Addicted to God of War III?

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hahadouken
Member since 2009 • 5546 Posts

I beat the game and immediately started a second playthrough. I finished my first game in 12 hours, second in 10, and I immediately started a third. I can't put the game down because the combat is so much fun and Kratos is such a joy to control. Plus it's total eye sex. :P

I tried playing other games but nothing feels as good as GoW3 in my hands right now. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the only game managing to drag me away, and that's because my friends are playing it. If it was BFBC2 with randoms, or play GoW3 for the 4th time, I would probably pick GoW3.

I put it down to the controls, Kratos is just so much fun to play as, from combat, platforming and puzzle solving, that going back to something else just feels slightly clunky and unresponsive. It doesn't hurt that the rest of the game is up to that same calibre

Anyone else having a similar problem going back to other games, post GoW3?

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

I beat the game and immediately started a second playthrough. I finished my first game in 12 hours, second in 10, and I immediately started a third. I can't put the game down because the combat is so much fun and Kratos is such a joy to control. Plus it's total eye sex. :P

I tried playing other games but nothing feels as good as GoW3 in my hands right now. Battlefield Bad Company 2 is the only game managing to drag me away, and that's because my friends are playing it. If it was BFBC2 with randoms, or play GoW3 for the 4th time, I would probably pick GoW3.

I put it down to the controls, Kratos is just so much fun to play as, from combat, platforming and puzzle solving, that going back to something else just feels slightly clunky and unresponsive. It doesn't hurt that the rest of the game is up to that same calibre

Hahadouken

I haven't bought GoW3 yet, and won't for awhile, so nay. Though gotta say, your "Now Playing" list is full of LIES! :P

Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts

Yep, pretty addicted myself. Me and a friend played through it over the weekend and he said he is tempted to trade in his 360 to get a PS3 and GOW3 depending on how much he can get for trade.

Last night it took me almost 2 hours to get through the first encounter of the first boss on the hardest setting. Stupidly I thought you got a trophy for completing it on the hardest setting but I just found out its Titan mode you get the trophy for. I am a a bit relieved as I dont think I could finish it on the hardest setting but I cant tell you how much satisfaction I had getting through that first encounter, it was awesome.

I've started again on hard mode now and its much easier so far.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]

Khadaj32

I haven't bought GoW3 yet, and won't for awhile, so nay. Though gotta say, your "Now Playing" list is full of LIES! :P

What? Ohhhhh hahaha, I just got that. :P Yeah, it should just say "God of War III" on all platforms for the next while. I AM playing all those games now, to varying degrees, but God of War III is keeping me from completing them.
Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

[QUOTE="Khadaj32"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]

Hahadouken

What? Ohhhhh hahaha, I just got that. :P Yeah, it should just say "God of War III" on all platforms for the next while. I AM playing all those games now, to varying degrees, but God of War III is keeping me from completing them.

Lol :P Glad GoW3 is doing so well though, always happy to have a successful PS3 exclusive.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
yea im actually enjoying my 2nd play through on titan took me 12hrs about, and im on chaos and i clocked in about 13hrs, i think about hr of it is being stuck at the area where Daedalus is hanging, man wave after wave after wave, and on chaos mode, it aint no joke lol, since i cant use any of my godly possessions lol i have to fight my way out, and ohh man zues is going to be such a pain lol, but to be honest ill probably play it again for the 3rd time, the visuals, the gore, kratos in general is so freakin awesome to go around brute killing everythin lol
LenGen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 LenGen
Member since 2010 • 317 Posts
im on my 2nd playthrough on titan mode and boy it is BRUTAL. i think illm play another walkthru on normal again after i beat titan or maybe even chaos mode if i want a challenge.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
I got to get my hands on this game
Jshoelace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jshoelace
Member since 2008 • 846 Posts
im on my 2nd playthrough on titan mode and boy it is BRUTAL. i think illm play another walkthru on normal again after i beat titan or maybe even chaos mode if i want a challenge.LenGen
Chaos is insanely hard! As said, it took me almost 2 hours trying to get passed the first boss encounter. Maybe i just suck at it. It reminded me of Demons Souls and the satisfaction you get after killing an arch demon.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
[QUOTE="LenGen"]im on my 2nd playthrough on titan mode and boy it is BRUTAL. i think illm play another walkthru on normal again after i beat titan or maybe even chaos mode if i want a challenge.Jshoelace
Chaos is insanely hard! As said, it took me almost 2 hours trying to get passed the first boss encounter. Maybe i just suck at it. It reminded me of Demons Souls and the satisfaction you get after killing an arch demon.

well the first boss took me 30min, died about 2 maybe 3 times. but the ONE place thats giving me a hard time is the labyrinth im at the final level where im about to escape with pandora but god damn, those waves of enemy is insane! been stuck there for a day lol
krazy-blazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 krazy-blazer
Member since 2009 • 1759 Posts
Kinda short gameplay Don't ya agree?
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

on my 3rd playthru. and trying to finish the challenges. only one or 2 other games have entered my ps3 since it came out. and those were only cuz my friends were tired of watchin me play gow3 and me ignoring them lol.

(stands up) Hi, my name is newhighscore. and im a gow3 addict.

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#13 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I don't think any game is good enough to play through it straight away, since everything is still fresh in your mind, for me it would be terribly boring. Ill wait a few months before I go back to it

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hahadouken
Kinda short gameplay Don't ya agree?krazy-blazer
12 hours on my first playthrough, for an action game as packed as this one? 10 hours on my second, when I knew exactly where everything was and how to beat it? :? Surely you jest. This is a long game for it's genre, and since I've played it twice already, plan to play it at least 2 more times, and still haven't messed with the challenges or arenas, I estimate I will get well over 50 hours out of this game, and that's before I come back and revisit it in 3-4 months.

I don't think any game is good enough to play through it straight away, since everything is still fresh in your mind, for me it would be terribly boring. Ill wait a few months before I go back to it

M0wen10
Yeah I'm not that way at all. If I like a movie a lot I will go see it in the theatre again the next day. I'll watch a DVD/BD twice in two days as well. I find I get a lot more out of it, and can view it more objectively, if I play it/watch it twice in a row. Not a lot of games warrant an immediate second playthrough, I would say MGS4 is the last one that did.
yanbuco2712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 yanbuco2712
Member since 2006 • 456 Posts

Kinda short gameplay Don't ya agree?krazy-blazer

I completely disagree.

Trophies, challenge maps, arena, collectibles, and harder difficulties do alot to make the game longer.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

I'm addicted, I borrowed it from my bro and beat it and he had to take it back, I miss it so much i'm buying my own copy even though I already beat it...

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

[QUOTE="krazy-blazer"]Kinda short gameplay Don't ya agree?yanbuco2712

I completely disagree.

Trophies, challenge maps, arena, collectibles, and harder difficulties do alot to make the game longer.

Those do add replay value, but challenges aren't long or THAT hard if you know what you're doing, arena is kinda boring you just add your own enemies, I will say the bulk of replay comes from trophies and harder difficulties.

KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

[QUOTE="Jshoelace"][QUOTE="LenGen"]im on my 2nd playthrough on titan mode and boy it is BRUTAL. i think illm play another walkthru on normal again after i beat titan or maybe even chaos mode if i want a challenge.JoKeR_421

well the first boss took me 30min, died about 2 maybe 3 times. but the ONE place thats giving me a hard time is the labyrinth im at the final level where im about to escape with pandora but god damn, those waves of enemy is insane! been stuck there for a day lol

Is that the part where the room rotates about 2 or 3 times? Each time before it rotates the spikes come out of the ground? On my first time through on Titan mode that spot was a bummer.

Next spot I got stuck on was the part where you fight the Cerebus (Sp?) ... you know, the big three headed dog that is spitting out exploding dogs at you? I think its the last time you face one of them though. Anyways, what a ****** that was, first head is NP but then those guys with the staff that has blades at the end start popping up after you dislodge a head.

Very frustrating.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"][QUOTE="Jshoelace"] Chaos is insanely hard! As said, it took me almost 2 hours trying to get passed the first boss encounter. Maybe i just suck at it. It reminded me of Demons Souls and the satisfaction you get after killing an arch demon. KapG

Is that the part where the room rotates about 2 or 3 times? Each time before it rotates the spikes come out of the ground? On my first time through on Titan mode that spot was a bummer.

Next spot I got stuck on was the part where you fight the Cerebus (Sp?) ... you know, the big three headed dog that is spitting out exploding dogs at you? I think its the last time you face one of them though. Anyways, what a ****** that was, first head is NP but then those guys with the staff that has blades at the end start popping up after you dislodge a head.

Very frustrating.

Yeah the cerberus breeder (there is only one in the game, the others are cerberus but don't spit out the exploding hellhounds) is the hardest fight in the game for me, hands down. The satyrs and their constant blocking/flipping around to stab you in the back are beyond annoying. The ending certainly makes you work for it. The last 3 sequences (flying through the tunnel dodging debris/fireballs that lasts a little too long), the cerberus + satyrs, then the first Zeus fight. As far as the discussion about replay value, the biggest factor in replay value for me is just that the game itself is so good I will continue playing it over and over, even if it's on the same difficulty setting. The gameplay is incredibly fun and nothing right now feels close to it in terms of how tight it controls. I'd say Ratchet & Clank is the closest thing I can think of, but GoW is a far better overall game.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I sold it already.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hahadouken
I sold it already.edthetinker
Guess you should have rented it.
quizee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 quizee
Member since 2007 • 601 Posts
[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]

lol dude no way i thought i was the only one lol well actually im only on my second playthrough but ya as soon as i beaqt it i started the next playthrough. IT really is impossible to put down!!!!
Avatar image for Ambient_Chicken
Ambient_Chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ambient_Chicken
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts
I beat it once, and immediately started a second playthrough. It's one of the best games I've played, and I can't get enough of it. I'm already planing on starting another playthrough on titan once I beat it again lol.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

Yeah the game is a real blast, I can play through the story 10 times and I still wouldn't be bored because the gameplay is damn entertaining.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
No because I haven't played another game since. :P I'm not addicted to it but I really love it. I started on Chaos mode a couple days ago and I just got a pretty sweet flashlight so I'm not so far into it.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
I've been addicted to GOW3 since I've gotten it the day after launch. I'm just about done with it and I truly try to play other games and it's so epic, I don't think I can be satisfied with anything else. Sad that my time with it is ending soon because I'm almost at the end..and I never play games I beat more than once. Just seems boring. I love the epic battles in this game..truly like no other!
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

When i finally get both GOW Collection and the third i shall continuely replay them over and over agian, until i can play with my eyes closed and recite the dialogue

joeydlf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 joeydlf
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
[QUOTE="KapG"]

[QUOTE="JoKeR_421"] well the first boss took me 30min, died about 2 maybe 3 times. but the ONE place thats giving me a hard time is the labyrinth im at the final level where im about to escape with pandora but god damn, those waves of enemy is insane! been stuck there for a day lolHahadouken

Very frustrating.

Yeah the cerberus breeder (there is only one in the game, the others are cerberus but don't spit out the exploding hellhounds) is the hardest fight in the game for me, hands down. The satyrs and their constant blocking/flipping around to stab you in the back are beyond annoying. The ending certainly makes you work for it. The last 3 sequences (flying through the tunnel dodging debris/fireballs that lasts a little too long), the cerberus + satyrs, then the first Zeus fight.

i hate the part with the Cerberus breeder it is really hard on titan and i can already imagine chaos do u guys have any tips to help me beat them cuz Ive been stuck there for days i cant get passed it cuz im on the last head and those staff demons pop up and kill me
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I don't have this with God of War III, but I did have it after each Uncharted game. It took me months before I could appreciate another game. Obviously over time it becomes easier, but it was a rough couple of months for me, gaming-wise, after those two games.

Avenged_Plague

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Avenged_Plague
Member since 2008 • 367 Posts

cant get enough of this game, its great

Ipik_Fenris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ipik_Fenris
Member since 2005 • 3627 Posts

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="KapG"]

Very frustrating.

joeydlf

Yeah the cerberus breeder (there is only one in the game, the others are cerberus but don't spit out the exploding hellhounds) is the hardest fight in the game for me, hands down. The satyrs and their constant blocking/flipping around to stab you in the back are beyond annoying. The ending certainly makes you work for it. The last 3 sequences (flying through the tunnel dodging debris/fireballs that lasts a little too long), the cerberus + satyrs, then the first Zeus fight.

i hate the part with the Cerberus breeder it is really hard on titan and i can already imagine chaos do u guys have any tips to help me beat them cuz Ive been stuck there for days i cant get passed it cuz im on the last head and those staff demons pop up and kill me

i beated the game in titan already, and the cerberus was xtremely hard. took me about 1:30hr or 2 to beat it. my technique was grabbing his dogs and throwing them at him and using the bow, and some times use the blades of exile. try to keep as much health as u can in the first stage !!!

after u ripp off the first head, focus on the cerberus doing the same thing with the dogs so u can inflict damage from a distance, and as for the satyr, just evade his attacks, keep hitting the cerberues until u ripp off the second head.

after i did that, there were no more satyrs except for the first one....

hope it works for u !

GamingKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GamingKidX
Member since 2010 • 329 Posts

Still havn't played GOW 3 yet, but with all the intense posts and reviews about it, I might be picking it up soon xD

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#33 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

currently playing GOW3 on the second playthrough. trophy hunting and doing it on Titan mode. trying to earn a platinum on it. also playing Final Fantasy 13 a lot. still need to go back to Uncharted 1 (one trophy from earning that platinum)

and Uncharted 2 is within grasp as well...

damn.... i'm pretty set when it comes to games for a long while...

prehuang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 prehuang
Member since 2008 • 160 Posts

Hahadouken

I was when I playing GOW1,I was attracted by Kratos as he is such a unstopable man.

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

I'm still on my first play through, and I bought it on launch. Havent had much time to play, but also i'm taking my time. Man, the amount of money i've spent on this game though is ridiculous:

1 X Standard edition

1 X collectors edition (contained 2 downloadable skins and special packaging)

1 X Ultimate edition

1 X limited edition strategy guide

and hopefully buying the soundtrack when its released on March 30th. You better believe i'll be buying toys if they are released.

peaceoutmedusa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 peaceoutmedusa
Member since 2010 • 2130 Posts

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"]

Khadaj32

dont hate :P

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Hahadouken

Took me 5 and a half hours on normal. Was a decent game, but I have no desire to play it again.

dlindenb2000
Yeah, somehow I don't believe that at all. 5.5 hours isn't even reasonable, I won't believe that until I see screens.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Once I beat a game I usually don't touch it again....after I beat GOW3 I put on my new costume just to see how it looked and started the game over and I couldn't put it down again lol yes it's addicting

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

[QUOTE="dlindenb2000"]

Took me 5 and a half hours on normal. Was a decent game, but I have no desire to play it again.

Hahadouken

Yeah, somehow I don't believe that at all. 5.5 hours isn't even reasonable, I won't believe that until I see screens.

5.5 hours on normal??? no freakin way! it took me just over 10 on normal and I think I'm pretty good lol

CBottom7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CBottom7
Member since 2009 • 822 Posts

dlindenb2000

If you're going to lie about beating a game, at least make it believable ... or even better,keep your comments to yourself

Avatar image for Clint_Beastwood
Clint_Beastwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Clint_Beastwood
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts

5 minutes into the gameplay of this game and I had to shovel my jaw off the floor. My roomate walked by my room right as I said "Holy S--T" at the graphics, and he sat down next to me and watched me play for 3 hours straight. The only thing that I hate about this game is that it is going to end.

Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Hahadouken

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"][QUOTE="dlindenb2000"]

chikenfriedrice

5.5 hours on normal??? no freakin way! it took me just over 10 on normal and I think I'm pretty good lol

No kidding. I clocked 12 hrs 15 mins on my first playthrough because some of the puzzles took a bit of time to figure out, and I still missed like 2 levels worth of HP/mana/action upgrades and tons of orbs. Second playthrough took 10 hours and 10 minutes, and that's knowing how all the puzzles work, where to go, etc. I could believe like 8 if someone really blew through the game, but 5.5 is way out of the realm of plausibility.
Hahadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hahadouken
Oh and is it just me or did they make the red orbs and Gorgon Eyes/Phoenix Feathers/Minotaur Horns a lot harder to find in this one? On my second playthrough I thought I was pretty meticulous about exploring everything, but I got exactly one level of each upgrade lower than max. I didn't end up with any extras of any of them. So apparently I missed 9 chests worth of items, and 3 levels of weapon upgrades worth of red orbs??? Sheesh. I am considering buying the official guide just so I can find everything.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 newhighscore

[QUOTE="chikenfriedrice"]

[QUOTE="Hahadouken"] Yeah, somehow I don't believe that at all. 5.5 hours isn't even reasonable, I won't believe that until I see screens.Hahadouken

No kidding. I clocked 12 hrs 15 mins on my first playthrough because some of the puzzles took a bit of time to figure out, and I still missed like 2 levels worth of HP/mana/action upgrades and tons of orbs. Second playthrough took 10 hours and 10 minutes, and that's knowing how all the puzzles work, where to go, etc. I could believe like 8 if someone really blew through the game, but 5.5 is way out of the realm of plausibility.

1st off, i dont hink 5 hours is possible. even with all the godly possessions helpin u cheat your way thru.

@ hahadouken, really? i thought they were easier to find in this one than in the previous games. i was maxed out pretty early on. except for the item bar. thats always the last one on each playthru. they were pretty generous with the orbs i thought too.

explore everywhere. destroy everything!

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts
I played it for a few days straight, beat it 3 times completely, and got the platinum. The first time was Titan, then Spartan to finish up all my trophies, and finally God cause my friend wanted to see the story and he played on it too. The only game I've actually played considerably after getting the platinum is Uncharted 2 because of the DLC trophies. If I ever do go back to God of War 3, it'll be to attempt Chaos mode which I'm actually not sure if I can beat.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 newhighscore

I played it for a few days straight, beat it 3 times completely, and got the platinum. The first time was Titan, then Spartan to finish up all my trophies, and finally God cause my friend wanted to see the story and he played on it too. The only game I've actually played considerably after getting the platinum is Uncharted 2 because of the DLC trophies. If I ever do go back to God of War 3, it'll be to attempt Chaos mode which I'm actually not sure if I can beat.abdelmessih101

i thought u needed to beat chaos mode to get the plat? :|

abdelmessih101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 abdelmessih101
Member since 2007 • 5230 Posts

[QUOTE="abdelmessih101"]I played it for a few days straight, beat it 3 times completely, and got the platinum. The first time was Titan, then Spartan to finish up all my trophies, and finally God cause my friend wanted to see the story and he played on it too. The only game I've actually played considerably after getting the platinum is Uncharted 2 because of the DLC trophies. If I ever do go back to God of War 3, it'll be to attempt Chaos mode which I'm actually not sure if I can beat.newhighscore

i thought u needed to beat chaos mode to get the plat? :|

No, just Titan. :|
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 newhighscore

good, then im not far from my plat on it either.