WoW expansion at 49.99$ / 45 Euros --- Is this a joke ? Are you buying it ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

Poll WoW expansion at 49.99$ / 45 Euros --- Is this a joke ? Are you buying it ? (42 votes)

Definitly i will 19%
No fuking way 62%
Im waiting a price cut before i do 10%
10%

I learned about new WoW expansion , went to my region online shop and i saw an INSANE price ... I mean , INSAAAAAANE !!!

45 euros = 60$ !!! Did you read it ? 60$ !!! I mean , do they expect me to pay that amount of money for a wow expansion ... If we add the fact that they announced that in Europe subscription fees will go up after expansion except if you sub for 2 years ... What the F is goin on , i mean ... this is so ridicullous i dont know what to think.

Is it their last expansion and they want to make as much as possible since they dropped from 12M subs some years ago to 6 , means they see WoWs death near while theyll need to promote their new MMORPG soon enough ( TITAN ) in 2-3 years from now ?

What do you guys think about this ? Are you buying this ? Do you think price is ok ?

• 
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

https://ebgames.com.au/pc-164711-World-of-WarCraft-Warlords-of-Draenor-PC
(that's here, Australia)

Aren't all WoW expansions around this price though?

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

I quit Wow a long time ago and never going back. So many great games now, don't need subscription stuff anymore. Plus not buying anything from Blizzard anymore.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Expansion for that price??? Wow that is expensive. The expansion better be frickin huge. Not that I'll buy it. Played WoW for 10 minutes and that's that.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

(that's here, Australia)

no, im pretty sure all the expansions have been $40USD

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58963 Posts

In the UK expansion packs are typically £19.99. They are attempting to sell this for £34.99.

A 10 year old game. With a recently raised subscription price to £9. + Selling £40 power boosts + £20 - £40 mounts + £20 - £40 armour

**** off comes to mind.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Lets see here

1. For a large portion of the game, each race had only one Face with different textures, I havent seen the new ones yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if those were just rushed out to meet with consumer demand
  2. Subscription Costs rise
  3. Cash Shop on a sub fee game with grossly overpriced items
  4. Garrisons are tacked on and nowhere near as good as advertised, serving as little more than an instanced daily hub
  5. Each class has roughly 8 active skills to manage. Warriors and Deathknights in particular were cannibalized.
  6. The new expansion seems to do nothing to fix issues with the current talent system.
  7. Only 2 raiding tiers throughout the entire expansion pack, if rumors are to be believed, and the person interviewed was correct.
  8. The Legendary item will be a ring... an item you cant even show off.
  9. WoW is at a decline
  10. Not every model will be updated at launch, causing model quality inconsistancy which has cause a really ugly effect on visuals. Just look at Gran Turismo 5.
  11. The fact that the updated models seem to be the main selling point is another issue in itself.
  12. No new mounts you can earn ingame according to a tweet from Blizzard, but plenty of new cash shop mounts
  13. Blizzard's talent is leaving, resulting in a game left to the hands of the weaker members
  14. The dungeons I have seen thus far are incredibly short, and overall lacking in content.
  15. Speaking of dungeons, only 6 at launch.
  16. Speaking of a lack of content, one zone will be postponed, that being Plains of Farahlon (Netherstorm).
  17. If the trailer is anything to go by, the writing is worse than ever.
  18. Certain characters will be terribly handled, I would say what, but this site wont let me use spoiler tags for some reason.

I think my answer is obvious. No, not even going f2p would make me return to WoW now.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

Lets see here

1. For a large portion of the game, each race had only one Face with different textures, I havent seen the new ones yet, but I wouldnt be surprised if those were just rushed out to meet with consumer demand
  4. Garrisons are tacked on and nowhere near as good as advertised, serving as little more than an instanced daily hub
  5. Each class has roughly 8 active skills to manage. Warriors and Deathknights in particular were cannibalized.
  6. The new expansion seems to do nothing to fix issues with the current talent system.
  7. Only 2 raiding tiers throughout the entire expansion pack, if rumors are to be believed, and the person interviewed was correct.
  9. WoW is at a decline
  10. Not every model will be updated at launch, causing model quality inconsistancy which has cause a really ugly effect on visuals. Just look at Gran Turismo 5.
  11. The fact that the updated models seem to be the main selling point is another issue in itself.
  12. No new mounts you can earn ingame according to a tweet from Blizzard, but plenty of new cash shop mounts
  13. Blizzard's talent is leaving, resulting in a game left to the hands of the weaker members
  14. The dungeons I have seen thus far are incredibly short, and overall lacking in content.
  16. Speaking of a lack of content, one zone will be postponed, that being Plains of Farahlon (Netherstorm).
  18. Certain characters will be terribly handled, I would say what, but this site wont let me use spoiler tags for some reason.

I think my answer is obvious. No, not even going f2p would make me return to WoW now.

And yet people still play it and claim it's the best MMO on the market. Some things never cease to amaze me.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

ewww MMOs.....

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Lets see here

9. WoW is at a decline

Way to blow things out of proportion....so dramatic.

Man you are jumping to conclusions like mad. Don't want to play it....don't.

I mean the "writing is bad based off of the trailer"? You haven't seen the face textures but you "wouldn't be surprised if they were just rushed out"? And your number 10....I just don't even know what to say about that. It's just ridiculous...so we are now comparing WoW to Gran Turismo 5?

And "WoW is at a decline"....it ALWAYS is right before a new expansion....ALWAYS....happens every time.

Personally I'll wait and see myself before deciding everything wrong with the game.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

Why is $60 insane? Did you play it? Do you know how much content there is? Most of the expansions have hundreds of hours of gameplay. Are you joking?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Maroxad

@FelipeInside Fair enough right now, since those issues will come with Warlords of Draenor, unless Blizzard does something fast. As for Warlords of Draenor, that expansions pack is getting bashed all over the place, by WoWers as well as everyone else. The skill pruning is the most controversial design choice of them all, but there are several others which makes many WoWers wonder whether or not they should quit.

@BSC14 said:

Way to blow things out of proportion....so dramatic.

Man you are jumping to conclusions like mad. Don't want to play it....don't.

I mean the "writing is bad based off of the trailer"? You haven't seen the face textures but you "wouldn't be surprised if they were just rushed out"? And your number 10....I just don't even know what to say about that. It's just ridiculous...so we are now comparing WoW to Gran Turismo 5?

And "WoW is at a decline"....it ALWAYS is right before a new expansion....ALWAYS....happens every time.

Personally I'll wait and see myself before deciding everything wrong with the game.

Nothing I said is blown out of proporiton.

While a few of those are jumping to conclusions. Those conclusions I did jump to are based on past experience. I am dont want to play it, and I wont, much like how I wont play Sims 4, but I will still warn people about how horribly that game is being handled, same goes for this WoW expansion.

WoW's writing is already terrible, with Chris Metzen being far more interested in his transformers comics. Said writing has also been in a downwards spiral for after WotLK. First a completely forgettable villain (deathwing) who shatters the world and Chris Metzen's Gary Stu getting married in a utterly laughable way, then pandas and the terrible siege of orgrimmar, and what is there now, the next expansion being a what if story, that cant even stay consistant in its own artwork? The trailer was just the next step in the ever declining downwards spiral WoW's writing is going through. And that is all there is to it. Also, I am not comparing anything to Gran Turismo 5, but rather using it as an example of what happens when you leave incredibly inconsistant graphics quality in a game. Spoiler alert: It aint pretty.

WoW is always at a decline near the end of an expansion, but not to this extent.

I would rather not waste my money. Blizzard has given me a year to impress me, yet all they have done is reminded me of just why Blizzard is no longer a part of my holy trinity of game developers, but rather in the "very low" tier. None of the stuff there are anything I made up, but rather things that are verified by people who played the beta, blizzard themselves and from looking at the maps.

Maybe I just miss the days too much when expansions actually expanded on the game. Here is The Burning Crusade

• Level cap raised to 70
  • New world: Outlands
  • 2 new races
  • Jewelcrafting profession
  • Item sockets
  • Arenas
  • Flying mounts
  • Over 10 new non raid dungeons.
  • 3 raids at launch
  • 1 New battleground
  • A storyline that actually continues WoW's storyline

That list is far more exciting than what WoD does, and it even costs less. You are paying more for less, and I think that is a very silly thing to do. It is your money, but I wont spend money on having the game developers take stuff away from me.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

(that's here, Australia)

No i remember they were between 29.99 to 39 ( i own them all ) ... not 49 ! I mean , what is THAT better in this expansion that previous ones to pay a full retail price of a game ? 50 let alone 60$ for a wow expansion ... let alone subs will go up too ... Baaah .. ill pass ! I wont do it this time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#13 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I might actually reinstall WoW for shits and giggles if it went F2P and you didn't have to buy the game or its expansions...

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts
@k3ck said:

Why is $60 insane? Did you play it? Do you know how much content there is? Most of the expansions have hundreds of hours of gameplay. Are you joking?

Sir .. im paying upon that for those hundreds of hours every months ... so please with this pathetic excuse and no im not joking at all. 60$ for an expansion is too much to ask for Europeans let alone a raise to their subs at the same time. -1 here for this bullshit.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BSC14

@Maroxad:

I'll agree 100% with panda land. I hate pretty much everything about it now. The dungeons were terrible and the panda race is equally as bad. Other than some of the zones being incredibly nice looking imo, it was a pretty weak expansion. That said I still think you're jumping to conclusions.

As far as it's decline...it's 10 years old now and nothing last forever. I think the fact that it's still holding millions of players is proof it's done something right. Plus a lot of people are taking a break while they wait for the new expansion. In the end I would put money on it going back up to 9+ million players before it's all said and done.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Lol, are they increasing the subscription fees? The money hatting has become strong in WoW.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BSC14

@MlauTheDaft said:

Lol, are they increasing the subscription fees? The money hatting has become strong in WoW.

I have not heard this at all.....I'm about to ask on the boards to see if there is any truth to it.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@BSC14 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

I have not heard this at all.....I'm about to ask on the boards to see if there is any truth to it.

That's what I get from this thread at least.

Also, what's up with notifications on GS? mine are broken.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BSC14

@MlauTheDaft said:

@BSC14 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Yeah I know.

Here is what I'm getting:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13979457809#1

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MlauTheDaft

@BSC14 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

@BSC14 said:

@MlauTheDaft said:

Yeah I know.

Here is what I'm getting:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13979457809#1

Ah yeah, seems like it's just the english and possibly the rest of us europeans getting shafted :)

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad

@MlauTheDaft said:

Ah yeah, seems like it's just the english and possibly the rest of us europeans getting shafted :)

Indeed, it is the UK citizens getting a price hike. And while it isnt by a lot, it is more the thought that bothers me more than anything.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

So let's say I buy this expansion and boost my Warlock to 90. (I left him in the middle of the Lich King land about level 70 or something, don't remember).

Do I all of a sudden get a new quest story arc? or do I just wonder around lost trying to find max level quests?

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

So let's say I buy this expansion and boost my Warlock to 90. (I left him in the middle of the Lich King land about level 70 or something, don't remember).

Do I all of a sudden get a new quest story arc? or do I just wonder around lost trying to find max level quests?

If you boost it now the game puts you in the TImeless Isle when you hit the expansion I am sure you will get the auto quest that starts the expansion.

I am know I am one of the few that play WoW on these boards, but my wife and I will be buying it day 1.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

@Arthas045 said:

@FelipeInside said:

If you boost it now the game puts you in the TImeless Isle when you hit the expansion I am sure you will get the auto quest that starts the expansion.

I am know I am one of the few that play WoW on these boards, but my wife and I will be buying it day 1.

Thanks Arthas.

Is there any type of story quests on the Timeless Isle?

I like to follow a story in MMOs, not into PvP or Raiding etc.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Arthas045 said:

@FelipeInside said:

Thanks Arthas.

Is there any type of story quests on the Timeless Isle?

I like to follow a story in MMOs, not into PvP or Raiding etc.

More or less you learn about the island because it supposedly only shows up once every thousand years. Also of course the Alliance/Horde stand (these guy destroy everything wherever they go....)

Realmjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 Realmjumper
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts

Definitely too much just wait for it to be like 20-30 dollars.

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I did quit 2 years ago, Wow is Dead nothing gonna bring it back ........ the only thing I miss the community ....

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BSC14

@Jawad2007 said:

I did quit 2 years ago, Wow is Dead nothing gonna bring it back ........ the only thing I miss the community ....

Dead to you maybe, but very far from dead.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

@Maroxad said:

Lets see here

9. WoW is at a decline

1. Some of them look good, some of them I can hardly tell the difference. Those look 99% identical with some very minor adjustments. Not nearly good enough. The art team has been great at taking on criticisms.
3. Their cash shop is disgusting. It's PWE levels of cash grab. A few pets here and there wasn't bad, thought they were overpriced even then but wasn't anything big. Then they turned it into what it is now.
4. Sadly true.5. I'm leveling an Orc Warrior right now so I can have memories of the good times. At least we got heroic strike back.
6. Agreed. It's PvE talent, PvP talent, and extremely rare situational talent.
8. Everyone is gonna have it. Would barely have any meaning anyway. And if it's going to be as bad of a grind as the cloak from MoP I wouldn't care no matter what item it was.
10. Only Blood Elfs will miss launch. Really looking forward to them though.
11. Wouldn't be bad if it was updated and expanded. Instead it's updated with some features and butchered others.
12. There's A LOT of new mounts you can get from Draenor. Don't know where you read that.
13. I really wonder what effect Pardo leaving will have in the long run. Hope someone can pull some info from him in the future. Ghostcrawler leaving and CC being massively cut down in PvP is a positive to me.
16. They even said Farahlon might not be in the game, and one connected zone is being delayed for a patch. We won't even see the ogre zone (But maybe in a future expansion according to a dev, cause we really have a reason to come back to what-if alternate land after this expansion.)
17. But aren't you enjoying all the nostalgia? Everyone loves Orcs! Plz give us money... (Although the new short story they just put up was really good. They need to replace their lead writers with whoever has been writing these.)
18. I've seen those questlines. Absolutely awful.

This expansion is a train wreck. Hard to believe Blizzard has managed to completely **** up an expansion before launch. Usually they just screw up one patch if even that. After the longest waiting period for new content, we get a more expensive expansion with more cash shop stuff and less game content than other expansions have given us.

Waiting for a price cut, unless my friends aren't playing by the time that comes around.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Maroxad

@ChubbyGuy40 said:

12. There's A LOT of new mounts you can get from Draenor. Don't know where you read that.

This expansion is a train wreck. Hard to believe Blizzard has managed to completely **** up an expansion before launch. Usually they just screw up one patch if even that. After the longest waiting period for new content, we get a more expensive expansion with more cash shop stuff and less game content than other expansions have given us.

Waiting for a price cut, unless my friends aren't playing by the time that comes around.

12. It was a quote from a Blizzard employee which resulted in a PR disaster. Blizzard removed the tweet sometime afterwards. If what you say is true, it was either miscommunication or Blizzard changed their minds.

The expansion pack does indeed look like a trainwreck. But assuming your friends do get it before a price cut, go play it with them, even with the decline of quality, the game should still be fun with friends.

Blutfahne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By Blutfahne
Member since 2014 • 276 Posts

We can't blame WoW we can only blame the poor poor saps who gobble this up. Let us pray.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BSC14

Always with the doom and gloom when it comes to a new WoW expansion....yet it's never as bad as everyone says...except the panda race.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

Wrath was level 80 cap, you have never made it to end game in a mmo why do you even bother............. You dont have a clue about mmos why do you post about them, in every single mmo thread? What is wrong with you?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By FelipeInside

@Advid-Gamer said:

@FelipeInside said:

Wrath was level 80 cap, you have never made it to end game in a mmo why do you even bother............. You dont have a clue about mmos why do you post about them, in every single mmo thread? What is wrong with you?

Look, I found a picture of you on the net:

I thought your mum had let you leave the house? guess not.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Actually I live In Maui, havent lived at my Mums in over 15 years. Stop projecting

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside

@Advid-Gamer said:

Actually I live In Maui, havent lived at my Mums in over 15 years. Stop projecting

Maybe you should go back to living with your mum, or better still new parents. She obviously never taught you manners.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

Already pre purchased and boosted a character.

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

I will be getting it if my friends get it.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad

@BSC14 said:

Always with the doom and gloom when it comes to a new WoW expansion....yet it's never as bad as everyone says...except the panda race.

I dunno, I remember seeing a lot of hype for TBC, Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. The only expansion packs I saw doom and gloom before release for were Mists of Pandaria (an expansion pack that was pretty poorly recieved by the gaming community anyways) and now this expansion pack.

@Advid-Gamer said:

You seem to suffer from some serious insecurities. I suggest you visit a psychologist. Not to mention, why must he reach the level cap in an mmo to have some clue about them? And thus post in the mmo threads. It is a topic that interests him so...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

@Maroxad said:

@BSC14 said:

I dunno, I remember seeing a lot of hype for TBC, Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm. The only expansion packs I saw doom and gloom before release for were Mists of Pandaria (an expansion pack that was pretty poorly recieved by the gaming community anyways) and now this expansion pack.

@Advid-Gamer said:

You seem to suffer from some serious insecurities. I suggest you visit a psychologist. Not to mention, why must he reach the level cap in an mmo to have some clue about them? And thus post in the mmo threads. It is a topic that interests him so...

Friends circle jerking each other. Im over it, been over it. You guys can have each-other, this is the most boring Pc game forum that exists now. Have at it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@AzatiS not sure if you're joking or just new to gaming...

Anyway it's nothing new that every WoW expansion went 60$, just like any CoD games or basically anything that fanboys will pay for cheap copy paste game.

I don't encourage such behaviour but if the money keeps coming, I'd be doing the same thing (hey if taking advantage of stupid people works these days, why not? it's called easy money)

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BSC14

@Advid-Gamer said:

@Maroxad said:

@BSC14 said:

@Advid-Gamer said:

Friends circle jerking each other. Im over it, been over it. You guys can have each-other, this is the most boring Pc game forum that exists now. Have at it.

Well you're right about this board sucking now but you were a bit out of line attacking the guy the way you did.

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#43  Edited By SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I was thinking about it but I am really not at all interested in another Orc-centric expansion. They just aren't interesting characters to me. Blizzard had so many promising characters that could have taken in a new direction, but instead they decided to try and relive the glory days of WC1/2 and retrod a storyline the had been Done. To. Death. They are just beating a dead horse at this point.

I was kind of excited about the changes to skills and cutting ability bloat, but that isn't enough to get me to buy a new expansion especially at $50. Plus their track record since Wrath has been pretty bad, Cata and Pandaland have steadily declined in terms of content and quality. I have maybe played Pandaland for 4-5 months total since it was released. Cata probably less than that. With all my buddies leaving there is even less incentive to buy it. I have come to that particular realization after getting benched on Garrosh by guildies who I thought were friends because my class/spec couldn't pull enough DPS (spoiler: they still couldn't down him that night even with a 250k DPS because they didn't have enough AoE or heals). So I'm pretty ambivalent to raiding atm.

Anyway. I may buy it somewhere down the line and maybe faction change my lvl 80 hunter to Alliance to see the Draenei storyline, but I can't see myself sitting through another orc-centric expansion and shopping for a new guild who's raid leader isn't a tantrum throwing dick with the stress tolerance of Tasmanian devil.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
@SerOlmy said:

I was thinking about it but I am really not at all interested in another Orc-centric expansion. They just aren't interesting characters to me. Blizzard had so many promising characters that could have taken in a new direction, but instead they decided to try and relive the glory days of WC1/2 and retrod a storyline the had been Done. To. Death. They are just beating a dead horse at this point.

I was kind of excited about the changes to skills and cutting ability bloat, but that isn't enough to get me to buy a new expansion especially at $50. Plus their track record since Wrath has been pretty bad, Cata and Pandaland have steadily declined in terms of content and quality. I have maybe played Pandaland for 4-5 months total since it was released. Cata probably less than that. With all my buddies leaving there is even less incentive to buy it. I have come to that particular realization after getting benched on Garrosh by guildies who I thought were friends because my class/spec couldn't pull enough DPS (spoiler: they still couldn't down him that night even with a 250k DPS because they didn't have enough AoE or heals). So I'm pretty ambivalent to raiding atm.

Anyway. I may buy it somewhere down the line and maybe faction change my lvl 80 hunter to Alliance to see the Draenei storyline, but I can't see myself sitting through another orc-centric expansion and shopping for a new guild who's raid leader isn't a tantrum throwing dick with the stress tolerance of Tasmanian devil.

Yeah it always kills me how serious people take these games, it's like your working a second job that your paying to do.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maroxad

I just wanted to correct a few things I said, as well as add a few more stuff (because this game is looking worse and worse every day).

1. Farahlon was appearantly cut entirely.
  2. Tanaan Jungle was pushed back to patch content
  3. No new Capitols
  4. No heirloom tab
  5. No new Battleground or arena
  6. New models while more detailed, lack the soul of the old models
  7. Garrisons have absolutely no customization and doesnt even allow you to choose no location
  8. I was wrong about there being no new mounts. HOWEVER, there are no new PvP mounts
  9. Speaking of mounts. Store mounts will be advertised ingame.