Why Do people seem to hate the PC

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Lord_Cocoo_Puff
Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Lord_Cocoo_Puff
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

This has always bugged me about EA and Lucasarts is that i always felt as though that they hated PC gaming. Am I crazy or is their any truth to this at all?

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#3 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
EA are pretty PC friendly, porting games to PC in most situations. They are pushing Origin because it gets them a lot more revenue per game sold. Their CEO in the past has said that the digital PC sector is the biggest growth in their business.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?DanielDust
Was I the only person that liked The Force Unleashed :(
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#5 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

Yes. My dad's from EA and he sits and growls at a PC in his living room every time I see him when I visit.

Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lord_Cocoo_Puff

You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?DanielDust
i have just heard both sides i suppose that EA favors consoles over pc but maybe i am crazy i think i just wish there where more RTS games on the PC

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#7 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

This has always bugged me about EA and Lucasarts is that i always felt as though that they hated PC gaming. Am I crazy or is their any truth to this at all?

Lord_Cocoo_Puff
Funny, up until a couple years ago Lucasarts was pretty much all PC as far as I recall. EA us a piece of crap that would destroy gaming altogether if it would make a profit. Yes I know fanboys, it is a business, and I get that. There is still a difference between good business and bad business. I will never forgive EA for taking Madden from the PC and for making sure no one else could make another NFL PC game either.
Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lord_Cocoo_Puff

[QUOTE="Lord_Cocoo_Puff"]

vfibsux

Funny, up until a couple years ago Lucasarts was pretty much all PC as far as I recall. EA us a piece of crap that would destroy gaming altogether if it would make a profit. Yes I know fanboys, it is a business, and I get that. There is still a difference between good business and bad business. I will never forgive EA for taking Madden from the PC and for making sure no one else could make another NFL PC game either.

well the last good LA game i remember playing on PC was Empire at War and that was 7 years ago? and i agree EA hates steam so they use Orgin to try and monopolize the PC market (again i may be wrong but right now im tired) i just wish people would take us more seriously and mayhaps make games that are made for PC and not Console Games just delayed for 2 weeks and then released on PC

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DanielDust

I will never forgive EA for taking Madden from the PC and for making sure no one else could make another NFL PC game either.vfibsux
I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?Lord_Cocoo_Puff

i have just heard both sides i suppose that EA favors consoles over pc but maybe i am crazy i think i just wish there where more RTS games on the PC

EA is a business, they're the most fair developers/publishers out there when it comes to platform affinity, they don't care about platforms, they care about money, an example would be ME, the super awesome and PC loving developer called Bioware made that game as a console exclusive, EA is the reason this series also began on PC and continued due to EA purchasing them.

Also, it seems this thread turned from a title used to draw attention and start some controversy into, you just want more RTSs, EA isn't responsible of the RTS genre, all developers are, you have RTSs to play and they're made well enough to last till another title gets released, RTS is niche, they don't sell, only Blizzard, CA and Firaxis makes good money off strategy games nowadays, we don't have many RTSs because everyone knows this and few want to risk an investment that will surely not make decent profits. Money comes from action games and FPSs that's why those are made in hundreds every year.

Lord_Cocoo_Puff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lord_Cocoo_Puff

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.

[QUOTE="Lord_Cocoo_Puff"]

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?DanielDust

EA is a business, they're the most fair developers/publishers out there when it comes to platform affinity, they don't care about platforms, they care about money, an example would be ME, the super awesome and PC loving developer called Bioware made that game as a console exclusive, EA is the reason this series also began on PC and continued due to EA purchasing them.

Also, it seems this thread turned from a title used to draw attention and start some controversy into, you just want more RTSs, EA isn't responsible of the RTS genre, all developers are, you have RTSs to play and they're made well enough to last till another title gets released, RTS is niche, they don't sell, only Blizzard, CA and Firaxis makes good money off strategy games nowadays, we don't have many RTSs because everyone knows this and few want to risk an investment that will surely not make decent profits. Money comes from action games and FPSs that's why those are made in hundreds every year.

no not really i was just stating that in general because lets face it you dont see many RTS's anymore. I just would wish people would be more excited for RTS's and not so much FPS's or get more pumped for Rpgs or RTTS or even Space Sims if developers and publishers would put more faith in PC but that is my opinion anyway so take it or leave it

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FelipeInside
^^ What do you mean? There are heaps of RTS games out there. More so than 20 years ago. Some even morphed into MOBA and Hybrids (RPG/RTS)
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]I will never forgive EA for taking Madden from the PC and for making sure no one else could make another NFL PC game either.DanielDust

I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.

Ummm that is where you are wrong. The NFL football market used to behuge on the PC with at least 3 competitors at all times, EA MONOPOLIZED the genre with the help of the NFL by getting the exclusive license from them. No other company has made an NFL PC game BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE SUED BY EA. Educate yourself before defending megacorporations who would not take a second out of their existence to think of little ol you, it looks ridiculous.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#13 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

I've always thought of EA as favouring the PC. I'm not sure if it will stay that way once these AMD equipped consoles come out but it's probably reason for console elitists to celebrate and rip on the PC even more.

Falconoffury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Falconoffury
Member since 2003 • 1722 Posts

EA, and every major publisher hates PC because of piracy. I thought everyone knew that. PC has higher piracy rates than console for some reason. I find it strange because it is nearly as easy to pirate on console as on PC, in most cases.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]I will never forgive EA for taking Madden from the PC and for making sure no one else could make another NFL PC game either.vfibsux

Ummm that is where you are wrong. The NFL football market used to behuge on the PC with at least 3 competitors at all times, EA MONOPOLIZED the genre with the help of the NFL by getting the exclusive license from them. No other company has made an NFL PC game BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE SUED BY EA. Educate yourself before defending megacorporations who would not take a second out of their existence to think of little ol you, it looks ridiculous.

Get a clue, anyone can make games, without using licensed names and players, great advice, educate yourself.

Just a small FYI, there were 2 or 3 such games developed in the last few years, but nobody bought them, because nobody cares about these games, even if you find that hard to believe, nothing will change. Buy those games and then try to make a point, now you're just a hypocrite grasping at hate straws.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Considering EA publishes the Sims, which includes some of the best selling PC games of all time, I don't think they hate the PC.

But the general answer will probably be teh piracy!

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Nah

Nobody hates the PC.

Companies want more control of it.

Individuals want games to be more scalable so they can play on their laptop or tablets.

It's a big business, lots of money involved.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

I don't think EA and others hate PC, I'm pretty sure it's the other way around...

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

No Tigerwoods, NHL Hockey, John Madden football on PC....why is that?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

No Tigerwoods, NHL Hockey, John Madden football on PC....why is that?

Videodogg

No market.

I think people don't understand that these big companies spend thousands of dollars on market research and budget/demand analysis. If the game isn't selling on PC, and they are loosing money, why do gamers expect them to keep creating more versions?

Why do they release FIFA each year on PC? Cause football is the most played sport in the world, and the most popular... and FIFA is popular EVERYWHERE, and lots of people in the world own PCs instead of consoles.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1176 Posts

Yes, it pisses me off that there are no physical copies of Fifa 13 for PC, or that NHL 13 did not get ported at all.

The only company I have a grudge against is Microsoft for selling me a $340 Xbox360 which broke after 3 short years. I wouldn't have even needed to buy a PC if Microsoft actually built a reliable console.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FelipeInside

Yes, it pisses me off that there are no physical copies of Fifa 13 for PC, or that NHL 13 did not get ported at all.

The only company I have a grudge against is Microsoft for selling me a $340 Xbox360 which broke after 3 short years. I wouldn't have even needed to buy a PC if Microsoft actually built a reliable console.

strategyfn

Ehhhh...what are you talking about? I have a physical copy at home, my local EB Games has lots of them.

The first batch of Xbox360s had the ring of death problem. PCs sometimes break in 3 years too you know.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 strategyfn

I haven't seen a physical copy of Fifa 13, and I've looked in numerous stores, maybe because I live in Canada with only medium sized cities around me.

If a PC breaks though it is usually easier to fix: you can bring it to any quality PC repair technician, instead of shipping it to Microsoft to get your gaming system fixed.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside

I haven't seen a physical copy of Fifa 13, and I've looked in numerous stores, maybe because I live in Canada with only medium sized cities around me.

If a PC breaks though it is usually easier to fix: you can bring it to any quality PC repair store, instead of having to deal with Microsoft to get your gaming system fixed.

strategyfn

I guess depends where you live in BOTH your examples.

I'm in Australia and I go to any store with PC Gaming and they normally have physical copies of FIFA13 and previous versions.

If you really want a physical copy: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Games-/139973/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=fifa+13&_dmpt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&Platform=PC&rt=nc

As for the XBOX, Microsoft is the "quality repair store", but I've seen stores that repair XBOX as well locally.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 strategyfn

Oh, I thought the rumuor was that in most cases you needed to send it to some Microsoft hub, and have them officially repair it. Probably not worth it now to get my 360 fixed, I imagine it would cost around $180. I assume there are some outside technicians that will fix a broken 360, but that MS wanted in most cases to fix your console personally.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.DanielDust

Get a clue, anyone can make games, without using licensed names and players, great advice, educate yourself.

Just a small FYI, there were 2 or 3 such games developed in the last few years, but nobody bought them, because nobody cares about these games, even if you find that hard to believe, nothing will change. Buy those games and then try to make a point, now you're just a hypocrite grasping at hate straws.

You seriously think someone wants to play a no name generic league football game? You are seriously using those crap games as your ammo? Here is what I think, you are not American (since you referred to me as you and a few other Americans) and could not give a crap about American football, and you are obviously clueless about this topic. Stick to something you know, because this ain't it. Madden online PC leagues were huge and there were always other good NFL football games for the PC. EA killed it man, that is a FACT. Fanboy it up all you want, you cannot change what happened. There has always been a market for PC NFL games and if EA did not hold the license we would have had someone fill that hole.

Again, since you seem pretty clueless on this......if it ain't NFL it ain't gonna sell, period. Terrible debate. Stick with soccer.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

Oh, I thought the rumuor was that in most cases you needed to send it to some Microsoft hub, and have them officially repair it. Probably not worth it now to get my 360 fixed, I imagine it would cost around $180. I assume there are some outside technicians that will fix a broken 360, but that MS wanted in most cases to fix your console personally.

strategyfn
Well these days I'm sure fixing an XBOX is a lot cheaper than a few years back (I can't be sure since I don't use consoles mostly). BUT, consoles are also much cheaper than before....so I guess you just have to compare how much the fix would be against a new console. Either way, I like a PC better.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] Ummm that is where you are wrong. The NFL football market used to behuge on the PC with at least 3 competitors at all times, EA MONOPOLIZED the genre with the help of the NFL by getting the exclusive license from them. No other company has made an NFL PC game BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE SUED BY EA. Educate yourself before defending megacorporations who would not take a second out of their existence to think of little ol you, it looks ridiculous.

vfibsux

You seriously think someone wants to play a no name generic league football game? You are seriously using those crap games as your ammo? Here is what I think, you are not American (since you referred to me as you and a few other Americans) and could not give a crap about American football, and you are obviously clueless about this topic. Stick to something you know, because this ain't it. Madden online PC leagues were huge and there were always other good NFL football games for the PC. EA killed it man, that is a FACT. Fanboy it up all you want, you cannot change what happened. There has always been a market for PC NFL games and if EA did not hold the license we would have had someone fill that hole.

Again, since you seem pretty clueless on this......if it ain't NFL it ain't gonna sell, period. Terrible debate. Stick with soccer.

Let me input my two cents here:

Actually yes. Look at PES. Not licensed for lots of teams yet millions playing.

"were" being the keyword. Madden saw a big shift from PC to consoles around the year 2003-2004 if I remember correctly. Apart from EA or not licensing the brand, they analyzed the market and saw less and less people buying the PC version. It got to a point where they weren't making money on PC so why would they keep releasing versions? (with the console platform gaining Madden Crowd).

I'm not taking sides or anything, just stating the facts. I always want PC to have the broadest range and I hate when something is made exclusive (either to PC or consoles). I feel ur pain though, I would be devastated if FIFA was taken off PC since I've been playing it from 1994 onwards.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] Ummm that is where you are wrong. The NFL football market used to behuge on the PC with at least 3 competitors at all times, EA MONOPOLIZED the genre with the help of the NFL by getting the exclusive license from them. No other company has made an NFL PC game BECAUSE THEY WOULD BE SUED BY EA. Educate yourself before defending megacorporations who would not take a second out of their existence to think of little ol you, it looks ridiculous.

vfibsux

"I don't want to buy American Football games, because EA doesn't trust me to maybe buy the game when they release it..boohoo, I hate you EA, I'll never be able to play American Football games, because you don't release an NFL"

Okay, wow, you're so convincing, I wonder why EA stopped porting the game. Don't be delusional, the game was dead, just like NHL a series I liked and it was obviously dead, EA doesn't stop making games because they want to, they stop because "nobody" buys them, less than a few tens of thousands of Americans is nobody as I'm sure you know no game will be kept alive with so few buyers.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

EA and Lucasarts release games where they will sell most. A bad console game has a good chance of outselling a good pc game because of rentals.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vfibsux

I won't even give you the respect to quote your posts any further on this topic.

If you had an ounce of sense you would see my major complaint is not EA ditching their Madden line pn the PC, it is that no one else is allowed to fill that hole. I'm done here talking to EA fanboys about this. 

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

EA spent $200 Million on a PC exclusive, I don't think they hate PC gaming.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DanielDust

I won't even give you the respect to quote your posts any further on this topic.

If you had an ounce of sense you would see my major complaint is not EA ditching their Madden line pn the PC, it is that no one else is allowed to fill that hole. I'm done here talking to EA fanboys about this. 

vfibsux

I will give you the honor of quoting your stupidity.

Things get licensed and games are still made, if all you care about is the name of some random team with the names of its random players, then you obviously won't buy a game if EA released it unless it was on a whim due to your lack of real life "literature" to read.

Only a complete and utter idiot would have an argument like "no one else is allowed", when in fact everybody is allowed, you can't trademark the wheel, money can offer you the chance to trademark the name, but nobody will be able to trademark the shape and function, even a dramatic idiot, would figure that out sooner or later.

If you'd actually have a point, you'd have started a petition, then you'd have contacted EA with great joy, but realistically, you won't get 2K votes. American football is dead on PC, deal with it.

SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Lord_Cocoo_Puff
They hate the PC because they are utterly terrible at games that require skill.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#35 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

This.EA are pretty PC friendly, porting games to PC in most situations. They are pushing Origin because it gets them a lot more revenue per game sold. Their CEO in the past has said that the digital PC sector is the biggest growth in their business. Nutcrackr
This.
[QUOTE="nutcrackr"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?FelipeInside

Yes. LOL jk Felipe. Seriously, I didn't like it but the game sold over 6 million friggin copies lol. So yeah, someone liked it.. just not the PC crowd I guess.

Zebracal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Zebracal
Member since 2013 • 56 Posts

They don't hate the PC. 

This will always depend on the market, they will always ask the question if this "game" will benifit in the PC or not. Big companies like them will always question this. It's always the matter of users in the market. 

yellosnolvr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#37 yellosnolvr
Member since 2005 • 19302 Posts
I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.DanielDust
EA caused this drop in demand by keeping maddens 06-08 on the same engine as the xbox/ps2/gc versions. nobody wanted to play that. they wanted to play the madden games on the brand new next-gen engine. if they ported that engine beginning in 06, things would be much different.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DanielDust
[QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.yellosnolvr
EA caused this drop in demand by keeping maddens 06-08 on the same engine as the xbox/ps2/gc versions. nobody wanted to play that. they wanted to play the madden games on the brand new next-gen engine. if they ported that engine beginning in 06, things would be much different.

True, but EA is a group of people going for money and profitability, if the series was bringing in money, they would have made a major investment and they'd have ported it to a new engine, like FIFA, FIFA is profitable on PC, all it took to invest into it, porting the latest engine and making it even better than consoles + including every single new feature new FIFA games have on PC too, was to not release the last World Cup game (the only series EA actually invested more than the usual in the past) and they also gave up on UEFA, they simply made a DLC.
II-Siamak-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 II-Siamak-II
Member since 2012 • 480 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?FelipeInside

No man, your not the only one, I have yet to start Force Unleashed 2 but I really really enjoyed the first one even tho it was almost the worst port for PC.

slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

EA, and every major publisher hates PC because of piracy. I thought everyone knew that. PC has higher piracy rates than console for some reason. I find it strange because it is nearly as easy to pirate on console as on PC, in most cases.

Falconoffury

If developers started complaining about piracy on consoles they would start losing support from the manufacturers. Negative press about a system will keep new developers from wanting to waste time with it. Case in point would be the PSP.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="DanielDust"] I'm sure you and the other few Americans will bare this grudge against them forever. They stopped porting it and nobody else tries to make such a game, because American Football doesn't sell anywhere except America where people interested are all on consoles, like FIFA doesn't sell much in America, but Europe where PC is still dominant by far.yellosnolvr

Didn't happen with FIFA...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?FelipeInside

Count me in too, i loved the Force Unleashed game.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#43 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

Well generally PC gaming is a PITA. You must think that every user has potentially different hardware configurations. Then the developer must balance one game for every possible hardware conflict. Then they must provide support for users who may still have problems running the game on their PC, this will mean either telephone support or forums. Then there's piracy which prevelant on consoles but more easily accessible on PC. The benefits to PC gaming at the moment are digital distribution but I'm sure many devs would like to only develop for console as its much easier.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

DanielDust

I will give you the honor of quoting your stupidity.

Things get licensed and games are still made, if all you care about is the name of some random team with the names of its random players, then you obviously won't buy a game if EA released it unless it was on a whim due to your lack of real life "literature" to read.

Only a complete and utter idiot would have an argument like "no one else is allowed", when in fact everybody is allowed, you can't trademark the wheel, money can offer you the chance to trademark the name, but nobody will be able to trademark the shape and function, even a dramatic idiot, would figure that out sooner or later.

If you'd actually have a point, you'd have started a petition, then you'd have contacted EA with great joy, but realistically, you won't get 2K votes. American football is dead on PC, deal with it.

No I'm not done, just took a breather. Awesome personal attacks, shows you have zero confidence in your argument.

Once again non-American ignorant to AMERICAN football guy......the NFL IS FOOTBALL is in this country. No one wants to play "smashem up made-up backyard league" football. The NFL is the only game in town, the FACT you don't get that shows this topic is just not one you should even be involved in. This would be the same as me telling some Euro dude how his soccer (sorry, football) game should be. You're an arrogant and you're insulting, it is shame Gamepost allows your kind of trash anymore.

pl4yer_f0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pl4yer_f0und
Member since 2009 • 990 Posts

Lucasarts just hates gamers in general, I still can't believe they haven't released a new Battlefront...

Avatar image for theshadowhunter
theshadowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 theshadowhunter
Member since 2004 • 2956 Posts

because its not mainstream like consoles are and people on PC usually dont buy the crap they want to push at us because we are more sceptical and usually dont rush to buy things before really looking into a game.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="DanielDust"]You're crazy, EA doesn't hate PC, EA releases absolutely anything that has even a slim chance of being sold on PC as for LA, why would anyone care? how many decades has it passed since they were actually making games worth playing?BattleSpectre

Count me in too, i loved the Force Unleashed game.

I enjoyed it on PS3, it had some flaws but it was fun to play.