assassins creed or uncharted drakes fortune

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ltfan15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 ltfan15
Member since 2007 • 162 Posts
I only get to pick one game for now and i need to know which one you guys think i should pick up. I know there both pretty short but i think they look really cool and i want to pick one up
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
Assassin's Creed for sure. It has the deepest storyline I have ever seen in a game. It's repetitive in mission structure but the situations are never the same.
outbreak201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 outbreak201
Member since 2005 • 8372 Posts
uncharted...assassins creed is easy and repetitive...all you do in it is...talk to a guy in the hideout...climb a big tower..synchronize the area....do at least 3 investigations....assassinate a boss....rinse and repeat.... get uncharted dude
matto4141

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 matto4141
Member since 2007 • 51 Posts

Uncharted.

Nuff said.

bubblepaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 bubblepaul
Member since 2005 • 503 Posts
Im an Assassin's Creed man, havent got Uncharted but played it a fair bit and i love both games, but Assassin's Creed is unbelievable

2-2 so far
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
Assassins Creed is a 15-20 hour game....I would hardly call that short.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

No brainer .. Uncharted

bubblepaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bubblepaul
I wouldnt call that short either, and ive been playing the game for close too maybe a bit over 100 hours. Side quest it up!
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

uncharted...assassins creed is easy and repetitive...all you do in it is...talk to a guy in the hideout...climb a big tower..synchronize the area....do at least 3 investigations....assassinate a boss....rinse and repeat.... get uncharted dude outbreak201

I agree, I recommend Uncharted.

If you play like this guy is saying, then AC is only 6 hour long. You don't even need to get vigilantes because there are so many hideouts to shake off the guards.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Krigon

I wouldnt call that short either, and ive been playing the game for close too maybe a bit over 100 hours. Side quest it up!bubblepaul

The "sidequest" are all the same on every mission and they aren't necessary (you only need 3 investigations to start the mission)

bubblepaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bubblepaul

[QUOTE="bubblepaul"]I wouldnt call that short either, and ive been playing the game for close too maybe a bit over 100 hours. Side quest it up!Krigon

The "sidequest" are all the same on every mission and they aren't necessary (you only need 3 investigations to start the mission)

This is true however for enjoyment factors its great, as well as killing all 60 templers, flag collecting etc etc. All great fun
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#13 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Go with Uncharted, like everyone says AC is reptitive.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Krigon
[QUOTE="Krigon"]

[QUOTE="bubblepaul"]I wouldnt call that short either, and ive been playing the game for close too maybe a bit over 100 hours. Side quest it up!bubblepaul

This is true however for enjoyment factors its great, as well as killing all 60 templers, flag collecting etc etc. All great fun

I agree with the templars, but not with the flags because they give you nothing for collecting them all.

haesuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#15 haesuse
Member since 2007 • 739 Posts
i gotta join the mob here. UDF is awesome. story is amazing with some fun old school pre-indiana jones twists to it. Its gorgeous, plays well, and has some replay value to it. definitely pick it up!
jzen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16 jzen_
Member since 2003 • 711 Posts
i'd say get both since i'll be doing the same. i only have uncharted as of now and can say i absolutely love it. assasin's creed still interests me despite what others have said, so i'll be gettin that as well
AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

I only get to pick one game for now and i need to know which one you guys think i should pick up. I know there both pretty short but i think they look really cool and i want to pick one up ltfan15

get uncharted. I own both and AC is not worth the money. I beat it and traded it in. Uncharted is so awesome I'm playing it all over again. AC freezes on you, its repetitive gameplay and the story doesnt make sense.

gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
Assassins creed- ONLY because, every other good ps3 game seems to be an FPS, or at least shooter, I need a break from shooting, its just a unique fun style... that may get repetitive.. but its an exciting repetitiveness of slicing throats, scaling buildings, pickpocketing, in short.. FUN FOR ALL THE LITTLE KIDDIES....
rossboss25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rossboss25
Member since 2007 • 53 Posts
hmmmmmmmmm......both good games but i would have to go with assains creed gameplay is awesome.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
Can someone tell me how Uncharted is not repetitive but AC is? As far as I know in Uncharted you kill pirates and solve little meaningless puzzles and then repeat. That actually makes it sound like AC has more variety since there are actually more things to do. So can someone please explain, preferably someone who has actually played Uncharted.
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts

Assassin's Creed is literally the bubonic plague of video games. Somehow it has infected thousands of players into believing it is a good game. Avoid this and anyone that likes it before you become a victim.

Uncharted is the vaccine, buy it now.

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Velric

Assassins Creed is a 15-20 hour game....I would hardly call that short.Truth-slayer

Woah, which version of the game were you playing? Even if I tried to get every flag in the game, every eagle's nest, and (if playing the 360 version) wanted all of the achievements I couldn't stretch this out passed 10. The game is easily finishable in 4 hours.

ocdog45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#23 ocdog45
Member since 2005 • 9072 Posts

i got AC right now as a rent. i want to enjoy it so i take my time with it so im not sure if ima keep it, but i do want to play uncharted after i played the demo, it was tight off the bat.

I only get to pick one game for now and i need to know which one you guys think i should pick up. I know there both pretty short but i think they look really cool and i want to pick one up ltfan15

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Velric

Can someone tell me how Uncharted is not repetitive but AC is? As far as I know in Uncharted you kill pirates and solve little meaningless puzzles and then repeat. That actually makes it sound like AC has more variety since there are actually more things to do. So can someone please explain, preferably someone who has actually played Uncharted.The_Rick_14

It is all how a game presents itself and how the story pushes you towards your next challenge. Assassin's Creed does it in exactly the same fashion every time, only changing the face of the enemy you are hunting down. It also hurts that the game requires absolutely no skill.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts
AC for sure, the storyline is amazing, but the investigation missions can get repetitive, but they are fun, but theAssassinations kick ass dude. Also, Uncharted felt too clunky for me, the animations for jumping were too slow and looked stupid, the shooting was awesomely bad, and again, too cluncky.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts

Assassin's Creed is literally the bubonic plague of video games. Somehow it has infected thousands of players into believing it is a good game. Avoid this and anyone that likes it before you become a victim.

Velric

Don't be stupid. I have both games, and they are both great, but Assassins Creed is on it's own totem pole of greatness. It is so innovative and fun.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts

I wouldnt call that short either, and ive been playing the game for close too maybe a bit over 100 hours. Side quest it up!bubblepaul

What game are you talking about because it cant be either of the 2 mentioned in the topic. I have not played AC yet but Uncharted is cool.

B1ACK_MAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 B1ACK_MAGE
Member since 2006 • 1693 Posts
I own both and Uncharted is the better game. Assassins Creed is fun for the first 6 hours, but after that it's the same thing over and over and over. Definitely Uncharted
PS2Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 PS2Hawk
Member since 2003 • 4180 Posts

Uncharted because its the Game of the Year. Assasssin's Creed has good story BUT EVERY MISSION is the same, read again EVERY MISSION is exactly like the previous one.

Secondly Uncharted graphics just can't be match so its a show case of PS3 hardware and you will play it atleast 3 times.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I own both and Uncharted is the better game. Assassins Creed is fun for the first 6 hours, but after that it's the same thing over and over and over. Definitely UnchartedB1ACK_MAGE

Can someone please explain what isn't the same thing over and over in Uncharted? It seems like move towards an area, solve a puzzle, kill pirates, repeat to me.

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Velric
[QUOTE="Velric"]

Liquid-Prince

Don't be stupid. I have both games, and they are both great, but Assassins Creed is on it's own totem pole of greatness. It is so innovative and fun.

Ah, this I have to hear. How does my opinion of a game make me stupid and in what way is Assassin's Crap, sorry, I mean Creed, innovative?

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
Get AC. AC is probably the most fun I've had with a non-RPG game since Shadow of the Colossus. It's smart, intuitive, and has loads of stuff to do after the main story is over. And it's the first of a trilogy. Uncharted is good and all, but it's nothing that hasn't been done before in some other game(*cough*Tomb Raider*cough*). AC is a game unlike any other. Believe me, it's worth your 60 dolloars.
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts

Can someone tell me how Uncharted is not repetitive but AC is? As far as I know in Uncharted you kill pirates and solve little meaningless puzzles and then repeat. That actually makes it sound like AC has more variety since there are actually more things to do. So can someone please explain, preferably someone who has actually played Uncharted.The_Rick_14

Ok I went to my friend's house to play AC and to me honestly the gameplay just sucks. Through my eyes it seems like a free-roam next gen version of dynasty warriors. Everything else is cool in the game besides the combat I mean i could just go through the entire game just countering once i learnt it. Yea Uncharted is reppetitive a bit but then again what game isnt at least uncharted makes it harder for me to kill the pirates.

-PS360FTW-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 -PS360FTW-
Member since 2007 • 628 Posts
uncharted
radicaldude10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 radicaldude10
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts

Assassin's Creed in my opinion is alot more exciting. It's different than most other games such as you can jump and climb on anything tha looks like a ledge for you. But Drake's Fortune is pretty good but it's just another 3rd person shooter just a little different. But you should check out the trailers and reviews and all that stuff on both games to double check what you will like.

Metallicaguy007[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com

amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#36 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

get Uncharted

A.C. gets boring very quickly

hustler_151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hustler_151
Member since 2006 • 1720 Posts
Uncharted is AMAZING. AC is just slightly less amazing. go with Uncharted
DrugMan47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DrugMan47
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
lol i gotta say his for what i heard its better uncharted go to ign and see assassins creed is one of the top 5 desapoitemtents of the year and they say the game is better to rent than buy cuz is to repetive the end suks too many glitches but the game is still awsome thx to the grafiks and gameplay anyway they are totaly diferent games it depends to on what games you like to me i think i like more the uncharted cuz the storyline is awsome it has alot of smart humor it doesnt have those lamme jokes that doesnt make a guy laugh soo for me i stik with uncharted but im gonna buy assassins creed too
DrugMan47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrugMan47
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts

cuz in uncharted evry batle you have to think estratigic the best places to take cover and all that stuff and its not repetitive as you think it is cuz you will have missions run on the car killin o ther people swiming runing from zombies so its not that repetitive now with ac combat is always the same saving people its always the same they even say the SAME THING

pikotep its to the same thing and the most lamest thing is sit on a bench press a button a hear the conversation and the visual glitchs like the horse gets handicapbtw other stuff

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#40 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
AC, rent Drakes you can finish it on a weekend, and I don't see the replay value of it. IMO.
Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts

I've said it before... I think Uncharted is overrated. The game is basically a shoot out over and over again, got tired of it after a couple of runs.

I personally prefer stealth games and AC is just the pick I'd do. If you've played and liked Hitman, you'll also like AC.

warbmxjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 warbmxjohn
Member since 2007 • 6014 Posts
Uncharted all the way. Not even a close choice for me.
stickstick86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 stickstick86
Member since 2007 • 751 Posts
uncharted, but you should buy both
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
I have both. AC is fun to play, but gets to repetitive. IMO Uncharted.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#45 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Uncharted seems just as repetative. Assassins Creed is longer so get it first. I hope to gt Uncharted on boxing day though.
p2250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 p2250
Member since 2003 • 1520 Posts

I'm getting both.

I think the main reasonthere was so much negative feedback for AC is that many people hyped the game up so much and it could never have lived up to everybody's expectations. Uncharted on the other hand was the underdog and was greater than everyone expected, so people are naturally pleased with this. I think a lot of people also like to give Uncharted the upper hand and say it's better because it's an PS3 exclusive.

I've heard that AC can be repetitive but I'd say UC is the same way.

drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Uncharted.

Hands down the best PS3 game of the year for me. I loved every minute.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts
ac gets boring after like mmmmmm.........10 minutes uncharted is like limitless !!!!!really go with uncharted !
Emon_b007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Emon_b007
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

it dipands on you

uncharted is more like tom raider

i well say that assassin

newfg311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 newfg311
Member since 2003 • 816 Posts
I had both, and I would def. say Uncharted. Assassins Creed is fun, but it gets old pretty quick. Uncharted is just plain fun and really great visually.