Will the RAZER Black Widow be reliable?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

I love razer but i bought a lycosa keyboard a couple months ago and it started having problems from the start. I checked forums and just about everyone had a faulty lycosa. I just want to know if im gonna be wasting another 80 bucks on a keyboard that would have same problems as lycosa..or did razer actually take their time with this one. Thanks :)

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

I love razer but i bought a lycosa keyboard a couple months ago and it started having problems from the start. I checked forums and just about everyone had a faulty lycosa. I just want to know if im gonna be wasting another 80 bucks on a keyboard that would have same problems as lycosa..or did razer actually take their time with this one. Thanks :)

bleacher6
Not sure what your talking about. One board does not equal the world my friend. I have a Lycosa keyboard and it has yet to give me a single problem. I am sure the Widow is no different. You will always find some people that have problems, while the majority do not.
the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

[QUOTE="bleacher6"]

millerlight89

Not sure what your talking about. One board does not equal the world my friend. I have a Lycosa keyboard and it has yet to give me a single problem. I am sure the Widow is no different. You will always find some people that have problems, while the majority do not.

No the Lycosa was notoriously bad, especially those who go the first batch. I had one and the media keys gave me trouble to no end plus it conflicted with my razer mouse causing it to cut out until I pressed a button on the keyboard (weird). I threw it out after less than a year and got a G110 instead.

Anyways on the other hand I've had a Copperhead for years and its been a great and reliable mouse. Razer do make the best gaming mice.

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

i have 2 lycosa, 3 mambas, and 2 carchias...havnt had any problems

quijeros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 quijeros
Member since 2008 • 1728 Posts

There's no way of telling for now, seeing as the Black Widow just came out. It'd be best to wait for several months and see what people have to say.

As for me, I'm a little confused with some of the design choices they made for the Black Widow, like the key switches (Cherry MX Blue, seriously?) and moving the function row over. Also, their keyboard designs are just too... ricey, but that boils down to personal preference. However, I still think that $80 for a mechanical is a pretty good deal if it turns out to be sturdy and reliable like they're advertising.

For now, the first batch of BlackWidows are already sold out and are on backorder until the 29th. From what I've seen, initial impressions for the keyboard are positive, and there are several reviews you can find on YouTube and OCN.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Should be more reliable on average as it's mechanical but obviously any object can fail. No matter what you buy the unit you get could be faulty.

However, I still think that $80 for a mechanical is a pretty good deal if it turns out to be sturdy and reliable like they're advertising.

quijeros
Though you don't get full N-Key roll over as it's native USB. You should take a look at the Steelseries 6G if you want a comparitively cheap mechanical board with full n-key support.
Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Creigz
Member since 2010 • 187 Posts

It is a mechanical keyboard, it should be pretty damn reliable. Basically every key is separate on a mechanical keyboard. They are heavier and usually more expensive. They are totally worth it.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Thanks to all answers...yeah i guess ill just wait a couple months and see how the reviews go.

SolidBALLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidBALLz
Member since 2004 • 36 Posts

i got a problem with my blackwidow i cant use the config program to program my keys, meaning i cant use my marco key that ARE ON THE BOARD. everytime i startup the program it tells me, no razer blackwidow connected, application will now close wtf?!?!

fooZar777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fooZar777
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts

Anyways on the other hand I've had a Copperhead for years and its been a great and reliable mouse. Razer do make the best gaming mice.

the_mitch28

I'm currently on my 4th copperhead in three and a half years. :roll: