Are you ready for PS4 or is it too soon?

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tom_cat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tom_cat_01
Member since 2009 • 2938 Posts

With the Wii successor being announced soon, and maybe XboX SDKs being sent out, it might not be too long before the PS4 is announced

So... is it too soon, too late, just right? Do you think this generation has had it's day? when would you be ready/prepared to say bye bye to PS3 and pick up a PS4?

topic.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts
imo this generation is only just kicking up a notch- it's got a while yet before it dies out. I think Xbox720 has been announced way too soon and is Sony counters with a PS4, it will kill a console cycle as it hits its peak.
GEE_WIZZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 GEE_WIZZ
Member since 2010 • 428 Posts

Ready or not it'll probably be a long time before I buy one. I've decided later this summer to build a gaming rig and i'm not very interested in another console. It is too soon though. Late 2012 at the earliest, 2013 seems like a prime time for it.

AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
much too soon. the only reason nintendo put out a new console so soon was that the wii was/is in every way, shape, and form (other than release date) a last gen console. i don't want to see a ps4 until 2014 at the very earliest
desk_jet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 desk_jet
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts
imo this generation is only just kicking up a notch- it's got a while yet before it dies out. I think Xbox720 has been announced way too soon and is Sony counters with a PS4, it will kill a console cycle as it hits its peak. HellsAngel2c
i agree completely, PS3 is having some of its best years. last years releases and this years release were and are going to be solid. i think if they announce something or give hints at this E3 it wont be bad. but this generation i believe still has at least 3 more years before it dies out completely.
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
im ready. i dont think sony is though.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Way too soon, I won't be wasting the money if they do decide to bring in another system. Not like it will have a lot of good games for a while anyways.

Deathmedical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deathmedical
Member since 2009 • 59 Posts

Go ahead and release the ps4 now, this way it can be hacked, shut down, and buy the time sony gets it working right agian we'll all have used our Ps3's for so long they will all be an out-dated format. LOL get served sony:lol: , Love my PS3

Avatar image for RusianGrmReaper
RusianGrmReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RusianGrmReaper
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts

sony should look into security and making better software before a PS4 comes out. Really tho this gen of consoles has been a real hit and miss for everyone, they all need to hold back for a while and really test things and make the best possible product IMHO a PS4 and whatever the new xbox will be called and wii should hold off untill 2014-2015 so they dont make the same mistakes.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Too soon. I'm thinking 2014 is a good time for new playstation
Avatar image for finalserenade75
finalserenade75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 finalserenade75
Member since 2009 • 2162 Posts

It's way too soon; however, if a PS4 comes out I'll buy it day 1. But yeah, I'd prefer if devs get 3 or 4 more years to "use up" the console.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
 . .
Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

theres no new playstation coming out this year or next year. the ps4 is rumored to be released around 2013 or 2014. the ps3 has a longer life span than the xbox 360 does so you will see the ps3 come out a year or 2 after the next xbox comes out so stop looking 2 or 3 years into the future and focus on whats going on this year for the gaming world

Avatar image for scouttrooperbob
scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#14 scouttrooperbob
Member since 2008 • 2439 Posts

Too soon. PS3, hardware wise, is ahead of the other systems. Im not suprised a new nintindo system is coming out. The wii has reached its limits IMO

Avatar image for deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
deactivated-589cfb21cbc03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-589cfb21cbc03
Member since 2009 • 840 Posts

Too soon. PS3, hardware wise, is ahead of the other systems. Im not suprised a new nintindo system is coming out. The wii has reached its limits IMO

scouttrooperbob

and nintendo is losing the console war against sony and microsoft so they are trying to get the upperhand by releasing the new nintendo console before microsoft and sony. so i stand by my statement, the ps4 wont come out until 2013 or 2014

Ilinxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ilinxx
Member since 2011 • 53 Posts

it's too soon. for one, think about all the pending ps3 titles out there.

it's a pretty up to date system which makes pondering a sequel console pointless right now

EDIT:*Nintendo is at the point where they can be working on something. People are over the Wii mote and even more over the $50 crappy mini-games it's associated with.

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 scouttrooperbob

Not to mention they just got move out on the market which by the way it looks like a good wii system.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Well it has been out for a while, but I still believe it has a ton of life left in it. Just look at what they were able to do with the ps2 towards the end. It takes a while for developers to fully be able to take advantage of a console. Now that they're basically forced into 3D and motion sense it will take even longer until the ps3 is able to reach its full potential. It makes sense the Wii is getting basically an update. There's nothing wrong with it, but it really isn't up to the standards of the other current gen systems. I just feel if a ps4 will come out soon it'll need to be something really amazing, if not they're going to miss out on the potential still in the ps3. Not to mention the state of the economy that is constantly on the news, how is anyone really going to justify buying a system that may cost $500 when they can get a ps3 with a plethora of really good games and only more of those games to come.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Too soon! I don't want to pay $500 for new hardware plus whatever the cost of games will be next gen (I'm guessing $70).

Edit: Also, note to Sony: ditch the Cell!

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22378 Posts
Yeah I agree with you guys... It's way too soon for PS4. Maybe in a couple of years atleast I'll start to think about it.
True-Legend86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 True-Legend86
Member since 2007 • 1268 Posts
I agree on a PS4 2014 release date....a release too soon and buying the next systems aren't worth it, minor upgrade in quality to warrant $1000s of more dollars invested in gaming?
Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
its too soon man!! i like it on 2014-2015 to be released just no point of puting it out now
sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts
It's far too soon for a new console. Besides, these threads are silly--this generation has been widely speculated to last at least 10 years. That means that 2014 or 2015 would be the earliest time we would see new consoles if the projections/statements (no I don't have a source, but I remember reading them) are true and accurate.
pencru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 pencru
Member since 2009 • 1779 Posts

I think it's way too soon for the PS4. The PS3 is only just starting to unleash its true potential.

IF the PS4 were to be announced this early though, it better have backwards compatibility and little to no chances of overheating/setting flame to transformers, other electrical appliances and homes. (I'm exaggerating, but it almost burned my cabinet though!)

I can't think of ways for them to improve on the console at the moment besides the faulty hardware on the fats. If the PS3 looked like a fat but played like a Slim, I'd want to buy another. Gaming is just a tad expensive nowadays.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blueboxdoctor

I think it's way too soon for the PS4. The PS3 is only just starting to unleash its true potential.

IF the PS4 were to be announced this early though, it better have backwards compatibility and little to no chances of overheating/setting flame to transformers, other electrical appliances and homes. (I'm exaggerating, but it almost burned my cabinet though!)

I can't think of ways for them to improve on the console at the moment besides the faulty hardware on the fats. If the PS3 looked like a fat but played like a Slim, I'd want to buy another. Gaming is just a tad expensive nowadays.

pencru

gaming is way too expensive anymore. It usually takes me almost a year to get most new games because they are just way too overpriced. EA is the worst since you can't buy a game used due to the access code for online access most of the time. Mass Effect 2 was the last game and actually one of the very few I've bought near release date, and luckily it was actually worth it.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blueboxdoctor

pencru

gaming is way too expensive anymore. It usually takes me almost a year to get most new games because they are just way too overpriced. EA is the worst since you can't buy a game used due to the access code for online access most of the time. Mass Effect 2 was the last game and actually one of the very few I've bought near release date, and luckily it was actually worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Man I just got PS3!! I hope it lasts a bit longer than 2014, as 3 years just ain't enough! Plus Blu-Ray is still new I reckon devs could just squeeze it for all it's worth for a bit longer

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#28 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

All the consoles were outdated when they released compared to the PC. Yes, I want new ones to come out. 6-8 years is long enough.

gaming is way too expensive anymore

It's cheaper now. Most new consoles are the same price or less than a lot of the older ones. The price of living has gone up and the cost of development for games is much higher. I don't know what more you could want games either cost the same as they used to, $10 more, or much less than they used to (with some games releasing at $100 in the past and some consoles having more expensive games). Being able to look up information about games also makes it a much more affordable hobby then it used to be.

momentum_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 momentum_god
Member since 2011 • 779 Posts

PS3 games are getting better with every batch, third party support is increasing, the technology obviously isn't close to being maxed out (I understand nothing is truely maxed out but there are diminishing returns with effort/reward in terms of optimization so yeah I'm not even close to ready even if MS puts out another console ps3 could compete for atleast 2 years with continued support

tom_cat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tom_cat_01
Member since 2009 • 2938 Posts

Wow, I didn't think my thread would be so popular.

I guess with all the rumours that uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 etc. will be the last of these franchise games on this console makes people think that maybe the next generation is nigh.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

It is too soon for me. I haven't played half the games I want to on the system. In terms of lifecycle, a new system would not be that far off. With Nintendo's new console only a year away, I doubt MS and Sony are going to sit comfortably with old hardware. Nintendo will be the ones with a "new" console while the other 2 systems will be considered "last generation." People are going to get excited for new consoles once Nintendo's hits and they are going to want to see what Microsoft and Sony have. I say we will see Sony's and Microsoft's systems in 2013.

The PS3 did not take off in the long run like Sony thought it would. I remember back in 07 when everyone was saying that in the long run people are going to want to own a PS3 later on. It has not happened. Look at 2011. Sony has come out with more games than Microsoft, but the 360 still outsells the PS3. The PS3 came out with more games than the 360 last year, but the 360 still outsold it. The PS3 still has sold pretty well, but the launch of the system really hurrt the Sony brand. Everyone bought a 360 instead of a PS3 and then when the system actually got games, a lot of people didn't care because they already bought a 360. With the PS4, Sony can't wait a year to get its crap together. People can't live off launch games for 7 months. $600 is too expensive regardless of what the system can do. With MS having more games at the start, the PS3 still suffers the statement that "it has no games" even here and now in 2011. Sony lost this generation pure and simple. As much as I love the PS3, it never made the comeback everyone said it would and it won't for the rest of the generation.

A lot of developers are finishing their franchises on current generation hardware between now and next year. Mass Effect 3 finishes the trilogy. Assassins Creed is finishing its trilogy this year. The main Ratchet and Clank games have been done since 09. I doubt we will se Resistance 4 or Uncharted 4 on PS3 if the developers decide to continue the franchises. Motorstorm Apocalypse came out this year. Little Big Planet 2 came out this year. Yakuza finishes on PS3 next year for westerners. Most of Sony's first party studios are putting their games out this year. I doubt we will see Killzone 4 on PS3. Sony seems to be done. The Last Guardian comes out next year. The mandatory Twisted Metal game comes out this year. Ninja Gaiden 3 will come out either this year or next year. Bioshock Finishes its trilogy next year. I don't think Sony's first party will roll out with that many more games past 2012.

Developers are finishing ther trilogies, so they can jump to next generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
That Xbox 360 SDK thing was debunked by EA themselves (the ones who the original rumor claimed had them.) So it's only the Wii successor next year. Sony and MS have no reason to make a new console, the PS3 and 360 are still selling great. PS3 moreso than 360 (globally anyway.) Nintendo had to make a new Wii because Wii sales have tanked over the past two years.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#33 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
Will these PS4 topics ever take a break? My god. How about you wait until it is finally announced by Sony? By the way, it is obviously way to soon.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#34 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

They can come out with it next year as far as I'm concerned - I really doubt I'll buy one until it's been out for a while. Probably take at least a year before there are enough games available for it to make it worth the purchase. But I kind of doubt we'll see a PS4 until 2013 or so.

stokely-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 stokely-
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
It's obviously too soon, look at launch ps3 games compared to what's coming out now, dev's are only just starting to come round to the ps3 hardware and it's potential. I can't see what the next xbox will bring to the table really apart from full 3D support and a few other little graphical improvements etc. The 720 or whatever will sell well as usual being the first one out but I think in the long run it'll be an equivalent to a ps3.5 if you see what I mean, kind of sit between the ps3 and ps4 in terms of capabilities.
ken8659

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 ken8659
Member since 2005 • 942 Posts

too soon as there are still amazing games yet to come out on the system.

I think 2013 would be alright

sixgears2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 sixgears2
Member since 2006 • 1261 Posts

It is too soon for me. I haven't played half the games I want to on the system. In terms of lifecycle, a new system would not be that far off. With Nintendo's new console only a year away, I doubt MS and Sony are going to sit comfortably with old hardware. Nintendo will be the ones with a "new" console while the other 2 systems will be considered "last generation." People are going to get excited for new consoles once Nintendo's hits and they are going to want to see what Microsoft and Sony have. I say we will see Sony's and Microsoft's systems in 2013.

The PS3 did not take off in the long run like Sony thought it would. I remember back in 07 when everyone was saying that in the long run people are going to want to own a PS3 later on. It has not happened. Look at 2011. Sony has come out with more games than Microsoft, but the 360 still outsells the PS3. The PS3 came out with more games than the 360 last year, but the 360 still outsold it. The PS3 still has sold pretty well, but the launch of the system really hurrt the Sony brand. Everyone bought a 360 instead of a PS3 and then when the system actually got games, a lot of people didn't care because they already bought a 360. With the PS4, Sony can't wait a year to get its crap together. People can't live off launch games for 7 months. $600 is too expensive regardless of what the system can do. With MS having more games at the start, the PS3 still suffers the statement that "it has no games" even here and now in 2011. Sony lost this generation pure and simple. As much as I love the PS3, it never made the comeback everyone said it would and it won't for the rest of the generation.

A lot of developers are finishing their franchises on current generation hardware between now and next year. Mass Effect 3 finishes the trilogy. Assassins Creed is finishing its trilogy this year. The main Ratchet and Clank games have been done since 09. I doubt we will se Resistance 4 or Uncharted 4 on PS3 if the developers decide to continue the franchises. Motorstorm Apocalypse came out this year. Little Big Planet 2 came out this year. Yakuza finishes on PS3 next year for westerners. Most of Sony's first party studios are putting their games out this year. I doubt we will see Killzone 4 on PS3. Sony seems to be done. The Last Guardian comes out next year. The mandatory Twisted Metal game comes out this year. Ninja Gaiden 3 will come out either this year or next year. Bioshock Finishes its trilogy next year. I don't think Sony's first party will roll out with that many more games past 2012.

gamenerd15

I have to disagree with you. First of all, Nintendo's new console is essentially irrelevant due to how far behind the Wii is technologically. We won't know for sure until E3, but nearly every analysis I have read has stated that the new console will be basically on par technologically with the 360 and PS3. That means that this new Nintendo console is really more about Nintendo simply catching up rather than pushing the industry ahead. Also, if it is true that the new console is only a current gen level machine, then that would seem to support the idea that we are only about halfway through this generation because Nintendo would not release a console that will be outdated within a year or two.

And to address your argument about developers wrapping up trilogies, that hardly seems like evidenve of a new console generation. First of all, basically no developer has stated that the current releases will be the last for this generation, so assuming they will is pure conjecture. Your evidence is being tailored to fit your theory. There are many sequels in the works for next year, and just because you don't THINK that the current series will be carried on during this generation doesn't make that true. Devs may be finishing up trilogies simply so they can move on to other projects or new IPs, or perhaps some of the series in question were never stated to be trilogies and will simply carry on forever while they can still sell well.

Finally according to major publishers like EA, neither MS nor Sony have released even preliminary dev kits for the new consoles, so there is no way that developers could really be working on anything next-gen quite yet. If you figure that most games have a 2-3 year dev cycle, that means that complete new generation games won't start appearing for at least that length of time and probably longer--it all depends on when the dev kits come out. Developers are not going to be simply sitting on their hands during that gap time, so I expect we will still see several more years of great content during this generation.

Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Srenjy

Wow, I didn't think my thread would be so popular.

I guess with all the rumours that uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Skyrim, Mass Effect 3 etc. will be the last of these franchise games on this console makes people think that maybe the next generation is nigh.

tom_cat_01
i dont think those will be the last ones :) i just feel it... theres a force somewhere hahahha
Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Srenjy

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

sixgears2

I have to disagree with you. First of all, Nintendo's new console is essentially irrelevant due to how far behind the Wii is technologically. We won't know for sure until E3, but nearly every analysis I have read has stated that the new console will be basically on par technologically with the 360 and PS3. That means that this new Nintendo console is really more about Nintendo simply catching up rather than pushing the industry ahead. Also, if it is true that the new console is only a current gen level machine, then that would seem to support the idea that we are only about halfway through this generation because Nintendo would not release a console that will be outdated within a year or two.

And to address your argument about developers wrapping up trilogies, that hardly seems like evidenve of a new console generation. First of all, basically no developer has stated that the current releases will be the last for this generation, so assuming they will is pure conjecture. Your evidence is being tailored to fit your theory. There are many sequels in the works for next year, and just because you don't THINK that the current series will be carried on during this generation doesn't make that true. Devs may be finishing up trilogies simply so they can move on to other projects or new IPs, or perhaps some of the series in question were never stated to be trilogies and will simply carry on forever while they can still sell well.

Finally according to major publishers like EA, neither MS nor Sony have released even preliminary dev kits for the new consoles, so there is no way that developers could really be working on anything next-gen quite yet. If you figure that most games have a 2-3 year dev cycle, that means that complete new generation games won't start appearing for at least that length of time and probably longer--it all depends on when the dev kits come out. Developers are not going to be simply sitting on their hands during that gap time, so I expect we will still see several more years of great content during this generation.

man thats true! and just imagine how long does it takes for devs to create games nowadays, its not like a walk in the park anymore! just imagine that how many other possible new ip they could make this gen. if uncharted 2 has used that kind of tech on their game it means that other devs havent optimize the ps3 yet and just how long does it take to create a game? AND IF the new console has came out already it has to be really GOOD i mean like 2x the power of the ps3, and I JUST DONT KNOW HOW LONG THE TIME THE DEVS NEED TO CREATE GAMES ON THAT NEW SYSTEM OR PS4, WHILE IN THIS CURRENT GEN THEY STILL DONT QUITE OPTIMIZE THE TECH of the ps3 YET :(
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

It's way too soon i'll be ready in 2014.

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Sony have got a lot on their minds atm. I'm not ready, I just bought a PS3 recently. Anyway, I doubt Sony will release a ps4 soon.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Too soon. Still lots of ps3 life left.
Awesome-Possum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Awesome-Possum
Member since 2011 • 93 Posts

Too soon. Sony stated that they wanted the PS3 to be a 10 year-long console.... Which would place the PS4 to come around 2016... Honestly I really hope Sony waits until then like nintendo did between the 16 bit and 64 bit era. Instead of releasing a 32 bit game like others they waited to realease the N64. The PS4 better be super powerful, and Ill get it as long as they still have dualshock controller. I would really like it to have backwords capabillity with PS3 games and hardrive transfer so I could pick one of the lower gig ones and place my 300 gig hard drive I have currently in my PS3 with all my games and etc. on it....

scouttrooperbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scouttrooperbob

This topic should be locked because its not relevent to the ps3. It involves other systems. :P like every thread i make.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm ready for next gen about 2 years already, this gen just sucks, I want a console which can make use of my Tv -.-' Up to this point only Blu Ray movies via PS3 and my PC can make use of it :/ (as a side note it's just horrible the PS3 stopped accepting my HDD with an update, now I need to watch my (legal) digital copies of movies on the Tv directly which can only send stereo to my surround system -.-' fu Sony, seriously, why do we have to suffer? -.-')

GD-1369211121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 GD-1369211121
Member since 2006 • 4087 Posts

It is way too soon. I'd say this gen has another good at least 4 years left in it.

chikane19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 chikane19
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
to soon for me i would need at leats 3 years to save up 700$ to buy a ps4
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamenerd15

Too soon. Sony stated that they wanted the PS3 to be a 10 year-long console.... Which would place the PS4 to come around 2016... Honestly I really hope Sony waits until then like nintendo did between the 16 bit and 64 bit era. Instead of releasing a 32 bit game like others they waited to realease the N64. The PS4 better be super powerful, and Ill get it as long as they still have dualshock controller. I would really like it to have backwords capabillity with PS3 games and hardrive transfer so I could pick one of the lower gig ones and place my 300 gig hard drive I have currently in my PS3 with all my games and etc. on it....

Awesome-Possum

Sony did say they want the PS3 lifecycle to be 10 years, but they didn't say 10 years before the next console comes out. PS2 lasted for over 10 years and after 6 years PS3 came out.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gamenerd15

[QUOTE="gamenerd15"]

sixgears2

Nintendo's new console will be more powerful than the PS3 and 360. http://wii.ign.com/articles/113/1135489p1.html I don't see how Nintendo is irrelevant just because of graphics.

It takes years to make a game and even longer to make a new IP. Do you honestly think that Bioware, Insomniac, or Naughty are going to continue to make current generation games after 2012? It takes 2 to 3 years to make a game. If development continues on current generation after 2012, then the games of a lot of developers would come out in 2014 or 2015. This means that when the next generation does hit, a lot of developers won't have any games to put on the new systems. Developers have already pushed the systems quite a bit. A lot of the newer games will be multiple discs on 360. L.A. Noir will be 3 discs, Dead Space 2 is two discs, Rage will be 2 discs, I am sure Elder Scrolls 5 will be multiple discs on the console as well. This means that developers have pretty much maxed out what the 360 can handle. Uncharted 2 maxed out a single layer blu ray disc. FF 13 was 3 discs on 360, so I assume it was put onto a dual layered blu ray disc for PS3. Developers are maxing out what they can do on current generation hardware. I doubt developers are going to sit around for the next 3 years with current generation hardware.

Sony's studios are putting out a lot of games this year, That seems to imply that Sony is looking to move on to the next generation. I doubt there will be a huge leap in hardware next generation. The graphics are going to be doubled like 8 bit to 16 bit, or 64 bit to 128 bit. Graphics are reaching a wall. What game has come out that looks a giant leap ahead of Crysis, Killzone, Uncharted, or Heavy Rain. I am sure there are a few games out there, but not very many. If developers are already complaining how expensive games are now, then I doubt anyone is pushing is going to push power a whole lot for the next generation.

Avatar image for Thatonedude5432
Thatonedude5432

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Thatonedude5432
Member since 2010 • 411 Posts
imo, the ps3 is just fine. Pretty fast, and not much i can think of that they can improve. Would just cost a lot of money...