a girl's point of view about the "price drop"

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Me_Ann
Member since 2007 • 1079 Posts

I hope you guys dont mind a girl in these forums mostly for men. I plan to get a PS3, get it now if you got $500, and if you cant, get it later. $600 - and you get an 80GB HD + a free game if Im not mistaken. And put it this way, save $1 a day, in 3 months and 10 days, you have an extra $100. I agree with someone in another thread who said its called a budget. Saving can do miracles.

you still have a few months at least to get the 60GB. i know some guys in school spending $500 for a new graphics card, even my bf, only to change it next year. so $100 isnt much of a case if you really know how to budget your money.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Yeah I know, $100 extra isn't that much, especially when you are getting a game with it too. But you also have to take in account that $100 could be used to take care of classes and whatnot, that one guy on the other thread has to pay for everything inlcuding summer classes.

To me, no, $100 extra is nothing, but to some people in a bind and with gas prices as high as they are, it's hard for some people.

Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
why does it matter if you're a girl?
edub30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 edub30
Member since 2003 • 210 Posts
I'm glad you appreciated my post. It's not that hard to save a little money here and their. I feel like most people, myself included sometimes, lack a little in the "restraint" department.
junk56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 junk56
Member since 2003 • 1748 Posts
because girls have a completely different mind than men.
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Logic has no place and serves no purpose here. Good day madame.
Drakier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Drakier
Member since 2004 • 1444 Posts
Actually, we have all the time in the world to choose the 6GB. http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/13/sony-says-499-60gb-ps3-is-staying-alive-alive-in-us/
walton13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 walton13
Member since 2005 • 2171 Posts

Logic has no place and serves no purpose here. Good day madame.emitsu97

I lol'd

Doesn't matter what the gender is, we all play the same systems/games.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="emitsu97"]Logic has no place and serves no purpose here. Good day madame.walton13

I lol'd

Doesn't matter what the gender is, we all play the same systems/games.

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#10 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

I hope you guys dont mind a girl in these forums mostly for men. I plan to get a PS3, get it now if you got $500, and if you cant, get it later. $600 - and you get an 80GB HD + a free game if Im not mistaken. And put it this way, save $1 a day, in 3 months and 10 days, you have an extra $100. I agree with someone in another thread who said its called a budget. Saving can do miracles.

you still have a few months at least to get the 60GB. i know some guys in school spending $500 for a new graphics card, even my bf, only to change it next year. so $100 isnt much of a case if you really know how to budget your money.

Me_Ann

Doesn't matter if you're a girl or not. Just as long as you're a gamer and not here to bash..everything is cool. Welcome:)

Peter_147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Peter_147
Member since 2005 • 631 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]

MusashiSensi

Doesn't matter if you're a girl or not. Just as long as you're a gamer and not here to bash..everything is cool. Welcome:)

agreed

timmotool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 timmotool
Member since 2005 • 1761 Posts
Hows it girls actually think before they post? Yours made the most sense since the news about it. Your not just going out and complaining! Thanks for making sense!
LONELYGONER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LONELYGONER
Member since 2004 • 88 Posts
$100.00 is not that much but its better than nothing. remember back in the day the price drops where 50 dollars each year. i thought it was gonna be like 150.00 or 200.00 that would've been great but Sony would be taking a huge loss.
Kuro-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kuro-san
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts

Unless you actually hold an interest in Motorstorm, I can't say that the extra 20gb of hard drive space can truly justify the extra $100. You can easily buy a very nice 160gb hard drive for the same added price. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822149058 From my understanding, it is very easy to simply remove and replace the hard drive without much technical knowledge, just check the booklet and it can guide you through the whole process. I bought the 60gb model recently and prefer it personally since I'm not really into racing games, but if you actually wanted the game, the $600 is justifiable.

ne0cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ne0cloud
Member since 2007 • 28 Posts

Me_Ann

if only the rest of america shared your opinion

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Me_Ann

thanks for the warm welcome fellows. i made sure i introduced myself as a girl coz i see there is a lot of bashing in gamespot forums if one speaks an unpopular view. and in some instances if some dont know me as a girl they will bash me for siding with the seemingly despised sony(im not a fan of sony but i dont hate them either), as proven many times on other boards.

and yes i know $100 is big. im a student and i know how it feels. if im to find a way to get $100 in a few days it will be hard, but as i said saving $1 a day for 3 months + it wont really trouble you. so i think if you think $1 a day is high for the next few months then you should think of your priorities first and maybe a gaming console is not for you.

jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts

Actually, we have all the time in the world to choose the 6GB. http://www.engadget.com/2007/07/13/sony-says-499-60gb-ps3-is-staying-alive-alive-in-us/Drakier

Did you not read the part after the word "update"?

choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts

thanks for the warm welcome fellows. i made sure i introduced myself as a girl coz i see there is a lot of bashing in gamespot forums if one speaks an unpopular view. and in some instances if some dont know me as a girl they will bash me for siding with the seemingly despised sony(im not a fan of sony but i dont hate them either), as proven many times on other boards.

and yes i know $100 is big. im a student and i know how it feels. if im to find a way to get $100 in a few days it will be hard, but as i said saving $1 a day for 3 months + it wont really trouble you. so i think if you think $1 a day is high for the next few months then you should think of your priorities first and maybe a gaming console is not for you.

Me_Ann

Thankfully their are alot of level headed people out thier buying PS3 right now becuase they understand that its not really expansive compared to what you get.... especially with the price drop!

Ofcourse $100 dosn't seem like much when you look at saving it a little bit at a time, but when PS3 @ $599 is sitting next to that $479 Xbox 360 Elite casuals can end up going home with a 360 instead of PS3 purly becuase of the price difference ... that is why people were anrgy at SONY for dis-continuing the 60gb ...

thankfully though if SONY is doing the obvious thing the 80gb PS3 will fall to $499 once the 60gb run out of stock and PS3 will continue to sell well resulting in more games :-)

Now if only game prices would fall where i live dammit ...
Gokuja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gokuja
Member since 2005 • 3767 Posts

Me_Ann

Saying your a girl on gamespot forums will make you popular 4 Life! Good luck with that

But on the budget thing, i agree. I don't see why people think its soo hard to save$10-30 bucks every paycheck until they have the money. Alot of people waste money on things they don't need, its just whether you want to make it a priority. If you would rather buy some CD's and other stuff over a PS3, then do it...otherwise it really isn't that hard to save up $500.

But you have to realize, your a woman, but were men.....we suck at budgeting.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts

I have a problem. I cannot decide whether I should get 1 or 2 60GB now or wait till later and get 3.

gamenux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamenux
Member since 2006 • 5308 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]

Gokuja

Saying your a girl on gamespot forums will make you popular 4 Life! Good luck with that

But on the budget thing, i agree. I don't see why people think its soo hard to save$10-30 bucks every paycheck until they have the money. Alot of people waste money on things they don't need, its just whether you want to make it a priority. If you would rather buy some CD's and other stuff over a PS3, then do it...otherwise it really isn't that hard to save up $500.

But you have to realize, your a woman, but were men.....we suck at budgeting.

New rule: Get a gf (like her)who can help you budget a ps3. Who knows, you could end up being the next bill gates.

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ultra-Alue
Member since 2006 • 1111 Posts

I hope you guys dont mind a girl in these forums mostly for men.

Me_Ann

I'm the only girl here. Beat it before I destroy you.

kelindas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kelindas02
Member since 2004 • 343 Posts

Balto you're a girl? wow. here i thought you were a guy.

ha!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]

Ultra-Alue

Lol.

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ngoniko
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]

Ultra-Alue

need some oil and some mud before we start?

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ultra-Alue

Balto you're a girl? wow. here i thought you were a guy.

ha!

kelindas02

Me_Ann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Me_Ann

no thanks. not worth it at all getting broken nails and bruises. and isnt balto a guy from the cartoons? u sure dont talk like a girl though.

and yes gojuka get a girl! there are still decent ones out there.

Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ultra-Alue

and isnt balto a guy from the cartoons? u sure dont talk like a girl though.Me_Ann

The picture in my avatar is of his daughter Alue (from a pretty crappy movie). The name Alue was taken so I decided to make it Ultra. I don't know why the hell I did now that I think about it.

I was raised into a family with 3 brothers and no sisters. Being girly is freaking stupid anyway. "Oh my god pick up hankerchief, it's not like I can pick it up myself. Oh aren't I a danity little thing?"

Silpheed2K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Silpheed2K
Member since 2005 • 579 Posts

Me_Ann

yeah but with budgeting what you're saving up for has to be logical and saving $600 alone (and obviously you'd be savign cause you couldn't afford it or you dont have the money) just to blow it all on a PS3 isnt logical thinking.
bottom line is the consoles are still priced too high for most people.... the $600 could be put to better use than buying a PS3 in all reality when there's bills to pay and such {for those of you int he real world}.

just pointing that out. I want a PS3 but I'm not willing to spend that much at all

(and if anybody tries to tell me how to budget and spend my money just needs to shut it because i'm pretty sure none of you own any stocks in the sony brand or are getting any of the profits so why bother promoting it)

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

Me_Ann

i hear that. Good bdgeting as well as a decent job is good. Im in uni, pay my own tuition, books and what not, ave a 360, and a ps3 as well as a powerful pc that i overhaul about every6 months. I aint rich i just work (12CAD an hour) and I am good with money

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts

Me_Ann
haha it don't matter that youre a female, we are all gamers here. but yeah i agree with you there, I mean heck i dont even know why the people wo were going to buy one for the price cut just don't go ahead and get one while there is a price drop in effect. I mean hell they were going to yesterday, you know lol. But people on here usually do not use logic when it comes to saving up for something. all they do is make excuses as to why they do not "want" to save even though they usually know that they just cannot budget their income like a responsible adult.
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 longhorn7

[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]and isnt balto a guy from the cartoons? u sure dont talk like a girl though.Ultra-Alue

The picture in my avatar is of his daughter Alue (from a pretty crappy movie). The name Alue was taken so I decided to make it Ultra. I don't know why the hell I did now that I think about it.

I was raised into a family with 3 brothers and no sisters. Being girly is freaking stupid anyway. "Oh my god pick up hankerchief, it's not like I can pick it up myself. Oh aren't I a danity little thing?"

nothing wrong with a girl being girly as long as they know that people around them arent there to do everything or them lol. I grew up with two lesbian feminists raising me and i never buy that whole, "i'm a girl i can't do this" kinda crap either lol. but still there isn't anything wrong with a girl being girly in my eyes as long as they are independent
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#33 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
I'm a girl. Post your heart out here. The boys are mostly good :D...mostly :P
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 longhorn7
I'm a girl. Post your heart out here. The boys are mostly good :D...mostly :Pjacintos09
haha every time i see your sig i want to point you out the rules and yell out "NO THEY DON'T YOU LIAR!" lol :P
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Ultra-Alue

:|

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 coolasj19

[QUOTE="Me_Ann"]and isnt balto a guy from the cartoons? u sure dont talk like a girl though.Ultra-Alue

this is kinda funny to me. and your last sentence makes sense
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 coolasj19

this is kinda funny to me. and your 2nd to last sentence makes sense
_Treefingers_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _Treefingers_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
A girl? Why, back to the kitchen with you! You have no right fooling around with technology! It could give you ideas! Why don't you be a dear and prepare me a nice, home-cooked meal?
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
[QUOTE="jacintos09"]I'm a girl. Post your heart out here. The boys are mostly good :D...mostly :Plonghorn7
haha every time i see your sig i want to point you out the rules and yell out "NO THEY DON'T YOU LIAR!" lol :P

lol i know. it amuses. i've gotten guys who are like "are you really a girl? can you prove it?" lol. it kinda cracks me up
longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 longhorn7
[QUOTE="longhorn7"][QUOTE="jacintos09"]I'm a girl. Post your heart out here. The boys are mostly good :D...mostly :Pjacintos09

lol i know. it amuses. i've gotten guys who are like "are you really a girl? can you prove it?" lol. it kinda cracks me up

lol i will never understand why it is so amazing that girls use the internet. it isn't like some hard to develop skill or anything everyone can and does do it lol its like saying "OMG a GIRL at a COFFEE SHOP? WHOA!!!" lol
Ultra-Alue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Ultra-Alue

A girl? Why, back to the kitchen with you! You have no right fooling around with technology! It could give you ideas! Why don't you be a dear and prepare me a nice, home-cooked meal?_Treefingers_

Only after you move those cinder blocks out of the drive way.

-COOLIO-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -COOLIO-
Member since 2007 • 340 Posts
omg girl no wai
_Treefingers_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 _Treefingers_
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
You've got yourself a deal then, woman.
HoVDaHuSTLa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HoVDaHuSTLa1
Member since 2006 • 1288 Posts

let's break down 100 dollars to many characters in life

stoner- 100 can be a quarter ounce

traveler- 100 can be gas for 3 weeks (filling up at 38 dollars each time)

male shopper- a few sneakers, vans, jordans, nikes, dunks, ice creams watever you guys are in to

female shopper- (I was about to say Tiffany's, but let's not discuss how much things are there) so we keep it American Eagle shoppping spree

Geek- maybe another 160gb hard drive for his 60 gb PS3

all in all, 100 dollar is a big deal for a fewpeople, i don't think about the extra 100 dollars, i just think about my personal use, and quite frankly 60gb is enough for me when i own a G5 Apple ...IMAC Pro and an 80gb iPod...also a Dell Inspiron 1505 which i got for sale cause i got my new hardware..but anywho i don't need 80gbs is what im trying to say

and thank you for being a female and entering the world of realm of true gamers....you are very welcome

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ngoniko

my jeans cost like 350 bucks EACH, each time I fill up my tank is 85 bucks. So saving 100 bucks aint a big deal

and I hate people that buy a very expensive TV just to watch regular DVD and the news...

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ngoniko

male shopper- a few sneakers, vans, jordans, nikes, dunks, ice creams watever you guys are in to

female shopper- (I was about to say Tiffany's, but let's not discuss how much things are there) so we keep it American Eagle shoppping spree

Geek- maybe another 160gb hard drive for his 60 gb PS3

all in all, 100 dollar is a big deal for a fewpeople, i don't think about the extra 100 dollars, i just think about my personal use, and quite frankly 60gb is enough for me when i own a G5 Apple ...IMAC Pro and an 80gb iPod...also a Dell Inspiron 1505 which i got for sale cause i got my new hardware..but anywho i don't need 80gbs is what im trying to say

and thank you for being a female and entering the world of realm of true gamers....you are very welcome

HoVDaHuSTLa1

lol@ American Eagle and Tiffany's Co.

try Louis Vuiton and Burberry

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

If you want real savings I think you should wait. Who knows, Sony might announce another version of the PS3 with a bigger hard drive, and including the sixaxis rumble, a hdmi cable, and a blue tooth headset for less than $599 or $499.

D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

Good post, but I'm not sure how relevant your gender is to anything.

Anyway, I agree that the PS3 isn't as costly as it's made out to be, and now that I've actually utilized the BD capabilities, I think $600 was a steal.

D_Znuhtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 D_Znuhtz
Member since 2004 • 2276 Posts

HoVDaHuSTLa1

If you pay $100 for a quarter, you're being severely ripped off. I get upset when I have to pay $60 instead of $50.

Also, my Durango costs about $100 to fill, and I fill it 2-3 times a week.

Your numbers seem a little off.