Any point in keeping my PS3 ? Or should I trade it in.

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

I am soon to buy a Vita and I was wondering if i should trade in my PS3 for a few Vita games, I only really play my PS3 for PS1 these days and the Vita will cover that, and any major third party games I just use my Gaming PC . Do you think I should trade in my PS3 while its worth something ? Sad to see something thats provided me with endless hours of entertainment gone, but part of me is over it since I dont touch it much anymore.

Edit: Mine is a 60GB model with BC, looking online at some stores it seems places like EB games doesn't trade this model anymore, hopefully others do =s

backtowar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 backtowar
Member since 2011 • 289 Posts

buy sonic ultimate genesis collection, that game saved mine to be trade

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Blake135

buy sonic ultimate genesis collection, that game saved mine to be trade

backtowar

To be honest im not a huge Sonic fan, I used to play Sonic alot but that was a looong time ago.

SplitExpletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SplitExpletive
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Keep it. The PS3 is still improving - new features and services and some good exclusives still in the works. Because of the recent price drops you won't get much $$ for the trade-in. If you want to use it more then look at exclusive games, hire movies using PSN, Netflix etc, if you don't have a media centre unit then throw TVersity or PS3MediaServer onyour PC to play your downloaded content in the lounge.

Avatar image for gracideadude012
gracideadude012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gracideadude012
Member since 2009 • 921 Posts

Trade some games if you want to get some Vita ones. I think that by the model you have, you could barely get enough for 1 or 2 games, so it's not worth it.

Besides there are many top quality games to try like: Uncharted series, Final Fantasy XIII series, Ratchet and Clank series as well, just to name a very few of the endless fun you could have with these type of games; you won't find this kind of exclusives with Microsoft or Nintendo. You should probably have both Sony gaming systems so you won't miss on any gaming fun.=)

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Blake135

Since I have the 60GB model I have had it for a long time, I have played probably most exclusive games on the PS3 besides the new Twisted Metal so not many more games for me to try, might go to a shop or two and ask what they would give me.

FriendlyFalcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FriendlyFalcon
Member since 2011 • 191 Posts

if you can't enjoy any of the games out now than i see no point in convincing you. trade it if you want.

ReviewerDrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReviewerDrake
Member since 2011 • 805 Posts

Sly 4,Twisted Metal,The Last Of Us & Possibly God Of War 4 I think you need to keep your PS3 a little longer and I'm sure I missed a couple exclusives.

SplitExpletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SplitExpletive
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Since I have the 60GB model I have had it for a long time, I have played probably most exclusive games on the PS3 besides the new Twisted Metal so not many more games for me to try, might go to a shop or two and ask what they would give me.

Blake135

What about these upcoming exclusives:

Starhawk
The Last of Us
The Last Guardian
Dust 514
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Journey
Agent

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts

I am soon to buy a Vita and I was wondering if i should trade in my PS3 for a few Vita games, I only really play my PS3 for PS1 these days and the Vita will cover that, and any major third party games I just use my Gaming PC . Do you think I should trade in my PS3 while its worth something ? Sad to see something thats provided me with endless hours of entertainment gone, but part of me is over it since I dont touch it much anymore.

Edit: Mine is a 60GB model with BC, looking online at some stores it seems places like EB games doesn't trade this model anymore, hopefully others do =s

Blake135
not to be rude but i dont know why youd be asking us this, only you can figure this out. only suggestion i can give is if you dont use it then sell it and use that mony for something you'll get some use out of. of course if they release a great exclussive you really want to play it will cost you more to rebuy a ps3 than what you sold it for.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

PSVITA is balls. Keep your PS3. Infact, dont even buy the VITA. I hear alot of downgrades which keeps me away from VITA.

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lotusclown
Member since 2008 • 229 Posts

this is the craziest post i've ever read.. the vita is a hand held device! why would any dumb @ss prefer a hand held device over an actual gaming console??? stupidity these days... never ceases to amaze. :roll:

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

this is the craziest post i've ever read.. the vita is a hand held device! why would any dumb @ss prefer a hand held device over an actual gaming console??? stupidity these days... never ceases to amaze. :roll:

lotusclown

i totally agree with you're comments i would never trade in my cosole for a handheld.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Blake135

lotusclown
Thanks for the kind words, as I explained I have a Gaming PC and have played most if not all PS3 Exclusives, so there is not much reason for me to have it anymore, Vita has alot more games that I would love to enjoy. Old PsP games/PS1 Games/Vita exclusive, I was just asking a simple question, and wanted to hear some peoples opinion before I made a final choice, but really mate stupidity ? Thanks for the constructive and well thought out reply...
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

lotusclown

lol couldn't have summed it up better myself.. exactely what i was thinking.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

[QUOTE="lotusclown"]

Blake135

Thanks for the kind words, as I explained I have a Gaming PC and have played most if not all PS3 Exclusives, so there is not much reason for me to have it anymore, Vita has alot more games that I would love to enjoy. Old PsP games/PS1 Games/Vita exclusive, I was just asking a simple question, and wanted to hear some peoples opinion before I made a final choice, but really mate stupidity ? Thanks for the constructive and well thought out reply...

If you already made up your mind, then why ask. I doubt you have played all the exclusives on the console, but you seem firm in your decision.

Demonfail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Demonfail
Member since 2012 • 233 Posts
Maybe the OP doesn't have much time for sitting at home and playing anymore and needs something that is more suitable to his/her lifestyle.
ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

that would be like if back in the 80's u had one of those tiger electronic wrist watch games and u thought, hmm... guess i don't need my nes no more... lmfao

Avatar image for TomatoDragonPSN
TomatoDragonPSN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TomatoDragonPSN
Member since 2012 • 535 Posts
You really wanna miss The Last of Us? ;) It's totally in your hands. I would say hold onto it. There are still some great looking games coming out for it.
LeifLongbottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 LeifLongbottom
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Keep it. The PS3 is still improving - new features and services and some good exclusives still in the works.

SplitExpletive

Yea LOL because they've done such a good job at adding new features and services already right?

They have a couple of good exclusives but the ps3 is just a really good piece of hardware that doesn't get any sort of decent firmware support from Sony or any decent support from third parties.

I say trade it OP...but I wouldn't exactly recommend a Vita either, it's sure to get the same horrible support the ps3 got.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

The best advice I can give you is to give it more time. PS3 just like previous generations will always have exclusives to enjoy, especially as the console life span continues. I'm sure you got PS3 originally for the reasons that there were games you were interested in. Not all games are going to be available on PC, I'm pretty big fan of RPGs both jrpg and wrpgs, action - adventure and you usually don't get them all on one gaming device.

I also have Wii, DS and decent PC but I primary play on PS3. Save the money for Vita and its games, the won't go anywhere. That's what I'm doing. Keep the PS3, there are games coming out that you won't get on other platforms. Ultimately its your choice mate, but as you asked for opinion, I would say keep it for now, save up for Vita. :)

Spellingiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spellingiscool
Member since 2010 • 1450 Posts
Well if you're going to trade it in to EB and get bent over and basically let them take it from you for a small fraction of what you paid, then you might as well keep it. Sell it on eBay if you're going to sell it.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts

[QUOTE="lotusclown"]

Blake135

dont listen to some of rude posts here bro, but i have to agree with one user who did say that u have to come up with the decision. u see one thing i hate is when ppl say to convince them why they should keep it? bro, there was a reason YOU bought it right? whether it was for ps1 games, or some exclusives. in the end u made that choice. so its the same situation here man, if u think ull have use for it in the future then keep it. if u honestly have no reason to keep it even with all these kick @ss titles that are out now, and more to come in the near future then go ahead sell it and use the money for something ull get out of. but if u want my opinion. well i think u should keep it. u see i did the same with the xbox360, love that system but theres only 2 or 3 games thats exclusive on it that i like, so i keep the system just in case in the near future theres more games i want to get and will interest me. so i hope this helps a lil, but u know ur getting free online on it and basically best blu ray thats out there. if those alone aint enough, then theres no one here that convince u besides urself

JadeNic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JadeNic
Member since 2007 • 905 Posts

I'm not really sure why you ask here, because I agree it is just a seemingly simple decision you will have to make for yourself. There isn't a right or wrong answer.

But if you don't play your Playstation 3 anymore, then I don't see a reason to keep it (unless you are more of a collector). Sure, there are some great exclusives, but if you don't play or plan to play any of them then they don't really affect your decision. If you think you will get more enjoyment out of a Vita (which there is nothing wrong with, by the way, just ignore the meaner comments, different strokes for different folks and all that) and your PS3 will just be collecting dust, then why not trade it in? If in the future you want to go back to the PS3, you can always buy another one when they will probably be cheaper.

BoSoxIdiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BoSoxIdiot
Member since 2012 • 183 Posts
You should just trade it in since you are not playing it that often.
layton2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 layton2012
Member since 2011 • 3489 Posts
Sly cooper
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wild_Card

lotusclown
i feel the same way about your post.wow you mean to say that the vita is a hand held device ....im shocked! why did you wait so long to clue the rest of us in on this great kept secret. maybe as he said he does most of his in home gameing a pc,does not play his ps3 much and wants a mobil gameing system aka the vita for its exclussives and o i dont know , maybe the abilty to game on the go. your post is so full of irony its funny.but you are right about 1 thing, stupidity these days never do cease to amaze lol
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wild_Card

that would be like if back in the 80's u had one of those tiger electronic wrist watch games and u thought, hmm... guess i don't need my nes no more... lmfao

ShangTsung17
yes because the vita is just like a tiger wrist watch .....geeeez
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I you really want to sell your PS3. To get some money together for PSvita games. Sure do so sell you 60GB on Craigslist/kiijji/Ebay you may be able to get quick cash for it. IF EB games don't take it.

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

If you really are going to get rid of your 60Gb PS3 make sure you get a good price for it.A 60GB with B.C. is still much sought after by Playstation fans and are getting more and more rare to obtain.

I recently bought mine in YLOD state,but got it repaired relatively cheaply and know I could easily get at least 4 times what i bought it for,on places such as ebay.

Personally I think you should hold on to your 60GB,and I hope I never get a daft urge to sell mine,like I did with my original 60GB I had from launch.

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lotusclown

[QUOTE="lotusclown"]

Wild_Card

i feel the same way about your post.wow you mean to say that the vita is a hand held device ....im shocked! why did you wait so long to clue the rest of us in on this great kept secret. maybe as he said he does most of his in home gameing a pc,does not play his ps3 much and wants a mobil gameing system aka the vita for its exclussives and o i dont know , maybe the abilty to game on the go. your post is so full of irony its funny.but you are right about 1 thing, stupidity these days never do cease to amaze lol

i totally understand your point, though u didn't have to be a douche about it... your absolutely right, if your a gamer with a hectic lifestyle or your on the road a lot its good to have a hand held to keep u occupied, but thats not at all what the op was saying if you'd bothered to read.. but even if that was the case it still seems foolish to sell a console, why not keep it so you'll have something even better to play when your 'not' busy? makes sense right? perhaps i went a bit far by calling him a blaten idiot but i'm sorry, selling a console just cause u happen to have a hand held seems like a really stupid move to me..

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

Trade in a PS3 for a few Vita games?

You realise how bad of a trade that would be right? The best home console of this generation...for a few games you might not even like, and will get old eventually (maybe even quickly). It's a terrible idea. Think of what you're giving up for what you're getting.

It'll be alot easier (and cheaper) for you to buy Vita games as you can afford them, rather than wanting to replace your PS3 one day. And you'd still have the option of playing both at your leisure. I say keep the PS3 or you'll regret it in the long run for sure.

Also:

Aren't you in the least bit interested to see what your PS3 and Vita can do together? Maybe some game(s) will come along that'll make you completely regret getting rid of the PS3. There's so many reasons not to do this.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
If you have another blu ray player then i say go for it. If not then know this. The endof dvd is becoming upon us.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

lotusclown
I think I am at the point I'd rather game on handhelds.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="lotusclown"]

ShangTsung17

having something to play on the go is one thing, wanting to sell your freakin console over it makes no sense, i own a psp.. but would i sell my ps3 just because i'm a lucky shmuck who has one? highly unlikely.. you're seriously missing the point, either that or you're just wanting an excuse to troll.. your argument doesn't even make sense, so i'll go with the second possibility... i am so sick of u keyboard tough tony's who talk all this sh!t behind your monitor knowing u would never dream of saying it to someone's face, cause we both know if u did, people like me would beat the everloving fvck out of your b!tchboy geeky pathetic @ss... now go ahead and throw your temper tantrum for all to read so u can express on a forum how much your feelings are hurt. :D

it does nopt matter what so ever what you would do. the OP said he rarly played his ps3 and wanted to sell it to fund his vita purchase. personaly im nether for or aginst it. as i said in my first post only he can fiure it out. the post you quoted was me being harsh on some one for attacking the OP.but like iv said if the OP does not play his ps3 any more and has no use for it then he might want to sell it. not every one has pleanty of spare cash layn around. as far as me being some kind of internet tough guy maybe you should be telling the guy's who were attacking the op that as well as takeing your own advice. i just love that you accuse me of being a internet tough guy then go on in the same post to threaten me like some silly child playing at being a big boy. Also you go on to invite me to throw some kind of temper tantrum after haveing done so your self. your every thing you claim me to be. And no lol you are from capable of hurting my feelings child. iv heard big mouths like you all my life it it does not phase me in the least.So go ahead and keep screaming your silly insults and threats at your computer screen and being the wolds biggest hypocrite I'll keep LOLing.;)
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wild_Card

lotusclown

i totally understand your point, though u didn't have to be a douche about it... your absolutely right, if your a gamer with a hectic lifestyle or your on the road a lot its good to have a hand held to keep u occupied, but thats not at all what the op was saying if you'd bothered to read.. but even if that was the case it still seems foolish to sell a console, why not keep it so you'll have something even better to play when your 'not' busy? makes sense right? perhaps i went a bit far by calling him a blaten idiot but i'm sorry, selling a console just cause u happen to have a hand held seems like a really stupid move to me..

Nore did you need to be a douche in your post to the TS. I was just giveing you a taste of your own cooking. taste bad does it not. And i agree with you in the point that i would not sell my ps3 for a vita, i was only pointing out reasons the TS might see a reason to. perhaps he does not have enough funds to get a vita so selling his ps3+games would go a long way towards that goal. And IF as he said he no longer plays the ps3 much and wants a vita MAYBE it would be a good move for HIM. But like i said in my first post if any one would bother to read it that its a choice only he can make.Sorry if i was over harsh with you but you have to admite your first post was also mighty harsh.
jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

people who sell consoles end up regretting it somehow...

lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lotusclown

wild card- yea that was a bit rude of me to post and i apologise to u and the op but i'll be damn if i'd sell an entire console just cause i own a hand held, but again thats me not the world and the internets full of opinions so for what its worth, thank u for bringing this to my attention.

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Wild_Card

wild card- yea that was a bit rude of me to post and i apologise to u and the op but i'll be damn if i'd sell an entire console just cause i own a hand held, but again thats me not the world and the internets full of opinions so for what its worth, thank u for bringing this to my attention.

lotusclown
rgr that maybe i was abit harsh as well. i give you big time props for the apology buddy. takes a big man to do that, my hats off to you. something rarly seen in these forums. And i agree with u i would not sell my ps3 for a vita or any other hand held. buts that because i have very little use for mobil games. when im not at home im to bussy, driveing,working ect to play games. now if i was the type of person who was always on the go and rarly home and spent a lot of time waiting at a bus stop,plane trip ect ect that might be a def story. every one has def needs.
lotusclown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lotusclown

[QUOTE="lotusclown"]

Wild_Card

rgr that maybe i was abit harsh as well. i give you big time props for the apology buddy. takes a big man to do that, my hats off to you. something rarly seen in these forums. And i agree with u i would not sell my ps3 for a vita or any other hand held. buts that because i have very little use for mobil games. when im not at home im to bussy, driveing,working ect to play games. now if i was the type of person who was always on the go and rarly home and spent a lot of time waiting at a bus stop,plane trip ect ect that might be a def story. every one has def needs.

its cool bro, u weren't harsh u were just telling the truth, i was acting like a moron when i posted that and i was also pretty drunk that night which certinly didn't help things... this is why i really try to stay off these forums when i've had a few beers.. lol

SapSacPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SapSacPrime
Member since 2004 • 8925 Posts

I can't understand how people can trade in their consoles... I couldn't even bring myself to sell my Wii and I haven't played it in a couple of years now (even my kids don't like it).

CreativeEly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CreativeEly
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Don't trade in your PS3, you will regret it. The PS3 will have new games coming to it to.. plus trading the ps3 for a few vita games.. not worth it. You never get good trade in value any where.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wild_Card

lotusclown

its cool bro, u weren't harsh u were just telling the truth, i was acting like a moron when i posted that and i was also pretty drunk that night which certinly didn't help things... this is why i really try to stay off these forums when i've had a few beers.. lol

i know the feeling
NightStein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 NightStein
Member since 2009 • 1084 Posts
I would never sell a console to get some games to buy, games last some hours but consoles years, and this is even worst if we're talking about handheld games... it's the same if it's a PS3, XBOX or WII... My advice is don't trade it.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#49 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
lol Vita
LeonardHatred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 LeonardHatred
Member since 2012 • 269 Posts

Blake135

Sounds like you arent doing anything specifically PS3 oriented with it whatsoever, and I just sold my old 60gb for £100 so Id say yes absolutely sell it. Or see some sense and play on it.. haha