Apparently, Gran Turismo 5 isnt even finished yet!

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5530400/is-gran-turismo-5-done-yetNow im not too excited about this, im not really a racing fan, but I know alot of people are anticipating this. What do you think about this? What are the chances that GT5 will be released this year?

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts
It will be released this year. They are just working on trying to make it 3-D, I think. I'm sure the actual game is done though.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Don't care. The industry has moved on and these people are polishing a three year old game. The videos they released a few weeks ago didn't look any different than Prologue. Yamauchi even said the "look and feel" would be the same as Prologue. The fanboys better get their excuses ready for when this thing comes out LOL.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Don't care either. I found those demos betas and trials to be so boring that I've completely lost interest in that franchise.
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
I tmust come out this year as it would be beyond riddiculous if it didnt. I really cant wait for GT5, Im pretty sure it will be awesome but these delays are horrible. On the other hand, I can easily wait for a complete, polished game which GT5 definitely will be. It has a new engine whch requires some time and as we all know, taming the Cell needs a lot more work, time and money than other consoles. Plus they have promised so many things in GT5 and implementing them all also needs some time. Honestly I cant wait to see what they have been developing this loooooong time. I hope it will be worth it .
Avatar image for bobbleheadrogue
bobbleheadrogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 bobbleheadrogue
Member since 2009 • 2203 Posts

http://kotaku.com/5530400/is-gran-turismo-5-done-yetNow im not too excited about this, im not really a racing fan, but I know alot of people are anticipating this. What do you think about this? What are the chances that GT5 will be released this year?

bigboss1203
Sony will make sure it happens, don't worry ;)
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I'm hoping that it doesn't come out before I've finished Wipeout HD.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#8 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Doesn't look good for what I've seen, but I expect it wil come out this year

budboarder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#9 budboarder
Member since 2005 • 2304 Posts
I gave up waiting for this one 2 years ago. Its turning into a Unicorn.
kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts
Years have past and I still want the game, but if they don't release it this year I'll probably lose interest...
ElGreco88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 ElGreco88
Member since 2009 • 766 Posts

I'm not even interested in the game. But if that's true, this sucks for all the fans out there. I know there are many people anticipating this game for years.

Avatar image for nicolasprieur95
nicolasprieur95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nicolasprieur95
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts

Don't care. The industry has moved on and these people are polishing a three year old game. The videos they released a few weeks ago didn't look any different than Prologue. Yamauchi even said the "look and feel" would be the same as Prologue. The fanboys better get their excuses ready for when this thing comes out LOL.

Jackc8
yes indeed, that's exactly what i think, what the heck are they thinking, this game is very boring, OH YEA I CAN GET ANY CAR I WANT! i can even change the color "amazing", but really no one cares about this game anymore, id rather play dirt 2.
Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
This is playstations biggest selling franchise, it has halo like sales, so you can bag on the game all you want, wont stop it selling a huge amount of copies.
MFbronz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MFbronz
Member since 2007 • 403 Posts

im sure it will come out this year. those guys at polophony are very meticilous with the way they do things. this game will be awesome and everyone will jump back on their jocks...anyone who thinks the actual game will be like prolouge or that 3 year old demo from a few months agois a damn fool.

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 gizmo_dave100
Member since 2005 • 409 Posts
[QUOTE="Jackc8"]

nicolasprieur95
yes indeed, that's exactly what i think, what the heck are they thinking, this game is very boring, OH YEA I CAN GET ANY CAR I WANT! i can even change the color "amazing", but really no one cares about this game anymore, id rather play dirt 2.

i also feel the same, gt used to push the boundary's of racing games. now it feels stale.
OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts

There's better racing games about now. GRID was one that took GT's place on the pedestal. Split/Second and Blur also look like they'll be better than GT5.

Disturbed123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Disturbed123
Member since 2005 • 1665 Posts

If a game is doesnt have an official release date, its not finished. Comman sense :)

ahnzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ahnzz
Member since 2006 • 612 Posts

all i have to say is... that this game has to live up to its name.. if it doesnt come out this year... theres no point in buying the game at 60 bucks

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

The only thing I'll remember about Gran Turismo 5 is that it took so long to come out :| even if the game is fantastic, that'll still be the one thing I remember the most. If you're making a game, that's probably not the first thing that you want your customers to think of when they hear the game's name...

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Of course... that's why it isn't out :P.
Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

This is getting ridiculous, I bought a G25 for this game two years ago, and now even the G27 is out. And this game doesn't even have a release date. Listen to me Sony I want this dam game NOW!! 5 years is far to LLOOONNNGGG!!!!

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I'm buyin' it. Day One. Until it comes out, I've got a lot to get done in "Need for Speed SHIFT", which is an excellent surrogate if anyone's looking for one... but the King shall rise again and I don't care how many of you poopoo or dismiss the game as boring or passe. I loved the PSP version and I still play it constantly, so it's going to be interesting to see the connectivity there.

I'm always going to be a fan. I'll wait until it's done. That's when I want it. I've learned that patience with Polyphony pays off, at least for a car nut like me.

Peace.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
i gave up hope a long time ago. now GT5 is just a myth
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
GT5 better be deeper than all of the previous GT's games combined... if not then, seriously, WTF is Poly doing?
MURDA_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MURDA_B
Member since 2008 • 2879 Posts

I got faith in sony...that gt5 will be released this year im hopeing

benbond332

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 benbond332
Member since 2003 • 68 Posts

Well, put it this way, if it WERE finished, what the hell are they doing not releasing it? :P

It's obviously not finished, no company intentionally does not release a product just to piss everyone off lol, they like the money just as much as everyone else does.

Avatar image for nicolasprieur95
nicolasprieur95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 nicolasprieur95
Member since 2010 • 30 Posts
[QUOTE="nicolasprieur95"][QUOTE="Jackc8"]

gizmo_dave100

i also feel the same, gt used to push the boundary's of racing games. now it feels stale.

Most people feel the same way....
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I'm not nearly as excited for it as I used to be. Might just rent it.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

it certainly isn't good news... but hopefully when it's released it'll live up to the massive expectations.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#30 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

I just hope they do some big time upgrades on the AI.

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gizmo_dave100

Well, put it this way, if it WERE finished, what the hell are they doing not releasing it? :P

It's obviously not finished, no company intentionally does not release a product just to piss everyone off lol, they like the money just as much as everyone else does.

benbond332
unless its to coincide with christmas, sometimes companys will wait a month or two for that.
coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#32 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
It'll be finished this year and if not this year then definitely next. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait. It should be because we've waited YEARS for this thing to be released.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
Years have past and I still want the game, but if they don't release it this year I'll probably lose interest...kweeni
This will be released with the 3D tvs, im sure of it. I mean, this will be one of the best looking ps3 games around then + 3D + 3D Tv =AMAZING VISUALS!!! Just very expensive visuals.
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Better take time on doing it well... rather than beat a date, but wasn't fully developed as they like toandwill not be ableto meet people's expectations...

Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
Im tired of hearing about this game and its status as well as the "release" dates I stopped caring mid 09.
Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

I'm not nearly as excited for it as I used to be. Might just rent it.guynamedbilly

But the actual game is gonna be huuuuuuuuuuuuuge man. I don't think you're gonna get much out of it with just a rent. I mean, this aint a 5 hour game that can be 'finished' in an afternoon.

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="gizmo_dave100"][QUOTE="nicolasprieur95"] yes indeed, that's exactly what i think, what the heck are they thinking, this game is very boring, OH YEA I CAN GET ANY CAR I WANT! i can even change the color "amazing", but really no one cares about this game anymore, id rather play dirt 2.nicolasprieur95

Most people feel the same way....

Yeh but how much do you wanna bet those same people will be there day 1 of release picking it up?

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

It think it will be a Fall 2010 release, but I wouldn't be shocked if it slipped into Q1 of 2011.

I am someone who is perfectly fine with game delays, so long as the extra time goes to really improving the game. In GT5's case, however, I cannot imagine why the game has needed years of delays. I really don't.

Polyphony has needed more time, and Sony has been good enough to them to grant it to them, but they have, no doubt, hurt the game's image because most do not believe that the game can live up to the expectations, and rightfully so.

I mean, with all of these delays, what can be the cause? Is GT5 going to advance the genre like some other racing sims have in terms of features? I doubt it. It's probably going to be "another" GT game; customize the performance a bit, race, and be done. That's great, and it's the heart of a racing game, but I want more, and I haven't heard that GT5 will offer it.

"More", as an example, meaning extreme visual car customization. This is a feature that every racing game needs, IMO. The ability to really personalize your car is very important, at least to me. A deep paint, decal and parts editor needs to be implemented. Also, improvements to the online need to be made in order to compete. And just, well, more.

I'm sure GT5 will please most GT/sim fans, but I personally need more. I hope GT5 can deliver, but I don't think it will add enough to make it the king anymore. In terms of being a sim, I'm sure it will be king, but feature for feature, I just don't think it will measure up to other great games that have long since been released.

xWoW_Rougex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xWoW_Rougex
Member since 2009 • 2793 Posts

This game will not score higher than 7.9, for sure.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

The only thing I'll remember about Gran Turismo 5 is that it took so long to come out :| even if the game is fantastic, that'll still be the one thing I remember the most. If you're making a game, that's probably not the first thing that you want your customers to think of when they hear the game's name...

Ospov

Gran Turismo 5: The Real Waiting Simulator

gizmo_dave100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gizmo_dave100
i can promise you i wont be one of them
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
Doesn't matter to me. Hopefully by the time I'm done with Forza 3, Gran Turismo 5 will be available soon after.
jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Can't say I really care, I haven't played a GT game since GT2 and I pretty much doubt I will be spending $60 on another cookie cutter.

ManUtd4life096

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ManUtd4life096
Member since 2009 • 378 Posts

LOL At all the people going "I don't care it sucks."

Apparently they don't realize that this is Sony's best selling game. Yes, more than God of War III. It had the highest sales on the PS1. It's a system seller. It's going to be huge.

So if you don't care, then don't post. Some of you obviously don't realize that this isn't just a stupid, average series.

tigertechie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 tigertechie
Member since 2009 • 1951 Posts
I don't really mind. It doesn't have a real story and unanswered questions.
Mr_Manikin52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mr_Manikin52
Member since 2004 • 12300 Posts

....Rally drivers like me are waiting. GIVE us Pikes Peak!

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#47 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

LOL At all the people going "I don't care it sucks."

Apparently they don't realize that this is Sony's best selling game. Yes, more than God of War III. It had the highest sales on the PS1. It's a system seller. It's going to be huge.

So if you don't care, then don't post. Some of you obviously don't realize that this isn't just a stupid, average series.

ManUtd4life096

The PS1 games of Gran Turismo were better but Gran Turismo wasn't exactly the best selling on the PS2 though was it as San Andreas was the best selling game on that console. Anyway I'd rather play Race Driver GRID Codemasters can come out with a game much quicker and it still turns out to be great.

ktrotter11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ktrotter11
Member since 2006 • 1140 Posts
If it was up to PD it wouldnt be done until every car ever built was in the game and every tracked ever raced had 4 configurations on their game
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Scianix-Black

Pretty much. It kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem: Forever :?

Marmotas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Marmotas
Member since 2004 • 2944 Posts

[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

[QUOTE="Ospov"]

Ospov

Pretty much. It kinda reminds me of Duke Nukem: Forever :?

Gran Turismo 5 will come with a cd-key for the multiplayer BETA of Duke Nukem: Forever... redeemable in the year 3000th