Anyone excited for Oblivion?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 ihatebugers
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts
I for one haven't had the glorious opprotunity to play it, and am anxiously awaiting it's PS3 release. Anyone else?
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 GameCrazed85
Member since 2006 • 1013 Posts
Yes simply because This is the only game I am trusting to be better on ps3 than 360. Rainbow six: vegas and the like, I felt no need to wait on so i've been there, done that. Oblivion will be a new experience for me. It better not let me down.
cheezy909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 cheezy909
Member since 2006 • 1103 Posts

I am. I have never owned a RPG and intend to buy OBLIVION to try the genre out. IGN also stated that it runs better on the PS3 than the 360, so im looking forward to seeing what the PS3 can offer.

Needles-Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Needles-Kane
Member since 2004 • 2040 Posts
One of the best games ever, eff yes!  I hope the frame rate is awesome and the visuals match up to the 360.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#5 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
Why are you guys so concerned about the game being better than the 360 version? Just enjoy the game because it's good...Jeez.
dark_knight72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 dark_knight72
Member since 2003 • 390 Posts
Can't hardly wait till it comes out!:)
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GameCrazed85

Why are you guys so concerned about the game being better than the 360 version? Just enjoy the game because it's good...Jeez.spazzx625

If it's not better than the 360 version than what is the point of waiting to buy it. I could have bought it on 360 months ago and been done with it just as I am done with rainbow six: vegas before sony gets the game out because of their delays. I don't want to wait extra weeks or months to get the same exact eperience. What is the point of that? Thats just my opinion though.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 onemic
Member since 2003 • 5616 Posts
Why are you guys so concerned about the game being better than the 360 version? Just enjoy the game because it's good...Jeez.spazzx625
The general reason being that the trolls won't flood the PS3 boards like they already do everyday and start saying that oblivion sucks for the PS3. I really can't imagine the amount of trolls that will come out if GS doesn't state that the game is as good as the 360 version. I already have oblivion so I could care less about this version. I just want it to be as good or better than the 360 version to keep the trolls at bay.

Oh and oblivion is grossly overrated.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
id have to agree but at the same time...people like gamecrazed that havent owned the game yet are able to get it for another system it could be an important factor on their decision to either wait or pick it up right now
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
Not at all since I have it for PC since like a week after it came out. Well I guess Im more excited for the review lol.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ihatebugers

If it's not better than the 360 version than what is the point of waiting to buy it. I could have bought it on 360 months ago and been done with it just as I am done with rainbow six: vegas before sony gets the game out because of their delays. I don't want to wait extra weeks or months to get the same exact eperience. What is the point of that? Thats just my opinion though.

GameCrazed85

Erm, I believe there are plenty of PS3 owners/future owners who haven't played it at all...

GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GameCrazed85

[QUOTE="spazzx625"]Why are you guys so concerned about the game being better than the 360 version? Just enjoy the game because it's good...Jeez.Miguel16
id have to agree but at the same time...people like gamecrazed that havent owned the game yet are able to get it for another system it could be an important factor on their decision to either wait or pick it up right now

Well thank you sir for understanding where i'm coming from. Not all of us just want it to be better because we are fanboys. Some of us just want a reason to wait for a better product. Why do you care if your 2007 car model is better than last years model by the same company? Because if it isn't, it's not worth the wait or extra price tag. Assuming oblivion on 360 drops it's price soon.

GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GameCrazed85
[QUOTE="GameCrazed85"]

ihatebugers

Erm, I believe there are plenty of PS3 owners/future owners who haven't played it at all...

I was talking about ME PERSONALLY and others who own both a ps3 and 360 and COULD have bought the game months ago but didn't because they want the ps3 version to be a better product.Thank You.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 spazzx625
I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

THE MOST INTELLIGENT THING I HAVE READ ON THIS SITE ALL DAY  ...............THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Miguel16
I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.spazzx625
thats true and i really didnt notice this last gen...iiunno maybe its because i wasnt really a forum poster until e3 2006
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
yes, but the rumors and such about the game havein less content worries me, as i havent heard anythin official either way on the matter, but other then that im still excited and expect to be buyin it
onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 onemic
I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.spazzx625
But you do know that the cause of this is mainly from the ton of trolls that come into this board everyday? If they were gone people wouldn't be talking about those stuff.
liquid789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 liquid789
Member since 2004 • 87 Posts
yeah cause its the first rpg on the ps3. And since I dont own a 360 or a PC its a must buy, considering it was rpg of last year in eyes of many people.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 spazzx625
For some reason this board is the worst about it. It's like System Wars Jr. Thank you guys for understanding...I just wish everyone here was as level-headed.
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spazzx625
[QUOTE="spazzx625"]I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.onemic
But you do know that the cause of this is mainly from the ton of trolls that come into this board everyday? If they were gone people wouldn't be talking about those stuff.

My new current goal is to help clean up this forum. As long as everyone does their part, and reports the trolls and ignores them, it will be good.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Miguel16
[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.spazzx625

My new current goal is to help clean up this forum. As long as everyone does their part, and reports the trolls and ignores them, it will be good.

sounds good to me...hopefully we see some positive results
GameCrazed85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GameCrazed85

[QUOTE="onemic"][QUOTE="spazzx625"]I realize there are some people that bring it up for that reason...But honestly, if every post in this board saying anything comparing it against the 360 in some way was deleted, this board would be next to empty. Most of the posters here need to get a grip and ENJOY their system instead of trying to bring down another one.spazzx625

I agree that the trolls on this forum are the worst. I just wish you guys could understand that not everyone who mentions the 360 or says the slightest negative thing about ps3 is a troll. Some of us do enjoy every game system and have positive and negative opinions on all of them. Cleaning up the trolls is a good thing though.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 onemic

Thank you man. you have been one of the only mods to actually state they will help clean this board up. I've talked with the mods several times about the state of the PS3 forums and most have just stated empty promises. Omni-slash was one of the only mods to actually try and help, although he has recently mysteriously disappeared.
Avatar image for gamingwarrior95
gamingwarrior95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamingwarrior95
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts
I absolutly can't wait to play Oblivion. I have it reserved for PS3 :D.
Eidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Eidog
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
Don't know man, don't think so, my horses cant live without their armor.
Maverick128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maverick128
Member since 2006 • 950 Posts
One of the best games ever, eff yes! I hope the frame rate is awesome and the visuals match up to the 360.Needles-Kane

That's what IGN is saying.

"The visual presentation of Oblivion has also been significantly enhanced. While it was a beautiful title on the 360, far off environmental details often displayed low resolution textures. This has been fixed with new shaders dedicated to rendering the foreground cleanly with sharper details, so rocky landscapes now have craggy appearances instead of smooth, non-distinct surfaces. While there is still a fair amount of pop-in that occurs (which can't be helped due to the size of the world), the draw distance is farther than the 360 version. As a result, screens from the PS3 version should approach those from high end PCs running Oblivion, which is an impressive feat. We'll have more on Oblivion soon, but for now, check out these new screens."

It's also supposed to run better.

"The PS3 version of Oblivion isn't a simple port of the game either, although players who have picked up the 360 version will be very familiar with the control scheme. For one thing, the PS3 version has been optimized to take advantage of the Cell processor and hardware that the system offers. As a result, the game runs a lot faster than the 360 build. Entering dungeons or buildings results in a load of 3-5 seconds, compared to the 7-10 seconds or longer for the 360 version of the game. Similarly, the amount of framerate drops or hitches that cropped up in the wilderness as you accessed a new area on the 360 have been substantially reduced on the PS3 version. There is a plan to completely eradicate these issues as the game nears release, as well as fixing a number of bugs that were present in the other builds. Kiss the item duplication glitch goodbye."

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762108p1.html

I might have to check it out as I'm not really digging my computer freezing every time I enter an Oblivion Gate.
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hcho3
Member since 2006 • 482 Posts

You do make a good point. But, that's just how the world is... People will compare xbox 360 to ps3 today and tomorrow. This is true on every competetions.

hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hcho3

I hate to dissappoint you, but this will never happen because someone will always screw up.

spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 spazzx625

I hate to dissappoint you, but this will never happen because someone will always screw up.

hcho3
One report is all it takes to get our attention...
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -DirtySanchez-
well i just read the ign hands on and damnit it wont have all the content from the 360 downloads :(, and they coudnt even say for certian if they were or not, they just assumed they would make their way onto the PS store at some point, well i guess ill be waitin to pick this game up then...
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="hcho3"]

spazzx625
One report is all it takes to get our attention...

hah... anyway stay on topic guys
hcho3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hcho3

Well, ok... I will stay on topic.

I am not really too excited about it, because well...

In my opinion, this game is very overrated. You guys can call me crazy, but I played this game for 15 mintues on my pc, and stopped playing after that...

Maybe this game isn't for me. I will just wait for Final Fantasy XIII. (So far away...)

In the mean time, I will look into Motostorm.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 onemic

Well, ok... I will stay on topic.

I am not really too excited about it, because well...

In my opinion, this game is very overrated. You guys can call me crazy, but I played this game for 15 mintues on my pc, and stopped playing after that...

Maybe this game isn't for me. I will just wait for Final Fantasy XIII. (So far away...)

In the mean time, I will look into Motostorm.

hcho3
Thank you. Most PC gamers as well as myself think exactly the same way. The game is way too shallow.
Avatar image for SportsFanatic10
SportsFanatic10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SportsFanatic10
Member since 2005 • 1453 Posts
Most definatly.  I REALLY want to play this.  My friend that has a 360 said it was very good.  He hyped me up about it now i really want it.  That ******.  Makin me spend 60$
Truth-slayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Truth-slayer
Member since 2004 • 2510 Posts
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/762/762108p1.html

well looks like a  good possiblity.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

I am very excited, i don't much care for the 360 so i don't own one, and my computer sucks, i tried played Serious Sam 1 and it had horrible lag :lol:

i'm really looking forward to it.

onemic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 onemic

I am very excited, i don't much care for the 360 so i don't own one, and my computer sucks, i tried played Serious Sam 1 and it had horrible lag :lol:

i'm really looking forward to it.

americahellyeah
What type of rig do you have? Before I updated my PC I had a 32mb integrated savage GPU and yet I was able to play serious sam with mostly smooth framerates.
protoman170776

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 protoman170776
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
No, cause i think most people who have ps3 must have an Xbox 360.
Mobfia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mobfia
Member since 2006 • 56 Posts

Its the next gen wars get on a side and start fighting or dont whatever

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
Yeah, i really can't wait. This game's been out for a long time now but i've waited for the PS3 version. I got a feeling it's gonna be better than the PC or the 360 versions.
jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#43 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts
mabe ill get it for PS3 but im soooo far on the 360 i dont even wana really start over
useLOGIC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 useLOGIC
Member since 2006 • 2802 Posts
those of you who havent played it and are starving for a real freedom-rpg, youre going to be ecstatic. the game owns.
Willini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Willini
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
ive BEEN excited since before launch...

all the games i pre ordered except resistance were delayed=(

GO TEAM VENTURE
Cellien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Cellien
Member since 2004 • 2280 Posts
I know.. seems like people are just trying to justify thier purchase :\ Anyhow.. good news, but the game should look better coming out nearly half a year later. If the 360 version came out that much later it would also run and look better.
ihatebugers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ihatebugers
Glad to see I'm not the only one. Other than the explosion of flame after the IGN hands-on not a word has been said about the PS3 version and I was getting worried.
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
ive played it on pc andf loved in, i am a little excited
thestickman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thestickman
Member since 2005 • 533 Posts
I really enjoyed the 360 version so I'm anxious to see how it turns out on the PS3 with all the graphic/framerate improvements. Depending on the status of the extra content/expansions making the crossover to the PS3, I say eff maybe...
angus1343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 angus1343
Member since 2004 • 4581 Posts
Hell yeah I'll be getting it