Why the hell is black ops so bad???

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

morbid_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 morbid_warrior
Member since 2011 • 229 Posts

Why is COD: black ops so bad compared to COD 4 and MW 2????

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

Your opinion.

I personally think its laughable to call MW2 superior to anything.

Deathykins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deathykins
Member since 2007 • 1412 Posts

CoD4 was definitely better, even though I wasn't a fan of it either. But Black Ops is hundreds of times better than MW2, in my opinion.

Swedish_Chef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Swedish_Chef
Member since 2003 • 623 Posts
Granted I only probably put in about 80 hours into BO, but I never remember seeing a noticeable hacker. Unlike in MW2 where I couldn't go 2 games without seeing some dude flying through the air killing everyone through half a dozen walls.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

Blops is made by an inferior company, and they weren't able to put the proper feel into the game that was in MW1 and MW2. MW2 had tons of problems, sure.. but I liked the weapons, weapon feel, maps, killstreak rewardsand overall style of gameplay much more than Black Ops. And we never had to wait months to get a decent framerate in MW2.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#6 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Not as good as COD4 I agree, but I personally think MW2 is much worse then Black Ops and one of the worst in the series (COD3 is the only one that might be as bad).

MW2 is one of the worst games ive played this gen.

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

I definitely don't agee. I think Black Ops is not only a great game, but also the best Call of Duty game since COD2. BO is an excellently-balanced multiplayer game that is very intense, complex and engaging, and yet doesn't take itself too seriously, which keeps the emphasis squarely on fun. Best of all, it has a ton of content, making it probably the only FPS so far to be, in my opinion, worth a $60 price tag.

I never played MW2 because of the lack of dedicated servers, but for what it's worth, I actually thought COD4 was pretty bad overall. No comparison to Black Ops at all in my opinion.

All that said, I have heard about some people having a great deal of technical problems with Black Ops, and in those instances, I definitely sympathize. I love Bad Company 2 as a game, but my experience with it has been absolutely broken from beginning to end, which drops its score in my personal review book down to about zero. I completely agree with someone disliking a game because of a technically difficult experience with it.

Anyway, hooray Blops! Hehe :D

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I definitely don't agee. I think Black Ops is not only a great game, but also the best Call of Duty game since COD2. BO is an excellently-balanced multiplayer game that is very intense, complex and engaging, and yet doesn't take itself too seriously, which keeps the emphasis squarely on fun. Best of all, it has a ton of content, making it probably the only FPS so far to be, in my opinion, worth a $60 price tag.

I never played MW2 because of the lack of dedicated servers, but for what it's worth, I actually thought COD4 was pretty bad overall. No comparison to Black Ops at all in my opinion.

All that said, I have heard about some people having a great deal of technical problems with Black Ops, and in those instances, I definitely sympathize. I love Bad Company 2 as a game, but my experience with it has been absolutely broken from beginning to end, which drops its score in my personal review book down to about zero. I completely agree with someone disliking a game because of a technically difficult experience with it.

Anyway, hooray Blops! Hehe :D

JN_Fenrir

What??? maybe in clas..es but the map design is awful. It's basically no fun to play HQ since every map has like 5-6 doors to get into each HQ so holding a defensive position is useless.

Did you play COD4 when it came out? MP? or play it after when MW and Black Ops were out?

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nick3306
Member since 2007 • 3429 Posts
All that the new COD games are is COD4 with added elements to make it more noob friendly. Thats how i see it, no on will change my mind.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
All that the new COD games are is COD4 with added elements to make it more noob friendly. Thats how i see it, no on will change my mind.Nick3306
You mean the killstreak awards?
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#11 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

The formula is a year older. The scenarios lack imagination and the story is highly convoluted with some really awful dialogue. lol most of the script is this yahoo screaming. The numbers you clod! :P Its also terribly optimised, it doesn't look any better than MW2, the multiplayer frequently crashes and you can't get a ping below 40. I paid like $80 for that. YES! I have a right to complain! Let our voices be heard!

Also, I was talking on System Wars about how savage this COD is. Its always been a violent series but there are some really nasty things you're asked to do, like putting glass in a blokes mouth and punching him in the face. I don't find that fun or "cool" "dudes". I thought that was really primitive. Their image of Castro is laughable. It really makes you question the direction (and agenda) of the series.

Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nick3306
[QUOTE="Nick3306"]All that the new COD games are is COD4 with added elements to make it more noob friendly. Thats how i see it, no on will change my mind.FelipeInside
You mean the killstreak awards?

I mean everything, like the throwing knife and tomahawk, its all crap for noobs.
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58344 Posts

I just want a CoD: Future Warfare. Not necessarily lasers (tho PEW PEW PEWing friends would be fun), but something futuristic, you know, somethign that required alittle creativity.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#14 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
biggest_loser secretly loves black ops, he plays at 2am so nobody will see. The secret is out though, he can't hide it anymore! It is still pretty popular online for PC, about the same player numbers as MW2. (right now it has 2000 more than MW2) I stopped playing because people played nuketown too much but got 3 prestige ranks out of it. I certainly wont be going back to "modern host migration 2" but I've had value out of black ops and mw2 so I am happy with my purchases. I don't believe the franchise can keep selling more than it's predecessor forever. When that day comes the gaming industry will probably be better off.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
I certainly prefer it to MW2.
timma25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 timma25
Member since 2005 • 1131 Posts

Largest issue for me is that it lags like hell despite running all the past games with higher settings and a steady framerate. That aside, the weapons feel crumby and weak, the maps are garbage and the kill streaks just aren't interesting. Using the friends list is a pain and just plain stupid when it already uses steam, not being able to switch teams and the unchanged knifing is just silly. Most of the servers only run nuketown and the ones that are not usually have alot of people whining to change it to nuketown. Headshots are pointless, sniping sucks and the other weapons are either really good or really bad leading to very little variety.

Wager matches are almost interesting except the amount you can bet on is very limited. Still they have the most interesting game modes.

Barebones is the only saving grace for this game imho.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kozzy1234

The formula is a year older. The scenarios lack imagination and the story is highly convoluted with some really awful dialogue. lol most of the script is this yahoo screaming. The numbers you clod! :P Its also terribly optimised, it doesn't look any better than MW2, the multiplayer frequently crashes and you can't get a ping below 40. I paid like $80 for that. YES! I have a right to complain! Let our voices be heard!

Also, I was talking on System Wars about how savage this COD is. Its always been a violent series but there are some really nasty things you're asked to do, like putting glass in a blokes mouth and punching him in the face. I don't find that fun or "cool" "dudes". I thought that was really primitive. Their image of Castro is laughable. It really makes you question the direction (and agenda) of the series.

biggest_loser

But the airplane level in MW2 was ok? Where they ask you to kill innocents? :roll:

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

kozzy1234

But the airplane level in MW2 was ok? Where they ask you to kill innocents? :roll:

At least that tied in nicely with the narrative and had a purpose.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's not? It's not as good as CoD 4 but it's far better than W@W and MW2.

True_Sounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#20 True_Sounds
Member since 2009 • 2915 Posts

Ugh the optimization kills me. I just beat COD5 on high settings, and this game won't get a decent framerate when I put every setting on minimum except res. Maybe I need a patch or something, I don't know.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

It's favorite COD, the SP is quite fun and the multiplayer is obviously great (Sure it's not balanced but it's still playable)

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

Not as good as COD4 I agree, but I personally think MW2 is much worse then Black Ops and one of the worst in the series (COD3 is the only one that might be as bad).

MW2 is one of the worst games ive played this gen.

kozzy1234
lol it wasnt THAT bad man. I have high standards and still clocked over 140 hours into MW2. Yes the hackers destroyed the game and it got old after that many hours but it was decent. I played BOps on consoles and couldnt stand the game. I personally loved World at War the most besides Call of Duty 4. I mean getting 3 map packs for free on PC was great. I dont regret getting MW2 but I do regret selling WaW to get MW2. lol. None of the CoD games compare to a game like TF2 but what can you do - CoD is an annualized game.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

I dont understand all the love forCOD 4, nothing but nade spam.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

Cranler
It's like that with every CoD these days.... but vanilla COD4 wasn't. It was more about group tactics and skill. I wish the next CoD doesn't have this...
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
[QUOTE="Cranler"]

FelipeInside
It's like that with every CoD these days.... but vanilla COD4 wasn't. It was more about group tactics and skill. I wish the next CoD doesn't have this...

To be fair, Cranler is right, one of the biggest faults of COD4, both online and offline, is the amount of grenades the bots and the players throw. This just throws a lot of tactics and skill out the window.
Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10454 Posts

Blops is made by an inferior company, and they weren't able to put the proper feel into the game that was in MW1 and MW2.

MyopicCanadian

agreed. also the sp was woeful; i know cod games arent known for their complexity but this was as simple and shallow and uninspiring as they come. a massive disappointment

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

biggest_loser

>how savage this CoD is

>implying that Black Ops is the most savage CoD

>hmm, let's think about MW2, shall we?

>scene where you gun down numerous civilians

>scene where torture of Rojas is implied, and then the dude is left to die tied to a grate

>yep, Black Ops - definitely the most savage CoD

I mean, I understand not liking the game, but please, MW2 was twice as worse in this regard.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Cranler"]

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

To be fair, Cranler is right, one of the biggest faults of COD4, both online and offline, is the amount of grenades the bots and the players throw. This just throws a lot of tactics and skill out the window.

I never encountered that much grenade spamming online in 4. Especially compared to Blops and, to a lesser extent MW2.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11784 Posts

Because unlike 4 (black ops's performance is utterly laughable)

phenom II 945, 4gigs of RAM, GTX570, and the game still chugs worse than any COD game I have ever played! (while not looking much better at all)

IT IS UNOPTIMIZED, and OVER ADVERTISED/OVER MARKETED.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

- performs terribly on the ps3 and PC, which is shameful considering its the same game engine has CoD2 with a few tweaks. It just looks bad overall

- Same damn MP component every year, with killstreaks to award good players and make them do even better

- maps are smaller than my front yard

- waves of useless DLC, but no patches to fix glaring issues

- Very inconsistent use of MP community. Peer 2 peer one game, then dedicated, then restricted dedicated. They can't make up their mind

- Devs show no interest in the market outide milking consoles. Statements like "BUt the PC has exclusive options like mouse control, text chat, and resolution setings" come to mind.

- Each game has less than a year dev time

- MW3 has a bunch of studios working on the game at the same time. Smells like rushed cash grab as typical of Activision

And yet people buy this series of games by the billions

contaminated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#31 contaminated
Member since 2005 • 5373 Posts
I wouldn't call it bad more so as the same.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#32 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

It doesn't run as well, but the fact WAW runs better really makes me wonder what they were thinking when they make this game.

You have to mess with the configs to make it playable.

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 the_ChEeSe_mAn2

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It's like that with every CoD these days.... but vanilla COD4 wasn't. It was more about group tactics and skill. I wish the next CoD doesn't have this...Phoenix534

I never encountered that much grenade spamming online in 4. Especially compared to Blops and, to a lesser extent MW2.

As someone who played COD 4 for almost 2 years, I noticed a LOT of grenade spam. When the frag x3 perk is available to anyone, it becomes problematic on medium-small maps.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] To be fair, Cranler is right, one of the biggest faults of COD4, both online and offline, is the amount of grenades the bots and the players throw. This just throws a lot of tactics and skill out the window.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

As someone who played COD 4 for almost 2 years, I noticed a LOT of grenade spam. When the frag x3 perk is available to anyone, it becomes problematic on medium-small maps.

Yes, like I said nade spam became a problem in COD4....and one of the reasons I moved on. BUT, in Vanilla COD4 MP it was a lot less spam and more about skill....
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

psn8214

>how savage this CoD is

>scene where torture of Rojas is implied, and then the dude is left to die tied to a grate

I mean, I understand not liking the game, but please, MW2 was twice as worse in this regard.

Again, the airport scene is part of the plot and I don't think you actually have to shoot the first lot of civilians. I don't think. I need to check that. Implied torture is nowhere near as bad as forcing a player to participate in through a quicktime event, making a game of it. Black Ops: You put glass in a blokes mouth to torture him, you have a quick time event to strangle someone, they make Castro out to be this cowardly murderer, you cut someones throat in slow motion I think. Those first two points: you can't even skip them.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

biggest_loser

>how savage this CoD is

Again, the airport scene is part of the plot and I don't think you actually have to shoot the first lot of civilians. I don't think. I need to check that. Implied torture is nowhere near as bad as forcing a player to participate in through a quicktime event, making a game of it. Black Ops: You put glass in a blokes mouth to torture him, you have a quick time event to strangle someone, they make Castro out to be this cowardly murderer, you cut someones throat in slow motion I think. Those first two points: you can't even skip them.

I think game devs are going down the road of music artists.... desperate music artists like KEI$HA.

They need to SHOCK and be all SEXY and SEXUAL to make up for their crap music...

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

biggest_loser

>how savage this CoD is

Nice excuses I must admit :P

Like PSN said, I dont have an issue with people hating Black Ops but to act like it was more GRUESOME then MW2's airpot scene is laughable. That airpot scene was one of the most violent parts I have seen in any videogame. Didnt bother me personally, but if gruesome stuff did bother me I would be much more offended about bgeing forced to shoot hundreds of innocents in an airpot then putting glass in a dudes mouth or that they made Castro seem like a cowardly murderor.

Oh well, to each there own :P

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 the_ChEeSe_mAn2

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

FelipeInside

Yes, like I said nade spam became a problem in COD4....and one of the reasons I moved on. BUT, in Vanilla COD4 MP it was a lot less spam and more about skill....

I am confused about your post, since you mention that name spam was a problem in COD4 and in vanilla version it was less about spam and more about skill.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] As someone who played COD 4 for almost 2 years, I noticed a LOT of grenade spam. When the frag x3 perk is available to anyone, it becomes problematic on medium-small maps.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

I am confused about your post, since you mention that name spam was a problem in COD4 and in vanilla version it was less about spam and more about skill.

Lol, sorry about the confusion I mean to say that when cod4 first came out there wasn't so much grenades being thrown around...
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

[QUOTE="psn8214"]

>how savage this CoD is

kozzy1234

Nice excuses I must admit :P

Like PSN said, I dont have an issue with people hating Black Ops but to act like it was more GRUESOME then MW2's airpot scene is laughable. That airpot scene was one of the most violent parts I have seen in any videogame. Didnt bother me personally, but if gruesome stuff did bother me I would be much more offended about bgeing forced to shoot hundreds of innocents in an airpot then putting glass in a dudes mouth or that they made Castro seem like a cowardly murderor.

Oh well, to each there own :P

Both are gruesome but which one moves closer to glorifying its act?

JN_Fenrir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JN_Fenrir
Member since 2004 • 1551 Posts

One thing I would like to say about Black Ops is this: it has prone and lean. 'Nuff said. :D

mkaliaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mkaliaz
Member since 2004 • 1979 Posts

One thing I would like to say about Black Ops is this: it has prone and lean. 'Nuff said. :D

JN_Fenrir

Prone only encourages camping and IMO should not exist in multiplayer mode.

Avatar image for tehsystemwarior
tehsystemwarior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tehsystemwarior
Member since 2009 • 1812 Posts
lag, The famas, pro perks being a pain to get, ghost, ghost +silencer combo, kill streaks sucking, no gun balance whatsoever, and it runs like poop.
Nick3306

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Nick3306

[QUOTE="JN_Fenrir"]

mkaliaz

Prone only encourages camping and IMO should not exist in multiplayer mode.

I really hope you are joking.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 psn8214

Both are gruesome but which one moves closer to glorifying its act?

biggest_loser

Modern Warfare 2, by far. How anyone can argue otherwise mystifies me. Like, I can totally see disliking Black Ops more for any number (numbers lol) of reasons, but as to which glorifies murder/torture more? C'mon... :roll:

psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 psn8214

biggest_loser

Just because it's part of the plot doesn't justify it. The Black Ops scenes were very much part of the plot as well. Clarke was the only link to an overarching plot threatening the safety of an entire nation, of course they want to get the info out of him by any means necessary. Castro was merely trying to impress Dragovich - I don't think anyone thinks it was, or was supposed to be an accurate portrayal. This, just never happened. There was throating cutting, but slo mo? :roll:

Darksonic666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#47 Darksonic666
Member since 2009 • 3482 Posts

Can't say I never really got to play since it runs horribly on my Pc but modern warfare 2 runs great go figure.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 biggest_loser

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]

psn8214

Just because it's part of the plot doesn't justify it. The Black Ops scenes were very much part of the plot as well. Clarke was the only link to an overarching plot threatening the safety of an entire nation, of course they want to get the info out of him by any means necessary. Castro was merely trying to impress Dragovich - I don't think anyone thinks it was, or was supposed to be an accurate portrayal. This, just never happened. There was throating cutting, but slo mo? :roll:

What I'm saying is that by making you do that in a quick time event its almost like they're justifying it. I don't find that fun to watch or play. Its barbaric. The same with torturing a bloke in a quick time event. Its just horrible to participate in. Not "cool" as its probably meant to look.

With the airport, you don't have to shoot in the early section if you don't want to. Its meant to look horrific, not like they're saying 'oh this is great'. It actually shows you want your enemy is capable of.

Its not accurate but its still the developers representation that annoys me. Its a very American outlook and with the number of people playing this game you have to be careful with things like that.

Slo-mo or not I don't find it appealing to watch.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It's like that with every CoD these days.... but vanilla COD4 wasn't. It was more about group tactics and skill. I wish the next CoD doesn't have this...Phoenix534

Dont know how thats possible considering COD 4 is the only one that has a perk allwoing you to carry 3 grenades.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] To be fair, Cranler is right, one of the biggest faults of COD4, both online and offline, is the amount of grenades the bots and the players throw. This just throws a lot of tactics and skill out the window.Cranler

Dont know how thats possible considering COD 4 is the only one that has a perk allwoing you to carry 3 grenades.

I consider the grenade launcher (or NOOB TUBE) as nade spam too.... something that ALL CoD has issues with...