Camping is the main tactic in BFBC2

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

has anyone else noticed that this game has the most campers of any FPS this gen? It kind of wants to make me go back to MW2 which I thought would never happen.

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
Well Bad Company is supposed to be realistic, isn't it? So it'd only be realistic if there was campers. In real life you won't see people charging an opposing force; they'd only get mowed down.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Its not called camping in BFBC2. Its called strategy. You can't run and gun in a realistic wargame, dude, you'll get your butt blown away. That's why everyone uses cover, mounted weapons, vehicles, etc. This isn't MW2. If that's the kinda game you prefer then that's the kinda game you should be playing.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
You can't just run out firing bullets and expect to win in BC2, or a lot of shooters that actually use real tactics out there. The Call of duty series you can do that, BC2 you can't. You can try, but your not going to make it far.
yworry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 yworry69
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

HOW can camping be the main tactic when you need to constantly be moving around to take points in one mode and you need to constantly push ahead and bomb sites in the other mode? Did you mean for the defenders? Did you really think the post through?

even in the 4v4v4v4 it's about locking down an area, not camping. go back to unreal tournament

running out in the open will get you shot 100% of the time yes, but moving through the foliage and moving with vehicles/your team is the key to success

VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Yeah what are defenders supposed to do ?

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
[QUOTE="yworry69"]

HOW can camping be the main tactic when you need to constantly be moving around to take points in one mode and you need to constantly push ahead and bomb sites in the other mode? Did you mean for the defenders? Did you really think the post through?

even in the 4v4v4v4 it's about locking down an area, not camping. go back to unreal tournament

running out in the open will get you shot 100% of the time yes, but moving through the foliage and moving with vehicles/your team is the key to success

Yeah what are defenders supposed to do ?

VD_Demon-101
Haha. Good points.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 p2250

I was talking about Squad deathmatch in particular, it just seems to me that everybody camps or barely moves, even people not using the recon class. With a gamae like Rush, you don't have to camp and wait for the approach, you can push the other team back by charging them. That would be much more fun than hiding in a bush with an LMG on top of a hill.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Too many snipers, too many mortar strikes. I wouldn't say "camping" is a problem. It's actually pretty hard to be a "lone camper" successfully around the objectives, but if you are playing a sniper or trying to set up a spawn point for your squad then it's basically part of the strategy of the game. I've run into plenty of dumbasses though that do some cheap stuff. The worst thing I've seen is some guy from the opposing team was camping at our base planting C4 on the helicopter. He was acting alone - but as time has gone on I've seen a few more do it as well. He got me in the helicopter twice because I wasn't sure what happened the first time. Then I spawned and tried to go after him, but he killed me a third time. Just about smashed the controller at that one. Finally got him the 4th time. Another annoying thing is that you can bail out of a helicopter or tank at the last second right before the thing blows up. I take advantage of it when I'm in a tank. But it's annoying when you nail a tank with a missle or mortar strike and the guy bails at the last second. That's not really realistic.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts

I was talking about Squad deathmatch in particular, it just seems to me that everybody camps or barely moves, even people not using the recon class. With a gamae like Rush, you don't have to camp and wait for the approach, you can push the other team back by charging them. That would be much more fun than hiding in a bush with an LMG on top of a hill.

p2250
It is a battlefield game. People don't run out guns blazing. People sit back and wait for you to come to them. Especially in Squad deathmatch. I tried running off by myself in that game type and I got destroyed, after that I played smart. You will be surprised at how many shooters play this way.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
so camping is ok in bfbc2 but if you camp in mw2 then you're a noob???? just asking.... dont really care much for fps, but mw multiplayer is fun though
Duxsox56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Duxsox56
Member since 2009 • 1186 Posts

So from what I have gathered from this thread... Camping in BFBC2 is okay because it helps you win? Couldn't the same be said about MW2? People wouldn't camp if it didn't help them win, but it is still a lame thing to do. What would the game be like if everybody camped? BOOOORING

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
well mortar them mo..fo's thats what i do when a game is full of snipers.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

so camping is ok in bfbc2 but if you camp in mw2 then you're a noob???? just asking.... dont really care much for fps, but mw multiplayer is fun thoughjohnlennon28

there is a difference between a run and gun shooter like mw2 and strategic shooter like bc2

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

its a battlefield, of corse there are campers in abattlefield. it wouldnt be a fps if it doesnt have a camper

yworry69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 yworry69
Member since 2003 • 89 Posts

So from what I have gathered from this thread... Camping in BFBC2 is okay because it helps you win? Couldn't the same be said about MW2? People wouldn't camp if it didn't help them win, but it is still a lame thing to do. What would the game be like if everybody camped? BOOOORING

Duxsox56
you gathered wrong. it's not camping if you're moving around your HUGE BASE defending objectives. In fact I can't even really think of a time where camping would be the least bit beneficial in this game EXCEPT in squad death match and even then vehicles and spotters make quick work of them. I suggest you guys learn 2 play and learn the class abilities and unlock some stuff like mortar strike if you're having trouble with campers
shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

[QUOTE="Duxsox56"]

yworry69

you gathered wrong. it's not camping if you're moving around your HUGE BASE defending objectives. In fact I can't even really think of a time where camping would be the least bit beneficial in this game EXCEPT in squad death match and even then vehicles and spotters make quick work of them. I suggest you guys learn 2 play and learn the class abilities and unlock some stuff like mortar strike if you're having trouble with campers

Agreed with wat yworry said. There is tons of good reason you should campin BC2 camping is needed if yourthenearest one to the traget and everyone on your squaddiesand can respawnto you,and if your playing as a defender then its smarter to camp than leave it with noone able to reach it. Plus you can destory buildings so camping in them for more than a few mins is almost impossible unless your not doing anything

canesmang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 canesmang
Member since 2008 • 161 Posts

Taking cover and camping are two different things. The word camping gets thrown around by those who can't play way to much now.I suggest you stay away from games with actual guns in them. Stick to laser guns, plasma guns, and force shields. ;)

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Yes there are campers but they can be taken care of by destroying the buildings or looking out in the edges of the map. What fps game doesnt have campers though?

zbdyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 zbdyx
Member since 2007 • 2055 Posts
Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.
The_saint1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_saint1976
Member since 2003 • 258 Posts
camping is for losers, time to go back to MAG.
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

yea if you want to take out "campers" then

A. Dont Suck

and

B. you need coordination with your team to take them out.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Its not called camping in BFBC2. Its called strategy. You can't run and gun in a realistic wargame, dude, you'll get your butt blown away. That's why everyone uses cover, mounted weapons, vehicles, etc. This isn't MW2. If that's the kinda game you prefer then that's the kinda game you should be playing. TheEldestGod

Couldn't agree more..

Besides, isn't that what "sneaking up" and flank positions are meant for? Also in this game, you could just blast the buildings away! Come on TC, what more do you want?:lol:

jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

Too many snipers, too many mortar strikes. I wouldn't say "camping" is a problem. It's actually pretty hard to be a "lone camper" successfully around the objectives, but if you are playing a sniper or trying to set up a spawn point for your squad then it's basically part of the strategy of the game. I've run into plenty of dumbasses though that do some cheap stuff. The worst thing I've seen is some guy from the opposing team was camping at our base planting C4 on the helicopter. He was acting alone - but as time has gone on I've seen a few more do it as well. He got me in the helicopter twice because I wasn't sure what happened the first time. Then I spawned and tried to go after him, but he killed me a third time. Just about smashed the controller at that one. Finally got him the 4th time. Another annoying thing is that you can bail out of a helicopter or tank at the last second right before the thing blows up. I take advantage of it when I'm in a tank. But it's annoying when you nail a tank with a missle or mortar strike and the guy bails at the last second. That's not really realistic.

2Chalupas
hahahahaha well thats your fault! and I have no qualms with jumping out of a near death heli/tank,,,, HOW BOUT YOU JUMP OUT EARLIER? instead of waiting till the very last second haha./
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

yworry69

HOW ABOUT SPAWNING ON THE SQUAD YOU SHOULD HAVE JOINED INSTEAD OF BEING EASY BAIT. THEN YOU SPOT HIM, THEN YOU TELL YOUR TEAM WHERE HE IS, THEN HE HAS A 10 MINUTE HIKE BACK. HE IS NOT HELPING HIS TEAM Christ it's like you guys don't use your brain at all when you play

I usually I do spawn on a squad, but in this case I just felt like using the helicopter. I obviously could have spawned on squad or on one of the bases my team had taken over. Plus I don't have a mic anyway so it's not like I can TELL anybody where he was. Guy pissed me off and was camping in a corner so I figured it would be easy enough to take him out. Unfortunately I'm a bad aim and he was armed with a shotgun, so he one shotted me. 2nd time I got him with a grenade since the idiot went back to the same hiding spot.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 2Chalupas

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

jerkface96

hahahahaha well thats your fault! and I have no qualms with jumping out of a near death heli/tank,,,, HOW BOUT YOU JUMP OUT EARLIER? instead of waiting till the very last second haha./

The chopper crash animation is just funny to watch. I've scoped players jumping out of helicopter and it looks like they are getting shot out of a cannon when the chopper is spinning around. All of a sudden they just spawn outside the helicopter and are tossed aside. Yet unless the helicopter debri actually LANDS ON THEM, they'll pretty much always live.

With the tank, "when to bail" is almost a strategic move. When the tank explodes it gives you a little cover to run around and try to get whoever is trying to C4 or RPG you. Esp if they are trying to get close. Heck they might think you are dead when you spawn outside the tank you can sometimes catch people by surprise.

Saulgill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Saulgill
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

hey if you dont like em camping shoot there building with an rpg thats what most people do

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.zbdyx

thats it, right there. Ohhh god do most of the Recce players suck. What i hate, is when you get a good spot and are kicking butt, only to get to more players come to you and just start shooting everything that moves. Thus giving your Position away.

I, on the other hand, wait for that slight window to squeeze off that round. Patience. I also have no problem sniping from the oposite side of tha maps, you know, when you are aiming like 20 ft above the target lol

-----I was playing earlier, and our whole team was snipers, exept for maybe 3, who where demo'n. Man was that a slaughter fest for us, twas hilarious!

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

p2250
Go for it then. I think it's pretty hard to tell someone that they aren't having fun right.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#31 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I hated the multiplayer since there wasn't enough players in a game, even when it was full. Theres too much walking around looking for battles than actual fun gameplay constant. Plus there are noobs which stay in the tanks the whole game :roll: MW2 is far better imo

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

What's that? A camper in a building!?

BOOM

Building gone. Problem solved.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 p2250

Duxsox56

IMO camping is worst in BFBC2, although overall the game is much better than MW2 and much less cheap because of the absence of killstreaks and ridicious perks like Commando.

I'm kinda optimistic that once people start to learn the maps better and gain more confidence with the feel of the game, camping will become less of an issue, or they will just become bored with camping and start having fun. *fingers crossed*.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 p2250

hey if you dont like em camping shoot there building with an rpg thats what most people do

Saulgill

The campers in the buildings are not that much of a problem, it's the ones that just sit in a bush or in tall grass or a mile away on top of a hill. When you have mutlipe players doing this at once it's becomes hard to move at all without getting killed. In MW2, campers were easy to spot and kill, the locations are so predictable and the maps are small so no camper is safe for long.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 p2250

Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.zbdyx

lol, ya I know how you feel, last night I was playing assault and every other player on my team was playing recon, so it was me essentially running around the village/desert city level by myself against 3 other squads while the rest of my team were sitting up in the hills.

1bigsmoke55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 1bigsmoke55
Member since 2007 • 6856 Posts

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.p2250

lol, ya I know how you feel, last night I was playing assault and every other player on my team was playing recon, so it was me essentially running around the village/desert city level by myself against 3 other squads while the rest of my team were sitting up in the hills.

i use recon, but im decent. i'm using assault to rush and to see the crazy warzone instead of sitting back and picking off people.

MondasM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 MondasM
Member since 2008 • 1897 Posts
the job of the recon player is recon, you spot people from the distance, stay close to the objective and throw motion sensors to aid your team near an objective and make sure that the opposing team's recon players do not succeed at this... :)
Proflex09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Proflex09
Member since 2009 • 157 Posts

Agreed

Its not called camping in BFBC2. Its called strategy. You can't run and gun in a realistic wargame, dude, you'll get your butt blown away. That's why everyone uses cover, mounted weapons, vehicles, etc. This isn't MW2. If that's the kinda game you prefer then that's the kinda game you should be playing. TheEldestGod

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Reemer99
Member since 2009 • 875 Posts

[QUOTE="Saulgill"]

p2250

The campers in the buildings are not that much of a problem, it's the ones that just sit in a bush or in tall grass or a mile away on top of a hill. When you have mutlipe players doing this at once it's becomes hard to move at all without getting killed. In MW2, campers were easy to spot and kill, the locations are so predictable and the maps are small so no camper is safe for long.

Use select to spot and fire away or flank them and knife them all. You always have the advantage if they are camping in a bush or a hill.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Reemer99

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.p2250

Boo hoo:cry:, either switch games or get some friends/clan. You know, this is a "squad" based game.

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="zbdyx"]Well, it pisses me off when half of my team is full of recon snipers who suck ass and I have to pick up all of the slack. It seems like 50% of the players are recon players.Reemer99

Boo hoo:cry:, either switch games or get some friends/clan. You know, this is a "squad" based game.

I did, I quit the game and went to another one and again most people were using recon. Almost every game is dominated with recons.

Reemer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Reemer99

[QUOTE="Reemer99"]

p2250

I did, I quit the game and went to another one and again most people were using recon. Almost every game is dominated with recons.

That has not been my experience but then again, I always squad up with 2-3 PSN friends.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

I guess no one plays hardcore mode?

It's a ******** joke, particularly while playing RUSH.

Because of the fact that there are no little triangles over everyones head and no kill cams everyone just hides in the bushes with their sniper rifles. Now, that isn't a problem while defending but the problem is while attacking most people feel the need to camp in the bushes to increase their K.D ratio. The problem with doing that while attacking is that YOU ONLY HAVE A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF KILLS TO ARM AND EXPLODE THE OBJECTIVES. Most people seem to not care.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#44 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
Battlefield has always had some sort of camping going on. Its not because of tactics either. Its because of the nature of the game. In Rush mode, the defenders will camp and snipe. They know exactly where you are going, so what else are they supposed to do? Conquest mode is not nearly as bad, but you occasionally have someone who decides to spawn camp a flag with a tank, or a defender that camps a flag waiting for an attacker to try to get it.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 p2250

[QUOTE="p2250"]

[QUOTE="Reemer99"]

Reemer99

That has not been my experience but then again, I always squad up with 2-3 PSN friends.

I should start doing that for sure and rotate who plays recon.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

There is a bit difference between the camping in MW2 and the camping in BFBC2:

MW2: The majority of players will play any gametype as a deathmatch, camping despite the objective for the purpose to get kills while the actual purpose of the map is tackled by a few players. Tools available promote players to camp and so do the rewards. Actually doing the objective does not give the player any insentive by means of extra XP. The guy running around the map shooting at people will get much more points than the person guarding the flag etc.

BFBC2: The majority of players will use tactics depending on the situation for the objective. If its a rush, attackers will attack, defenders will camp. If its conquest, players will lock down an area around the objective. Tools available for the players promote teamwork, and so do the rewards. Actually doing the objective gives the players MUCH more xp. The guy running around the map shooting at people will not get as many points as the person guarding the objective etc.

On another note, in MW2 campers can go back to the same spot relocating between maybe 1-3 spots and get massive kills. In BFBC2, a camper needs to move as the game progresses or have his spot blown away so he can't return. In this sense, its not really camping because he can't sit all day in one spot, he has to continually relocate.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Nope, maybe you just play Rush mode where the defense is supposed to camp :lol: . The only few campers ive seen were on the Conquest map with the damn (Laguna something), usually a guy with a shotgun in a bush. All you have to do is spot them by hovering your reticle over them and press Select so your Squad can see him and take action accordingly.... maybe you didnt know this.

nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

MW2: The majority of players will play any gametype as a deathmatch, camping despite the objective for the purpose to get kills while the actual purpose of the map is tackled by a few players. Tools available promote players to camp and so do the rewards. Actually doing the objective does not give the player any insentive by means of extra XP. The guy running around the map shooting at people will get much more points than the person guarding the flag etc.

BFBC2: The majority of players will use tactics depending on the situation for the objective. If its a rush, attackers will attack, defenders will camp. If its conquest, players will lock down an area around the objective. Tools available for the players promote teamwork, and so do the rewards. Actually doing the objective gives the players MUCH more xp. The guy running around the map shooting at people will not get as many points as the person guarding the objective etc.

On another note, in MW2 campers can go back to the same spot relocating between maybe 1-3 spots and get massive kills. In BFBC2, a camper needs to move as the game progresses or have his spot blown away so he can't return. In this sense, its not really camping because he can't sit all day in one spot, he has to continually relocate.

Ninja_Zombie83

+17

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 p2250

Nope, maybe you just play Rush mode where the defense is supposed to camp :lol: . The only few campers ive seen were on the Conquest map with the damn (Laguna something), usually a guy with a shotgun in a bush. All you have to do is spot them by hovering your reticle over them and press Select so your Squad can see him and take action accordingly.... maybe you didnt know this.

nitsud_19

I do that when I spot campers, but the problem is spotting them first; the maps are so large and there's o many camping spots that trying to spot mark enemies is futile and quite frankly boring. Do people not like action?

p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 p2250

Ninja_Zombie83

I rarely see people camp in MW2 except on games like Domination; In BFC2it seems to me that camping is all anyone does. I played a game of SDM an hour ago and I kept running into buildings with the entire squad up in the attic camping. I've seen this many times and is unlike any camping I've come across in MW2 where it's usually just one or two noobs doing it.

You can defend an objective without camping.