Changing PSN ID and trophies loss (for games listed with issues but no critical issues)

TMA_Hayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TMA_Hayabusa
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Has anyone tried it? I would like to change it but I am afraid of losing a some platinums.

I am not that much of a trophy hunter but I am very proud of my Dark Souls, Nioh, Sekiro and other couple of platinums trophies.

The dark souls are marked as game with no critical issues when changing the name but still wanted to ask if somebody can verify what issues are expected. I just don't want to lose these trophies.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I don't see how trophies would be affected, but then again I don't know what exactly is meant by "critical issues". Still, I'd think since trophies are tied to your account, they wouldn't just disappear with a name change. I'm thinking the issues are more about how your name appears when playing a game online and that the ability to play some games online might be affected.

Edit: Okay, I looked into it a little more.

The most relevant part is the potential problems of changing your online ID:

• Your previous Online ID may remain visible to you and other players in some areas.
  • You may lose progress within games, including game saved data, leaderboard data, and progress towards Trophies.
  • Parts of your game and applications may not function properly both online and offline.
  • You may lose access to content (including paid-for content) that you may have acquired for your games including content like add-ons and virtual currency.

So, it seems like the worst that can happen for trophies is losing progress toward trophies you're in the progress of obtaining (say, kill x number of enemies or something). I don't see any reason to believe that any earned trophies would be erased. But I find it alarming that you can potentially lose game saved data and access to content you've paid for. Apparently reverting to your old ID should fix most issues, but the risks don't really seem worth it. I don't know why they even bothered rolling this out if it can cause such problems.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Whoever designed the PSN database is a complete moron.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

@tma_hayabusa said:

Has anyone tried it? I would like to change it but I am afraid of losing a some platinums.

I am not that much of a trophy hunter but I am very proud of my Dark Souls, Nioh, Sekiro and other couple of platinums trophies.

The dark souls are marked as game with no critical issues when changing the name but still wanted to ask if somebody can verify what issues are expected. I just don't want to lose these trophies.

What is your PSN ID?

TMA_Hayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TMA_Hayabusa

@Coolyfett: TMAStarscream

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Coolyfett

@tma_hayabusa said:

Man!! thats a cool ID! You want to dump Starscream one of the classic 80s villians of all time? You gotta hella trophies under that ID too. You sure you wanna give it up?

https://my.playstation.com/profile/TMAStarscream/trophies

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Why do you wanna change your name? Some I get, but that seems like a good one.

PS360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 PS360
Member since 2019 • 25 Posts

I wouldn't risk it, not until it's 100% safe to use without risking your games and account.

TMA_Hayabusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TMA_Hayabusa
@Coolyfett said:
@tma_hayabusa said:

Man!! thats a cool ID! You want to dump Starscream one of the classic 80s villians of all time? You gotta hella trophies under that ID too. You sure you wanna give it up?

Thanks! I used to like it a lot a long time ago, but I am more inclined now into Japanese names. The only reason I dont change it is because I dont want to compromise my platinums :s I work hard on some of these.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Coolyfett

@tma_hayabusa said:
@Coolyfett said:
@tma_hayabusa said:

Thanks! I used to like it a lot a long time ago, but I am more inclined now into Japanese names. The only reason I dont change it is because I dont want to compromise my platinums :s I work hard on some of these.

Dont risk it yet. Until there is news the change is totally full proof. Coolyfett will be Coolyfett forever and Coolyfett's grave stone will read:

Here Lies Coolyfett

DOB - DOD

The family is already aware of this request.