Will STALKER 2 ever happen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PVt0ppression

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PVt0ppression
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I know that the original team departed and created Vostok Games and are making Survarium in the spirit of STALKER 2 but I don't think they'll be able to recapture the immersiveness and atmosphere of the STALKER games in an online MMO. You'll always have people online flaming each other, making stupid comments and crouch dancing around which totally ruins what I loved about the STALKER games. Looking at Alpha gameplay of Survarium I saw some worrying signs. It looked similar to an arena shooter when playing a mission against other players, they now have hit markers, and the running and moving looked much more fluid and floaty than the iconic "slowjog" of the STALKER games. As most know STALKER 2 is considered dead but technically on "Hold", is there any chance of it being revived, in all its single player, atmospheric world glory?
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

I know that the original team departed and created Vostok Games and are making Survarium in the spirit of STALKER 2 but I don't think they'll be able to recapture the immersiveness and atmosphere of the STALKER games in an online MMO. You'll always have people online flaming each other, making stupid comments and crouch dancing around which totally ruins what I loved about the STALKER games. Looking at Alpha gameplay of Survarium I saw some worrying signs. It looked similar to an arena shooter when playing a mission against other players, they now have hit markers, and the running and moving looked much more fluid and floaty than the iconic "slowjog" of the STALKER games. As most know STALKER 2 is considered dead but technically on "Hold", is there any chance of it being revived, in all its single player, atmospheric world glory?PVt0ppression

In the hands of another developer, do you really want a sequel? I think there's many instances where a franchise should just die instead of turning into something completely different and ruining the franchise. Just me though.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
It's not likely. The owner could always sell the name but has been very reluctant to do so so far. I'd say the chances are pretty low.
Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

Survarium

This is what the Stalker guys have been up to

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Survarium

Iantheone
Was getting really excited, then I saw multiplayer...then f2p.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
[QUOTE="Iantheone"]

Survarium

millerlight89
Was getting really excited, then I saw multiplayer...then f2p.

Yep. I don't see S2 happening anywhere in the near future so no.
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

A little sketchy about Survarium being made from the people who worked on the Stalker games because its a free 2 play MMO that means they will need some way to make money so it might be some type of pay to win micro transactions :?. I'm no big fan of free 2 play games with a few exceptions I just prefer playing such games single player.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Nope, Suvarium is made up of part of the STALKER team, and GSC have entirely shut off the IP from everyone. STALKER is long gone for now, the best you can hope for is games that take inspiration from it.
SalikSST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#9 SalikSST
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

i still wish for it to happen there is hope is if that stubborn owner of Stalker IP auction it for sale & if Vostok Games buy it back then its a jackpot for stalker fans including me.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

in the vein of the predecessors? Nope, I don't think so

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

I wouldn't worry about it.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
nooooooope
BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Let's start a petition :D

AleksandarTale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AleksandarTale
Member since 2007 • 2906 Posts

I heard the project was canned a couple of months ago, but pretty much everything the devs had worked on thus far had become part of Survarium, a new MMO developed by some of the people who worked on the previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. At least, not anytime soon. 

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

I heard the project was canned a couple of months ago, but pretty much everything the devs had worked on thus far had become part of Survarium, a new MMO developed by some of the people who worked on the previous S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games. So, I wouldn't get my hopes up for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2. At least, not anytime soon. 

AleksandarTale

Not some of the people, it's the same dev team. They just got a new name. Also, they couldn't use what they made for STALKER 2 because they don't own any of it, GSC does. They have to use a different engine for their new game.

Hellenic1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Hellenic1234
Member since 2006 • 201 Posts

I hope so;

right now the stem versions of the previous stalkers; Clear Sky wil not work via steam.. Would anyone be able to help.

I can only get Call of Pryipat to work..

bRavv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bRavv
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I hope so. The atmosphere was great, but I didn't think it reached it's potential. It focused on all this technical jam, while the story / missions / gameplay wasn't that great. Exploring the world was cool, spooky at times. But the combat wasn't what I liked. People didn't move very naturally, lots of bugs. The animals having a foodchain or whatever was forced, or light casting more realistic shadows. All that stuff's just gravy, I want the steak to be good :P. Grenade spam AI's. My favourite part was hunting down anomalies, and exploring ruins. Like there was a giant mining machine, I wish you could climb it better. 3rd person climbing system, ability to hug walls. Cause we're meant to be scavenging this landscape, but then we can barely jump on a box, and forget about a little waist high fence. hehe. But sequels can always get better, so they better get on it!
feverberries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 feverberries
Member since 2013 • 281 Posts

i'd kickstart the crap out of Stalker 2. they would need to make it on some proper engine, though.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#19 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

It won't happen, some of the devs are working on a new mmo style game with stalker style atmosphere.

Also some of the first stalker devs are now part of the metro team.

Of course I would love another Stalker game but I dont see it happening, will have to try the new mmo from the devs when it comes out or just stick with the old Stalker games and the new Metro games (although different they do share same atmosphere).