WOW-GS members giving COD MW2 Low Scores ! ?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Xsan3
Member since 2009 • 2618 Posts

So far, I've read a couple "Gamespot" members' review of Modern Warfare 2, and I have to say, "How couldsome of these folksgive this game a 'Dysmal or even a Mediocre' rating"? I understand if some of them are disappointed by a couple of the changes with the multiplayer aspects - but you should also learn a little about giving such low scores. There are so many more items in a game to judge than just a couple normalities that u've been used to in the past 2 COD games.

Obviously the graphics have been improved. More attributes during multiplayer, fast paced action story. Sound is superior as always. Even if you didn't find the game all that great to your liking - it still shouldn't get a Dismal Score due to a couple -personal disgruntlments of what you may have expected.

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy - and obviously so are the ones who anticipted something "exatctly like the last 2 COD's" - otherwise you wouldn't have been so peeved with the changes. If you were brand new to the Game Genre and COD6-MW2 were the very first COD game you've played, would you still give it such a low score.

BTW - structure, qualityand graphicsof the game alone are enough to gain an above average score (8.5).
My fanbase subject of the game increases the score considerably. Due the fact that it's running on 'Steam' - lowers the score down from a 9.5....so-9.0 should do..

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 zomglolcats
Member since 2008 • 4335 Posts
Quite honestly I ignore every player review that gives a game a 10 or a 1. Those are pretty worthless reviews. The people giving it a 1 most likely haven't played it, but just rated it that based on IW's decisions alone. I'm not going to buy the game because of IW's decisions, but I'm also not going to post a review giving it a 1 without ever having played it.
naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts
6.1 :lol: but doesn't matters, it's a few votes, it will increase to 9 soon enough. Also, thanks for reminding , I forgot to give it a low score myself, going to give it now :P
poordude1089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 poordude1089
Member since 2006 • 328 Posts

Most of them are just tired of hearing about it. They're the same people who hate CoD4, Gears of War, Halo everything, etc.

gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 gosmo
Member since 2005 • 289 Posts

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

Xsan3

Which makes you biased, and your post irrelavant. When you are a fanboy to a product, you refuse to listen to points and arguments of the people you are preaching to. Therefore, there is no point in arguing about it.

siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

I'm sure tat GS will not give less then 9...

KristoffBrujah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KristoffBrujah
Member since 2005 • 1860 Posts

They've probably already completed the single player and are disappointed it lasted less than 5 hours.

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#8 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

gosmo

Which makes you biased, and your post irrelavant. When you are a fanboy to a product, you refuse to listen to points and arguments of the people you are preaching to. Therefore, there is no point in arguing about it.

Hah! I was just about to say that.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 fudgeblood
Member since 2008 • 3165 Posts

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

gosmo

This.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts
Its the cyber civil war. Its all misdirected fury. Im just hoping it will cause enough damage for them to drop the price faster. Im really hoping for that. Im leaning more towards the people that are against IW but just on one of two issues. Im just hoping for a good aftermath. lol.
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 zomglolcats
If you were brand new to the Game Genre and COD6-MW2 were the very first COD game you've played, would you still give it such a low score.Xsan3
Being brand new to a game genre shouldn't factor in a review. If the game is a sequel, it should be compared directly to it's predecessors. According to that logic, every Dynasty Warriors game should get a great score, even though it's a complete rehash of the last 50 Dynasty Warriors games.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

gosmo

I disagree..When talking about a game Sequal - more than likely, most who purchase the game will obviously be a fan of atleast Modern Warfare 1. Cause if the first was no good - than the second would probably have not been made?

I was a HUGE fan of Wolfenstein before remake - and from my Enthusiasm of Return to Castle Wolfenstein - I had already prejudged the the remake before I purchased it. And was Hugely disappointed.
I won't go in to details, but if its a sequel, most are a fan whom purchase it in the first place, and in my case - Same goes with Star Wars - Love the originals-hate the Prequels.

So, Im delighted that MW2 turned outas good as it did. And by now I've finally gotten tired of COD4 and W @ W.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

Xsan3

I disagree..When talking about a game Sequal - more than likely, most who purchase the game will obviously be a fan of atleast Modern Warfare 1.

Fan =/= Fanboy.

brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

IGN reviews are worse: http://rr.pc.ign.com/ReaderReviewIndices/CategoryList.aspx?channel=pc&reviewtype=pc&object=14280895

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 zomglolcats
If they released a demo, I'd be willing to rate it honestly. However, I'm not paying $60 to try a game I most likely won't enjoy.
brandojones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 brandojones
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

If they released a demo, I'd be willing to rate it honestly. However, I'm not paying $60 to try a game I most likely won't enjoy.zomglolcats

Agreed.

Avatar image for Too_tight_shoes
Too_tight_shoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Too_tight_shoes
Member since 2009 • 2486 Posts
If they released a demo, I'd be willing to rate it honestly. However, I'm not paying $60 to try a game I most likely won't enjoy.zomglolcats
If you like FPS games you will deffinetely enjoy this game.
gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gosmo

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

Sure, I'm a COD fanboy

Xsan3

I disagree..When talking about a game Sequal - more than likely, most who purchase the game will obviously be a fan of atleast Modern Warfare 1. Cause if the first was no good - than the second would probably have not been made?

I was a HUGE fan of Wolfenstein before remake - and from my Enthusiasm of Return to Castle Wolfenstein - I had already prejudged the the remake before I purchased it. And was Hugely disappointed.
I won't go in to details, but if its a sequel, most are a fan whom purchase it in the first place, and in my case - Same goes with Star Wars - Love the originals-hate the Prequels.

So, Im delighted that MW2 turned outas good as it did. And by now I've finally gotten tired of COD4 and W @ W.

A FanBOY is someone who will support a product simply because of the name or creator, and not because of the quality of the product. See if you were a wolfenstein fanboy, you would be defending the remake even though you knew it blew out the ass.

zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 zomglolcats
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"]If they released a demo, I'd be willing to rate it honestly. However, I'm not paying $60 to try a game I most likely won't enjoy.Too_tight_shoes

I'm sure the game itself is enjoyable. I'd be shocked if IW was even capable of making a terrible FPS (in terms of actual FPS gameplay). The bigger question is, why would I want to get MW2 if I can just load up any number of FPS games already? I own just about every Valve FPS, CoD4, BF2, etc. The final nail in the coffin for me actually was the 9v9 limit. Even if the p2p lag was nonexistent, that would still be a limiting factor.
da_bomb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 da_bomb123
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

So far, I've read a couple "Gamespot" members' review of Modern Warfare 2, and I have to say, "How couldsome of these folksgive this game a 'Dysmal or even a Mediocre' rating"?

Xsan3

Looking at the game in isolation it probably deserves a 7 or 7.5. The reason I gave it a 1.0 is because it is not taking PC gaming where I, and a lot of PC gamers want PC gaming to go. If it were developed and published by small/not very well known companies then I wouldn't give this game a second thought and just ignore it. Unfortunately a lot of developers in the PC gaming industry will develop future games based on EA's and IW's model (they are considered leaders) and I believe it is wrong. This is why the game gets a 1.0.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

gosmo

A FanBOY is someone who will support a product simply because of the name or creator, and not because of the quality of the product. See if you were a wolfenstein fanboy, you would be defending the remake even though you knew it blew out the ass.

Appearantly you didnt read the part that I was disappointed in Wolfenstein, and was not defending it. Nor am I defending COD6. Just commenting that people don't know how to rate a game...

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"] I disagree..When talking about a game Sequal - more than likely, most who purchase the game will obviously be a fan of atleast Modern Warfare 1. Cause if the first was no good - than the second would probably have not been made?

Xsan3

Appearantly you didnt read the part that I was disappointed in Wolfenstein, and was not defending it. Nor am I defending COD6. Just commenting that people don't know how to rate a game...

Ok, so do you expect us all to give it 8.0+ scores?

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

fudgeblood

I think he's expecting us all to rate the game after we play it and decide if it's good or bad or mediocre.

fudgeblood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fudgeblood

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

Baranga

I think he's expecting us all to rate the game after we play it and decide if it's good or bad or mediocre.

And who's saying that the people who did rate it badly havn't already played the game? And also, who's to say that the people that gave the game all fantastic scores, 9.5 10/10 etc actually played the game?
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts
[QUOTE="zomglolcats"]If they released a demo, I'd be willing to rate it honestly. However, I'm not paying $60 to try a game I most likely won't enjoy.Too_tight_shoes

There's no way I'm paying $60 for about 4-5 hours of game play. With the ultra short campaign (see IGN's review) and the pointless multi player on the PC that comes out to more than $10 pr hour of game play. It might be a fun 4-5 hours but DAMN..
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

fudgeblood

And who's saying that the people who did rate it badly havn't already played the game? And also, who's to say that the people that gave the game all fantastic scores, 9.5 10/10 etc actually played the game?

I never mentioned high scores.

I find it hard to believe that in less than 24 hours over 500 PC-focused Gamespot users completed the campaign (5 hours), the 23 spec-ops missions (more than 5 hours according to IGN) and played enough of the multiplayer to accurately rate it.

What do you think about IGN player rating of 1.2, eh? Look at all these 0.0 reviews over there!

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xsan3

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

Baranga

*bing* Branga hit it exactly. A lot of you should research how a Terrible or even a Mediocre game is judged and rated. I'm not saying COD6 deserves a great-Top score, but atleast try and score the game for what its worth.

Tresca_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tresca_
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts

Just be thankful they are getting low scores and aren't getting done for extortion. Paying £10 extra for the air inside the box.

I wouldn't mind playing through the campaign, but at that price they can take their marketing plans and go to blazes.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

Xsan3

*bing* Branga hit it exactly. A lot of you should research how a Terrible or even a Mediocre game is judged and rated. I'm not saying COD6 deserves a great-Top score, but atleast try and score the game for what its worth.

I seriously doubt anyone actually considered those reviews legit. People didn't rate the game 1 or 0 or 10 or whatever to make it look like a legit review. It's simply a way for consumers to express themselves. Call it the bumber stickers of the internet :P
zomglolcats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 zomglolcats
[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

Mazoch

I seriously doubt anyone actually considered those reviews legit. People didn't rate the game 1 or 0 or 10 or whatever to make it look like a legit review. It's simply a way for consumers to express themselves. Call it the bumber stickers of the internet :P

Yeah. People need to remember the backlash Spore received for SecuROM. Now EA stopped using it. Things can change if people complain loudly enough. Sure, the reviews might not be entirely fair, but they send a clear message.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Mazoch"][QUOTE="Xsan3"]*bing* Branga hit it exactly. A lot of you should research how a Terrible or even a Mediocre game is judged and rated. I'm not saying COD6 deserves a great-Top score, but atleast try and score the game for what its worth.

zomglolcats

Yeah. People need to remember the backlash Spore received for SecuROM. Now EA stopped using it. Things can change if people complain loudly enough. Sure, the reviews might not be entirely fair, but they send a clear message.

Those are actually very good points of reasoning. I suppose you're right. If enough folks were to give Low scores continuously due to a single aspect of a game - there could be a possibility of a patch or something in the future. So these are good perspectives.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

[QUOTE="zomglolcats"][QUOTE="Mazoch"] I seriously doubt anyone actually considered those reviews legit. People didn't rate the game 1 or 0 or 10 or whatever to make it look like a legit review. It's simply a way for consumers to express themselves. Call it the bumber stickers of the internet :PXsan3

Those are actually very good points of reasoning. I suppose you're right. If enough folks were to give Low scores continuously due to a single aspect of a game - there could be a possibility of a patch or something in the future. So these are good perspectives.

While you are getting the right idea now, the main complaint from people is the online infrastructure. And no matter how loudly we complain, IW aren't going patch in dedicated servers. We're complaining loudly to make sure the next CoD game doesn't have such terrible online. That and I didn't think the game was that great in general. Not bad enough to warrant anything under a 7, but not really good enough to warrant anything higher than and 8.7-ish score.
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Xsan3

RE:kieranb200

Personally, I hated the Admin priveleges on COD4 & 5. I'd usually get booted by the Admin for some ridiculous reason like; running, using a knife, too many kills - ignorant stuff-too many Admins claiming too many rules per server. And I really despised 40 and 50 players to a room. It seemed like all the best Ping'd servers either had too many players or too many Admin rules.

So I really like the lack of control from others... And I understand taht most don't. However, I also really like the MOD service that both 4 & 5 offered. I didn't even think about that after I began playing. That will certainly be sorely missed. :( Regardless - it's still not a bad game, certainly not at the bottom of the bargain bin.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
i don't really see a problem with it. it's just them protesting the game. much like how ppl protested to spore's drm and such. it wasn't about the core of the game itself but rather the choices the publishers/devs made.
gosmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gosmo

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

[QUOTE="Xsan3"] I disagree..When talking about a game Sequal - more than likely, most who purchase the game will obviously be a fan of atleast Modern Warfare 1. Cause if the first was no good - than the second would probably have not been made?

Xsan3

No no no, I was stating that you WERENT a wolfenstein fanboy because you were dissapointed in it.

"See if you were a wolfenstein fanboy, you would be defending the remake even though you knew it blew out the ass."

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

So now we have to pay $60 to have a valid opinion?
Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

[QUOTE="gosmo"]

gosmo

No no no, I was stating that you WERENT a wolfenstein fanboy because you were dissapointed in it.

"See if you were a wolfenstein fanboy, you would be defending the remake even though you knew it blew out the ass."

Ah, I see - all appologies then in my defense. So yeah - I was a Huge fan of previous Wolfenstein - but the new remake-yes, indeed blew out the A$$.

IN the case of COD fanboyism - I welcome any new changes to the original Modern Warfare...Especially if the graphics are beefed up a bit more. And to clairify about my defending COD6 - im not trying to defend it at all, it just urks me when I see ridiculous lowscores on decent games.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Xsan3

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

psychobrew

Valid opinion yes - oppositional price opinion is different. I think all prices are over rated for games - but that was mentioned in one of my other posts.
How are you going to say the game is BAD if you've never even played it??

Pvt_r3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pvt_r3d
Member since 2006 • 7901 Posts
Wow, I can't believe the many 1 ratings people are giving it. I'm not going to buy the game myself because of the dedicated servers announcement but I'm not going to rate a game a 1 just because of it.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Baranga

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="fudgeblood"]

psychobrew

Is the opinion valid if you don't know what you're talking about?

Is the whole point of user reviews ignored or distored?

It's fascinating to see Internet users uniting like this, but the line must be drawn somewhere before manipulating and destroying truly useful features. Make a reasonable review, give the game the points it deserves for SP, co-op, production values and story and detract the points it deserves to be retracted for the MP, but don't be extreme. Defaulting to the extreme example doesn't help your argument.

Xsan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Xsan3

Wow, I can't believe the many 1 ratings people are giving it. I'm not going to buy the game myself because of the dedicated servers announcement but I'm not going to rate a game a 1 just because of it.Pvt_r3d
Exactly. Like when Spore came out, I was so disappointed at, everything.! I even hated it, but I still wouldn't have given it a 1 or Less.. maybe a 5 though. llol

naval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 naval
Member since 2003 • 11108 Posts

Even worse : User Score: 1.3 (440 Votes). Ouch :lol:

Ps : While I am certainly enjoying the backlash (which will not matter much), but I don't think rating the game low just because you don't agree with company's decision is a good idea. If you don't agree don't bu

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

Xsan3

Valid opinion yes - oppositional price opinion is different. I think all prices are over rated for games - but that was mentioned in one of my other posts.

Why would you buy it if you think the game is going to be bad? The people who buy it will no doubt be biased in favor of it, so the scores are biased no matter how you look at it. All indications are this will be a sub par PC game. It might be fine on a console, but PC gamers are used to so much more.

IbnLaAhad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 IbnLaAhad
Member since 2009 • 1326 Posts

Either trolls or people turned off by IW and Activision's decisions.

Remember, if it isn't a valid/proper review, REPORT IT.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 psychobrew
[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Baranga"]

Is the opinion valid if you don't know what you're talking about?

Is the whole point of user reviews ignored or distored?

It's fascinating to see Internet users uniting like this, but the line must be drawn somewhere before manipulating and destroying truly useful features. Make a reasonable review, give the game the points it deserves for SP, co-op, production values and story and detract the points it deserves to be retracted for the MP, but don't be extreme. Defaulting to the extreme example doesn't help your argument.

You can gain information by watching gameplay vids and looking at specs. It might not be quite the same as actually buying it, but you can certainly get an idea. In my opinion, this game is a big step backwards for PC gamers. I don't need the game to form that opinion.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Baranga

Why would you buy it if you think the game is going to be bad? The people who buy it will no doubt be biased in favor of it, so the scores are biased no matter how you look at it. All indications are this will be a sub par PC game. It might be fine on a console, but PC gamers are used to so much more.

psychobrew

All indications are that the MP will be downgraded. Downgraded doesn't mean not fun, just less fun. Fun is what matters most.

I'm afraid the biased in favour of it thingy is a very flawed logic. Interested doesn't mean biased. If it were so, nobody would be disappointed by their purchases.

I see no point in rating a game if you don't play it. It's downright trolling.

Tyrone77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Tyrone77
Member since 2008 • 223 Posts

[QUOTE="Xsan3"]

[QUOTE="psychobrew"] So now we have to pay $60 to have a valid opinion?psychobrew

I agree with this last comment. I personally feel that the PC game community giving the game a low rating is sending a message to IW and all other game publishers. It's all about the message in this case.

da_bomb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 da_bomb123
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]

Baranga

All indications are that the MP will be downgraded. Downgraded doesn't mean not fun, just less fun. Fun is what matters most.

I'm afraid the biased in favour of it thingy is a very flawed logic. Interested doesn't mean biased. If it were so, nobody would be disappointed by their purchases.

I see no point in rating a game if you don't play it. It's downright trolling.

That's like saying I can't give Bush 'a bad rating' without first having experienced him being in office for 4 more years.