Anyone else not surprised by PSN maintenance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I just saw on my PS4 that PSN is down for maintenance. It kinda makes you wonder exactly how many of these just came out from under Christmas trees on to the PSN today..

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#2 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I just saw on my PS4 that PSN is down for maintenance. It kinda makes you wonder exactly how many of these just came out from under Christmas trees on to the PSN today..

i don't think it's maintenance, i think it's just overloaded

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja

Yeah, another notice just came up saying "Sony Entertainment Network is currently busy." LoL! If only for a day, I don't look at it as a bad thing. More people to play with :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5eecdca5bab06
deactivated-5eecdca5bab06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-5eecdca5bab06
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

This happened to me as well. Glad I'm not the only one, was getting a little worried.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

Even though it says that I'm still able to be on dc universe, killzone and bf4 mp without any issues and I have about 213 ppl on my list that are on call of duty and bf4....certain things might not work that includes the mp but so far mp is working for me and others

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Yeah, another notice just came up saying "Sony Entertainment Network is currently busy." LoL! If only for a day, I don't look at it as a bad thing. More people to play with :)

its more like Sony's incompetence honestly. having to shut PSN down for maintenance on Christmas day of all days. this is the day to have ur network functioning for all the new consumers. yet they still dropped the ball with it. what, they didnt know Christmas was coming or something? smh...get it together Sony.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shewgenja said:

its more like Sony's incompetence honestly. having to shut PSN down for maintenance on Christmas day of all days. this is the day to have ur network functioning for all the new consumers. yet they still dropped the ball with it. what, they didnt know Christmas was coming or something? smh...get it together Sony.

It wasn't down for maintenance. If you actually knew what you were talking about (and the OP as well) then you would know they got slammed probably from the couple million vitas, ps4s and ps3s that came online today from Christmas on top of all the currently existing systems people already owned but are all playing because its a holiday.

How do I know it isn't down for maintenance? Because they didn't announce....like they always do.

You people kill me, you read some random internet post and you fling yourself onto the bandwagon without actually having the slightest idea of what you are saying. Because in this case and the OP are wrong. But you don't care about facts, you just want an excuse to bash a company for no good reason.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Shewgenja

@Gargus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shewgenja said:

It wasn't down for maintenance. If you actually knew what you were talking about (and the OP as well) then you would know they got slammed probably from the couple million vitas, ps4s and ps3s that came online today from Christmas on top of all the currently existing systems people already owned but are all playing because its a holiday.

How do I know it isn't down for maintenance? Because they didn't announce....like they always do.

You people kill me, you read some random internet post and you fling yourself onto the bandwagon without actually having the slightest idea of what you are saying. Because in this case and the OP are wrong. But you don't care about facts, you just want an excuse to bash a company for no good reason.

I actually completely agree with your conclusion. Thuway seems to think the PS4 sold a crazy ton in December, at least. Unlike the guy spouting off about "Sony incompetence" I actually look at this is a great thing. I mean, sure it was annoying, but they'll bring up capacity and it's going to ultimately lead to a strong community as well as developer support.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Couldn't get on psn all day but its working now.

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

@Gargus said:

@tymeservesfate said:

@Shewgenja said:

lol, did you even read my whole post you defensive little child? you basically wrote exactly what i complained about as your main point to refute what i wrote smh.

@Shewgenja: funny how you and this guy are saying how Sony not being able to handle the load is a good thing. couple of corporate tools, you two. geez...smh. Sony knew Xmas was coming so them still not being able to handle it is not a good thing no matter how you try and spin, its incompetence. unless you honestly feel Sony didnt know the biggest holiday of the year(for Christians/Catholics) was coming then there is absolutely no excuse for them to not be ready? instead they screw new and old PSN customers experience up on CHRISTMAS. yet here two are damage controling the situation as if Sony deserves the help n support...Sony IS NOT a charity. people pay and expect good service not PSN gimped on a national holiday, smh.

REforever101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By REforever101
Member since 2005 • 11223 Posts

my download speed is totally ****ed on ps4, i get like 0.5mbs, even though my wifi is really drastically better. also i get weird licensing issues that stop me from playing games and it has issues auto signing in