a perfect day just went to a waste.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 supersnake930
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

so here is the story. i come home after work and saw that a gamestop bag was on the kitchen counter. so i opened it and saw GTA4 in there. i pulled it out and it was the 360 version. i nearly put my head through a wall. my mom picked it up for me when i was at school and i thought i was going to come home and relax and play GTA4.

So here is the twist:

my mom comes home and i tell her that i have a **** ps3. so i start cursing, dropping all kinds of F bombs. then she tells my dad and then **** really hits the fan. i call gamestop and tell them what had happened and they say that i can come by and pick it up tomorrow. after i get off the phone with them my dad comes in my room and rips my ps3 out of the wall. yeah.... he broke it. so as it turns out i have to buy a new ps3 and GTA4. so i have to stare at that game for a long time now.

The moral of the story:

i now have no ps3 and no GTA4 to play. my day went from getting my hopes up to play GTA4 to my ps3 getting ripped out of my wall. if you have worse luck than me, please do not be afraid to share.

Mod edit: Watch out for censor bypassing!

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
It looks to me like the moral of the story would be: Keep your anger in check.
Dnadolny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Dnadolny
Member since 2007 • 534 Posts

Dude, calm down, its just a different copy of GTA4. Dont yell at your mom about it. Jeez.

This reminds me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGpvM4O5Ml4

hofuldig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hofuldig
Member since 2004 • 5126 Posts
i bought my ps3 (smart move on my part) so if my dad were to get mad (he never dose) he couldent touch my system
TIGERLUCK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TIGERLUCK
Member since 2007 • 737 Posts
hahah.. joke thread right? or are kids really getting that much more spoiled everyday?
supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 supersnake930

hahah.. joke thread right? or are kids really getting that much more spoiled everyday?TIGERLUCK

no im really not joking.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts

[QUOTE="TIGERLUCK"]hahah.. joke thread right? or are kids really getting that much more spoiled everyday?supersnake930

no im really not joking.

That really sucks for you dude, maybe you should act a little less childish and these things wouldn't happen to you. Time to grow up I think!
DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

try to think things first when you are going to treat your family like that... because family is first, always

anyways im sure you didnt want to, sorry for your ps3 :(

Gabe11cap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 Gabe11cap
Member since 2003 • 1796 Posts
so your mom tries to do a nice thing and pick it up for you and accidentally picks up the wrong one, so you then decide to drop F bombs on her? Thats all on you. You could have just got it the next day. I would never cuss my mom out over a game.
CM3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CM3000
Member since 2003 • 1105 Posts
your dad did the right thing, learn to respect your family. (they pay for everything for you, and obviously give you a lot) learn to act like an adult before you want to play games that are made for adults.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
Well the only thing i can say about this is to go get a new PS3 when they bring out MGS4 and the DualShock 3 controller bundled inside.
tsylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tsylord
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts

It looks to me like the moral of the story would be: Keep your anger in check.CellAnimation

so here is the story. i come home after work and saw that a gamestop bag was on the kitchen counter. so i opened it and saw GTA4 in there. i pulled it out and it was the 360 version. i nearly put my head through a wall. my mom picked it up for me when i was at school and i thought i was going to come home and relax and play GTA4.

So here is the twist:

my mom comes home and i tell her that i have a **** ps3. so i start cursing, dropping all kinds of F bombs. then she tells my dad and then $hit really hits the fan. i call gamestop and tell them what had happened and they say that i can come by and pick it up tomorrow. after i get off the phone with them my dad comes in my room and rips my ps3 out of the wall. yeah.... he broke it. so as it turns out i have to buy a new ps3 and GTA4. so i have to stare at that game for a long time now.

The moral of the story:

i now have no ps3 and no GTA4 to play. my day went from getting my hopes up to play GTA4 to my ps3 getting ripped out of my wall. if you have worse luck than me, please do not be afraid to share.

supersnake930

lmfao....you may want to ditch the PS3 and the game and pay for a phycharatrist.

supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 supersnake930

your dad did the right thing, learn to respect your family. (they pay for everything for you, and obviously give you a lot) learn to act like an adult before you want to play games that are made for adults. CM3000

uh... your wrong. i bought my ps3 with my hard earned cash AND i paid for GTA4 and all of my other games. and btw i bought my own truck which cost $13,000. it is my first truck i have ever owned.

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 Gamerkat
Member since 2008 • 1693 Posts
I feel sorry for you, but this has happened to me many times. You know, Crysis comes out, my mom has promised to take me to get the game (only because im not 17 yet, I have biked 6 miles at 8:00 p.m to get a game before). Then she says she is tired, and she doesnt take me. I dont mean to sound spoiled, but if you set your mind to something, and its crushed, its hard to control your anger.
Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts

1. ur a bad son

2. u hurt ur moms feelings

3. i would never do what you did

4. be grateful for things u have, even if its the wrong version, some kids dont even get to do 1/10 of the things ur doing, like taking a dump in a bathroom, think about it.

5. and i think ur mom is real cool to even go out her way to get her butt on line to buy u a game, something my mom would never do.

6. she deserves a sincere apology and a guarantee of dishes done, laundry done, and garbage taken out for a year.

7. keep ur anger in check, see how ur anger went to ur mom, then ur mom went to your dad, then ur dad to ur ps3.... so in a way u were the one that broke ur own ps3 cuz U GOT ANGRY. anger is contagious.

supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 supersnake930

oh I see, you are form texas arent you? (isnt that where they do taks testing?) I used to live there, lots of little punks like you running around, it must be the unbearable heat beating down on you. I will NEVER live there again!CM3000

i am not a "little punk" as you would call me.

CM3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CM3000
haha you bought your truck.. you ARE a texan. but who pays for your rent? clothes? food? water? electricity? the furniture in your room? you dont even know how much that stuff cost. I know LOTS of people like you, EXACTLY like you. people like you are the reason I moved out!
supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supersnake930

I agree with the common concensus here, you are indeed a spoiled brat. If your reaction had been a big thank you and a hug, followed with a laugh that if you could make a quick trip to the store to exchange it for the correct system, you'd have been playing right now.

If my son had done such a thing to my wife, I'd have taken his PS3 for myself, and made him pay for his own. After being grounded for at least a month.

vegetattack15

i live an hour away from the nearest gamestop. it wont be a quick little trip.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

[QUOTE="CM3000"]your dad did the right thing, learn to respect your family. (they pay for everything for you, and obviously give you a lot) learn to act like an adult before you want to play games that are made for adults. supersnake930

uh... your wrong. i bought my ps3 with my hard earned cash AND i paid for GTA4 and all of my other games. and btw i bought my own truck which cost $13,000. it is my first truck i have ever owned.

im sorry to say this dude, but if you are cursing your mother for such things as confusing a gamebox, a thing that had an easy solution, you really need to grow up, buying trucks or working doesnt make you an adult, you need respect and responsability

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

So here is the twist:

my mom comes home and i tell her that i have a **** ps3. so i start cursing, dropping all kinds of F bombs. then she tells my dad and then $hit really hits the fan. i call gamestop and tell them what had happened and they say that i can come by and pick it up tomorrow. after i get off the phone with them my dad comes in my room and rips my ps3 out of the wall. yeah.... he broke it. so as it turns out i have to buy a new ps3 and GTA4. so i have to stare at that game for a long time now.

The moral of the story:

supersnake930

It's not your mom fault .. it's your fault for not having the patience to just go yourself after school .. she obviously doesn't know the difference .. she's not into video games is she? I wouldn't send anyone to get me a game.

If I were your dad I would smashed it over your head .. :)

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gamerkat

haha you bought your truck.. you ARE a texan. but who pays for your rent? clothes? food? water? electricity? the furniture in your room? you dont even know how much that stuff cost. I know LOTS of people like you, EXACTLY like you. people like you are the reason I moved out! CM3000

You are very ignorant, keep your bias off the internet.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

So here is the twist:

The moral of the story:

supersnake930

moral of the story: RESPECT YOUR PARENTS!

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts
[QUOTE="vegetattack15"]

I agree with the common concensus here, you are indeed a spoiled brat. If your reaction had been a big thank you and a hug, followed with a laugh that if you could make a quick trip to the store to exchange it for the correct system, you'd have been playing right now.

If my son had done such a thing to my wife, I'd have taken his PS3 for myself, and made him pay for his own. After being grounded for at least a month.

supersnake930

i live an hour away from the nearest gamestop. it wont be a quick little trip.

That's your problem, nobody elses ..

supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 supersnake930

haha you bought your truck.. you ARE a texan. but who pays for your rent? clothes? food? water? electricity? the furniture in your room? you dont even know how much that stuff cost. I know LOTS of people like you, EXACTLY like you. people like you are the reason I moved out! CM3000

dude, im 16. and how do you classify yourself tough guy?

CM3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 CM3000

[QUOTE="CM3000"]haha you bought your truck.. you ARE a texan. but who pays for your rent? clothes? food? water? electricity? the furniture in your room? you dont even know how much that stuff cost. I know LOTS of people like you, EXACTLY like you. people like you are the reason I moved out! supersnake930

when did I say I was a tough guy?

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gamerkat
Dont worry Tc, im backing you up because I have been in the same situation. Maybe you gave your mom the money to buy the game, but it she didnt get the right one, or it was the stores fault. Either way, its really rediculous how Gamestop is, thats why I dont shop there anymore. If you plan on buying another game, buy it from Wal-mart, they usually have alot more than gamestop does.
Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
to be honest bro serves u right..all u had to do was drive back to gamestop and switch it out...im proud of ur parents
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts

[QUOTE="CM3000"]haha you bought your truck.. you ARE a texan. but who pays for your rent? clothes? food? water? electricity? the furniture in your room? you dont even know how much that stuff cost. I know LOTS of people like you, EXACTLY like you. people like you are the reason I moved out! supersnake930

He had to get his mommy to buy game because hes not old enough

tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
GTA4 is rated mature anyways, pretty sure you just fail at that :P
Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gamerkat
So yea, lets say one of you guys wanted GTA IV really badly, and you couldnt buy it unless you had someone who could buy it for you. Oh yea, and the store was 50 miles away, what would you do? Thats right, get mad, its normal. I dont of course support the fact that you blamed your mom (if you even did), but getting mad is natural, when humans have problems, they get mad.
Ninten007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ninten007
Member since 2005 • 3129 Posts

Dumb move.

All you had to do was say, "Oh mom thanks for picking up the game, but you picked up the wrong copy". Then explain to her to get games with the PS3 heading on it instead of the 360 heading, so she would not make the same mistake next time.

Then yall could have went out and got the money back for the unopened 360 version and exchange it for the PS3 version. Everyone is happy and satisifed and you get to play the game.

You are not even old enough to play this game, so you should be grateful to your mom picking up a game you cant even legally buy. A simple thank you, but it is the wrong version would have had the whole family riding to a store the exchange it for the right version. You are not mature yet and dont deserve this game. Learn to respect your elders, especially the woman who gave birth to you.

My mom accidently bought the wrong version of Prince of Persia Two Thrones for me a few years back, I did not complain, I thanked her and showed how the Gamecube boxarts look. Wait one day, exchange it and everybody is happy.

P.S. Never ever ever cuss your mom out. It yields bad results. Honor thy father and thy mother.

Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

So yea, lets say one of you guys wanted GTA IV really badly, and you couldnt buy it unless you had someone who could buy it for you. Oh yea, and the store was 50 miles away, what would you do? Thats right, get mad, its normal. I dont of course support the fact that you blamed your mom (if you even did), but getting mad is natural, when humans have problems, they get mad.Gamerkat

they also repect their parents...gosh kids with no manners

CM3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CM3000
I agree with ninten007 (except the religious part) its not natural to yell at your parents. anger is one thing, but learning to control it is a part of being an adult. calm down, leave the room. punch a pillow if you have to, chew a pack of gum. go for a walk, once you are done, just go back and explain to her that it was the wrong game, thank her anyway. just like ninten did, then she will know for next time. and you would have your game tomorrow, and your ps3. its a lesson learned, and I hope you are better for it.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#41 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

So here is the twist:

The moral of the story:

supersnake930

I'd be pretty pissed off in your situation but dropping "F bombs" in her face was unwise, you should have taken your rage out on something else (punching the wall, for example). I hope you make it up with your parents and get GTA 4 someday, the game rules!

Gamerkat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gamerkat

[QUOTE="Gamerkat"]So yea, lets say one of you guys wanted GTA IV really badly, and you couldnt buy it unless you had someone who could buy it for you. Oh yea, and the store was 50 miles away, what would you do? Thats right, get mad, its normal. I dont of course support the fact that you blamed your mom (if you even did), but getting mad is natural, when humans have problems, they get mad.Gamerboi27

they also repect their parents...gosh kids with no manners

Well I live with my step dad, and he has treated me like trash, and he treats my step-sister with love, so yea, little difference from my point of view.

padron5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 padron5000
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

We all make mistakes and have let anger get the better of us, ask for forgiveness from your parents and learn your lesson for future refernece.

I wouldnt beat yourself up about it either, just learn and move on.:)

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
Umm it's your fault no offense. Like wtf? im not trying to like be a f@g or anything, but you flipped out at your mom because she got you the wrong version of GTA IV? You could have said mom thanks for buying the game, but I have a Ps3 not a 360 and you got the wrong version could you please get the one for PS3. Something along those lines would have resulted in a probably much better ending and you wouldn't be in this position.
tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts

So yea, lets say one of you guys wanted GTA IV really badly, and you couldnt buy it unless you had someone who could buy it for you. Oh yea, and the store was 50 miles away, what would you do? Thats right, get mad, its normal. I dont of course support the fact that you blamed your mom (if you even did), but getting mad is natural, when humans have problems, they get mad.Gamerkat

Sure everybody gets mad, difference is how you act when you get mad... Why he failed, especially as for somethin minor as a game.

On the OP it was if he went all hysterical n screamin bunch of bull. Abit over the top on his fathers behalf too, guess its runs in the family :P

xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="TIGERLUCK"]hahah.. joke thread right? or are kids really getting that much more spoiled everyday?supersnake930

no im really not joking.

wow... if this is real ur parents well arent very good parents

if i dropped an fbomb regarding a game my parents paid for i would have gotten pimp slapped by mom

nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts

So here is the twist:

The moral of the story:

supersnake930

how bout ypu say thanks to your mom for going out of her way and even trying instead of being disrespectful. im g;ad your dad busted your ps3
MKLOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MKLOL
Member since 2007 • 2080 Posts

So here is the twist:

The moral of the story:

supersnake930
Your dad should really go to anger management classes! ! ! :|