game and he doesn't look much better in any of the redesigns, but I still enjoyed the first game immensely and I'm going to buy the second one regardless. It's not the type of game where the character design is something I'm looking at.
grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

I think the developers are trying to bring a younger look to cole maybe to boost sales. I prefferd the older look still! Aslong as the game is good though thats the main thing.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Love those pants...

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#30 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I don't see the change & it hasn't been offically announced, so I will wait until SP brings out this "new change".....again. Plus, some of those shots show the Cole we were shown at E3.

WasacreOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WasacreOL
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

Nice graphics.

I don't really care about Cole's look. Some GTA games have bad character design for me but I still buy them for the gameplay. As long as the game is good, it's a purchase for me. :D

inFamousLemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 inFamousLemon
Member since 2010 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="inFamousLemon"]

Swift_Boss_A

ew then it would look like Cole never changed his clothes, no his costume in the first game should be an unlockable. His new attire is fine and I really like it.

I think he looks like a runner from Mirror's Edge. And i hate the *runner look*

Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
OLD Cole for the win, and i miss the voice :( he was such a badass
FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts
i liked his e3 2010 hair cut
Darkknight_13x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Darkknight_13x
Member since 2010 • 432 Posts
Get rid of the white stripes on his pants.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Swift_Boss_A

[QUOTE="Swift_Boss_A"]

[QUOTE="inFamousLemon"]

inFamousLemon

I think he looks like a runner from Mirror's Edge. And i hate the *runner look*

Well that's exactly what Cole is, a runner. I mean it was clear in the first game when Cole said that in his spare time he would run around Empire city which was the reason he took up a job as a courier since he knows the city so well. Clearly he does parkour which comes in really handy when moving around a huge environment, I feel Cole's new look better suites his persona.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

I think he looks better than the last "New Cole". I think Sucker Punch should ditch the striped pants though. They should just give him regular jeans to fit in better with the urban enivornment. He could probably lose the bar code tattoo on his left arm as well, but I'm sure thats hardly noticeable while playing

hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts
[QUOTE="funsohng"]He looks like the first one's Cole when he was younger but still much better than that atrocity shown at E3

Maybe it's a prequel... with more powers... :P
NeveorNafelian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#39 NeveorNafelian
Member since 2009 • 1706 Posts

Much much better, it just wouldn't be the same if he had hair.

Xx-Addict-xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xx-Addict-xX
Member since 2009 • 1119 Posts
This is getting worse and worse....The reason i loved InFamous 1 was because it was dark and eeries. This is starting to look more and more 'light-hearted' and cheerful with all the screen shots. I have a funny feelings this is going to be more of and RPG than of a true action game. Which would suck. InFamous rocked because of it's simple gameplay and cool missions and such. Kinda of GTA but for Superhero/Villians. This looks like a RPG as Cole the main character. I like the menacing looking Cole, gave the game edge.
Avatar image for Kevin_Butler_VP
Kevin_Butler_VP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kevin_Butler_VP
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Can't say I like it, If it's not broke why fix it?
thecoolhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 thecoolhh
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Still like the first Cole better but I will still check the game out since I loved the original.

Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts

Me neither. What was so likable about the first Cole? He looked cool as a character but he had no personality whatsoever. The new Cole looks so much better in a refreshing way and I can already tell just by looking at him that he will have personality. Overall, the new character re-designs are awesome and I'm glad they went with it. The old inFamous design was great in its days but now, but it can hardly stand on its own today. Good call, if you ask me.
coola426

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 coola426
Member since 2009 • 405 Posts

if he had the same voice but longer hair and the facial hair stuff, i'd be perfectly fine!!!

Dahaka-UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Dahaka-UK
Member since 2005 • 6915 Posts

God knows why they even changed it in the first place. I hope the game explains why he looks 20 years younger.

This looks way better. The change makes him look like a PS Home avatar, it ain't funny.

rawr89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rawr89
Member since 2010 • 1746 Posts

God knows why they even changed it in the first place. I hope the game explains why he looks 20 years younger.

This looks way better. The change makes him look like a PS Home avatar, it ain't funny.

Dahaka-UK

design was okay. i mean, he was a bald guy in a grey suit roaming around a grey city. seriously. the old cole was so lifeless and boring. inFamous 1 was about finding your inner superpowers and learing to be a hero, but right from the get-go the old Cole sounded like a prick and a jackass. he's all like, "i have superpowers, imma find the Ray Sphere!". gah. i'd like it more if he smiled and they had him in a bright-coloured outfit, and not make him this grumpy, emo guy.

Nerkle01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Nerkle01
Member since 2007 • 1254 Posts
I like him better than in E3 2010. He looks a lot like the old Cole, though he looks nicer and more softhearted imo.Kleeyook
yeah i think i preferred the other cole cuz this one looks stupid.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

not a fan at all. howd he get younger!? why does he look like hes much more innocent and less jaded? did they use paul walker and stephen dorff as character models!?

i didnt like the original game that much. i think its one of the weakest exclusives for the ps3. the sequel seems to be going in a bad direction so far...

StewieZim101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StewieZim101
Member since 2007 • 1081 Posts

I think this is funny, all this outrage that is. Imagine it like this: if I were to go back to the time when Thriller was released and say "This is what Michael Jackson will look like in the future" and hold up a picture of Michael from, say, 2008, people would exclaim that a) That that wasn't Michael; b) I'm a hater and crazy; c)There's no way Michael could look like that; or d) all of the above. Not that same situation, I know, but it's similar on the levels of hillarity.

Any way, I was OK with the way Cole looked at e3, except I thought the hair looked awkward and stuck out. However, I like this redesign a lot more, with his shorter and his face less Nathan Drake-ish. Now, if they could get rid of those stupid necklaces, the design will be perfect IMO.

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#50 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I don't mind it I think the look is bad for when Cole is doing good deeds but I do think he should look more evil like he did in the first inFAMOUS when he's bad. I do miss that jacket though from the first game.