AC I & II...WOW

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yourmate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 yourmate
Member since 2010 • 165 Posts
when i wanted to get into the franchise, I read how bad 1 was so I googled the story line and just started from 2 :D. I don't understand why you would sell it though, how much would you possibly get if you bought it new for 2o bucks?
WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

Do you mean story being sacfriced for action? If so, then yeah... I suppose. The story of Brotherhood was a little disappointing, but I still think the main story is great.

funsohng

Well, did you see the demo? lolz There was just pure action and nonstop, and unnecessary explosions.

There weren't a lot of explosions in certain parts, actually, for the most part the game didn't have a lot of explosions.

lolz The whole second half of the demo was nothing but over the top action/stunts and explosions.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"] Well, did you see the demo? lolz There was just pure action and nonstop, and unnecessary explosions.WhorrorLoLz

There weren't a lot of explosions in certain parts, actually, for the most part the game didn't have a lot of explosions.

lolz The whole second half of the demo was nothing but over the top action/stunts and explosions.

lolz but in Bay's films the explosions serve absolutely no purpose

Asim90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Asim90
Member since 2005 • 3692 Posts

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my experience with these two games since i bought them both on special offer for $20 both.

Well, AC I its the worst game ive played, everyone know why so after a two weeks of playing it and trying to finish i cant handle it anymore so i sold it.

like two weeks ago the trailer for ac:revelations was released...i said omg its incredible i cant let pass this franchise so i saw that ac 1 and 2 were on special offer for 20 bucks both, so wth i bought both and i finished (hardly, too painfully boring) ac 1 and started ac2.

let me say this, WOW, this game is amazing, it continues the story but its a like it made a 360° turn, they improved every aspect of the game, the battle system, the upgrading, the exploring, the story, everything, now im at sequence 5 and im loving it, i just cant put the controller down, im really amazed with this game.

now after i finished ac2 ill buy ac brotherhood because i cant miss these games, and this goe for eveyone that havent played any ac games or just because the first one sucked, i said go and try it, the second one is one of the best games ive played. thanks

TIGERLIONX

I've been saying the exact same thing for a long time. AC1 is the one of the worst games ever, AC2 and ACB are two of the best. This franchise definitely experienced the biggest u-turn I've ever seen.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

omg reading your post about the game and brotherhood, im getting so excited, but ill finish ac2, the game just keeps me pushing to get everything

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"] There weren't a lot of explosions in certain parts, actually, for the most part the game didn't have a lot of explosions.parvie

Other than heighten the action and raise the tension? I'm pretty sure that's what I saw in the AC:R demo. I'm not saying the entire game will be like this. I'm saying that this part of the demo is like this. If there's more like it throughout the game, it's going to get stale.
Ilikemyname420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Ilikemyname420
Member since 2007 • 5147 Posts

After playing the first game I gave up on the series. It was repetetive, it had terrible pacing, the character development was non-existant and it had one of the worst stories I've seen in any game along with one of the worst endings in any game. I personally wouldn't touch another game in that series with a ten foot pole.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

I don't understand why people say AC2 is better than AC:B. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood has been improved in almost everyway. Definitely one of the best and most original series this gen.

TSNAKE617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 TSNAKE617
Member since 2008 • 5494 Posts

I think two's pretty good, but it killed the pretty interesting story that was beginning to form at the end of the first one. Also, making the crappy handheld games canon was a huge mistake. It pisses me off that I'd have to play a crappy game to fully understand the story.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="parvie"]

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"] lolz The whole second half of the demo was nothing but over the top action/stunts and explosions.

WhorrorLoLz

Other than heighten the action and raise the tension? I'm pretty sure that's what I saw in the AC:R demo. I'm not saying the entire game will be like this. I'm saying that this part of the demo is like this. If there's more like it throughout the game, it's going to get stale.

lolz i see
hyperjj3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#61 hyperjj3000
Member since 2008 • 974 Posts

Iv played all of them and brotherhood is my favourite, i love the multiplayer.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I liked AC I. I agree, the second is even better. If liked the second one you will love brotherhood.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 TIGERLIONX

cant wait to finish ac2 to play brotherhood

till now im at sequence 7, cant wait for the altair armor looks kick @ss

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

Not sure I follow you , I mean lots of things in AC could be taken as boring BUT the assassinations were simply AWESOME , they had challenge , had to be planned , felt rewarding and you felt like a badass mofo from the 12th century , sure the other two AC's are better games but damn how the assassination concept has been downgraded mainly in AC:B , i also liked better when you had one of your fingers amputated to fit your blade.Like I said though the sequels were indeed getting more fun to play , if only they could mix the better gameplay with the badassness of the first it'd be great.

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#65 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts

I LOATHE how everyone bashes the original Assassin's Creed. Go back four years when it was first released, and play it with nothing else to compare it to. It was amazing in its own right. You actually had to plan your assassinations, the city would react after killing a major figure, you actually had to use stealth and techinque instead of just being a one man war machine killing all guards. Yes the series is amazing, its one of my favorites. But without Assassin's Creed the original there would be no series. So watch how much you hate on the game that gave you your precious Assassin's Creed II.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#66 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Assassin's Creed is a great game, it has a lack of mission and weapon variety and suffers from repetition, but the story is engrossing and Altair is a great character, one of my favourites.

Assassin's Creed 2 improves on everything in terms of gameplay, shame there are lots of visual glitches. Still awesome though. Need to play AC: Brotherhood next.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#67 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I LOATHE how everyone bashes the original Assassin's Creed. Go back four years when it was first released, and play it with nothing else to compare it to. It was amazing in its own right. You actually had to plan your assassinations, the city would react after killing a major figure, you actually had to use stealth and techinque instead of just being a one man war machine killing all guards. Yes the series is amazing, its one of my favorites. But without Assassin's Creed the original there would be no series. So watch how much you hate on the game that gave you your precious Assassin's Creed II.

phantom_blade66

I completely agree!

Avatar image for phantom_blade66
phantom_blade66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#68 phantom_blade66
Member since 2009 • 930 Posts
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="phantom_blade66"]

I completely agree!

Thank you, I'm glad someone else sees the light. I love this franchise don't get me wrong. But if it wasn't for Assassin's Creed it wouldn't exist in the first place. All games have their own special merits. Assassin's Creed was an amazing game in its own right and sense. End of story.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TIGERLIONX

reading what you guys wrote you are dam right, in ac1 after you killed your objective the only option was run and hide, and on most of the situations your better option was stealth but in ac2 its easy to kill all the guards and forget about a more strategic and silenced assassination

also im not saying i hate ac1, i hated the bugs, error and other stuff that affected the gameplay but the story ws awesome

now i just finished ac2 and well...WTF i said with the ending, cant wait to see with what things they will come up to in ac revelations but first i have to play brotherhood

Oil_Rope_Bombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Oil_Rope_Bombs
Member since 2010 • 2667 Posts
I really like the AC series. IMO the setting of AC 1 was awesome, and even better than AC 2. I loved Acre so much. But everything else was improved in AC 2, and Brotherhood made it even better. But I really miss Romagna and Flori. :( Those were some amazing areas, so fun to roam in. Hell, even Florence was really good.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

AC II is ALOT better than AC I

good_sk8er7
This. Like a lot, a lot better than AC1.
blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
agree with u TC i bought both only got a quarter way through AC1 and i struggled it was bad, it put me off playing AC2 for 2 months then i gave it a go and WOW it was probably the biggest improvement over an original ive seen in a video game. the story was good, the controls were much improved, loved the locations italy back then looked really amazing.
monker490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 monker490
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

meanwhile in norway