a girl's point of view about the "price drop"

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 ngoniko
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
[QUOTE="HoVDaHuSTLa1"]

let's break down 100 dollars to many characters in life

stoner- 100 can be a quarter ounce

traveler- 100 can be gas for 3 weeks (filling up at 38 dollars each time)

D_Znuhtz

If you pay $100 for a quarter, you're being severely ripped off. I get upset when I have to pay $60 instead of $50.

Also, my Durango costs about $100 to fill, and I fill it 2-3 times a week.

Your numbers seem a little off.

location and different cars

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Lamilia
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

I hope you guys dont mind a girl in these forums mostly for men. I plan to get a PS3, get it now if you got $500, and if you cant, get it later. $600 - and you get an 80GB HD + a free game if Im not mistaken. And put it this way, save $1 a day, in 3 months and 10 days, you have an extra $100. I agree with someone in another thread who said its called a budget. Saving can do miracles.

you still have a few months at least to get the 60GB. i know some guys in school spending $500 for a new graphics card, even my bf, only to change it next year. so $100 isnt much of a case if you really know how to budget your money.

Me_Ann

The only really big problem I have with it is the extra $100 doesn't really seem like an upgrade to me. It's only 20GB more, it has no emotion engine for ps2 games, I think the 60GB had wireless Internet err something like that and the other one doesn't which isn't really a big problem since I can buy cables. Honestly though if I could save an extra $100 and get the cheapest one which is like 20 or 40GB I would because I only really want it for mgs4 and I might end up getting a few other games like CoD4 since I'm giving up a computer upgrade to do so. Oh and the forums are for everyone so feel free to make your opinion heard :) .

stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

if you have a kicka$$ pc you can do so much more than what a ps3, or any console for that matter, can do. I don't want to encourage this, but many people spend fortunes on their pcs and don't even purchase games (piracy) so in that aspect they are spending WAY less than the ps3/x360 consumer.

no one said it isn't possible to save up for a ps3, but that doesn't change the fact that it is expensive. Likewise, people save up for college, but it is damn expensive.

HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts
my example wasn't nearly an estimate, i was just using random spendings, just to show how 100 bucks isn't really much of a big deal because we spend it on just about anything,...havn't you heard the saying, "A hundred dollars is the new 1 dollar"...
LegendaryFox77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 LegendaryFox77
Member since 2007 • 1196 Posts

Uhh...... incase you havent heard Sony announced that they were running out of 60 GB PS3's and when they run out they

will not restock them or the 20 GB PS3's.

Leaving only the 80 GB PS3, which comes with a controller and Motorstorm. If you ask me its not worth it.

If you ask me Sony shot themselves in the foot.

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="HoVDaHuSTLa1"]

D_Znuhtz

If you pay $100 for a quarter, you're being severely ripped off. I get upset when I have to pay $60 instead of $50.

lol.......Your a true smoker! but don't forget "a few pair of Jordan's for 100".....maybe some Shaq's or Spalding's, definitely not Jordan's.

tangentz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tangentz
Member since 2005 • 37 Posts

Nice discussion going on... I'll throw in my 2 cents.

I too believe that the (unbundled) 80GB will replace the 60GB when the stock runs out, with about 80% chance that the price will drop to $499. Just in time for the holiday season (Thanskgiving and/or Christmas).

When/if that happens, be prepared for the second wave of people complaining that "I feel robbed/cheated/jipped/betrayed by Sony, I want compensation" all over again.

Cheers to Girl Gamers! 8)

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Me_Ann
Member since 2007 • 1079 Posts

again guys i said im a girl so some of you will actually read and react nicely. ive been reading a lot for the past few weeks and more often than not i see ilogical arguments or fighting or in the system wars this animal calling. and hey it worked we had a great conversation here.

oh and to add im a student who pays for my tuition, bills(my bf pays for the cable tv and dsl), and food, etc. in the real world $100 is a lot but again if you save, if you actually plan for this, $100 isnt much at all.

and no, just because u are saving for something doesnt automatically mean you cant afford it or living beyond your means it means you actually are smart enough to budget money with all the other things in life.

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Me_Ann
Member since 2007 • 1079 Posts

[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]and isnt balto a guy from the cartoons? u sure dont talk like a girl though.Ultra-Alue

The picture in my avatar is of his daughter Alue (from a pretty crappy movie). The name Alue was taken so I decided to make it Ultra. I don't know why the hell I did now that I think about it.

I was raised into a family with 3 brothers and no sisters. Being girly is freaking stupid anyway. "Oh my god pick up hankerchief, it's not like I can pick it up myself. Oh aren't I a danity little thing?"

being girly is not freaking stupid it is merely being what one wants to be. a true man will pick up that hanky even if i am very capable and willing or not. and those type of guys are the ones who will be getting a lot of action a lot of night in their lives from self respecting girls.

i forgot about the 2nd movie is that about scar /steelor something vs alue? the first movie is great though.

Lamilia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Lamilia
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

Uhh...... incase you havent heard Sony announced that they were running out of 60 GB PS3's and when they run out they

will not restock them or the 20 GB PS3's.

Leaving only the 80 GB PS3, which comes with a controller and Motorstorm. If you ask me its not worth it.

If you ask me Sony shot themselves in the foot.

LegendaryFox77

do you read nothing on gamespot's website? They said they they have a large supply I don't think they are anywhere near running out and even if they did I bet there would still be plenty of ways to get them.

Sports_N_E_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Sports_N_E_1
Member since 2006 • 881 Posts
saving a hundred dollars can be easy or hard, it really depends on the economy around you and a bunch of other stuff. granted sony is doing this to increase profits but to early adopters such as me, i feel like i got robbed of a hundred dollars and 20 extra gigabytes of hard drive. when its your own money you are dealing with, any amount is a lot. I just feel like they should give me the hundred dollars back, and if not directly, then at least in an accessories/games coupon.
Taioa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Taioa
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts

I hope you guys dont mind a girl in these forums mostly for men. I plan to get a PS3, get it now if you got $500, and if you cant, get it later. $600 - and you get an 80GB HD + a free game if Im not mistaken. And put it this way, save $1 a day, in 3 months and 10 days, you have an extra $100. I agree with someone in another thread who said its called a budget. Saving can do miracles.

you still have a few months at least to get the 60GB. i know some guys in school spending $500 for a new graphics card, even my bf, only to change it next year. so $100 isnt much of a case if you really know how to budget your money.

Me_Ann

Woot, girl power!!.

The extra 100$ could be used to buy a new HD so you could upgrade your ps3 with more than 80GB. So if its space your after 100$ for that ps3 isnt relaly worth it.

jimbobb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 jimbobb23
Member since 2005 • 154 Posts
The complaints about this price drop are mind-boggling. Do people whine this much when milk goes on sale? I hear people swearing off the PS3 - why because now they can save $100? Many people seem so wrapped up emotionally in consoles that they feel compelled to defend or defame. Imagine its not a console, it is a bicycle. The bike that you have been thinking of getting but were worried cost too much dropped $100. People seem to be freaking out because a new model is coming out and they percieve its not a good deal- well actually, to be honest I really cannot understand why people are freaking out. Its one of the most irrational things I have ever witnessed. But buy the bike if the price is right, don't if it is not. Its pretty simple. And forget console wars.
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts
[QUOTE="D_Znuhtz"][QUOTE="HoVDaHuSTLa1"]

Yng-ePIc

lol.......Your a true smoker! but don't forget "a few pair of Jordan's for 100".....maybe some Shaq's or Spalding's, definitely not Jordan's.

lol you're right, just that alot of these younger crowd kids like to wear fake jordans saying "they wont know the difference" but a true jordan collector like myself would spot fakes a mile away, so yeh 100 dollars for jordans would not be a good example

jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#65 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
[QUOTE="jacintos09"][QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="jacintos09"]I'm a girl. Post your heart out here. The boys are mostly good :D...mostly :Plonghorn7
haha every time i see your sig i want to point you out the rules and yell out "NO THEY DON'T YOU LIAR!" lol :P

lol i know. it amuses. i've gotten guys who are like "are you really a girl? can you prove it?" lol. it kinda cracks me up

lol i will never understand why it is so amazing that girls use the internet. it isn't like some hard to develop skill or anything everyone can and does do it lol its like saying "OMG a GIRL at a COFFEE SHOP? WHOA!!!" lol

haha i have no idea where it came from. i've been surfing the net since i was 11 lol
Strife037

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Strife037
Member since 2007 • 647 Posts

posting that ur a girl is begging for a million messages sayin " hi i respect you as a girl and we should be friends....now lets get on a webcam". also u will just get a bunch of phony "go girl gamers!" from guys prettending like they give a damn... i dont i speak the truth...and the truth is guy or girl ur just another headshot to me. as far as savin money ROMAN NOODLES FTW!!!!!!!! just eat those a few weeks at 10 cents a meal u save alot