Bioshock's story vs Metal Gear Solid's story

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snakeeyes8855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Snakeeyes8855
Member since 2007 • 136 Posts
[QUOTE="edthetinker"]

First of all if somebody has Snake or a Big Daddy in their profile pic ignore their comments.

If you are looking for a story driven game, and you are well read... Bioshock. The game mixes German existentialism and American objectivism with action and horror in a completely unique way. I have never seen video-games as both intellectual and art in the same way that I saw Bioshock.

I happen to be very well read on both those philosophies. It was my number one hobby (reading philosophers) at a point in time. That's what REALLY gets me, when listening to Andrew Ryan for that short time in the demo-- makes me really want to understand where he is coming from. MGS is deeply rooted in philosophy too, although I couldn't tell you specifically what branch. I watched the first 40 minutes of MGS 3 gameplay cinematics and it seems pretty sharp. It is my belief that most people would tell me to "shop" for the upcoming titles for the second half of 2009. But I want to hear what some of those MGS lovers would tell me. Would they still stick with this series, if like me, they knew that all these fantastic games were coming out pretty soon in the Fall and Winter? Would those who loved both MGS and Bioshock for what they were, tell me that its like trading off apples and oranges and staying in the market for the upcoming ps3 games is more worth it than going back and playing older MGS games... I'm actually leaning on going back on the MGS games honestly...
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#52 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

If the only reason you don't want to pick MGS4 is because you don't want to play the nonPS3 MG games, then my advice to you is to simply play MGS4 and skip the older MG games.

So you won't get a few easter eggs or you won't instantly understand some of the relationships between the characters when they walk onscreen - I think you'll live. And I think you will be able to figure out the important stuff if you pay attention to what the characters say to each other.

I have played all the MG games, and guess what-I played them out of order. The first MG I played was Sons of Liberty and I loved it on my first playthrough. Later on I played the Twin Snakes and realized I missed out on some references to that game when I played SoL, but the fact remains that I loved SoL even when I didn't get all the references. I understand that MGS4 ties in a lot with the old games, but I still think it can stand on its own just fine.

MGS4 provides a very unique gaming experience that you won't get from any other game. It is totally immersive and compelling. Bioshock on the other hand, doesn't really add too much new to the table. Bioshock's story telling device is the same thing we have seen in many games (notably Half Life) . And keep in mind that the political science discussion that you are really into in Bioshock is told through tape recordings-not exactly the most immersive story telling device ever created and it is also really just backstory.

If I could only play one of these games, I would pick MGS4 in a heartbeat. Of course, if you are planning on getting a bunch of PS3 games anyway, I don't understand why you just don't pick up both MGS4 and Bioshock since you seem interested in both.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#53 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I've never played a previous MGS game and bought MGS4. Let me tell you I wasn't confused much at all, the game does a very good game introducing new players to the story. If you want to get a complete grasp of everything going on, look up the backstories of the previous games. chopstx667
Same here, never played an MGS game before and was curious to try MGS4 out cause everyone kept raving about how great it was.. so i went and bought it.. MGS4 was the most amazing game i've played. I wasn't confused, quite the opposite. The game sucked me in and i was hooked. I just didn't want to put the game down, i wanted to see what was to come. I've been playing games for as long as i can remember (over 20 years) and i dont think i've played a game that has sucked me in quite like it. Just like a good book you can't put down.. only its a game :P
zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#54 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts

Haven't seen any comparisons of these. Bottom line is that I have to choose one. I was leaning towards Bioshock because Bioshock II is about to come out. BUT Bioshock kind of seems too easy and plays too much like Oblvion. However, I like the horror theme, and the water envrionments. Played through Demo--liked it for what it was.

Metal Gear Solid seems amazing. I just read an article about it in Business Week. BUT, the fact that I have never played any of the previous games before kind of makes me afraid of being too confused. Snake sounds like Beavis in "Beavis and Butthead." And he is soooo old. I like the anti-war message to it all and hope the cutscenses are worth it. ( I was watching in-game cutscene on youtube and it seemed kind of lame. A little girl kept offering Snake coffee and he kept refusing-- it was a really lame joke, and some other lewd lame humor (too Japanese for me). Did anyone else fear that the acting would be kind of corny, but then once they got it were proven wrong?

Snakeeyes8855
I played MGS3; thought ti was corny as my 1st MGS game. Now i play MGS4 i'm used to it and i find it so funny. Likewise on my 2nd playthroughs of MGS3, i found it funny. MGS Fans should understand me
ANIALATOR136

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#55 ANIALATOR136
Member since 2008 • 1157 Posts
without a doubt, both stories were fantastic but MGS has alot more depth to it than Bioshock. MGS Forever!!
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#56 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

(topic) if you've never played it how can you compare. I thought you were talking about the story, not the level design. Anyway...

I like MGS4 better, but that could be because I've been playing MG since the NES.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Snakeeyes8855"][QUOTE="edthetinker"]

First of all if somebody has Snake or a Big Daddy in their profile pic ignore their comments.

If you are looking for a story driven game, and you are well read... Bioshock. The game mixes German existentialism and American objectivism with action and horror in a completely unique way. I have never seen video-games as both intellectual and art in the same way that I saw Bioshock.

I happen to be very well read on both those philosophies. It was my number one hobby (reading philosophers) at a point in time. That's what REALLY gets me, when listening to Andrew Ryan for that short time in the demo-- makes me really want to understand where he is coming from. MGS is deeply rooted in philosophy too, although I couldn't tell you specifically what branch. I watched the first 40 minutes of MGS 3 gameplay cinematics and it seems pretty sharp. It is my belief that most people would tell me to "shop" for the upcoming titles for the second half of 2009. But I want to hear what some of those MGS lovers would tell me. Would they still stick with this series, if like me, they knew that all these fantastic games were coming out pretty soon in the Fall and Winter? Would those who loved both MGS and Bioshock for what they were, tell me that its like trading off apples and oranges and staying in the market for the upcoming ps3 games is more worth it than going back and playing older MGS games... I'm actually leaning on going back on the MGS games honestly...

MGS explores its own philosophy. There is so much to it, and each game in the series has its own basic philosophy that differs from the others. The philosophies in MGS3 and MGS4 get really deep. Sorry, I can't think of any fancy names like existentialism, but it they had a name it would be great I'm sure. One major theme they explore in all the games is war and what makes it wrong or right. Why do soldiers fight and what actualy justifies it? Is it better to be loyal to your country or loyal to the obvious good of mankind? One character in particular was heavily chastised and actually defected from their country due to their personal view. That character becomes a major icon later on and becomes the basis to many others' own master plans carried out throughout the rest of the series. (More on that in MGS3) But MGS is not so much about philosophy as it is about character. Wait til you see some of the madness that drives these people... The villians in MGS1 are the greatest villians of all time. Each has their own personal story and view and something that drives them to fight. You will fall in love with each of them. Especially you, Vulcan Raven. Each character thinks he is a hero in his own right. But some one has to be the villian. Who is it? When you hear what they are fighting for it can sometimes be difficult to disagree. In MGS2 I totally agreed what the main villian was fighting for. I only disagreed with his methods. Anyway, I can type all day about how deep this lil rabbit hole actually goes, but you should really explore it on your own. If you don't want to play the first 3 games there is always the Database free on PSN that explains it all in detail and is completely spoiler free until after you beat MGS4. Even without it MGS4 comes through loud and clear as it really has its own story and explains it all vividly. The only thing you really wont get is when they reference a location or character from a previous game. And you won't really get their back stories at first, but they even go over most of that in the game. I still sugest you play the originals so it'll retain that "oh snap!" factor all the way through. Bottom line is, my friend, despite the fact that there are tons of great games coming out this year no PS3 owner should go without playing MGS4. It was 2008's Game of the Year for a very very good reason. You have plenty of time to play the whole series before anything worth mention comes out (except maybe InFamous). Good luck on your descision. Hope this was helpful......
THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

MGS4 is a small portion of the Metal Gear storyline. Metal Gear storyline is 20 years old and it's a pretty long complicated deep awesome story that is divided into 7 chapters:

1- Metal Gear(1987)
2- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake(1990)
3- Metal Gear Solid(1998)
4- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty(2001)
5- Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater(2004)
6- Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops(2006)
7- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of The Patriots(2008)
8- Metal Gear Solid 5: ?????????????(201?)

So you just can't compare Bioshock's story to Metal Gear's story because we all know that Bioshock's story is really small comparing to the giant that is Metal Gear.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Nephilim83

MGS4 is a small portion of the Metal Gear storyline. Metal Gear storyline is 20 years old and it's a pretty long complicated deep awesome story that is divided into 7 chapters:

1- Metal Gear(1987)

So you just can't compare Bioshock's story to Metal Gear's story because we all know that Bioshock's story is really small comparing to the giant that is Metal Gear.

THQ88

Agreed, but you should really point out more facts if you're going to help the TC make his decision. Is Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake really worth mention? There's basically no story at all other than Solid Snake enters a fortress and beats Big Boss..... Twice. :)

THQ88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 THQ88
Member since 2008 • 1362 Posts

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

1- Metal Gear(1987)

Nephilim83

Agreed, but you should really point out more facts if you're going to help the TC make his decision. Is Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake really worth mention? There's basically no story at all other than Solid Snake enters a fortress and beats Big Boss..... Twice. :)

With all due respect to your knowledge of the storyline, but there are reasons why Big Boss did what he did in Outer Heaven and Zanzibar and there is history behind them. Yes it's worth mentioning much like any other Metal Gear. If you've played Portable Ops you'd know why Big Boss did what he did in the first Metal Gear which dates back to 1987.

edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

[QUOTE="Snakeeyes8855"][QUOTE="edthetinker"]

Nephilim83

MGS explores its own philosophy. There is so much to it, and each game in the series has its own basic philosophy that differs from the others. The philosophies in MGS3 and MGS4 get really deep. Sorry, I can't think of any fancy names like existentialism, but it they had a name it would be great I'm sure. One major theme they explore in all the games is war and what makes it wrong or right. Why do soldiers fight and what actualy justifies it? Is it better to be loyal to your country or loyal to the obvious good of mankind? One character in particular was heavily chastised and actually defected from their country due to their personal view. That character becomes a major icon later on and becomes the basis to many others' own master plans carried out throughout the rest of the series. (More on that in MGS3) But MGS is not so much about philosophy as it is about character. Wait til you see some of the madness that drives these people... The villians in MGS1 are the greatest villians of all time. Each has their own personal story and view and something that drives them to fight. You will fall in love with each of them. Especially you, Vulcan Raven. Each character thinks he is a hero in his own right. But some one has to be the villian. Who is it? When you hear what they are fighting for it can sometimes be difficult to disagree. In MGS2 I totally agreed what the main villian was fighting for. I only disagreed with his methods. Anyway, I can type all day about how deep this lil rabbit hole actually goes, but you should really explore it on your own. If you don't want to play the first 3 games there is always the Database free on PSN that explains it all in detail and is completely spoiler free until after you beat MGS4. Even without it MGS4 comes through loud and clear as it really has its own story and explains it all vividly. The only thing you really wont get is when they reference a location or character from a previous game. And you won't really get their back stories at first, but they even go over most of that in the game. I still sugest you play the originals so it'll retain that "oh snap!" factor all the way through. Bottom line is, my friend, despite the fact that there are tons of great games coming out this year no PS3 owner should go without playing MGS4. It was 2008's Game of the Year for a very very good reason. You have plenty of time to play the whole series before anything worth mention comes out (except maybe InFamous). Good luck on your descision. Hope this was helpful......

Sounds more like psychology then philosophy. Don't take that as an attack please, the two fields cross in and out of each other all the time, and my favorite philosopher saw himself as a psychologist first, but perhaps the reason you can't think of any "fancy" names is because men struggling with their own feelings towards war, government, etc. are having psychological conflicts. Men struggling with self-creation, finding "meaning" or the age old purpose of life, and is there a god questions are having existential problems. Perhaps the reason MGS4 is not as appealing to me is that I had to find answers to these same psychological questions while I served in the Army, under Bush. The don't seem as amazing to me because I lived a soldiers life (and a questioning soldiers life at that) My new civilian freedom has made the questions of higher purpose to "true" self more relevant than any reactionary impulse i have to my government, boss, orgirlfriend.

MGS4 is a good game and the TC will more than likely play both games, but in the hypothetical world where only one can be played I will stick by my recommendation for Bioshock because of its courage to ask the player if they are a product of their own will or if they are the proverbial flies in the marketplace.

Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

My vote goes to MGS4 with ease. I liked Bioshock, but it's no MGS4 that's for sure. But what was great about Bioshock is it's length, but story wise it is no contest.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"]

[QUOTE="THQ88"]

1- Metal Gear(1987)

THQ88

With all due respect to your knowledge of the storyline, but there are reasons why Big Boss did what he did in Outer Heaven and Zanzibar and there is history behind them. Yes it's worth mentioning much like any other Metal Gear. If you've played Portable Ops you'd know why Big Boss did what he did in the first Metal Gear which dates back to 1987.

Yeah, there are important reasons why Big Boss did what he did, but its not explained in either the original titles. In those two games we're just left to believe he's some evil mastermind. Like you said, portable ops is the one game that really tells you where Big Boss got the idea for Outer Heaven and why he did it. I actually argued on one thread that Portable Ops is an important addition to the MGS canon, but I was told that it was not and that NOBODY played it. I recommend if anybody hasn't played it to check it out. Its quite worth it. Anyway, I was just saying as far as getting the whole story goes those first two games are not very important. You actually know the whole story from the first MGS. They're fun to attempt a play through, though. If you can beat those games you are quite the gamer. :)

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#64 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Philosophy's a bunch of bullcrap anyway.

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Nephilim83

Sounds more like psychology then philosophy. Don't take that as an attack please, the two fields cross in and out of each other all the time, and my favorite philosopher saw himself as a psychologist first, but perhaps the reason you can't think of any "fancy" names is because men struggling with their own feelings towards war, government, etc. are having psychological conflicts. Men struggling with self-creation, finding "meaning" or the age old purpose of life, and is there a god questions are having existential problems. Perhaps the reason MGS4 is not as appealing to me is that I had to find answers to these same psychological questions while I served in the Army, under Bush. The don't seem as amazing to me because I lived a soldiers life (and a questioning soldiers life at that) My new civilian freedom has made the questions of higher purpose to "true" self more relevant than any reactionary impulse i have to my government, boss, orgirlfriend.

MGS4 is a good game and the TC will more than likely play both games, but in the hypothetical world where only one can be played I will stick by my recommendation for Bioshock because of its courage to ask the player if they are a product of their own will or if they are the proverbial flies in the marketplace.

edthetinker

Actually, its a whole lot of both. As far as the characters go, yes, they deal with a lot of phycological issues. But isn't it their philosophies that drive them? I really don't think Bioshock was all that deep. I never felt like questioning myself or why I do the thinks I do. I drive myself through this life just as much as I am a passenger in the great American machine. We all are. I like Bioshock and all its craziness, but there's really not a whole lot to it if you ask me. There's really only one major plot twist sprinkled in with a few extras, and as far as why Rapture existed... that was pretty much explained in the get go. Its cool, but there wasn't really much to keep it interesting the whole way through. Of course, it was ruined for me when some arse on this very forum told me the big twist before I ever finished the game. Would you kindly never do that? :) Anyway, MGS is packed full of plot twists. There's one around every corner. YOu almost always have a dozen or more questions burning in your head that you can't wait to reveal, so you have to keep playing. And at first you think you agree with what you are fighting for (usually to destroy a big nuclear-armed mech) but once you hear WHY the villians are doing what they are doing you tend to ask yourself (if you're anything like me anyway) is that really a bad thing? Where the villian's attack may be against country, government, and a million people its always for the greater good of all mankind. Kind of like the Watchmen (greatest graphic novel of all time. Movie=perfect). I've never question my own personal views because of a game until I became a fan of MGS.

Anyway, you make some great points. I appreciate the explanation of Existentialism (or whatever). I tend to be existential from time to time. I like pychology a lot. I tooka year of it in college and almost changed my major. I just never explored it deeply enough to learn all those fancy terms. I could hardly get past the "Skinner Box." That's hilarious! :)......... I'm sure the TC will end up playing both games. I really think he should. I more or less was trying to give him a clear reason why MGS4 is a must play, so he doesn't end up passing it up all together.

P.S. Sorry you had to serve under Bush. Bet you did do a whole lot of questioning..........

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Nephilim83

Philosophy's a bunch of bullcrap anyway.

Scianix-Black
.................end thread.
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

Haven't seen any comparisons of these. Bottom line is that I have to choose one. I was leaning towards Bioshock because Bioshock II is about to come out. BUT Bioshock kind of seems too easy and plays too much like Oblvion. However, I like the horror theme, and the water envrionments. Played through Demo--liked it for what it was.

Metal Gear Solid seems amazing. I just read an article about it in Business Week. BUT, the fact that I have never played any of the previous games before kind of makes me afraid of being too confused. Snake sounds like Beavis in "Beavis and Butthead." And he is soooo old. I like the anti-war message to it all and hope the cutscenses are worth it. ( I was watching in-game cutscene on youtube and it seemed kind of lame. A little girl kept offering Snake coffee and he kept refusing-- it was a really lame joke, and some other lewd lame humor (too Japanese for me). Did anyone else fear that the acting would be kind of corny, but then once they got it were proven wrong?

Snakeeyes8855

i wrote a descent sized blog comparing these two games a few months ago. sadly it's the only blog i've written, but maybe you should take a quick glance at it. it may help your decision. leave me a comment if it has helped. ;) http://www.gamespot.com/users/zmbi_gmr/

shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

umm tough one, i found metal gear solid a good story because i was listening to everything and got drawn into the story...

i also found myself getting drawn into Bioshock but for different reasons, Bioshock "shocked me" (sorry about the pun, lol) because i didnt think it would be that good

Snakeeyes8855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Snakeeyes8855
Wow. Great comments on all sides. I'm getting MGS4 no doubt in my mind before I make any gaming decisions. Unfortunately, I've been watching the WHOLE STORY version of MGS3 and I think I'm going to be watching that game like a show. I don't want to stop watching. I just got done with the part when Naked Snake was giving Ocelot fighting tips :) with their first ever encounter. Oh yea, I apologize to Snake for saying he sounded like Beavis...
Snakeeyes8855

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Snakeeyes8855
I feel sorry for those xbots.... hahaha
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

Sorry if any one tried my link, and it didn't work. the new link should work for you now. obviously you can view my blog be simply clicking on my avatar as well. to the tc: both games are gems that should no doubt be played and enjoyed by all. :D

lobert124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#72 lobert124
Member since 2008 • 268 Posts

Bioshocks story is excellent and was compelling for a while, the game play was a little off setting because you had to switch back and forth between plasmids and guns. With MGS4 the cut scenes and the story were awesome. I didn't play any of the previous games, but I understood everything.

el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

With MGS4 the cut scenes and the story were awesome. I didn't play any of the previous games, but I understood everything.

lobert124
You only 'think' you did. One of the biggest (and most brilliant) twists in MGS4 is about how it affects certain key events in the previous games, completelly changing the meaning behind everything that happened through out the saga, up untill the last act in MGS4. The game and it's superb story can certainly be enjoyed by people that have no prior knowledge of the series, just not on the same level as those that have.
fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#74 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

I'd say mgs4 from a laymens pov.

Both are extremely intresting and they both draw you into the plot, and this for me really makes a game. mgs pips it tho' for sheer length of the cutscenes, having to watch literaly over an hour of story at 1 point with little or no gameplay in between was great for me and made this a whole lot more of a story than a game. while the gameplay being an absolutly brilliant added bonus.

mp sux tho ;)

billyjunxix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 billyjunxix
Member since 2006 • 465 Posts
For me MGS series has always been best story. But I kinda like the Bioshock story but not as good as MGS4.
Newsted_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#76 Newsted_22
Member since 2003 • 41 Posts

I would suggest you to get Bioshock cause first of all, it's less expensive than MGS4 which is good, (2) you don't need to play previous games to totally understand the whol;e story. If someone tells you they totally understand the whole MSG lore by playing only the 4th one, they don't know anything about MGS. Bioshock is probably the first shooter i played that the story was actually really entertainning. I would suggest you to get Bioshock so when bioshock 2 comes around you know a bit of story of the 1st one. If you're opting for MGS, I'd say get Twin Snakes on Gamecube, get Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater on PS2 (PS3 if urs capable of playing PS2 games) then get the 4th one to fully enjoy it. Both games are sure values tho. Bioshock is cheaper :P

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

Nothing beats Metal Gear Solid story.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
i think in terms of the ideas the story in mgs is better but in terms of execution of the story bioshocks better. mgs always suffered in my opinion from bad writing and over convoluted storylines and some uneven voice work, at its core its got good ideas just poorly executed (again in my opinion).
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

BioShock wins, imo. I never liked the characters in the MGS universe and the story was always way out there.

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

In my opinion, I think it would be kind of hard to compare the two. The Metal Gear Solid series is full of different characters and countless interactions between them. With BioShock, we were basically given the middle of a story(a pretty awesome one) and even though it was a very solid experience, it would be hard to compare it with MGS. I'm not saying either game is bad or anything as I own both, but I'm just saying that you would probably have to pick-and-choose the differences to see which one is more appealing. If that makes any sense...

LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts
MGS 4, it clears up a lot of mysteries. Bioshock can still build on it's story through Bioshock 2 though.
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#83 Nonstop-Madness  Online
Member since 2008 • 12337 Posts
Metal Gear Solid 4 has the most deep storyline every in video game. There's so much things to explain in that franchise that it has over 30 minute cutscenes.