can uncharted 2 be better then MGS4??

• 104 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

winner-ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 winner-ps3
Member since 2007 • 2364 Posts

It'll most definitely be an amazing game like the first, most likely better. But as a long-time MGS fan, I highly doubt it can outdo MGS4. MGS4 defines the meaning of epic.

Melkari
agreed
crix3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 crix3
Member since 2008 • 552 Posts

The thing is of course it can be better than MGS4, any game can be better than MGS4. Does that mean that they are? Probably not. You can never tell untill youve played it though, my point is just every game ever created has the chance to become the best, but do most do it? No.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="jasonharris48"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"]i dont get why ppl praised MGS4's single player campaign. it was so short on GAMEPLAY is not even funny. I thought we're into Video Games because of the INTERACTION but it's seem the ratio of gameplay to cutscene is 70% to 30% and that depends how u play. On a GAMEPLAY standpoint MGS4 aint touching MGS2 and as a whole MGS4 aint touching MGS1. MGS4 online is top notch thoughPSP107

All MGS titles are short on gameplay but this title was an exception. It had two-three times more gameplay than the other MGS titles. It just to bad it wasn't good as MGS2,1, and 3 when it came to story.

i disagree, MGS1 and 2 throughout the game had alot tasks u had to do before u progress. 3 was a good go though but it was missing those objectives that MGS1 and 2 had. MGS4 was like 3 as it seem like just make ur way from 1 end to other. MGS2 and 3 story telling was horrible while they did a good job with MGS4. But MGS1 was a Masterpeice. Thats a perfect 10

No offense but MGS4 story wasn't as great as the first three MGS4 titles it was poorly executed compared to them and the ending was a utter joke.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18809 Posts
personally i thought between MGS2 3 and 4, 4 story telling made more sense then 2 and 3.
Ghoul_et_OMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ghoul_et_OMC
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

Don't see y not, it has the potential but we'll see when it comes out.

beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
I like both titles, but to be honest I had more fun. and connected more with Uncharted. AGAIN, both are great titles. I give the edge to Uncharted. So when it comes to the sequel, yes it has the potential for ME PERSONALLY to be a much better experience then MGS4. To tell you the honest truth, on top of it all, I enjoyed Snake Eater more than MGS4. 4 was VERY GOOD, but not the gift from God that a lot of people make it out to be.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
In terms of sales MGS4 wins hands down. In terms of gameplay it will be close. I am a huge fan of MGS4 and the MGS series. I loved every minute. Uncharted was also very epic with an amazing story. I say both are amazing in their own ways and if you don't own a PS3 then you should get one for both of these games. 360 is dead, the PS3 is just getting started.
warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts

Not enough backstory to trump the MGS experience. I'm sure it will be a great game however.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
yes uncharted2 probably the best ps3 this fall
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

Of course not. I highly doubt it. I'm expecting it to be a great sequel. Don't start with the "is X going to be better than MGS4?" threads plz because we've been saying this for the past year for other games and it turned out to be wrong and far from true. Uncharted storyline is awesome but predictable to be honest. It's no where as deep and detailed as the Metal Gear games. The gameplay in MGS4 is very detailed and you can do alot in many ways. There are actual boss fights in Metal Gear games and in MGS4 that are truly epic whereas in Uncharted there was nothing particular special. The cast of characters, voice actors, music, sound, unique art style, character models, 70 weapons, etc.... all contribute into saying "NO uncharted 2 just can't be better than MGS4" in anyway. Maybe graphically yea but that goes with every game, it's easy to push the graphics to the next level, that's what everybody been doing for the past 4 years now but it's not easy to surpass every aspect MGS4 is offering to gamers. I just can't see it happening that easily. Just think before saying "Yes" to such question.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Uncharted > Metal Gear Solid 4.

That said, sure.

eddyka2

This ^

yupp
smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

It would have to be a pretty darn special game to beat MGS4, but there is a slight chance.

el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

MGS4 is the work, the vision of an auteur at his apex. In my opinion it has the best narrative, cinematography and gameplay in the entire series and consequentlyleagues above anything in theindustry. It is unique and delivers on levels far beyond what is is shown and said.

Uncharted, like most of the games out there, is cut from the standard mold, it is a collective vision, it has great visuals, casual friendly gameplay, a lot of action and explosions, your standard adventure flick characters, straightforward and easy on the brain story and narrative, all of which ultimatelly deliver an enjoyable yet forgetable and an all too commonexperience. There's nothing so farto suggest Uncharted 2 will be any different.

In the end, people that take flash over substabce will prefer Uncharted, while the others MGS4. Critically and comercially though, i don't think the succes of MGS4 will be easily reproduced.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
No, this game is already getting overhyped. I can see the multiplayer being fun for a week before people stop and go back to the games they're really addicted to.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I don't think so. Nothing will come close to MGS4 this generation, imo. Well... maybe a new MGS will. Uncharted 2 will be awesome though.
Cone_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Cone_Zone
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts
I didn't like MGS4, so...yes.
mozesx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mozesx
Member since 2004 • 4049 Posts

not even close

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#68 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I highly, highly doubt it will.

What makes Metal Gear Solid 4 and the franchise in general so memorable and outstanding isn't to much the gameplay value which is great on its own.

The story and characters are something Uncharted does not posses in compare to 20 years of Metal Gear.

I really enjoy Uncharted but it has a long way, if ever, to be compared to MGS.

What I believe is that it doesn't have to. So far, Uncharted is leaning into it's own universe and really shouldn't be compared to Metal Gear.

I expect more great games in Uncharted world from Naughty Dog - fantastic developer.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I think it will be better.
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
in my mind MGS4 and Uncharted are see-sawing at the "(my) favourite ps3 game" spot. If Uncharted 2 > Uncharted:DF, then well...., there may no longer be a see-saw.
wendt360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 wendt360
Member since 2009 • 324 Posts

i liked the first uncharted but it wasn't nearly as good as metal gear solid 4

uncharted will have to change a lot to make it better than mgs4!!!!!!

Ronin893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#72 Ronin893
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts

I think that it is to soon to think about that. Uncharted has to build a history first before we can have this discussion. History is what makes the MGS franchise so great.

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#73 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

You can't really compare a movie with a game. at least Uncharted 2 will have more than 5 hours of game play.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 THQ88

You can't really compare a movie with a game. at least Uncharted 2 will have more than 5 hours of game play.

CoreoVII

Cheap talk and you are wrong. FYI, Uncharted 1 was 7 hours long including cutscenes so what the hell? Plus, MGS4 and all of the other Metal Gear games have HIGH replayability value and you can play the game in many ways with alot alot of unlockables that keep you busy for months. Last but not least, Metal Gear games are masterpieces and I highly doubt Uncharted will be remembered and respected for years and generations like Metal Gear games proved to be not to mention the genius behind them Hideo Kojima who recently won 2 "Lifetime Achievement" awards and was nominated by Famitsu as "Man of the Year". By the way, they nominated Snake as "Character of The Year" which adds a plus to this topic and makes more sense to it.

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

You can't really compare a movie with a game. at least Uncharted 2 will have more than 5 hoursof game play.

Cheap talk and you are wrong. FYI, Uncharted 1 was 7 hours long including cutscenes so what the hell? Plus, MGS4 and all of the other Metal Gear games have HIGH replayability value and you can play the game in many ways with alot alot of unlockables that keep you busy for months. Last but not least, Metal Gear games are masterpieces and I highly doubt Uncharted will be remembered and respected for years and generations like Metal Gear games proved to be not to mention the genius behind them Hideo Kojima who recently won 2 "Lifetime Achievement" awards and was nominated by Famitsu as "Man of the Year". By the way, they nominated Snakeas "Character of The Year" which adds a plus to this topic and makes more sense to it.

listen to this character. He knows what he's talking about. How could you even ask this question??
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 THQ88

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

You can't really compare a movie with a game. at least Uncharted 2 will have more than 5 hoursof game play.

ANIALATOR136

Cheap talk and you are wrong. FYI, Uncharted 1 was 7 hours long including cutscenes so what the hell? Plus, MGS4 and all of the other Metal Gear games have HIGH replayability value and you can play the game in many ways with alot alot of unlockables that keep you busy for months. Last but not least, Metal Gear games are masterpieces and I highly doubt Uncharted will be remembered and respected for years and generations like Metal Gear games proved to be not to mention the genius behind them Hideo Kojima who recently won 2 "Lifetime Achievement" awards and was nominated by Famitsu as "Man of the Year". By the way, they nominated Snakeas "Character of The Year" which adds a plus to this topic and makes more sense to it.

listen to this character. He knows what he's talking about. How could you even ask this question??

listen to this character? :P

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#77 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I wasn't that keen on MGS4, so yes.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18809 Posts
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

Cheap talk and you are wrong. FYI, Uncharted 1 was 7 hours long including cutscenes so what the hell? Plus, MGS4 and all of the other Metal Gear games have HIGH replayability value and you can play the game in many ways with alot alot of unlockables that keep you busy for months. Last but not least, Metal Gear games are masterpieces and I highly doubt Uncharted will be remembered and respected for years and generations like Metal Gear games proved to be not to mention the genius behind them Hideo Kojima who recently won 2 "Lifetime Achievement" awards and was nominated by Famitsu as "Man of the Year". By the way, they nominated

But im sure Uncharted cut's scenes wasn't hours more than actual gameplay. for every 5 mins of gameplay there is 50 min cuts
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I love it when people make will this game better than Metal Gear Solid 4 threads. After almost a year and people STILL talk about MGS4 as if it came out recently, amazing! Comes to show you that MGS4 is the only true masterpiece on the PS3.

ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ANIALATOR136
[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="ANIALATOR136"][QUOTE="THQ88"]

listen to this character? :P

lol bloke then
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 THQ88

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="CoreoVII"]

PSP107

Cheap talk and you are wrong. FYI, Uncharted 1 was 7 hours long including cutscenes so what the hell? Plus, MGS4 and all of the other Metal Gear games have HIGH replayability value and you can play the game in many ways with alot alot of unlockables that keep you busy for months. Last but not least, Metal Gear games are masterpieces and I highly doubt Uncharted will be remembered and respected for years and generations like Metal Gear games proved to be not to mention the genius behind them Hideo Kojima who recently won 2 "Lifetime Achievement" awards and was nominated by Famitsu as "Man of the Year". By the way, they nominated

But im sure Uncharted cut's scenes wasn't hours more than actual gameplay. for every 5 mins of gameplay there is 50 min cuts

I call that exaggeration and what the hell is wrong with you people?

markmartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 markmartin
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Yes, it can be better, but will it? I doubt it. I think it will be an amazing game but MGS4 for me was more then playing a game. MGS4 immersed you into a world of new characters and old ones, with stunning graphics and a great story to follow. Uncharted on the other hand was fun, full of detailed levels and action packed but I felt like the story was lacking and a little repetitive. SO for me if U2 brings the same action and detailed levels and increases the story it may be better then MGS4.

good-haink

Cone_Zone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Cone_Zone
Member since 2009 • 235 Posts

I love it when people make will this game better than Metal Gear Solid 4 threads. After almost a year and people STILL talk about MGS4 as if it came out recently, amazing! Comes to show you that MGS4 is the only true masterpiece on the PS3.

WR_Platinum
People still talk about 007, Ocarina of Time, and No Mercy for N64. I guess that must mean those games are even better than MGS4 since they are older.
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ANIALATOR136
WTF? No way can you dis the cutscenes. They were fantastically created and worth a whole lot more than just gameplay. Gameplay is nothing without a decent story and cutscenes. How dare you people attack the MGS franchise like that! You people ought to learn what a true game is! No offence
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

CoreoVII

Well it isn't like any of the MGS titles were long to begin with. Although my first MGS4 playthrough was around 17 hours and most of that was gameplay. Also Uncharted was pretty short too. BTW your post is pretty funny considering your avatar pic is a character from a Final Fantasy game LOL.

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 WR_Platinum

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Cone_Zone

People still talk about 007, Ocarina of Time, and No Mercy for N64. I guess that must mean those games are even better than MGS4 since they are older.

Of course Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time and WWF No Mercy are clasics on the N64, but read what I said again carefully and then post something relevant and not about games that have been out for more than a decade ago.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 THQ88

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Cone_Zone

Guess what? people are still talking about Super Mario Bros. which is 24 years old. Does that make it a better game? No. It's not about time it's about the comparisons that people keep doing with MGS4 and MGS games in general. They keep bringing up the "X vs MGS4" fight topics over and over and they've been doing this ever since MGS4's launch and I can't blame them because truly it's a masterpiece and set the standards high as far as video games and Hollywood go :P

CVM_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CVM_123
Member since 2008 • 1265 Posts

no mgs4 was amazing uncharted 2 maybe good but it wont beat mgs4 no game will beat it atleast for now...

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 THQ88

[QUOTE="Cone_Zone"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

WR_Platinum

Of course Goldeneye, Ocarina of Time and WWF No Mercy are clasics on the N64, but read what I said again carefully and then post something relevant and not about games that have been out for more than a decade ago.

He might have forgotten about MGS1 which is 11 years old and the game that changed alot in gaming(introducing stealth in the 3D world) and became a reference to many game developers as the "masterpiece" in the stealth genre and the game of the 5th generation.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#90 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

There's no such thing as 'better than MGS4' so I'm saying no. :P

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 WR_Platinum

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

[QUOTE="Cone_Zone"] People still talk about 007, Ocarina of Time, and No Mercy for N64. I guess that must mean those games are even better than MGS4 since they are older.THQ88

He might have forgotten about MGS1 which is 11 years old and the game that changed alot in gaming(introducing stealth in the 3D world) and became a reference to many game developers as the "masterpiece" in the stealth genre and the game of the 5th generation.

Metal Gear Solid is the pioneer of the Stealth games we see today in 3D (and still king in that division). Hideo Kojima redefined the genre he once created back on the MSX. Then this guy who quoted me, spoke about something that came out way before the PS2 came out lol. Does that even make sense? I swear the more I see these threads, the more I laugh at how people try and hate so much on an obvious masterpiece that has both flash and substance.

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 THQ88

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

WR_Platinum

Metal Gear Solid is the pioneer of the Stealth games we see today in 3D (and still king in that division). Hideo Kojima redefined the genre he once created back on the MSX. Then this guy who quoted me, spoke about something that came out way before the PS2 came out lol. Does that even make sense? I swear the more I see these threads, the more I laugh at how people try and hate so much on an obvious masterpiece that has both flash and substance.

Indeed. No wonder why Kojima is the most respected game developer in the industry. No wonder why he won 2 lifetime achievement awards. No wonder why he was picked "Man of The Year" by Famitsu. No wonder why IGN entered MGS to the Hall of Fame. No wonder why MGS4 won every damn awards without any exceptions including the GOTY award on GameSpot. No wonder why MGS4 won every damn readers' choice on any of the awards where MGS4 was featured on almost every site. No wonder why MGS4 is the best selling PS3 exclusive. No wonder why peope keep talking and comparing games to Metal Gear. Dude I can go on forever. You might hate it but just don't ignore the fact it's a masterpiece to millions and recognized as one of the best games of all time. Metal Gear FTW and Kojima keep doing them!

Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

Can't judge yet, it might. We'll see when it's released :P.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

When it comes to MGS4, it always turns intoa fanboy war, which really says something about how good the game is eh?

YekDastan316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 YekDastan316
Member since 2009 • 707 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

THQ88

Indeed. No wonder why Kojima is the most respected game developer in the industry. No wonder why he won 2 lifetime achievement awards. No wonder why he was picked "Man of The Year" by Famitsu. No wonder why IGN entered MGS to the Hall of Fame. No wonder why MGS4 won every damn awards without any exceptions including the GOTY award on GameSpot. No wonder why MGS4 won every damn readers' choice on any of the awards where MGS4 was featured on almost every site. No wonder why MGS4 is the best selling PS3 exclusive. No wonder why peope keep talking and comparing games to Metal Gear. Dude I can go on forever. You might hate it but just don't ignore the fact it's a masterpiece to millions and recognized as one of the best games of all time. Metal Gear FTW and Kojima keep doing them!

couldnt have said it better my self.....

2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

Another this game can beat that game thread. :( MGS4 is a wonderful amazing game. Uncharted will be equally awesome in its own way.

SirOWNZalot86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SirOWNZalot86
Member since 2008 • 695 Posts

no.. just stop right there... only MGS5 will top MGS4

shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

i loved both games so i think it will come close...

successful19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 successful19
Member since 2009 • 307 Posts
yes it will.mgs4 is a slow paced game from what i played on the demo. the graphics is the only amazing thing about it
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

THQ88

nicely put