Am I playing too much ?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts

I play like 7 hrs a day, I don't want my PS3 to explode or the lens to wear out quickly

Atmanix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Atmanix
Member since 2009 • 6927 Posts

You could try getting a job if you're worried.

ajthelegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ajthelegend
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

If you have to ask then you probably are playing too much....

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
Then find a job or go outside
cj501st

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cj501st
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
no, the PlayStation 3 is meant to be played a lot.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
You know I heard outside is pretty nice.
hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
You know I heard outside is pretty nice. K1LLR3175
I tried it once. Good graphics, but still overrated.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]You know I heard outside is pretty nice. hazelnutman

Yeah, I give it a 7.0
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts
[QUOTE="hazelnutman"][QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]You know I heard outside is pretty nice. Flame_Blade88

Yeah, I give it a 7.0

Just make sure not to play it on the hardest difficulty, you know you got only one life :(
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#10 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
No I am dead serious. If you think you are playing to much get your ass outside and do something else. It is not that hard....People amaze me at times. I love video games but damn.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
[QUOTE="hassanfadil"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"] I tried it once. Good graphics, but still overrated.

Yeah, I give it a 7.0

Just make sure not to play it on the hardest difficulty, you know you got only one life :(

Yeah, I switched to hard, cars move so much faster around you when you run in opposite lanes.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"][QUOTE="hazelnutman"] I tried it once. Good graphics, but still overrated.hassanfadil
Yeah, I give it a 7.0

what do you mean, you cant even change it in options can you? oh and how do i save btw
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

[QUOTE="hassanfadil"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"] Yeah, I give it a 7.0Flame_Blade88

Yeah, I switched to hard, cars move so much faster around you when you run in opposite lanes.

I would personally give it a 9.0, the graphics are meh like you guys said, but the social interaction is just incredible! I would put it up there with Mass Effect!

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

i love it when people tell someone to go outside and then never really say what they should do there or take any of that person's interests, his/her age, where they live, the financial structure of his/her household or anything else for that matter into account and simply state the same ole cliche... :lol: Even if i have the more accepted way of living according to society, who am i, or anyone else for that matter, to tell him how he should live his life... that kind of advice should be given when asked, otherwise it just comes across as arrogant criticism (even if it was indeed heartfelt).

anyway, i think the PS3 can handle it... it's been build in order to be used. Just keep it well-ventilated and give it and yourself a break once in a while and it should be fine.

Pancakespank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pancakespank
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts

I play like 7 hrs a day, I don't want my PS3 to explode or the lens to wear out quickly

Merc009
when i saw the headline i thought that you're worried for ur life, i mean, who plays too much have time to do other things like meeting people, get a job, girl.. but u worry for ur playstation. :|
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psn8214

[QUOTE="Merc009"]

Pancakespank

when i saw the headline i thought that you're worried for ur life, i mean, who plays too much have time to do other things like meeting people, get a job, girl.. but u worry for ur playstation. :|

Yeah me too, I was going to offer the poor guy some help, social tips, etc. but geez...

Also, TC, don't your eyes hurt after staring at the TV/monitor all day? I can't game for more than an hour and a half without my eyes just straining...

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Better than being outside too much, you could get hit by a car. or something....
hassanfadil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hassanfadil
Member since 2003 • 1051 Posts

[QUOTE="hassanfadil"][QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"] Yeah, I give it a 7.0funsohng

what do you mean, you cant even change it in options can you? oh and how do i save btw

It only shows up in the hardest dialogue options like in the first" boss" fight

oh don't try to save or you will lose the chance to get the Platinum trophy :D

irockandroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 irockandroll
Member since 2008 • 1066 Posts

yeah dude you should be more concerned about having a life than your ps3 heres an idea go out with a friend or if you dont hav a friend make a friend by going out

shhbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shhbob
Member since 2008 • 1035 Posts

grass is under-rated i would try using it to play sports :P...

lol :lol:, only jks, play sports or if u are not into sports go out with your friends

LOVERPS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LOVERPS3
Member since 2009 • 927 Posts

dont worry my friend:) iam playing 10hours!! only take 5min rest then continue and have a fun:)

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psn8214

dont worry my friend:) iam playing 10hours!! only take 5min rest then continue and have a fun:)

LOVERPS3

:|

I hope for your sake that is sarcasm...

Pancakespank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pancakespank
Member since 2009 • 196 Posts
I play alot too when i think about it.. when im not playing im reading gaming news.. xD i'm still eating.. so i'ts fine.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It depends on how much you consider is too much. I play about 10 - 15 hours a week in the summer and less than half that when school starts. I would lay off a bit, maybe get another hobby or job or something.
Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hanabie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]It depends on how much you consider is too much. I play about 10 - 15 hours a week in the summer and less than half that when school starts. I would lay off a bit, maybe get another hobby or job or something.

u should edit your sig.. i never think of doing that unless u are a hot chick. 7 hrs when school starts? still junior high school heh? if you are a college student, man you should really manage ur time buddy.. I only play 2-3 hrs a week,, just want to let you know mm maybe we go to school 6 days a week in my country.
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#26 MorbidToaster
Member since 2008 • 1434 Posts

You PS3 will be fine, and 7 hours is such a small amount anyway, at least for my circle.

Oh, all of the GET A JOB comments, I have a job, and I still clear 10 a day easily.

Hanabie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Hanabie
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

You PS3 will be fine, and 7 hours is such a small amount anyway, at least for my circle.

Oh, all of the GET A JOB comments, I have a job, and I still clear 10 a day easily.

MorbidToaster
lol.. a job and be able to play 10 hrs a day.. I hope u are making up a story. If this is real, you really need to socialize with people around you.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
[QUOTE="Hanabie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]It depends on how much you consider is too much. I play about 10 - 15 hours a week in the summer and less than half that when school starts. I would lay off a bit, maybe get another hobby or job or something.

u should edit your sig.. i never think of doing that unless u are a hot chick. 7 hrs when school starts? still junior high school heh? if you are a college student, man you should really manage ur time buddy.. I only play 2-3 hrs a week,, just want to let you know mm maybe we go to school 6 days a week in my country.

Nah I just got done with high school. I'm going into college soon. :) 7 hours... hmm... probably less than that when I was in high school now that I think about it. That was probably the max. I didn't really ever play on the weekdays and maybe got some time in on Saturday or Sunday for games. So let's say maybe 3 - 5 during school, if I was lucky. :) As for my sig, I just tired of the many random blank friend requests because I have a bunch of trophies. I just get them to get them, I don't get how it's impressive. I have the trophy card in my sig because I like to see how many I have, I could care less if others see it.
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MorbidToaster

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"]

Hanabie

lol.. a job and be able to play 10 hrs a day.. I hope u are making up a story. If this is real, you really need to socialize with people around you.

I have friends over all of the time, we play video games. I'm pretty much always online with someone if they aren't physically at my house as well. Technically speaking, I socialize with people more than most. The past year or so I've been clearing 40 hours a week at work, 10 hours of gaming a day, and usually 1-2 people that I don't live with playing games with me during that 10 hours.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MorbidToaster
[QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"][QUOTE="Hanabie"][QUOTE="Chaos_Bladez"]It depends on how much you consider is too much. I play about 10 - 15 hours a week in the summer and less than half that when school starts. I would lay off a bit, maybe get another hobby or job or something.

Nah I just got done with high school. I'm going into college soon. :) 7 hours... hmm... probably less than that when I was in high school now that I think about it. That was probably the max. I didn't really ever play on the weekdays and maybe got some time in on Saturday or Sunday for games. So let's say maybe 3 - 5 during school, if I was lucky. :) As for my sig, I just tired of the many random blank friend requests because I have a bunch of trophies. I just get them to get them, I don't get how it's impressive. I have the trophy card in my sig because I like to see how many I have, I could care less if others see it.

If you don't care, paste it in a notebook file and save it as .html with the proper tags, or add it to your active desktop on your computer. You can see how many you have, and not have that signature. Because...you could care less if others see it, right?
OriginalJonty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 OriginalJonty
Member since 2009 • 1087 Posts

During the holidays I play about 2 hours a day.

During term time that drops to about 4-5 hours a week.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
I play like 10 hours a day at least. Don't feel bad. :)
MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MorbidToaster
I play like 10 hours a day at least. Don't feel bad. :)Doolz2024
You totally don't strike me as a 10 hours a day player, but it's nice to hear someone else does.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]I play like 10 hours a day at least. Don't feel bad. :)MorbidToaster
You totally don't strike me as a 10 hours a day player, but it's nice to hear someone else does.

Well, I have 2 consoles to play on now (got a 360 about a month ago), so that's really the main reason for my increase in playing time. Before I got a 360 I only played PS3 for about 4-5 hours per day.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MorbidToaster

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="Doolz2024"]I play like 10 hours a day at least. Don't feel bad. :)Doolz2024

Well, I have 2 consoles to play on now (got a 360 about a month ago), so that's really the main reason for my increase in playing time. Before I got a 360 I only played PS3 for about 4-5 hours per day.

Ah...I never thought about it, but maybe that's why I play so much. Having a DS, PSP, Wii, 360, PS3 and a top of the line PC does somewhat warrant lots of hours of gameplay.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

i love it when people tell someone to go outside and then never really say what they should do there or take any of that person's interests, his/her age, where they live, the financial structure of his/her household or anything else for that matter into account and simply state the same ole cliche... :lol: Even if i have the more accepted way of living according to society, who am i, or anyone else for that matter, to tell him how he should live his life... that kind of advice should be given when asked, otherwise it just comes across as arrogant criticism (even if it was indeed heartfelt).

anyway, i think the PS3 can handle it... it's been build in order to be used. Just keep it well-ventilated and give it and yourself a break once in a while and it should be fine.

I feel the same way. The question isn't if he plays too much for his sake, but for the ps3's. To answer your question, I think the ps3 can handle it. It doesn't have a very high failure rate and my store keeps the ps3 on from 8am-10pm and its the 60GB from release. Runs without a problem.
chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
I remember when I first got GA IV I played for like 14 hours in one day.
-Origin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 -Origin-
Member since 2007 • 1816 Posts

In my opinion if you're okay with playing games for 7 hours a day and you enjoy it, it doesn't affect your personal life, schooling, career.. then it's all good. But then again if you're playing 7 hours a day, those other aspects of life can't really be that significant in your life at the moment. All good though, just don't let video games get in the way, and you gotta be able to let go if something else in life more important comes up (Get your priorities straight, make a list if you have to :) )

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MorbidToaster

In my opinion if you're okay with playing games for 7 hours a day and you enjoy it, it doesn't affect your personal life, schooling, career.. then it's all good. But then again if you're playing 7 hours a day, those other aspects of life can't really be that significant in your life at the moment. All good though, just don't let video games get in the way, and you gotta be able to let go if something else in life more important comes up (Get your priorities straight, make a list if you have to :) )

-Origin-

List:

1) Job to buy vidya and keep electricity on

2) Vidya

3) Other

:3

StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

It won't hurt anything don't worry about it. If anything giving your ps3 a "break" every now and again will just heat cycle it more and wear it out faster. Although like the others said you really should think about getting a job or something if your 16 or older.

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 MorbidToaster

It won't hurt anything don't worry about it. If anything giving your ps3 a "break" every now and again will just heat cycle it more and wear it out faster. Although like the others said you really should think about getting a job or something if your 16 or older.

StudySession
Again, you can EASILY have a job and still play 7+ hours a day.
ndm250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ndm250
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

yes you are playing too much.

GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
There is no such thing as "too much"... But seriously, if your eyes get tired or you start feeling woozy, STOP PLAYING.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
People telling TC to go outside or get a job really need to mind their own business. He asked a simple question on whether it would harm his PlayStation, and everyone jumps on him and assumes he has absolutely no life outside games. I work 7-3 Monday-Friday, and most of the time when I get home, I just want to relax so I spend my time gaming. I probably average anywhere from 5-7 hours a day on weekdays (except the occasional night I go out during the week), maybe 2-3 on Friday and Saturday before I go out for the night, and then I relax and get ready for the week ahead with 7-10 hours on Sunday. It's actually fairly easy to get a decent amount of hours gaming, and still manage to work a full-time job and have a social life. Just because you play a lot of games does not make you a socially awkward, jobless bum who never leaves the couch to experience the world around you. To answer you question TC, you should be fine. When I play I usually try and split up my time between my 360 and PS3 (and occasionally Wii) pretty evenly, but there's days where I wind up spending an entire day playing my 360, and then the next day PS3 so I eat up a lot of consecutive hours on both consoles and both are still running great. No worries.
StudySession

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 StudySession
Member since 2009 • 1539 Posts

[QUOTE="StudySession"]

MorbidToaster

I don't think someone can "easily" play for 7+ hours with a job. You "can" but then your job and a video game would count for every waking minute of your day. I think that most people would want to relax a little in there day. Video games are a lot of fun but competitive multiplayer games or difficult single player games are not the most relaxing activity. It is summer why not kick back on the patio and have a beer, enjoy the summer weather, watch a movie, hang out with friends.

coolkid93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#46 coolkid93
Member since 2007 • 6749 Posts
There is no such thing as playing to much! :P JK Um Well I guess it is alot of time but Heck when I first got GTA IV I played that for 7 hours and 41 minutes non stop. I guess that's alot. Lower it down some.
Spoogei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#47 Spoogei
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

It's all how you judge 'too much.' if you're ignoring things like showering and going outside, then yes. But if you can take the time to play, give'r. :)

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MorbidToaster

[QUOTE="MorbidToaster"][QUOTE="StudySession"]

StudySession

I don't think someone can "easily" play for 7+ hours with a job. You "can" but then your job and a video game would count for every waking minute of your day. I think that most people would want to relax a little in there day. Video games are a lot of fun but competitive multiplayer games or difficult single player games are not the most relaxing activity. It is summer why not kick back on the patio and have a beer, enjoy the summer weather, watch a movie, hang out with friends.

I watch movies while playing something like UNO to relax, that counts as playing time. I live in Texas, and have no pool and don't live near water. It's way too hot outside to even sit with a beer. Also, I hang out with friends...playing video games... I think it's completely different depending on the person. 7 hours a day can be considered too much if you never do anything with other people, and never take a break relaxing (either a relaxing GAME, or just sitting outside). Speaking as far as my personal situation goes, I clear about 10 hours a day, but within that 10 hours I play with friends at my home (and online), play a variety of games (multiplayer, single player, casual games for a break). Heck, my friends on I take our portables to cafes and play while holding conversations with other people that don't play games. Again, too much is completely relative.

EDIT: My days also include at least 2 showers (10-20 minutes a piece), and a 35 hours + work week.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

heres what i do on times like these...put ur arm next to piece of white paper...now if they match...put the controller down.....unplug everything and go outside, work out(because if you play too much chances are youve gained a lil flab), take your shirt off and get sunburnt...play basketball, football, baseball, just run or if youre a geek go to a park and swing cardboard swords around with your friends if you have any...

lol seriously though

people youre a little harsh....heres what i have to say...7 hrs a day is a little much for me....but thats just me....u ask urself if its too much okay and u give yourself an answer...maybe its not that youre gaming too much just need to do other things for a while know what i mean...i know very well ive gamed a whole day before and didnt get tired of it...but theres days i dont play at all....theres days i turn on my PS3 and dont even play a game...in fact ive been in a wierd mood lately to where i just dont want to play anything...but maybe u do need to slow down a bit...they say its a so-called "addiction" to some people...

and to get rid of an addiction you cant really just say "IM DONE WITH IT NOW AND FOREVER!!!!" and think you really are beecause next thing you know you'll be worse than ever before....the key to get rid of an addiction is to slowly get rid of it....start playing for only 6 hours a day and then after a week or so try 5 than 4 to a point where you feel that youre okay...than you can try not playing one day and the next day as much as u want then 2 days off then three until u can make it a whole week know what im saying????and while youre not gaming try doing something productive....mow the lawn....build something.....fix something....clean...research something that you always wanted to know(it can even have to do with gaming)...if u really do love gaming find some colleges you could go to...and then you could get paid to do it.....or make them know what i mean??? if youre able to.....join a sports team...or at least try....theres alot of things u can do

MorbidToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MorbidToaster

heres what i do on times like these...put ur arm next to piece of white paper...now if they match...put the controller down.....unplug everything and go outside, work out(because if you play too much chances are youve gained a lil flab), take your shirt off and get sunburnt...play basketball, football, baseball, just run or if youre a geek go to a park and swing cardboard swords around with your friends if you have any... Eazy1891

Problem: Skin matches white paper. Solution: Tanning bed with built in screens. :3