Assassins Creed...what a let down

• 98 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for functioningbadl
functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 functioningbadl
Member since 2005 • 111 Posts

Just finished playing Assassins Creed and I must say that it was a big letdown for me. It has great things but still failed to deliver (on my part anyway).

PROS:

1. Great Graphics

2. Nice sound

CONS

EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

1. Repeatitive gameplay, need to do investigations over and over, I don't even bother going through all investigations as they are always the same, I just went to get the minimum done and then kill the guy.

2. You're an assassin for cripes sake, you don't assassinate someone when 10 guards are around you. Altair could very well be the most lucky assassin as he can escape any situation just by going up top and run like a jack-a$$

3. Bland environment, Everything looks the same.

4. Nothing else to add to the mix, geezzz collecting hundreds of flags? that's supposed to be fun? Climbing on top of view points then fall hundreds of feet into a hay stack? You'll be lucky to still be alive if you do that in real life.

5. Dumb AI

6. And what is it about water and assassins, you can jump off tall buildings but can't even swim?

7. And the story...oh the story...such a convoluted mess. The only CG is in the opening, couldn't they at least make your conversations with mualim and your informants atleast realistic? I run around the room, and still the conversation goes without a hitch even if I look like a moron.

Sure hope this changes on the next AC, the first one sure was a waste.

Too much hype and nothing to deliver.

Blackwater001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Blackwater001
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts
Well, we told ya so.
LeeSan420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LeeSan420
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts
yeah i hear ya i'm on like the 6ths or so mark and i havent touched that game in a month! lame lame lame i want my $60 bucks back man!
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
i really enjoyed it, i can't wait for the sequel
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

i really enjoyed it, i can't wait for the sequelamericahellyeah

I'm with you, loved the game, I've posted my detailed feelings on it several times,
and, like I've said, people critisize it for being repeatitive, then praise DMC4, which is far more
repeatitive.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

really ... I'm getting a ps3 in a month and Assassins Creed is the first game im getting..?

It looks well gd ?

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

really ... I'm getting a ps3 in a month and Assassins Creed is the first game im getting..?

It looks well gd ?

soren008

It's a great game, a minority of people hate it because they refuse to explore alternative means of completing assignments, and combat itself...I kinda like that lotsa people hate it, lotsa people hate Disgaea 2, and it's one of the deepest games you'll ever play.

grandizerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 grandizerX
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
Perfect Game play ive Finshed it But there is one problem if i told you will tell me that am a spoiler so ill shutup...:shock:
NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts

Just finished playing Assassins Creed and I must say that it was a big letdown for me. It has great things but still failed to deliver (on my part anyway).

PROS:

1. Great Graphics

2. Nice sound

CONS

EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

1. Repeatitive gameplay, need to do investigations over and over, I don't even bother going through all investigations as they are always the same, I just went to get the minimum done and then kill the guy.

2. You're an assassin for cripes sake, you don't assassinate someone when 10 guards are around you. Altair could very well be the most lucky assassin as he can escape any situation just by going up top and run like a jack-a$$

4. Nothing else to add to the mix, geezzz collecting hundreds of flags? that's supposed to be fun? Climbing on top of view points then fall hundreds of feet into a hay stack? You'll be lucky to still be alive if you do that in real life.

5. Dumb AI

6. And what is it about water and assassins, you can jump off tall buildings but can't even swim?

7. And the story...oh the story...such a convoluted mess. The only CG is in the opening, couldn't they at least make your conversations with mualim and your informants atleast realistic? I run around the room, and still the conversation goes without a hitch even if I look like a moron.

functioningbadl

Being able to run around the room makes the game more IMMERSIVE. I hate it when you cant move in games as you feel that you do not rweally controll the character. It gets rid of curscenes doing it this way, which means it is more immersive. Which is good. Some things you have complained about are good. But at point 3 you started to add random comments which dont mean much.

The AI is ok, why do you need to swim in water? Do you expect to have to assassinate someone, who just happens to be in the middle of the ocean? I am gueessing that in those times if you got hyperthermia you were deas, so swimming in a vast ocean is not a good idea, plus there was no rescue service back then.

It got a 9 from gamespot, and great scores everywhere else. What game is not repetitive. You could say racing games are repetitive, all you do is drive! how about shooters, all guns, why cant we have nuclear missiles! And why cant we swim in COD4, thats rubbish!

Sorry but I know YOU might not like it, I have not played this game much yet, COD4 has takeen much of my gaming time. But the environments! He lives in a place with a hot climate, BEFORE THE MIDDLE AGES!!!!! What do you want him to do, in those times you could not fly to another country, and boats would take months, you expect him to go 'I am bored of this desert, too much sand. I know! I will swim to madagascar! Oh wait, this game does not let me swim... how do I get there?'

To me the game seems good. Running into soilders on horseback is fun. I can see that it may get repetitive, but all in all this looks like a great game to me. Maybe its just not thegame for you. If not, dont pretend its rubbish, for those who like those sort of games I bet it is amazing.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 swamplord666
Member since 2007 • 1873 Posts

i really enjoyed it, i can't wait for the sequelamericahellyeah
I hear ya. I really liked it. liked the story and got involved and it felt great. As it has been discussed MILLIONS of times, AC is a question of taste.some people liked it...some people didn't. Thats all. the debate about if AC is good has been worn through at the same level as the console wars debate. personally i eagerly await the next instalement.

and btw americahellyeah... If you don't like it then you can just go suck on MAH bawls!(read the lyrics to the song if you feel offended...) but yeah, awesome name.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i really enjoyed it, i can't wait for the sequelAndrew_Xavier

I'm with you, loved the game, I've posted my detailed feelings on it several times,
and, like I've said, people critisize it for being repeatitive, then praise DMC4, which is far more
repeatitive.

I know, its actually one of the few games i think GS gave a perfect rating, not to mention how beautiful old Jerusalem is when your jaunting around it, the game is almost like a poem unto itself :D

I never found the old DMC game repetitve i haven't played 4 yet though.

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 americahellyeah

OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.Liquid-Prince

dam straight!

ajefferism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ajefferism
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts

I actually liked this game. I just borrowed it from a friend and beat it last week. Originally I was planning on buying it but when I read the reviews I held off. I borrowed it from a friend but I was pleasantly surprised that I really liked it. I loved the climbing controls and loved just cimbing all over the city for the viewpoints. The graphics were great. Animation was very good. I have to disagree that I thought the environments were amazing. So much detail everywhere... and you could climb on basically anything.

I agree/disagree with the comment on repetitiveness. On one hand I enjoyed doing all the side missions and climbing to all the viewpoints, but on the other hand once my life gauge was full (which was around assassination #7 or so) i had little incentive to save citizens or extra missions. By that time i just did the minimum investigations to get to the assassination. I dont think it was as bad as you thought but I could see why someone would say it was repetitive.

I agree about collecting flags, after getting all the Masyaf I didnt bother with the rest. What was the point of collecting them? did you get anything for it? That was lame.

I agree that falling into water should not be fatal. This thoroughly ticked me off in GTA and I was shocked that this was the case in Assassins Creed. He can climb buildings but cant swim? ummm no.

When I heard about the "twist" at the beginning of the story in a review, I was very skeptical that I would like it. I was hoping that the game would just be a period peice set in the Crusades. But when I actually played the game I didn't mind the "twist" and I sorta liked how it tied into present day.

Overall I still really liked the game. Great attention to detail. I really liked the climbing and combat controls. I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10 or so. Not the hyped "Messiah" of gaming a lot of people were hoping but still good and worth playing IMO.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#15 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

Well, we told ya so.Blackwater001

Exactly. That's why you listen to Symphonycometh.;)

:lol:

Dysantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dysantic
Member since 2003 • 1624 Posts
It sucked, at least I am finally finding people who agree with me. I hated it with a passion and didn't even finish playing it.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts
I really enjoyed it, beating the game and then screwing around to see how the game reacts it always fun for me, that's how I learned to pull off a whole host of different kills in different situations. I was very conservative when I first started playing, now I am a holy land Rambo.
Blackwater001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackwater001
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts
The best thing about AC was that I got 40 bucks for it on a trade in.....wait......even that sucks!
paul52181

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 paul52181
Member since 2004 • 1051 Posts

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]i really enjoyed it, i can't wait for the sequelAndrew_Xavier

repeatitive.

Loved it, loved it, loved it. Great game, can't wait for the sequel.

laterdayfilms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 laterdayfilms
Member since 2006 • 249 Posts
Sucked so bad never botherd to finish it. Yes It was cool for the first 4 hours. But after that it is all the same. Boring!
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 gekidami
Member since 2004 • 2446 Posts

OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.Liquid-Prince

Yeah but then people would be complaining because it's to short, then you'll argue its because they didnt do all the missions... I dont like AC, i think that when you look at what it was made out to be the final build just failed, its sad to see so many people dont want to look by the games cool idea...

lokestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lokestar
Member since 2006 • 956 Posts
this thread... what a let down
ANUBISZER0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ANUBISZER0
Member since 2005 • 841 Posts

I enjoyed the game very much and I can't wait for the sequel.

Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Liquid-Prince

[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"]OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.gekidami

Yeah but then people would be complaining because it's to short, then you'll argue its because they didnt do all the missions... I dont like AC, i think that when you look at what it was made out to be the final build just failed, its sad to see so many people dont want to look by the games cool idea...

Minimum time of play even if you do only the required stuff is 16 hours... Yeah that's REALLY short... :roll:
gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gekidami
[QUOTE="gekidami"]

[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"]OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.Liquid-Prince

Minimum time of play even if you do only the required stuff is 16 hours,,, Yeah that's REALLY short... :roll:

I did it in round that time with all the faffing about side quests. The game is nowhere near that long

tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
this thread... what a let downlokestar
i'm with this guy. some people like it. some people don't. why all the anger? by the way, i loved the game and can't wait to play the next one :)
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Liquid-Prince
[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"][QUOTE="gekidami"]

[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"]OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.gekidami

Minimum time of play even if you do only the required stuff is 16 hours,,, Yeah that's REALLY short... :roll:

I did it in round that time with all the faffing about side quests. The game is nowhere near that long

Really, because I, myself have put in around 60 hours into the game.
Liams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Liams
Member since 2003 • 1704 Posts

You say that as if people aren't allowed to make their own minds up. I couldn't care less what it says in "the review" me personally I didn't find it repetitive. I found it VERY VERY REPETITIVE. I've been playing video games since the early 80's and honestly I could name several C64 titles that are less repetitive than AC. It's the only PS3 game I own that I haven't completed and not because I can't it's because I don't want to.

AC is one of those games where you either love it or you hate it and people are just going to have to accept that not everybody loves it!!

I'm just thankful that I didn't waste my own cash on it and my copy was bought as a present.

functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 functioningbadl
[QUOTE="soren008"]

It looks well gd ?

Andrew_Xavier

It's a great game, a minority of people hate it because they refuse to explore alternative means of completing assignments, and combat itself...I kinda like that lotsa people hate it, lotsa people hate Disgaea 2, and it's one of the deepest games you'll ever play.

Disgaea, now I don't have any arguments on that, I love that game and still play it. But what alternative means is there to complete an assignment is there? They are all the same, pickpocket, eavesdrop, interrogate and informant challenge...that's all there is to it. Am I missing something? Is there something else you can do to actually make your job easier?

The biggest point I just want to cross out is that being an assassin means being stealthy, please tell me if there is any stealth involved in this game when it comes to assassination and I'll shut my little trap.

gekidami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gekidami
[QUOTE="gekidami"][QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"][QUOTE="gekidami"]

[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"]OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that it's repetitive. It's one of the best games this generation and will likely stay that way for a long time.Liquid-Prince

Really, because I, myself have put in around 60 hours into the game.

And? thats off-topic, the ammount of time you've dedicated to standing around punching beggars and hunter for usless flags has nothing todo with the time it takes to do missions (more or less) importent to the story.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

It sucked, at least I am finally finding people who agree with me. I hated it with a passion and didn't even finish playing it.Dysantic

thats cos you cant jump on a trampoline let alone buildings...

stick in your league

Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

[QUOTE="Liquid-Prince"]OHH its repetitive, OHHH it's repetitive. Honestly, if the review hadn't spat out that little line, no one would be saying it's repetitive. There is like 12 mission types in total and you only need to do like 2 in each area to move on... If you find it repetitive, then don't do all the missions... Damn I tired of people saying that

its repetitive.... VERY REPETITIVE! yea i agree with the TP entirely i feel just about the exact same way as he does about this game....i wish i woulda rented first.

P08C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 P08C
Member since 2008 • 729 Posts

i think the informant missions are the worst.....soooooo stupid

TrevCubsOr21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 TrevCubsOr21
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts
I dont know what your talking about dude this game is amazing! Everybody that disagrees with you, I 100% agree with. This IS one of the best games ever!
functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 functioningbadl
[QUOTE="functioningbadl"]

PROS:

1. Great Graphics

2. Nice sound

CONS

EVERYTHING ELSE!!!

5. Dumb AI

NinjaMunkey01

Being able to run around the room makes the game more IMMERSIVE. I hate it when you cant move in games as you feel that you do not rweally controll the character. It gets rid of curscenes doing it this way, which means it is more immersive. Which is good. Some things you have complained about are good. But at point 3 you started to add random comments which dont mean much.

The AI is ok, why do you need to swim in water? Do you expect to have to assassinate someone, who just happens to be in the middle of the ocean? I am gueessing that in those times if you got hyperthermia you were deas, so swimming in a vast ocean is not a good idea, plus there was no rescue service back then.

It got a 9 from gamespot, and great scores everywhere else. What game is not repetitive. You could say racing games are repetitive, all you do is drive! how about shooters, all guns, why cant we have nuclear missiles! And why cant we swim in COD4, thats rubbish!

Sorry but I know YOU might not like it, I have not played this game much yet, COD4 has takeen much of my gaming time. But the environments! He lives in a place with a hot climate, BEFORE THE MIDDLE AGES!!!!! What do you want him to do, in those times you could not fly to another country, and boats would take months, you expect him to go 'I am bored of this desert, too much sand. I know! I will swim to madagascar! Oh wait, this game does not let me swim... how do I get there?'

To me the game seems good. Running into soilders on horseback is fun. I can see that it may get repetitive, but all in all this looks like a great game to me. Maybe its just not thegame for you. If not, dont pretend its rubbish, for those who like those sort of games I bet it is amazing.

A game that's iMMERSIVE is where you can interact with things in your environment, sure this can be done during actual gameplay but what I was talking about are the cut scenes, walking around in circles is NOT immersive.

Second, don't you think that with the water parts they could have made the game much better? Use it for escaping for instance? I know what you mean about killing someone in the middle of the ocean, that's just plain dumb. I just want to point out that it could have been used somewhat, instead of killing you instantly.

And finally when I mentioned everything looks the same, I stand by it. Come on, I'm sure even then surely you can distinguish a place from another, I mean you're in Jerusalem, go to Acre and it's the same thing. New York is different from Boston.

Saying it's rubbish and thinking it are two different things. I'm not saying it's either of those, I just want to say that it didn't quite like it.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#36 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

I think people shouldn't be using the word "repetitive" when talking about games, because all of them are repetitive. In FPS, you shoot stuff, in fighters, you fight and so on. It doesn't matter how many combinations, strategies or whatever, the point is that you are still going to be doing the same things. I think in Assassin's Creed's case, those who say is repetitive, should use the word "monotonous" instead, which is repetitions that is dull and tedious.

For me, AC is one of the most monotonous games I have ever played. Not repetitive, MONOTONOUS. If you care, here is my Review, where I go in depth with it. However, if they correct all of the stuff that I mention (in my opinion, not a fact, cause some people see no problems whatsoever with what I see) then AC2 will be what AC should have been.

YemeniXXVI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YemeniXXVI
Member since 2007 • 78 Posts
I can't believe people actually like Assassins Creed...
f1l200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 f1l200
Member since 2004 • 507 Posts

i loved it,

it must just be alove hate thing

i loved it

you hate it

most ppl love it though

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts
yep I was quite disappointed. the only review I read about the game before getting it was GS's and it got me excited since they gave it a 9. but after playing it a few hours, I started to like it less and less. honestly for me it's more of a 7, it has some good concepts but they were delivered terribly.
ants_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ants_man
Member since 2005 • 4249 Posts
It was a good game, but not as good as the hype
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I never read any reviews before I played this game and I think it's repetitive, and so do a lot of people.

functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 functioningbadl

It was a good game, but not as good as the hypeants_man

I couldn't have said it any better.

Jade could have been a reason for the success with all the hype she put in (ehem)? oops conspiracy. I love Jade haha

Souless_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Souless_78
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

At the nonet I see de CG (before the release) I said to myselF "I must Buy this game" and days later when I saw the videos of the actual gameplay I said: "The gameplay looks very slow and repetitive and the AI... ppfff The enemies wait until you finish with the first one and then the second in line attacks you... nah"

But is just myi opinion... I kept mi money for a better choice...

functioningbadl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 functioningbadl

I think people shouldn't be using the word "repetitive" when talking about games, because all of them are repetitive. In FPS, you shoot stuff, in fighters, you fight and so on. It doesn't matter how many combinations, strategies or whatever, the point is that you are still going to be doing the same things. I think in Assassin's Creed's case, those who say is repetitive, should use the word "monotonous" instead, which is repetitions that is dull and tedious.

For me, AC is one of the most monotonous games I have ever played. Not repetitive, MONOTONOUS. If you care, here is my Review, where I go in depth with it. However, if they correct all of the stuff that I mention (in my opinion, not a fact, cause some people see no problems whatsoever with what I see) then AC2 will be what AC should have been.

C-Himura

I agree with you when it comes to games being repetitive BUT only to some degree. Sure in shooters you shoot stuff, but the game throws in something different, different enemy, different sceneries, different objective. In fighting sure you do fight, but your enemy does not throw in the same combo all at the same time, it throws something at you which different which makes you more interested in the game.

But on AC it's a ONE SHOT DEAL....

1. You go to a place. All of them looks the same.

2. Climb up, Pickpocket, run over rooftop, climb some more, eavesdrop, run over rooftop again, climb some more, interrogate etc.

3. KILL the target

4. Run like an A$$

5. Do this for the next 8 Assassinations

Now don't you think that's a bit much?

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#45 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts
That's why I say is better to use the word monotonous instead. Repetitive can sometimes be unnecessary or tiresome. Now monotonous is repetition characterized by its dullness, which perfectly fits AC's description:D
thejakel11225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thejakel11225
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts

yep I was quite disappointed. the only review I read about the game before getting it was GS's and it got me excited since they gave it a 9. but after playing it a few hours, I started to like it less and less. honestly for me it's more of a 7, it has some good concepts but they were delivered terribly. Pearl_of_Egypt

*looks at sig*

2OR2OS...YA 7ADARY :D

lol anyway, here's my 2 cents:

The game is gr8, but i don't think it deserved the 9.0 GS slapped on it. At first i was like OMG TEH GRAPHIXXX AND TEH PHYSIXXX but then after a while, like some people, i too felt like the game was too repetitive and boring and i didn't even bother to finish it.

GEMINIVice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GEMINIVice
Member since 2007 • 1139 Posts
I passed on the game, I decided to wait until Ubisoft does another Prince of Persia.
Robinho1873

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Robinho1873
Member since 2007 • 1066 Posts

And the guards do things like this.................http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOgKuSaLrLM

Pearl_of_Egypt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pearl_of_Egypt
Member since 2007 • 4073 Posts

[QUOTE="Pearl_of_Egypt"]yep I was quite disappointed. the only review I read about the game before getting it was GS's and it got me excited since they gave it a 9. but after playing it a few hours, I started to like it less and less. honestly for me it's more of a 7, it has some good concepts but they were delivered terribly. thejakel11225

*looks at sig*

2OR2OS...YA 7ADARY :D

lol anyway, here's my 2 cents:

The game is gr8, but i don't think it deserved the 9.0 GS slapped on it. At first i was like OMG TEH GRAPHIXXX AND TEH PHYSIXXX but then after a while, like some people, i too felt like the game was too repetitive and boring and i didn't even bother to finish it.

:lol: we were chanting that too when they won. Hadary is the man! :D

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
I think it was a let down aswell i best describe it as the best 30mins of game play!!! then you realise wait a minute this is the same thing over and over!!!! this sucks!!!!! i have dubbed the game Ass Crud