AC I & II...WOW

• 73 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

Hello everyone, just wanted to share my experience with these two games since i bought them both on special offer for $20 both.

Well, AC I its the worst game ive played, everyone know why so after a two weeks of playing it and trying to finish i cant handle it anymore so i sold it.

like two weeks ago the trailer for ac:revelations was released...i said omg its incredible i cant let pass this franchise so i saw that ac 1 and 2 were on special offer for 20 bucks both, so wth i bought both and i finished (hardly, too painfully boring) ac 1 and started ac2.

let me say this, WOW, this game is amazing, it continues the story but its a like it made a 360° turn, they improved every aspect of the game, the battle system, the upgrading, the exploring, the story, everything, now im at sequence 5 and im loving it, i just cant put the controller down, im really amazed with this game.

now after i finished ac2 ill buy ac brotherhood because i cant miss these games, and this goe for eveyone that havent played any ac games or just because the first one sucked, i said go and try it, the second one is one of the best games ive played. thanks

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I only played AC Brotherhood. Hate it... A LOT!!!

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

well the first one isn't the worst game ever, they simply made a lot of improvements for the 2nd as any good sequel should (i.e. Uncharted 2 is far better than the 1st). I do agree the 2nd is by far the better one. However, they seem to simply be pushing one out every year now, so my expectations for the 3rd aren't too high, though they're higher for the 4th. This is because it seems like they may have spent more time with it because the story seems to weave together Altair and Ezio as they're both playable characters.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

T_REX305

Agreed, the multiplayer is one of the worst I've played in years. I think Assassin's Creed is a very mediocre and overrated series, it's repetitive, bad graphics, and I just found it really boring IMO.

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TIGERLIONX

the graphics arent the best but the first one had a lot of bugs and was boring as hell, too rpetitive and nothing interesting, but the second one is great

idk how bro is but i plan to play it and i dont care too much about multiplayer, i will awlways prefer a great single player story than the best multiplayer

they havent improved the graphics for revelations too, that sucks xD

itsphantom994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 itsphantom994
Member since 2011 • 122 Posts

ur right, the first one was soo repetitive, you just keep doing the same thing over and over and over.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

AC II is ALOT better than AC I

TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TIGERLIONX

also the figting and the movement of the character itself were so buggy

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

You know what grinds my gears? People thinking that AC2 is so much better than AC1...it's not.

lockjaw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lockjaw333
Member since 2003 • 1743 Posts
I disagree. I think the jump Ubisoft made from AC I to AC II is probably one of the biggest jumps of any sequel in history. I didn't care for AC I at all, couldn't continue after about 5 hours. AC II is in my top 5 favorite games of this gen, and has cemented the AC series as one of my favorites.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

imo, ac1 and ac2 are not much different on gameplay...ac2 just have more mini missions, of course trophy support (that's ac2's main advantage over 1). rest is pretty much the same. Same climbing monkey game with super easy combat.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i liked AC1, i love AC2. i just unlocked the last portion of venice and man what a game. im gonna be playing the AC series back to back and AC2 is just awesome. the way they made the cities look is just amazing, it looks so gorgeous like the scenery and everything. i dont know how u could say it has bad graphics. i just got all 100 feathers and Altair's armour. definately one of my favourite games this gen. i plan on getting brotherhood as soon as i bet AC2.

Deathtransit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Deathtransit
Member since 2007 • 3086 Posts
I loce AC too. Brotherhood is great too, I really enjoyed it, but I think 2 is the best.
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

In terms of story and overall gameplay, Assassin's Creed series is my fave current gen series. Yes I liked the first one too. Any game thats rich with detail and fun to just explore and mess around is a winner in my book. AC does this with a deep story. I'm a fan of conspiracy theories and scientology and AC combines these themes well. I can't wait til Revelations comes out.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts

AC1 starred a man with an American accent during the time of the Holy Crusades.

You can't really be more badass than a man withthe accent of a country that didn't exist yet.:lol:

Gambi7Fraiman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gambi7Fraiman
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
I think that the only big change that was made in AC 2 is getting rid of that "go to the city - investigate - kill the guy - return to Masyaf" pattern, the sequel is just much more diverse and story-focused, other than that it's simply small changes and more content. The only things that were really fun for me in AC 1 are actually killing the targets and running around aimlessly, which gets boring once you get used to it. Ubisoft just knew exactly what was the problem with AC 1 and fixed it perfectly.
ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts

[QUOTE="T_REX305"]

StealthMonkey4

Agreed, the multiplayer is one of the worst I've played in years. I think Assassin's Creed is a very mediocre and overrated series, it's repetitive, bad graphics, and I just found it really boring IMO.

Every time a game does something different it gets hate. The AC multi player is a breath of fresh air amongst other online games that are trying their hardest to copy and compete with each other. It's different. It plays well and is enjoyable. Is it the most technically sound game out? No. But it's fun. That's all that matters. The graphics are great for a multi platform title and the repetition ended when AC2 was released. ACII and Brotherhood offer tons of variety. Mediocre? No. Over rated? No. Just because you do not like something does not make it bad.

@TC. If AC1 is the worst game you have ever played, You must not play many games :/

AC1 was indeed reptitive. There were glitches with combat, and free running. But as a whole package, it was an original idea that was executed well. The jump from AC1 to AC2 is one of the most impressive in gaming history. Virtually every issue they had in the first one was fixed in the second. It's become a well written game with fantastic gameplay and lot's of replay value. The addition of multi player only improved that.

brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#18 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Assassin's Creed was a great idea in a flawed game. Assassin's Creed 2 is all around great. I can't say that anything is great about Brotherhood though.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#19 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
The first Assassin's Creed has a ton of problems - also a number of great ideas, but they're so buried in the terrible design that it becomes quite a chore to play early on. The second game fixed pretty much all of the problems and expanded on the game world in interesting ways, plus introduced a far better character than the godawful Altair. Brotherhood is also good, although it lacks some of the variety of AC2 and really isn't anything other than more of the same. It's worth it as a cheap pickup, however, and should be $20 most places now.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TIGERLIONX

[QUOTE="StealthMonkey4"]

[QUOTE="T_REX305"]

ACx7

Every time a game does something different it gets hate. The AC multi player is a breath of fresh air amongst other online games that are trying their hardest to copy and compete with each other. It's different. It plays well and is enjoyable. Is it the most technically sound game out? No. But it's fun. That's all that matters. The graphics are great for a multi platform title and the repetition ended when AC2 was released. ACII and Brotherhood offer tons of variety. Mediocre? No. Over rated? No. Just because you do not like something does not make it bad.

@TC. If AC1 is the worst game you have ever played, You must not play many games :/

AC1 was indeed reptitive. There were glitches with combat, and free running. But as a whole package, it was an original idea that was executed well. The jump from AC1 to AC2 is one of the most impressive in gaming history. Virtually every issue they had in the first one was fixed in the second. It's become a well written game with fantastic gameplay and lot's of replay value. The addition of multi player only improved that.

the concept and all the story behind the game its great, thats why i finished the first one and to continue with the second one, because i wanted to know the story and wanted to enjoy it at its fullest.

the assasin, templars, pieces of eden and a whole conspirancy, its what have me motivated to play the game. also the locations, the exploration is fun, not like the first one.

i didnt liked the first because of the technical problems, the story and the concept is wonderful, what i meant to say its that the technicall issues the game had made me sell the game the first time, but with the second one i cant imagine how ac brotherhood is...omg rome

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJ_Lae
but with the second one i cant imagine how ac brotherhood is...omg romeTIGERLIONX
My biggest problem with Brotherhood is that it's just Rome. They add an improvement feature where you amass money and assassins and buy up stores and whatnot, but the overall area isn't that big and it's still very much locked off by those memory walls like the first two games. Which is weird, because I played the hell out of AC2 and wished for Rome, and when I got it...I thought, 'that's it?' Still a great game, though, and I'd argue the pacing is better than AC2 in terms of the storytelling.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

You know what grinds my gears? People thinking that AC2 is so much better than AC1...it's not.

Gxgear
lol... well most of the world disagrees with you. The AC series is incredible and Brotherhood is IMO the best. Get it soon.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts
[QUOTE="TIGERLIONX"] but with the second one i cant imagine how ac brotherhood is...omg romeDJ_Lae
My biggest problem with Brotherhood is that it's just Rome. They add an improvement feature where you amass money and assassins and buy up stores and whatnot, but the overall area isn't that big and it's still very much locked off by those memory walls like the first two games. Which is weird, because I played the hell out of AC2 and wished for Rome, and when I got it...I thought, 'that's it?' Still a great game, though, and I'd argue the pacing is better than AC2 in terms of the storytelling.

Rome is 3 times bigger than Florence. I don't get it.
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I hated 1, enjoyed 2 a bit because I almost platinumed it.

Never found the will to collect all the feathers though. xP

Tetrarch9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tetrarch9
Member since 2010 • 2581 Posts
I've loved every Assassins Creed. Two was my favorite. One did have some problems but that didn't stop me from enjoying an incredible game with great story and locations. And Im really looking foward to AC:R. I've noticed the series does have its haters. How you could dislike such an incredible series is on you though.
DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DJ_Lae
Rome is 3 times bigger than Florence. I don't get it.parvie
I would hope so, given that Florence is only a tiny portion of all of AC2's areas. Rome just felt bare. Only about a third of the map is actual city, and the rest is just open plains with not much going on. You do get a couple of missions that send you elsewhere, but they're easily the game's low points.
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#27 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

ac2 also have the easiest platinum trophy....acb's platinum trophy is not as easy as ac2...it has online trophies and some single player trophies require some skill to achieve,

Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

I still got the first one here on my shelf... after i finish the exams i'll try a final push again :P

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
i love AC series i cant wait for AC revelation
Pommii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pommii
Member since 2007 • 54 Posts

I also love the continued story line in the series, I found the first game to repetative after a while but that has been resolved in both II and Botherhood.

Looking forward to the next installment

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
And AC:B is better than AC2 gameplay-wise.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 funsohng
[QUOTE="parvie"]Rome is 3 times bigger than Florence. I don't get it.DJ_Lae
I would hope so, given that Florence is only a tiny portion of all of AC2's areas. Rome just felt bare. Only about a third of the map is actual city, and the rest is just open plains with not much going on. You do get a couple of missions that send you elsewhere, but they're easily the game's low points.

Florence is the biggest city in AC2, especially if you unlocked the third area with DLC. I wouldn't say it's a "tiny" portion
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I played AC II and thought it was just okay. No story really - somebody killed your family so you kill them. The main character was a big nothing, with no personality at all. Running and jumping across rooftops was kind of cool, but it would quite often send you jumping off in some completely unintended direction. And running back and forth, and back and forth, and back and forth through city streets wasn't very exciting either. The ending was kind of neat I guess.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I much prefer the battle system of AC1, was a bit more difficult and the sound of swords hitting together was great, sadly thats all i can say that was good about the game. AC2 like you say was a massive turnaround. Brotherhood was too crowded i recon, why should i buy blacksiths to get better armour? Why should i have to buy paintings? I mean i know i'm restoring Rome after the Borgia almost destroyed it but come on... I hope Revelations is much more streamlined with no more GTA style side missions.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

parvie

lol... well most of the world disagrees with you. The AC series is incredible and Brotherhood is IMO the best. Get it soon.

I think you're confused by what I'm saying. The Assassin's Creed games are all great in my opinion, but people need to stop ragging on the original because it's not nearly as bad as people have claimed that it is. AC1 was merely more tedious because Ubisoft has made a lot of the meaningless tasks mandatory before you move on with progression. AC2 made them all optional and definitely improved because of that, but the core gameplay remains identical.

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts
Yeah, the first AC was the start of a good idea, but it was terribad. Well, not that bad, but it got immensely boring and repetitive. It's just the same thing over and over throughout the entire game. I have yet to start AC2.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 funsohng

[QUOTE="parvie"][QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

I think you're confused by what I'm saying. The Assassin's Creed games are all great in my opinion, but people need to stop ragging on the original because it's not nearly as bad as people have claimed that it is. AC1 was merely more tedious because Ubisoft has made a lot of the meaningless tasks mandatory before you move on with progression. AC2 made them all optional and definitely improved because of that, but the core gameplay remains identical.

I loved the original, but I really have to say AC2 is a lot better.
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

I bought the First AC when it was first released, and I remember enjoying it. But yes the second one is a huge improvement. If you like AC2 that much, wait till you play Brotherhood, it was an improvement as well imo. Only thing I hated was renovatiing everything.

jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
i havnt played AC1 i thought about getting it but decided not to. I got AC2 when it came out and I loved it. I did not get brotherhood, mainly because of the multiplayer. AC does not need multiplayer, I might not get Revelations either, because of the multiplayer. If i see really good reveiws on the main story then its posable, but i brobably will just wait for AC3
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 UnrealLegend
Member since 2009 • 5888 Posts

Here's my opinion:

AC1: Great game, really enjoyable. There was definately some noticable flaws though; such as the mindless repetition and loooooong, boring cutscenes.

AC2: Basically cut out the bad stuff from AC1 and then built upon the good stuff. Fantastic sequel.

ACB: Pretty much the same as AC2, but with some small improvements, as well as the addition of a fantastic multiplayer mode. Unfortunately, I think the series is becoming too easy.

My expectations for Assassin's Creed: Revelations are not very high at the moment. What they've shown so far just looks like Brotherhood with a new setting to me.

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WhorrorLoLz

Here's my opinion:

AC1: Great game, really enjoyable. There was definately some noticable flaws though; such as the mindless repetition and loooooong, boring cutscenes.

AC2: Basically cut out the bad stuff from AC1 and then built upon the good stuff. Fantastic sequel.

ACB: Pretty much the same as AC2, but with some small improvements, as well as the addition of a fantastic multiplayer mode. Unfortunately, I think the series is becoming too easy.

My expectations for Assassin's Creed: Revelations are not very high at the moment. What they've shown so far just looks like Brotherhood with a new setting to me.

UnrealLegend
The new one also seems to be suffer from the Michael Bay effect.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

Here's my opinion:

WhorrorLoLz

Do you mean story being sacfriced for action? If so, then yeah... I suppose. The story of Brotherhood was a little disappointing, but I still think the main story is great.

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhorrorLoLz

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"][QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

Here's my opinion:

UnrealLegend

Do you mean story being sacfriced for action? If so, then yeah... I suppose. The story of Brotherhood was a little disappointing, but I still think the main story is great.

Well, did you see the demo? lolz There was just pure action and nonstop, and unnecessary explosions.
UnrealLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UnrealLegend

[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"] The new one also seems to be suffer from the Michael Bay effect.WhorrorLoLz

Well, did you see the demo? lolz There was just pure action and nonstop, and unnecessary explosions.

Oh yeah, I remember that :P That was a more than a little ridiculous.

But as long as they make a great game, then I'm happy.

dsan224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#46 dsan224
Member since 2006 • 1552 Posts
AC Brotherhood is AMAZING, I played it much more than AC II. While I liked AC II's story more and while it was longer, Brotherhood was a lot more fun. There is a better weapon variety, the city is more interesting, hiring your own Assassins is AWESOME, and the multiplayer is a lot of fun. Both are great, but I think you'll like Brotherhood even more.
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 funsohng
[QUOTE="UnrealLegend"]

[QUOTE="WhorrorLoLz"] The new one also seems to be suffer from the Michael Bay effect.WhorrorLoLz

There weren't a lot of explosions in certain parts, actually, for the most part the game didn't have a lot of explosions.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

AC is an overrated series,I agree... although AC2 was a good game.

Enid_Green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Enid_Green
Member since 2010 • 1261 Posts

I've played 1 & 2 twice each, and I've always felt like 1 played more like an experiment, whereas 2 was a much clearer rendition of what they were trying to accomplish.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

i recently played AC1 and then 2 and just finished AC2 yesterday. i can say that AC2 was probably one of my favourite games on PS3 so far. one hell of a game i love polished quality games like that. gonna get brotherhood soon so lookin forward to that.