Aren't we LONG overdue for some Greatest Hits releases?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

What is the deal with the lack of greatest hits releases?

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Infamous

Little Big Planet

I've been holding off buying these (since I first got PS3 when the slim came out,). I figured these have all been out awhile and didn't want to buy it, then have the price drop soon after. I figured at least 1 or 2 would definitely have been out before Christmas. Any idea when these will be made greatest hits for 29.99 or less?? Any other games that are OBVIOUSLY due to be made a greatest hits, that still haven't?

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
it hasnt even been a year since KZ2 and infamous' release... not sure about the others tho
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 2Chalupas

Little Big Planet just game out with a "Game of the Year Edition". So they will probably milk that for as long as they can, before finally putting out a greatest hits. Then again Call of Duty 4 never got a "greatest hits" either. That thing has been out for 2+ YEARS. You can add that as another game long overdue.

wax_bottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wax_bottle
Member since 2010 • 28 Posts
i just got my ps3... the only greatest hits i know is mgs4. any other greatest hits worth getting? and i don't think the exclusives (like lbp and infamous) will be greatest hits any time soon.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

inFamous is $40....If you can't get a $40 game, then get a damn job (or a better one).

LiquidClear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 LiquidClear
Member since 2008 • 356 Posts

Being a poor gamer, I am definitely waiting for more Greatest Hits as well. I always respected Sony for doing it, but they're starting to take their sweet time in releasing them :( I was also waiting for LBP to come out, but who knows when it'll happen :|

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Like the person above said, Killzone 2 hasn't even been out a year. Infamous has gone semi-greatest hits: they dropped the retail price to $39.99, which is surprising because usually Sony are pretty stingy about it. The first Uncharted didn't get greatest hits until, what was it, August or September 2009? And it came out in 2007.

The biggest offender is COD4. Seriously, it's still selling for $45-50 at alot of places. It's over 2 years old and has a sequel. Come on Activision! (I've played it before but I wouldn't mind going through it again if the price would drop)

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

You'd think games such as Heavenly Sword or Folklore would be Greatest Hits, but most places still sell those games new for 50-60 bucks. They should at least see a major price drop. Luckily I found them for cheap otherwise I wouldn't have them in my collection right now.

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
I'm STILL waiting for Folklore and Heavenly Sword to hit Greatest Hits, as I've always wanted to play them, but couldn't find any reason to spend full $60 on them... ... And these are freakin 2007 titles... ... And we've just hit 2010. What's taking so long?
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#11 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]I'm STILL waiting for Folklore and Heavenly Sword to hit Greatest Hits, as I've always wanted to play them, but couldn't find any reason to spend full $60 on them... ... And these are freakin 2007 titles... ... And we've just hit 2010. What's taking so long?

It took Uncharted: Drake's Fortune to hit the Greatest Hits in like 2 years lol.
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Killzone 2 and Infamous were released this year. LBP just had a GOTY this year, Resistance 2 will probably be another year away from a greatest hits. I think sony generally waits 2 years, or sometimes never like Heavenly Sword XD
sportwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sportwarrior
Member since 2003 • 2462 Posts
I haven't seen Folklore or Heavenly sword on a store shelf in at least a year. It'll be a little tough for them to justify putting those on the greatest hits list when they aren't currently stocked on store shelves and never had the sales numbers to justify another shipment.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

Rogue Warrior Greatest Hits version.

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Infamous

2Chalupas

In Europe, these three games are already Platinum. I even got Killzone 2 for 20 euros.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts

inFamous is $40....If you can't get a $40 game, then get a damn job (or a better one).

Warriorboy1990
Yeah because jobs are just falling out of the sky left and right... Smh lets just stick to games people.
Abecale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Abecale
Member since 2009 • 919 Posts

[QUOTE="Warriorboy1990"]

jeremiah06

Yeah because jobs are just falling out of the sky left and right... Smh lets just stick to games people.

Haha it seems even if you have a job, your hours will be cut anyway, its all so rooted.

lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts

[QUOTE="2Chalupas"]

Resistance 2

Killzone 2

Infamous

NotAFurry

In Europe, these three games are already Platinum. I even got Killzone 2 for 20 euros.

^^ This, im amazed US havnt had them yet (about time EU had something before you lot lol). Although we got to put up with horrible silver cases with a yellow border.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Some of those are not even a year old and the others barely over a year. But yes in general there has to be some titles that could be made into greatest hits.
M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#20 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet aren't that good.

Theres plenty of better games than them that have been released over the past year and a half

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
[QUOTE="Brainhunter"]I'm STILL waiting for Folklore and Heavenly Sword to hit Greatest Hits, as I've always wanted to play them, but couldn't find any reason to spend full $60 on them... ... And these are freakin 2007 titles... ... And we've just hit 2010. What's taking so long?

Your sig is love. If we are ever in conflict over opinions, just remind me that you're sig is too awesome and I will withdraw immediately.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
What about Uncharted? That game is still selling for almost forty bucks! WTF!?
hxczuner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 hxczuner
Member since 2009 • 2672 Posts

Those Uk platinum cases are probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NotAFurry

Those Uk platinum cases are probably the ugliest thing I've ever seen

hxczuner

I guess I'm the only one who likes the yellow...

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2Chalupas

Warriorboy1990

LIke some of the others said, 3 of these games are already greatest hits in europe and have been for awhile. That's why I assumed that the U.S was due to get the greatest hits on those particular games and why I've been "waiting" for them. While I noted those particular games off the top of my head, my post was just "in general" wondering why the PS3 has been lacking greatest hits releases.

I've only had my PS3 slim since September and have already purhased more than 20 games for it. But I still look for deals when buying games, tried to scoop up all the "must have" games that were already discounted to 19.99-ish or were greatest hits. I also got a bunch of new games because Amazon had some massive sales for the holidays. No way in hell I'm goign to pay 56.99 for Resistance 2 or Killzone when I can get a $10 credit on a brand new pre-ordered game like Gran Turismo V or God of War III from Amazon to make it CHEAPER than a game that's been out around a year.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Greatest hits Uncharted is 20. Also rumor had it awhile back a game made Greatest Hits when it sold more than 1 million copies (PS3), but we all know that to be false by now.. guess Sony or whomever just wants to reap the profits.
jiggaloj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 jiggaloj
Member since 2006 • 4345 Posts

I'm STILL waiting for Folklore and Heavenly Sword to hit Greatest Hits, as I've always wanted to play them, but couldn't find any reason to spend full $60 on them... ... And these are freakin 2007 titles... ... And we've just hit 2010. What's taking so long?Brainhunter

I bought Heavenly Sword on Amazon for $28.

The_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_89
Member since 2009 • 594 Posts

Wait, there are actually people who want greatest hits games? I avoid them at all costs

Mr_Splosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Mr_Splosher
Member since 2009 • 772 Posts

Well in the UK R2 and KZ2 are platinum, which means they're only £20, is this the same as Greatest Hits?

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 2Chalupas

Wait, there are actually people who want greatest hits games? I avoid them at all costs

The_89

That makes ZERO sense. They are the exact same game, only cheaper, and should be FULLY PATCHED RIGHT ON DISC. Also some of them come with add-in content included.

I know in the past "black edition" meant something. Heck last year I sold my Final Fantasy VII for $85 to some shmuck who cared that he had the original release. But I really don't care about that stuff. With the PS3 if anything the greatests hits might mean you get some DLC content for free, and you should at least not have to download a large patch to have the bugs fixed.

Bottom line is if it's in old game that I passed on, if I'm going to pick it up now I'd MUCH rather have it in re-released form.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Aren't some sales requirements before a game is eligible to become greatest hits? That being said, Sony is pretty slow on it.

I'm willing to put my money that Killzone 2 is going to get a GOTY edition with all the map packs before becoming greatest hits.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

many games were mentioning are great games. like heavenly sword. they just didnt sell well enough to be considered "greatest hits". thats why we dont see a price drop. the studios are trying to make their money back. games that sold oodles and wont come down (cod4) dont make sense to me. seems greedy. just like ea sports, they drop the price on madden games very slowly. and those come out anually.

90xGrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 90xGrad
Member since 2009 • 528 Posts

if money is the issue, buy used games. for example, metal gear solid 4 and devil may cry 4 are $17.99. i don't mind buying used games if everything is in good shape including the instruction manual. in other words, it looks new, but it's used.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 2Chalupas

if money is the issue, buy used games. for example, metal gear solid 4 and devil may cry 4 are $17.99. i don't mind buying used games if everything is in good shape including the instruction manual. in other words, it looks new, but it's used.

90xGrad

I already have Metal Gear 4, that was one of my first purchases. I didn't like Devil May cry on PS2 so I don't think I'm interested on PS3.

It's not really a money issue as in "I can't afford it". I just don't like overpaying and not receiving value for things. I'm fine paying $54.99 on Gran Turismo and God of War III on it's release date (with probably a $10 amazon credit on top of each). I've already got them pre-ordered. I'm not OK paying 54.99 for a game that's been out alot longer and deserves a price cut and greatest hits release. That's basically the gist of it. These games are "due" for greatest hits and count me in as one that's goign to wait. If I was a PS3 owner when they came out I may have bought a couple of them at release, but because I am a relatively recent PS3 owner I don't want to pay that much for "old" games.

These are the games I've purchased so far and i've only had my PS3 since late September. So it's not like I'm a total cheap ass.

Assassins Creed 2

Metal Gear Solid 4 (greatest hits)

Modern Warfare 2

Bioshock (since this is already 19.99 I guess it'll never be a greatest hits)

Dead Space (same as Bioshock)

Quantum of Solace

Dragon Age Origins

Fifa 10

Uncharted (greatest hits)

Uncharted 2

Ratchet and Clank (greatest hits)

Sonic Collection

Dirt 2

Midnight Club LA complete edition (greatest hits)

Motostorm Pacific Rift (best buy had it 19.99 for some reason)

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

ya id like to get Resistance 2 and LBP on greatest hits

Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
[QUOTE="Symphonycometh"][QUOTE="Brainhunter"]I'm STILL waiting for Folklore and Heavenly Sword to hit Greatest Hits, as I've always wanted to play them, but couldn't find any reason to spend full $60 on them... ... And these are freakin 2007 titles... ... And we've just hit 2010. What's taking so long?

Your sig is love. If we are ever in conflict over opinions, just remind me that you're sig is too awesome and I will withdraw immediately.

Thank you for the compliments Symphonycometh. I absolutely adore Team ICO titles, from the niche game ICO to the epic tale Shadow of the Colossus. The Last Guardian seems to literally be a child born out of the two games. You've essentially got the heroic boy from ICO with an animal companion like Agro from Shadow of the Colossus. This game screams "Epic" and "Softhearted" all over.
wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#37 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

We have far more games in our Platinum range then the US has in the Greatest Hits itsurprisesme really how long it takes for a game to make greatest hits. But then again the Platinum range we have is awful yellow and silver colours while the US Greatest Hits aren't as bad as you make it out to be I'd rather have red then Yellow and Silver that don't even go together.

yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts

thats wierd in EU

Killzone2, Uncharted 1, etc are all platinum titles which sell cheap !

PhoenixVenom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 PhoenixVenom
Member since 2008 • 706 Posts

im waitin for KZ2 to goto greatest hits to get it.

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt a game become a greatest hit when it sells a certain amount of copies and not how long the game has been out? or maybe sony is diff cause i think thats how xbox greatest hits r when they sell a certain amount of copies but i could be wrong

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18798 Posts
If Killzone and Infamous arent selling anymore, then sony needs to drop the price to $29.99 before Gamestop does. If not mistaken, PS1 and PS2 games are greatest hits bound when it sells 1 million copies and been on the market for 9 months
biscuits3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 biscuits3
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

I...hate...red cases...

They look awful in my OCD game collection, just like the new PS3 box arts :P

Back onto the topic of the post, though, we certainly are long overdue for more Greatest Hits games. What bugs me is the games that have more than filled the requirements and still get no Greatest Hits love (like the afore-mentioned COD4.)

NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 NotAFurry

im waitin for KZ2 to goto greatest hits to get it.

correct me if im wrong, but doesnt a game become a greatest hit when it sells a certain amount of copies and not how long the game has been out? or maybe sony is diff cause i think thats how xbox greatest hits r when they sell a certain amount of copies but i could be wrong

PhoenixVenom
Lol, then MW2 would have gone Greatest Hits day two!
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts
InFamous is a game that is worth every single penny at full price 60$,
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I miss it when Greatest Hits were like $20. Next gen greatest hits will be $39 I bet.
Emmure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Emmure_
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

Resistance 2 and Little Big Planet aren't that good.

Theres plenty of better games than them that have been released over the past year and a half

M0wen10

Yeah... right. your in the minority there.

OT

I think more will come sometime this summer. There was more greatest hits added late 09 wasn't there ? DMC4, MGS ect. (could of been mid 09)

But like mentioned above, killzone 2 and infamous are not even a year old. Both are 30-40$... not much of a difference.

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

By the time Heavenly Sword becomes a Greatest Hit I'm not going to want to play it anymore.

If I had my wish though I'd like Heavenly Sword and Dead Space to becomes greatest hits ASAP.

We really shouldn't expect any games to become Greatest Hits until summer of 2010, Sony tends to market Greatest Hit games at the low points in the game release year... aka the summer months.

tonyf55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tonyf55
Member since 2004 • 725 Posts

By the way, check out the "History" section on the Greatest Hits Wikipedia page. It explains why we might not have seen any new Greatest Hits yet.

From the page:
"Games that are multi-million sellers may become Greatest Hits titles much later than 9 months to maximize profits. It is also a common practice for a game to re-release on the Greatest Hits label at a close proximity to the release of that game's sequel or follow-up."

So, Sony might be racking in the cash right now and then make certain titles Greatest Hits once the money stops flowing. Otherwise, a lot of the games like Resistance 2 and LBP may become GH games when their sequel is released.

Emmure_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Emmure_
Member since 2009 • 51 Posts

By the time Heavenly Sword becomes a Greatest Hit I'm not going to want to play it anymore.

If I had my wish though I'd like Heavenly Sword and Dead Space to becomes greatest hits ASAP.

We really shouldn't expect any games to become Greatest Hits until summer of 2010, Sony tends to market Greatest Hit games at the low points in the game release year... aka the summer months.

tonyf55

Dead space is 30$ at walmart/bestbuy. for the past 4 months I've seen it and bioshock(ps3) for 19$ on and off(sale). it not being greatest hits, is such a poor excuse not to buy it. Half of these games are cheap as **** as is.

-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
In the UK KZ2 inFAMOUS and i think it was R2 are all in the greatest hits collection now i went to my local game shop (Gamestation) and they were all in the ugly looking silver cases. the was pretty cheap too
Roman_Irishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#50 Roman_Irishman
Member since 2007 • 29493 Posts

I too would love to get Heavenly Sword but I refuse to pay the 50 bucks for it that every gamstop in my town is asking for.

Even if Sony doesnt want to give it GH status just lower the price a little, its absurd to ask that amount of money for a game that old.