best games to play with girl friend

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KabennLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KabennLee
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I am currently dating a nice girl who rarely plays games. I love gaming, and I want to play games with her. Any suggestions? Thanks.
ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

just on ps3, other wise try super mario games, simple fun puzzle games and then introduce her to scary games, then mystery types games like Heavy Rain, if your talking about online find something simple to pickup and play

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Littlbigplanet 2. All girls love that game :)
KabennLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KabennLee
LittleBigPlanet sounds interesting. I might try that. thanks
redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Heavy Rain, chicks dig a good story.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

In the end it depends on the person. My ex loved Burnout, Heavy Rain, LBP and from time to time a FPS, my act. (just a few months) loves LBP2 and Motorstorm on her PSP. Dunno why, but both enjoyed a racing game the most oO LBP seems to be one of the games every girl can get into, from my female cousins to the gfs of friends and so on, so I guess LBP should do it. Maybe she'll like ModNations as well. But as I said, in the end it depends on her. Just try to get something it's easy to get into, simple controls, maybe Move titles like Sports Champions could be interessting

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
LittleBigPlanet sounds interesting. I might try that. thanksKabennLee
No problem :) Yeah one of my good girl friends liked it a lot. She liked to dress her own character and then grief me by pushing me into pits :P
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

LBP2 is easily the best game to play with a girlfriend. RockBand as well but its even better when you have more people playing LPB2 and RB. A game that will put a smile on a girl's face are always the simple co-op games. The Adventure of Cookie and Cream for the PS2 is my ace card. Never fails, especially whenyou need to share the controller;)

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

Borderlands ... yeah, I know it's a shooter but my husband & I loved it!

charma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10 charma
Member since 2003 • 578 Posts

Me and my girlfriend played Heavy Rain together the whole way through.

We also like playing trivia games together, like TV Show King (it was $.99 on PSN some time ago too).

Vampanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vampanda
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

nazi zombies!

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

Try a few different genre's on her and see what she responds to. Work from there.

There's no saying what she might like, regardless of the fact she's a she.

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Little Big Planet is a great starting point, I would also suggest looking into Katamari Forever depending on your girls personality. Eternal Sonata might be worth looking into as well, and there's always guitar hero if shes into music that is.

CWEBB04z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 CWEBB04z
Member since 2006 • 4879 Posts
wow.. you can get yours to play games? mine just yells at me, and calls video games childish.
J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

mine just yells at me, and calls video games childish.CWEBB04z

Ouch...that's rough.

I've only had one lady-friend who genuinely liked games as much as me, though.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

What's a "girl"?

iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

i got my girl to play heavyrain, we beat LBP2 together and she played most of uncharted 2..

kaa0steoria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kaa0steoria
Member since 2011 • 55 Posts

put Majin and the forsaken kingdom in front of her and you can't get her out of the sofa for a while ;) That big lovely thing called Majin will make her happy.

but I have noticed that racing games, arcade ones especially are a good way to go, dunno why but that's just the way it is.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

girls like heavy rain.

Jack_Force

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jack_Force
Member since 2007 • 2693 Posts
critter crunch, ea sports active only two my gf will touch she hates me gaming :'(
jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

The best game for building a relation with girl---- shadow of colossus( true love story), ICO, heavy rain

Best game for breaking up----- DEAD SPACE 2!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for ArsenalandHenry
ArsenalandHenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArsenalandHenry
Where did all of these girls come from? For me, they never seem interested in playing anything, let alone Heavy Rain and Unchartered. From what I gather, a game which is easy to pick and up play without having to learn too much of the controls is the best way forward. At the risk of repeating myself, LBP and LBP2 are very easy in that respect. I wouldn't recommend anybody introducing the girls to the long and complicated games like Final Fantasy and Oblivion. You will lose them at first sight.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
littlebigplanet..mine loves it
fatherofsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fatherofsol
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

as strange as it sounds... my gf enjoys playing red dead redemption. why? she enjoys hogtying hookers and shooting them in the head.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

wow.. you can get yours to play games? mine just yells at me, and calls video games childish.CWEBB04z

That is rough :|. As for mine i bought her a PS3 bundle for xmas, at the moment shes playing through all 3 God of Wars and she digs modnation racers. Previously though she was into guitar hero and what not.

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

Girls from where i came from love to party and have no time for videogames. Good thing i settled with someone simple.

Back to topic, Play fighting games and let her win once in a while. Teach her how to do combos and try to hold her hand while you're at it.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Doctor
gamerfan85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gamerfan85
Member since 2009 • 652 Posts

Heavy Rain and LBP are both good. Also De Blob 2. Chicks love De Blob.

kidunique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kidunique
Member since 2009 • 186 Posts
I am currently dating a nice girl who rarely plays games. I love gaming, and I want to play games with her. Any suggestions? Thanks.KabennLee
I am a GIRL. I play a bunch of shooting games. First introduced with grand theft auto series. GTAIV might be the trick. San Andreas is the greatest. But you should probably ask her if she wants to play video games with you. I know some GUYS that don't like to play video games like that.
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
my gf likes little big planet and moves sports champions. rock band 2 did get a bit of play back in the day
claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

Can't believe I'm the first one to suggest this... Resident Evil 5.

Why... fun (everyone likes shooting zombies & virus infected baddies), coop (guy & girl lead characters), good story (but not all cut scenes) , easy learning curve (for non-gamer), if she wants to just watch at first you can AI it or online coop until she's hooked, Sheva is a bad ass (don't most girls wanna be a video game bad ass, just like guys?), & a relationship/conflict barometer (if you can't work together to survive/enjoy the perils of RE5 the relationship won't last).

*Tip: Don't let her catch you staring at Sheva's ass too long.

NukaNuked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NukaNuked
Member since 2011 • 973 Posts
I know a girl who loves Dead Space 2 (well really any game she's awesome), but I don't suggest it. Haha. LBP sounds the way to go.
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
LittleBigPlanet Series
Avatar image for kylethiggins777
kylethiggins777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kylethiggins777
Member since 2005 • 102 Posts

The game that got my girlfirnd into playing games was LBP which she loves and we still sometimes play co-op. But the game she really loved and made her really respect gaming/games was Red Dead Redemption she loved hunting and i loved letting her complete ambient challenges :)

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

To try to name something different than what's already been said, consider Pixeljunk Eden. It's simple, has interesting artistic and musical design, and is more fun to play in multiplayer than it is to play alone.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Can't go wrong with Little Big Planet 1/2 or a Tiger Woods PGA Tour title. My wife enjoys PGA Tour... can't convince her to play shooters - she complains the controlls are confusing.
F1ame_Shie1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 F1ame_Shie1d
Member since 2010 • 1389 Posts

The game that got my GF into games was... Kingdom Hearts 1. She wrapped the 99 hour clock around 3 times and then it stopped and she kept on going.... Then we Co-oped Resistance FOM. Basically find anything that's Local co-op. Make sure you do something she likes and she'll just enjoy playing the game with you. It wont be the game but the company she enjoys;) My GF also played Uncharted 1 and 2 alone and we co-oped LBP twice.

I like to local co-op with my gf and I HATE the way game companies are taking co-op modes. She needs the story to get any enjoyment out of it so this new wave or horde mode co-op is kinda crappy.

All in all I would have to say, just like everyone else, go with LBP. That's a game anybody can get in to.

hardyfan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 hardyfan8
Member since 2009 • 484 Posts

nazi zombies!

Vampanda
This guy is probably a loner...
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

A game that will put a smile on a girl's face are always the simple co-op games.

Zidaneski
Way to generalize. My girlfriend likes Gears of War. Anyway, Tomb Raider and the Guardian of Light was also something we enjoyed together.
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts

rock band

withe1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 withe1982
Member since 2005 • 450 Posts

Try any of the LEGO games. Amazingly addictive and easy enough for a starter (even a girl) to get to grips with. My and my GF have done Star Wars Complete, Indiana Jones 1 and 2, Batman and Harry Potter. Generally i do all the killing while she collects the stuff and builds things. Perfect two player combo.

Special mention for Resistance Fall Of Man. Also very good to play with a beginner due to the respawning whenever she inevitably gets killed. Just let her run ahead and plough her way through whilst you sit back and snipe away. Heaven.

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

My girlfriend doesn't actually play games with me, but rather she likes to watch me play and gets into them that way. She really got into heavy rain and was telling me what decisions to make to change the story.

Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
[QUOTE="KabennLee"]I am currently dating a nice girl who rarely plays games. I love gaming, and I want to play games with her. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Same with me. I just play them and she pretends to be interested when I talk about them.. and I love her for that :) .. so if ur lady does the same she's a keeper.
360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

Why... fun (everyone likes shooting zombies & virus infected baddies), coop (guy & girl lead characters), good story (but not all cut scenes) , easy learning curve (for non-gamer), if she wants to just watch at first you can AI it or online coop until she's hooked, Sheva is a bad ass (don't most girls wanna be a video game bad ass, just like guys?), & a relationship/conflict barometer (if you can't work together to survive/enjoy the perils of RE5 the relationship won't last).

claytonjoseph

LMAO, I hope you aren't serious.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Borderlands. I play it with my gf all the time ;)

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 parvie

Borderlands. I play it with my gf all the time ;)

bigboss1203
The Knoxx DLC is incredible and the only one worth buying. I can easily beat Crawmerax all by myself now!!!!!!
claytonjoseph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 claytonjoseph
Member since 2004 • 189 Posts

[QUOTE="claytonjoseph"]

360hammer

As serious as a guy with a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a cat & a mortgage can be. Introduced the wife & her whole family to gaming. None of them gamed before I came around & now they all game. 55 yr old father-in-law just got Move last xmas. I play Tiger Woods with father-in-law, LBP with wife & RE5 with sister-in-law (among others).

Don't underestimate the allure of shooting zombies, its primal.

And hell yeah I'm serious, if you can't communicate well enough to survive/enjoy playing RE5 coop, how you gonna make a relationship work. RE5 is a cakewalk compared to a committed relationship.

bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
hide the salami
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 parvie

[QUOTE="360hammer"]

[QUOTE="claytonjoseph"]

claytonjoseph

As serious as a guy with a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a cat & a mortgage can be. Introduced the wife & her whole family to gaming. None of them gamed before I came around & now they all game. 55 yr old father-in-law just got Move last xmas. I play Tiger Woods with father-in-law, LBP with wife & RE5 with sister-in-law (among others).

Don't underestimate the allure of shooting zombies, its primal.

And hell yeah I'm serious, if you can't communicate well enough to survive/enjoy playing RE5 coop, how you gonna make a relationship work. RE5 is a cakewalk compared to a committed relationship.

LOL-- you're my idol.
CajunShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 CajunShooter
Member since 2006 • 5276 Posts
Critter Crunch and/or Tetris