Anyone else hate MSG4's boss battle with Liquid?

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

Okay, sorry for the title if that did spoil it for anyone. I guess I just assumed that most everyone who gets it knows that will happen. I understand what everyone is saying about it being an epic showdown. As with all of MGS4 it looks fantastic. Maybe if I would have beat it early on I would have liked it better. I think I just got frustrated. But come on, do you really not think the controls suck? It feels so unresponsive at times. While the game was definitely really good overall, the gameplay isn't the best ever. You basically play this game for the storyline. And at times that gets a little cumbersome also. As for actual gameplay, I seriously did like Dark Sector better. And the gunfights in this game aren't as good as Call of Duty 4. The controls for Dark Sector and Call of Duty 4 were both better than MGS4. I think the reviews that had this game as about an 8 were dead on. Production values were extremely high, it looked incredible, but a few minor gameplay issues keep it from being a true 10/10.

dante82

Completely disagree,the controls were very responsive to me.It felt really engaging and satisfying to shoot enemies.The new camera system and over the shoulder aiming was a great improvement.The game play is what I would describe as organic.Dark Sector had an annoying camera and slow movement.The glaive was nothing but a gimmick and the controls felt stiff.There was nothing more full filling than hearing an enemy scream when you got that headshot.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Wow, this thread fails. Your thread title is a spoiler...seriously.. you just spoiled it for a lot of people who hasnt played MGS4...Elann2008

Even tho its kind of obvious

excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
Um, I didn't realize you could actually die during the Liquid fight. :/
dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Hate it? This was probably the greatest boss battle ever.When "Snake Eater" started playing on the third lifebar,I almost pooped myself from excitement.Kojima did a great job with the directing,I loved the slowmotion and close ups on the heavy punches that were thrown.Marked_Man

Same thing! The snake eater song just gave me goosebumps, and it was one of the best boss battles, the music!
MorkkiTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 6

#55 MorkkiTH
Member since 2005 • 828 Posts
Best boss fight ever! I have passed this boss every time in my 1st try :)
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#56 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
I liked the fight, but it took me ages to figure out how to clear stage 2 on Big Boss Hard. Getting hit twice pretty much pwns you for round 3... It was, however, epic.
Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts

lol its easy man u just gotta learn all the controls nicely n liquids screwed hell i did it after i broke my wrist wrist was GLORIOUS survived 2 c the ending yet again..... greatest ending if anything i dont like with fnal battle is its only sequence that really changes up gameplay xcept rex of course... but reg gameplay is best on earth loved fighting liquid masterfuly epic battle

TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts

def. one of the best... and you can feel the intensity mixed with the awesome theme songs of all the games!!

only thing woulda been nice if they made it more fluid and you can run around.. but then I guess it would away from the 1v1 head to head action.

the_greenzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 the_greenzero
Member since 2005 • 5006 Posts

I played the final boss battle several times this evening and could not get past it. I really hate the third stage where Liquid grabs you. I'm sure through trial and error I'll finally pass it, but I do not find it enjoyable at all. The response time seems incredibly slow. Also you'll dodge one of Liquid's punches and do a counter and it does a stupid little cutscene where they both punch each other, even though Liquid was off balance and could have never recovered to punch you. It kind of makes me not want to even play through to the end. Overall, this game was not as fun as Dark Sector, Call of Duty 4, or Resistance.dante82

Okay maybe you should just play a little bit better and you'd get past it, it almost sounds like you're saying those games are better just because of one boss battle. Lol, don't even mention COD4 because there's so much crap that's annoying with that game.

nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts
tht is properly the most emotional and dramatic boss fites i've ever played...and it's not tht hard tbh once u learn his moves...just attack after he's tried to attack u basically or block the attack unless its tht big wind up punch...move outta the way then smack him
the_greenzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 the_greenzero

tht is properly the most emotional and dramatic boss fites i've ever played...and it's not tht hard tbh once u learn his moves...just attack after he's tried to attack u basically or block the attack unless its tht big wind up punch...move outta the way then smack himnellyg619

It's just that simple man, before you make posts please try to understand what you're talking about a little bit more.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Teh most epic boss figt ever. No joke. Pounding liquids face in, Both injecting each other. Pure awesomeness
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts
[QUOTE="hillelslovak"]

[QUOTE="dante82"]I played the final boss battle several times this evening and could not get past it. I really hate the third stage where Liquid grabs you. I'm sure through trial and error I'll finally pass it, but I do not find it enjoyable at all. The response time seems incredibly slow. Also you'll dodge one of Liquid's punches and do a counter and it does a stupid little cutscene where they both punch each other, even though Liquid was off balance and could have never recovered to punch you. It kind of makes me not want to even play through to the end. Overall, this game was not as fun as Dark Sector, Call of Duty 4, or Resistance.Marked_Man

WHAT?!?!?!? Ok, obviously you'll never realize how awesome MGS4, and that boss battle in particular, really are. The game is all about storytelling, emotion, and great gameplay. How can you judge a game when you havent even completed it??

I know everyone has their opinion,but when he said Dark Sector ...I laughed to myself.Snake would give Hayden a smile on his throat.

LOL! yeah mate.. agreed x)

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 SollidSnake_
and yes, awesome boss fight..
the_greenzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 the_greenzero
Well since this thread is one huge spoiler I'll say that the syringe part was pretty cool.
deuce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 deuce85
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts
[QUOTE="dante82"]

Okay, sorry for the title if that did spoil it for anyone. I guess I just assumed that most everyone who gets it knows that will happen. I understand what everyone is saying about it being an epic showdown. As with all of MGS4 it looks fantastic. Maybe if I would have beat it early on I would have liked it better. I think I just got frustrated. But come on, do you really not think the controls suck? It feels so unresponsive at times. While the game was definitely really good overall, the gameplay isn't the best ever. You basically play this game for the storyline. And at times that gets a little cumbersome also. As for actual gameplay, I seriously did like Dark Sector better. And the gunfights in this game aren't as good as Call of Duty 4. The controls for Dark Sector and Call of Duty 4 were both better than MGS4. I think the reviews that had this game as about an 8 were dead on. Production values were extremely high, it looked incredible, but a few minor gameplay issues keep it from being a true 10/10.

longhorn7

this post is exactly why new game franchises are cookie cutter crap. the new generation of gamers love playing the same thing over and over and over again aparrently. no room for creativity or innovation anymore. it is really sad to me

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I nearly cried at how epic the final boss fight was. When Snake and Liquid inject each other with the syringes and the health bars go up.....PHENOMENAL!

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts

The fight was awesome...and quite easy, I don't know how you can lose that fight. I think all I did was spam that punch button.

YPenguinY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 YPenguinY
Member since 2006 • 100 Posts
I loved the fight but I understand your frustration. I died 4 or 5 times at the third part. It is tricky. The way I did it was I rushed him over and over again (dashed towards him) and landed a few punches when I got in close, dashed again, punched, repeat. Epic game, epic series. Beautiful.
azad_champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 azad_champ
Member since 2005 • 3482 Posts

Loved that part. Fricking epic!

dante82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 dante82
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

Obviously not everyone read all my posts. I did beat him fairly easily after those first few tries. And I decided it really wasn't as bad as I thought. And when I said I felt the controls were a little unresponsive, I meant just in the battle with Liquid, not the entire game. It does look cool and it does make for a pretty fitting end. The only other thing about the controls I didn't like was the whole triangle button near a wall because you always had to hit triangle again to come off the wall. Would have been nice if just hitting L1 would have let you release from the wall as well. But that's a very minor complaint. I definitely enjoyed the game overall.

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
Kinda weird.... The part that gave me the most trouble, was the second part. I kept getting hit by those falcon punches. It took me 4 tires to get past that part, on my 5th try I beat him completely, the 3rd part was the easiest part for me.
SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 SollidSnake_

Obviously not everyone read all my posts. I did beat him fairly easily after those first few tries. And I decided it really wasn't as bad as I thought. And when I said I felt the controls were a little unresponsive, I meant just in the battle with Liquid, not the entire game. It does look cool and it does make for a pretty fitting end. The only other thing about the controls I didn't like was the whole triangle button near a wall because you always had to hit triangle again to come off the wall. Would have been nice if just hitting L1 would have let you release from the wall as well. But that's a very minor complaint. I definitely enjoyed the game overall.

dante82

so you wouldnt be able to shoot while against a wall? =S doesnt make sense.

nellyg619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 nellyg619
Member since 2004 • 6832 Posts

[QUOTE="nellyg619"]tht is properly the most emotional and dramatic boss fites i've ever played...and it's not tht hard tbh once u learn his moves...just attack after he's tried to attack u basically or block the attack unless its tht big wind up punch...move outta the way then smack himthe_greenzero

It's just that simple man, before you make posts please try to understand what you're talking about a little bit more.

wht??

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
[QUOTE="the_greenzero"]

[QUOTE="nellyg619"]tht is properly the most emotional and dramatic boss fites i've ever played...and it's not tht hard tbh once u learn his moves...just attack after he's tried to attack u basically or block the attack unless its tht big wind up punch...move outta the way then smack himnellyg619

wht??

i think that was with TC not with you haha.

and i think it's one of the best games ever done

Haku_Ryushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#75 Haku_Ryushi
Member since 2004 • 1241 Posts

I played the final boss battle several times this evening and could not get past it. I really hate the third stage where Liquid grabs you. I'm sure through trial and error I'll finally pass it, but I do not find it enjoyable at all. The response time seems incredibly slow. Also you'll dodge one of Liquid's punches and do a counter and it does a stupid little cutscene where they both punch each other, even though Liquid was off balance and could have never recovered to punch you. It kind of makes me not want to even play through to the end. Overall, this game was not as fun as Dark Sector, Call of Duty 4, or Resistance.dante82

Your just a hater. Dark Sector and Resistance were mediocre titles. Call of Duty 4 didn't really have a story and not such a large gameplay and large choice of options compared to Metal Gear Solid 4. The comment you wrote made you sound like a complete 100% hater. Think before you post comments like that.

Otaku1093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Otaku1093
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts
Sounds to me like the topic creator is hating on a game because he sucks at it :P. That fight was pretty epic dude, you just have to take it slow, don't punch every chance you get.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#77 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts
In The Boss Extreme it turns into an amazng fight, especially against Ocelot MGS 3. I really liked how it had 4 different stages, each one representing each game and each one was different. Also, you can recover life from time to time by pressing triangle.
gabpalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 gabpalm
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts
that was the most epic fight of the all
baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

LOL at Dark Sector....

but dude that was the easiest thing to do in the game...

and I loved it. U must be new to the series cause all the games end with the same thing a battle with a metal gear and a one on one battle with the mastermind.

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 kenshinhimura16

[QUOTE="dante82"]I played the final boss battle several times this evening and could not get past it. I really hate the third stage where Liquid grabs you. I'm sure through trial and error I'll finally pass it, but I do not find it enjoyable at all. The response time seems incredibly slow. Also you'll dodge one of Liquid's punches and do a counter and it does a stupid little cutscene where they both punch each other, even though Liquid was off balance and could have never recovered to punch you. It kind of makes me not want to even play through to the end. Overall, this game was not as fun as Dark Sector, Call of Duty 4, or Resistance.Haku_Ryushi

Your just a hater. Dark Sector and Resistance were mediocre titles. Call of Duty 4 didn't really have a story and not such a large gameplay and large choice of options compared to Metal Gear Solid 4. The comment you wrote made you sound like a complete 100% hater. Think before you post comments like that.

Hey, Resistance was an amazing title, the coop was extremely entertaining. CoD 4 was also a good shooter with some cool interactive escenes as the bomb and the ending.

baller72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 baller72
Member since 2007 • 1847 Posts

dont you people find it funny that every time people say they dislike something about MGS4 they compare it to a FPS or just shooter in general...

I think forall those FPS fanatics out there they should just stick with there COD4 and halo's cause MGS4 is not a particular genre of game

It is truly just an experiance...

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, I didn't think it was bad at all. It was very epic and it was the "be all, end all", the final MGS fight. I also loved the "stages" of Ocelot during the fight.

I mean come on, after all that has gone on in the entire Metal Gear Solid story. Do you really expect them not to make even the strong and final punches epic? Or even when they hit eachother at the same time. Quite frankly, I found myself cheering the first time I played it. I guess you could only truely understand that fight and what it was all about, if you've played the previous Metal Gear games and knew the entire story.

Also. LOL @ People who think MGS4 is an FPS. That deserves an official "slap a DUH! on your forehead"

MONTANNA632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 MONTANNA632
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
montanna says it was epic.dont diss the fight says montanna
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

It was epic.theycallmeryan

my sentiment exactly

Luis018

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Luis018
Member since 2007 • 446 Posts

I loved it! It was epic! :)

--

Nik_Hasri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Nik_Hasri
Member since 2006 • 224 Posts
i too find the final battle to be EPIC
Dragons-Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Dragons-Soul
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts
Hate it? This was probably the greatest boss battle ever.When "Snake Eater" started playing on the third lifebar,I almost pooped myself from excitement.Kojima did a great job with the directing,I loved the slowmotion and close ups on the heavy punches that were thrown.Marked_Man
I agree.. Fighting Liquid with Snake Eater playing was pure EPICNESS!!!
MONTANNA632

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 MONTANNA632
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts

montanna agrees with your post,such a throwback to mgs1.

montanna wishes more game were as epic

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
Its one of the best boss fights ever.
Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
It was so nostalgic. I loved it!!!! I finished on the first try, what was so difficult?
TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#91 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

i thought the final boss isnt that hard i think hes one of the easier bosses in the game to me

also MGS4 is one of the best games ever and the best game on the PS3

NuKkU

your opinion..........i didn't like ANY of the previous metal gears (haven't played MGS4) i found them too unresponsive and clunky.

white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts
yea after the last beauty, the game was set up for u to win and finish, but the intensity (button mashing to get passed the microwaves) was great. Nothing prepared me for the fina cut scene. Fans of the series appreciate taking it back to the final fight in mgs 1.
loggerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 loggerz
Member since 2007 • 577 Posts
Wow ladies and gentleman we have found the 1% of people on earth who hate the final boss fight for MGS4 O_o
belrock86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 belrock86
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts
The battle between Liquid was epic and made it feel like all the fans dedication to the series has paid off MGS4 to me is one the top 5 games of all time it is a game that will be looked at as a true piece of art Hideo Kojima knows what makes a good game
Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

I agree with this reply 100 %

btaylor2404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#96 btaylor2404
Member since 2003 • 11353 Posts
It was fairly easy, look at one of the FAQ if you need to. I thought it was a fitting end to an amazing game.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts
nope
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

i thought the final boss isnt that hard i think hes one of the easier bosses in the game to me

NuKkU

Not in "The Boss Extreme" it ain't. But it's one of the most EPIC scenes ever! The whole game is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 kenshinhimura16
[QUOTE="NuKkU"]

AgentH

Not in "The Boss Extreme" it ain't. But it's one of the most EPIC scenes ever! The whole game is a masterpiece in every sense of the word.

The best fight is in The Boss Extreme, it requires a better understanding of your moves, and more focus on the fight, especially against Liquid Ocelot and Ocelot. (2nd and 3rd stages). It just felt great, after the batch of sequences as the Microwave scene (you are inmortal there by the way, as long as you keep pressing triangle).

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
[QUOTE="NuKkU"]

TheAcejoel99

your opinion..........i didn't like ANY of the previous metal gears (haven't played MGS4) i found them too unresponsive and clunky.

yea some of the previous metal gears had some weird controls it took awhile to get used to them but this one its like natural the controls are so easy